Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-25-2010, 13:33   #1
randyc74

I just installed my XS Big Dot Sights

I'm getting older with old eyes to match, so I ordered and installed a set of XS Big Dot night sights on my off duty EDC Glock 27. Installation was simple with the detailed instructions and included front sight/rear sight tool, daralon punch for knocking out the stock rear sight, and red thread lock compound. I did have to file down the rear sight a bit so that it slid into the slide rear sight cut out with just finger pressure (per instructions). Once the rear sight is centered, it is held in place by 2 set screws.

If I like the sights, I plan to install a set on my 2nd generation Glock 23. Has anyone else installed these sights on a 2nd generation frame and were there any issues with front sight installation?

Once I get some range time in, I will let you guys know how I like the XS Big Dots.

Randy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
randyc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 14:13   #2
Wriggly

Looking forward to your report.
Wriggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 14:21   #3
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Just remember that these are not "range sights". The typical response from first trip to the range is WTH did I do? Like anything else, you can get used to them.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 14:26   #4
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

I have the Standard dots on my 27 and I think they are the best combat sights you can buy.
Old 06-25-2010, 15:22   #5
ck1
Some Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc74 View Post

Once I get some range time in, I will let you guys know how I like the XS Big Dots.

Randy
Let us know how long you go until you start to miss having a rear sight that actually serves a purpose... old eyes or not, big dots are a big gimmick, in no time you'll find that at the same distances the big dots are of any use you could probably hit with a gun that had NO sights.

(and please, no one needs to post that vid of Yeager hitting the pepper-popper at 100yrds with 'em, given a few shots you can hit one too without sights if you're a decent shot...)

Last edited by ck1; 06-25-2010 at 15:25..
ck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 16:23   #6
BiggJohn
NRA Life Member

I have the XS Big Dot sights on my G27 and love them. I have no problems hitting at 25 yards consistently.
G17 - G19 - G23 - G27 - G30SF - G35 - S&W Model 37 - S&W Model 442 - Benelli Nova - Savage Model 12 .308 - Kimber Custom II- Remington 700 22-250 - Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 - Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223 - AR-15 - Ruger Mark II Government
BiggJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 16:28   #7
cosmose

awesome got any pics
cosmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 18:47   #8
sndmn11

I installed them myself on my 30sf and 2nd gen 19. No trouble installing on either pistol, and no difference in the installation steps.
sndmn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 19:11   #9
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
I'm getting older with old eyes to match, so I ordered and installed a set of XS Big Dot night sights on my off duty EDC Glock 27. Installation was simple with the detailed instructions and included front sight/rear sight tool, daralon punch for knocking out the stock rear sight, and red thread lock compound. I did have to file down the rear sight a bit so that it slid into the slide rear sight cut out with just finger pressure (per instructions). Once the rear sight is centered, it is held in place by 2 set screws.

If I like the sights, I plan to install a set on my 2nd generation Glock 23. Has anyone else installed these sights on a 2nd generation frame and were there any issues with front sight installation?

Randy
Congrats! I've been wanting a set for my G27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
I have the Standard dots on my 27 and I think they are the best combat sights you can buy.
But, I'm torn between the Big Dots and these.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 19:21   #10
Thunderbolt56

Yes, let us know how you like them. I'm also looking at the XS standard dot, but can't decide on those or the Ameriglo Pro Operators.

My local range

Thunderbolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 20:23   #11
DougW
Native Texan

I have Big Dot 24/7's on all 5 of my Glocks. 1-1gen G17, 1-3gen G17, 2-2gen G19's, and 1-2gen G26.

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Love 'em! Great combat sight. Now, I wish I could find the Glock Light I lost!

Proud Father of Two US Army Soldiers

Last edited by DougW; 06-25-2010 at 20:25..
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 20:29   #12
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

3 G27's in the past all with XS Big Dot's. Bought em, carried them as EDC's and sold for one reason or another. Wanted another subcompact again but decided on the G30SF instead. XS Big Dots on the way from midway along with 1000K .45 bullets for reloads.
&
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 00:14   #13
randyc74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndmn11 View Post
I installed them myself on my 30sf and 2nd gen 19. No trouble installing on either pistol, and no difference in the installation steps.
Thanks, that's the information I was looking for. I reserved a range spot tomorrow, so I can test my new sights. With the exception of my competition Glock 34, my Glock 23, 27, and 30SF are all carried, shot often and the triggers are all set up the same. If I like these sights, I will be installing them on my other 2 Glock carry guns.

randyc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:40   #14
DLL9mm

They take some getting-used-to, but after 100 or so rounds, you will love em'.
I HATED mine the first range trip, but after that, I could actually shoot better with the Big Dots than the stock plastic sights. I am planning on ordering another set for my Gen 2 G19 asap.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:28   #15
Edmo01

Installed them on my 2nd Gen G23 without any problems.

You will get the "they suck" crowd on here soon, but I say use what you want and enjoy. I like them on my pistol and they work perfectly for me.

Edmo
Edmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13   #16
GIO

Remember they are not easily removed!
I could not get used to them , just removed the rear.... what a pain.
I am now looking for a better range/target set up.
Good luck.
GIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:01   #17
Deep Nylon
Me flinch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIO View Post
Remember they are not easily removed!
I could not get used to them , just removed the rear.... what a pain.
I am now looking for a better range/target set up.
Good luck.
Just put a set of these Warren Tactial / Sevigny on my G35 and G24c last week. Shot them for the first time last night at an indoor range, and like them, so far. Might be worth a look.
Deep Nylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45   #18
elglocko

Love the XS big dot
elglocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 13:17   #19
Wriggly

Quote:
Thanks, that's the information I was looking for. I reserved a range spot tomorrow, so I can test my new sights. With the exception of my competition Glock 34, my Glock 23, 27, and 30SF are all carried, shot often and the triggers are all set up the same. If I like these sights, I will be installing them on my other 2 Glock carry guns.
I was about to ask you where you go shoot that you can reserve a spot, when all at once I realized you were an LEO. Where do you go? District 2?
Wriggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 15:09   #20
samuse

[QUOTE=ck1;15533231]Let us know how long you go until you start to miss having a rear sight that actually serves a purpose... old eyes or not, big dots are a big gimmick, in no time you'll find that at the same distances the big dots are of any use you could probably hit with a gun that had NO sights.QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I feel about 'em too. I have a set of non-tritium standard dots on my G-26 and they're ok. I am much faster with a notch and post sight set. It is true that front sight aquisition is very fast, but it takes me awhile to get it lined up with the little white bar on the rear sight. I put an Ameriglo .140" wide front tritium with a plain black .180" notch rear and I think this is the best setup I've tried yet. If I had really bad eyes, the Big Dots might be better. I'll report back in a few years when my vision goes....

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote