Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:11   #1
CHEF-LOU

EAA Zastava PAP

Have a friend thinking of purchasing one and needs a few questions answered (I am not overly familiar with the AK platform). How is the reliability? Will it accept 30 rd. mags? Will it accept after market furniture? If this is not a good weapon, can anyone suggest an alternative. Thanks in advance for your help.
- "Holy S**t!" "What a Ride!"
CHEF-LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 18:58   #2
my762buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF-LOU View Post
Have a friend thinking of purchasing one and needs a few questions answered (I am not overly familiar with the AK platform). How is the reliability? Will it accept 30 rd. mags? Will it accept after market furniture? If this is not a good weapon, can anyone suggest an alternative. Thanks in advance for your help.
No to 30 round mags. No to after market furniture at least on the back end.
Good reliability but limited to 10 round mags.

For high capacity a better alternative would be an Arsenal SGL 21.
my762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42   #3
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Someone I know got a brand new one , put a NcStar laser scope + red dot with quick release mount (for the factory-pic-rail on the dust cover) for his Pop's 60th bday last week and it was a huge hit.... huge hit. An Arsenal it is not, but, depending on your applications, it might be for you. a local gun shop here in NJ literally cannot keep them in stock. LITERALLY, they get them and they go that day, EVERYONE seems to be buying them.

(But that could also be because in NJ it seems like its Wasr or..... Wasr...lol.)

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:51   #4
Ermac

They are high quality imported AK, but is limited to 10 round mags and no stock options. If those two things don't bother you, then I'd say go for it.
Ermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 20:23   #5
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

HEY I could use some help please,

As mentioned I got my old man a 60th BDay brand new Zastava PAP, a Red-dot/Laser sight, etc... he got a ton of ammo for it so I think he likes it.

Where can he get more magazines? Please help me out there, in the following aspects:

Where can he get "real magazines"? and how much are they?
Where can he get a magazine that fits, what would they be, best pricing? i.e. what would you tell your Dad to buy? If there's a good deal on the right thing he's the type of dude to buy 10 or 20 of em, know what I mean?

And also is there bigger than 10rd that would fit/work WITHOUT conversion/gunsmithing etc. He posed thast question to me, I mentioned conversion/gunsmithing and that's just not an option.

THANK YOU any/all for the help.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:19   #6
GIockGuy24
Bring M&M's

The magazines are kind of cheap plastic, not nice Glock-type plastic. Some steel single stack magazines from other AK's will work in the PAP but not all of them. Yugo M70 fixed stocks will fit but without much support. The threaded piece that receives the pistol grip screw is drilled out oversized and is replaced with a wood screw in the thumbhole stock. The Yugo fixed stock has a full length bolt through it so the lack of lower support isn't missed too much and it may be strong enough to use as a shoulder stock for shooting.
GIockGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 19:47   #7
Ermac

What were they thinking when they made it not able to able to accept regular furniture? I heard it's also not easy to convert to double stacks.
Ermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:03   #8
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermac View Post
What were they thinking when they made it not able to able to accept regular furniture? I heard it's also not easy to convert to double stacks.
That was also what I found out but, it's okay for me because I'm in Jersey so it's nice they made it legal from the box , and it's nice to just put the red dot on and have it good Togo. But it's supposed to be pretty good -plus on the actual quality level n

Old 01-18-2011, 13:57   #9
xian001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo View Post
a local gun shop here in NJ literally cannot keep them in stock. LITERALLY, they get them and they go that day, EVERYONE seems to be buying them.
Hey ScrappyDoo - Where and what is the gun shop in NJ that carries these. I am interested in purchasing one and I am having a hard time finding a shop to go to.

Thanks,
Xian
xian001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 23:36   #10
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Xian,

I Bought From Cheyenne mt outfitters late summer. But after the huge scare with IO INC aks being declared illegal in nj suddenly a few months ago, and owners who bought one ( Cheyenne mt counter monkey salesdoosves were Pusssshing these rifles onto customers like anything buddy... Came in for a 8" .44 mag pistol , here try an io Inc ak rifle !! American made perfectly legal ak-47!!!) were given like 24 hours to turn them in or the njsp was gonna come knoxkin on the door for you.... Suddenly nobody is touching ak actionsd rifles in nj at all it seems ... Like several shops told me flat out on te phone NO WAY AK ILLEGAL IN NEW JERSEY , several said they had probs due to the atty gen ruling that suddenly banned io in. Rifles , so won't do it , etx. Pure craaziness in nj.

Now if you would like , pm me and , you could probably buy my Dads 60th bday present PAP. new , unfired, barely touched. I bought it for him, broke it down best I could, gave it a generous spray down rub down cleaning with a full bottle sprayed Breakfree CLP , ... then put it in the nice hard case and locked it up till his day. Oh yeah its got a brand new Ncstar red dot / red laser scope with QD throw mount. He hates it and hates me. Lol. I really thought he would love it and He's never even looked at it since.

So if you are at all Interested PMme and I'll ask him if he'd rather sell it and have the money

Last edited by ScrappyDoo; 01-18-2011 at 23:42..
Old 04-07-2011, 09:29   #11
buckshotshorty

Quote:
Someone I know got a brand new one , put a NcStar laser scope + red dot with quick release mount (for the factory-pic-rail on the dust cover) for his Pop's 60th bday last week and it was a huge hit.... huge hit. An Arsenal it is not, but, depending on your applications, it might be for you. a local gun shop here in NJ literally cannot keep them in stock. LITERALLY, they get them and they go that day, EVERYONE seems to be buying them.

(But that could also be because in NJ it seems like its Wasr or..... Wasr...lol.)
Every son's dream...bringing joy to Dad!

Quote:
Now if you would like , pm me and , you could probably buy my Dads 60th bday present PAP. new , unfired, barely touched. I bought it for him, broke it down best I could, gave it a generous spray down rub down cleaning with a full bottle sprayed Breakfree CLP , ... then put it in the nice hard case and locked it up till his day. Oh yeah its got a brand new Ncstar red dot / red laser scope with QD throw mount. He hates it and hates me. Lol. I really thought he would love it and He's never even looked at it since.

So if you are at all Interested PMme and I'll ask him if he'd rather sell it and have the money

Ouch!!!! I feel your pain! Had a similar thing happen to me as well.............I guess it pays to pick your parents!!!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!
pb
buckshotshorty is offline   Reply With Quote