Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2010, 16:34   #1
c_bass16

Suppressed Glocks

I have my Tridant-9 suppressor ordered/paid for and my G34 retrofitted with my new Lone Wolf Barrel.

Does anyone else run subsonic loads in a suppressed glock? Or do you have any issues running full power loads on a suppressed glock?

While the subs are not a vital shooting option...I have access to some 147gr Hollow Point Subsonic loads (cousin uses them in his suppressed HK) and was wondering if anyone had input on the combo.
c_bass16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 16:39   #2
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Welcome to Glock Talk.

I don't run suppressed but your going to want sub sonic loads to get the full effect of running suppressed. If it breaks the sound barrier then it is going to create a loud crack. There is no way around that it is just physics.
Jon_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 17:05   #3
c_bass16

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm very familiar with suppressors and how they react with sub's vs full power loads.
Like I said, I jsut got my first pistol suppressor ordered and paid for, waiting for my dealers Form3 to clear so i can get the Form 4 started but i have been running a YHM Phantom QD .30 cal suppressor on my .243 WSSM AR for about 2 years now. No intention of running subs in my hunting rifle but none the less...i'd love to in my new G34

Cousin is a dealer and uses cans on everything he owns from his Sig Mosquito to his Barrett M99 in 416. Getting to hear how his subsonic 9mm 147s sound in his HK USP is what got me interested in the idea and hence...the need for info.

I also know the new guy to a forum always has some speculation about his "mall-ninja" status. So let me get a few of the photos out.

New G34 pre-paint and with the new Lone Wolf Barrel, lasermax and 33rd mag.
Free Fire Zone

Here is the G34 after Tiger Stripe Brown duracoat. (the can is a mock 22 suppressor i just threw on for the picture.)
Free Fire Zone

The Eventual look (cause this is all photoshop) of my G34 once the suppressor arrives and the skulls are applied.
Free Fire Zone

Here is the .243WSSM AR I use for everything from Pdogs to deer. Front to back Desert Sand Cerakote as a base (camo grass pattern to come early this fall) This was pre-paint on the YHM Phantom
Free Fire Zone

And the .416 just about to be test fired to see what groups to get.
Free Fire Zone
Old 08-23-2010, 18:07   #4
Mdot

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! NICE STUFF!!! Tommy likey.
Mdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 18:13   #5
CynicX

I have a friend that could never get his G17 to cycle correctly with subsonic ammo and a suppressor on it. Hes tried different recoil springs, loading his own ammo to with a couple feet of super sonic this that and the other.

I've seen people do it on youtube and stuff but he just gave up.

It will cycle fine with super sonic and the suppressor, it will cycle fine with sub sonic and no suppressor (same barrel). But it wont do sub sonic and the suppressor. He reloads so hes tried all sorts of ammo combinations.

Although "cool". I've never had a use for a subsonic 9mm. Its lack of mass is greatly noticed with its lack of velocity. Not that I can say too much about that, I have a P22 suppressed for small game. It works beautifully, looks cool (imo), is incredibly quiet, sub sonic ammo is easy to find, and the whole package including suppressor and some ammo cost me less then your standard Glock cost.

But its not quite as cool I guess...

Free Fire Zone
Old 08-23-2010, 19:05   #6
c_bass16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
But its not quite as cool I guess...
oh dont sell yourself short at all. Suppressed 22s are AWESOME to shoot. Cousins Sig Mosquito has an Outback II and we LOVE shooting small game with it with subs and full power.

I had given serious thought about getting one in addition...however, I will most likely be getting a .22 upper for my glock instead. If i can run a suppressor on that as well, so be it. If not, oh well. 2 guns in 1 is always my favorite mode of purchase.
Old 08-23-2010, 19:08   #7
CynicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bass16 View Post
oh dont sell yourself short at all. Suppressed 22s are AWESOME to shoot. Cousins Sig Mosquito has an Outback II and we LOVE shooting small game with it with subs and full power.

I had given serious thought about getting one in addition...however, I will most likely be getting a .22 upper for my glock instead. If i can run a suppressor on that as well, so be it. If not, oh well. 2 guns in 1 is always my favorite mode of purchase.
Cant go wrong with this...

Free Fire Zone
Old 08-23-2010, 19:11   #8
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Very nice equipment....
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 19:11   #9
c_bass16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicX
Cant go wrong with this...

Free Fire Zone

agreed, cousin's is a 9mm with a Gemtech Tundra tossin those subsonic 147s
Its a blast to shoot. litterally
Old 08-25-2010, 05:43   #10
pokey074
The F.O. Man

I recently picked up my YHM Cobra 9mm for use with my G17 and Lone Wolf barrel. I plan on reloading subsonics. My view is if you're going to go through the trouble of getting a suppressor, why shoot anything but subsonics?
pokey074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:06   #11
c_bass16

awesome...so you plan to, but have not yet achieved success. please let me know how it works. the cobra is what I was going to go with, but the deal i got was too good to pass up.
Old 08-25-2010, 16:02   #12
sgtglock

That's the fun part of buying your first can is getting different host for it. I have a SWR Trident 9 and it is the best 9mm can you will ever own.
Free Fire Zone
Free Fire Zone
Here is my SWR Warlock on a CZ75 tactical with a Kadet kit. It is the most fun of all of them.
Free Fire Zone
sgtglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 16:08   #13
c_bass16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtglock View Post
That's the fun part of buying your first can is getting different host for it. I have a SWR Trident 9 and it is the best 9mm can you will ever own.
exactly my reason for getting a .30 cal can for my .243WSSM. Sooner or later I will get an AR10 in 308 and perhaps 7mm. As well as a 300OSSM upper for my AR. 3-4 uppers that can all run the same can.

Same reason for going with the Trident. One day would love to get an HK USP and already have a 9mm RRA SBR planned. I'm figureing the Trident will cover any handgun caliber i will ever get and the .30 cal can will cover any rifle i plan to get (until that .338 bug bites a lil harder anyway)

So i see you're running that Trident on the Glock as well...any thoughts or experience using subs with it?
Old 08-25-2010, 16:13   #14
sgtglock

I have loaded 147gr. bullets with VVN330 to subsonic levels with no problems. I also have shot Winchester Ranger SXT 147gr. ammo that was so quiet the shot timer wouldn't pick up the shots.
Here is my SpecWar II on a Colt LE6920. It sounds like a high pressure air leak when fired.
Free Fire Zone
sgtglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 15:19   #15
r2kba
Relax

Free Fire Zone
BIGDAWG #444 / Wheel#444

"I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
r2kba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 19:08   #16
bdavis

Factory Winchester White Box 147gr is subsonic out of all pistols I have tested. It has been absolutely reliable out of the Glocks. I just ran quite a few rounds through a KKM barreled G19 with a Trident. No issues whatsoever.

Good luck.
bdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35   #17
pokey074
The F.O. Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bass16 View Post
awesome...so you plan to, but have not yet achieved success. please let me know how it works. the cobra is what I was going to go with, but the deal i got was too good to pass up.
I always plan for success.
Free Fire Zone
pokey074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:53   #18
c_bass16

I actually plan for failure, then I'm never disappointed. In my case, it worked out. I'm MORE than excited to report that 3 different loads cycled perfect.

Can't wait for my paperwork to clear so Arial (the suppressor) can come home with Gwen (G34) and I.

Free Fire Zone

Free Fire Zone