Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:28   #1
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
Gear deals on Woot.com (FYI)

Not sure how many people here know about woot.com, it's basically how amazon sells their overstocked items.

I just thought I'd pass it along because if you watch it they actually have a good amount of preps on there fairly reguarly.

For example right now:
8 hour tea lights, 24 pack, 20 bucks.
http://home.woot.com/offers/fuel-cel...ealight-24pk-1

Various Freeze Dried foods:
http://sport.woot.com/plus/mountain-...e-dried-food-1

They also regularly have backpacks, first aid stuff, camping gear, knives and such like that.

They basically have two kids of sales. They have a daily item that's available all day or until stock runs out. Then they have these sales below them called "Woot Plus" where the items in them are available for a couple of days or until they sell out.

Just thought I'd pass that along. Not sure how many people around here watch it. I do regularly for all kinds of things, but never thought about how good of a prepping resource it can be to those trying to grab some gear on the cheap. I should have earlier. That's where I got both BOBs and daypacks for the wife and I for a really good price.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46   #2
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

Woot does have something for everyone.

I've been a Woot shopper for years, even before Amazon bought them out.

They used to have really great deals and just one deal a day. Now they have dozens of deals and the discounts aren't as deep. I was just checking my history and I was making a lot of purchase up to April 2013. Up until then, everything you purchased in one day shipped for a flat $5. Then they increased the shipping charge to so much per item.

In 2012 I bought a $190 knife sharpener for $50, Several nice folding knives at 40% off of Amazon's regular price, and $90 dog clippers for $25. No, I don't use the knife sharpener on my good knives. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a bunch of the dog clippers because just the blade costs more than $25.

From what I've observed, because I still check Woot nearly every day, the deals became so-so and you could even find items on other web sites for less.

I'm addicted to online shopping and Woot is a good place to go to find things you had no idea you NEEDED. Before you pull the trigger on the purchase, just check a few other sites. You might get a better deal.

Do check the Community Sourced deals section. I still find some really good deals there.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.

Last edited by FL Airedale; 08-24-2013 at 05:54..
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote