GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 10:52   #126
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
Dharma is the path of righteousness and living one's life according to the codes of conduct as described by the Hindu scriptures.
CHARMA Help the fluffy little inhabitants of the land of Charma break an evil spell in this original new puzzle challenge. A malicious magician has scorched the home of the Charmies, leaving it a wasteland of fire and lava. Guide these colorful fur balls through forest and desert, swamp and snow on their...

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 16:53   #127
SomeDay
Platinum Membership
Senior Member
 
SomeDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,238
Sharma

Sharma (Sanskrit शर्म, Hindi शर्मा, Assamese: শর্মা) is a name used in the Indian subcontinent, frequently as a Brahmin surname or given name.[1][2][3] As a noun in Sanskrit, Sharma has various positive connotations, such as "bliss", "happiness", "shelter" and "protection."[1]
__________________
“If 5% OF THE DUCKS SHOOT BACK, “NO ONE” WOULD GO DUCK HUNTING”
G19, G26, Mossberg 590
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 20:48   #128
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Sharma

Sharma (Sanskrit शर्म, Hindi शर्मा, Assamese: শর্মা) is a name used in the Indian subcontinent, frequently as a Brahmin surname or given name.[1][2][3] As a noun in Sanskrit, Sharma has various positive connotations, such as "bliss", "happiness", "shelter" and "protection."[1]
Shaima Rezayee (1981 – May 18, 2005)[1] was a female TV presenter on the Afghan music television channel, Tolo TV. Rezayee was a rising star in the post-Taliban ruled Afghanistan, specially very popular among the youth.[1] She was also the first female western-style music presenter to appear on television in Afghanistan's conservative history.
The Lighter Side
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:49   #129
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
Shaima Rezayee (1981 – May 18, 2005)[1] was a female TV presenter on the Afghan music television channel, Tolo TV. Rezayee was a rising star in the post-Taliban ruled Afghanistan, specially very popular among the youth.[1] She was also the first female western-style music presenter to appear on television in Afghanistan's conservative history.
ScubaMax Shaimu Oversize Lens Mask for Scuba Diving and Snorkeling

The Lighter Side
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767

Last edited by SlimlineGlock; 08-29-2010 at 11:50..
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:27   #130
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
ScubaMax Shaimu Oversize Lens Mask for Scuba Diving and Snorkeling

The Lighter Side
SHAEMU Mwape is a village in Central, Zambia. It is 241 miles (389km) north east of Lusaka and 166 miles (267km) west of Chipata.
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 20:53   #131
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
SHAEMU Mwape is a village in Central, Zambia. It is 241 miles (389km) north east of Lusaka and 166 miles (267km) west of Chipata.
Shammu (Tamil:ஷம்மு) (born 1992 in India as Sheerin Sharmilee) is an Indian film actress and model. She has appeared in Tamil films, a such as Kanchivaram, Mayilu and Dasavathaaram.[1]

The Lighter Side
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767

Last edited by SlimlineGlock; 08-29-2010 at 20:56..
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 21:04   #132
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Shammu (Tamil:ஷம்மு) (born 1992 in India as Sheerin Sharmilee) is an Indian film actress and model. She has appeared in Tamil films, a such as Kanchivaram, Mayilu and Dasavathaaram.[1]

The Lighter Side
SHAMMY

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:53   #133
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
SHAMMY


A shimmy is a dance move in which the body is held still, except for the shoulders, which are alternated back and forth. When the right shoulder goes back, the left one comes forward. It may help to hold the arms out slightly bent at the elbow, and when the shoulders are moved, keep the hands in the same position. In 1917, a dance-song titled "Shim-Me-Sha-Wobble" by Spencer Williams was published, as was "The Jazz Dance, which included the "Shimmy-She", among others. Flappers often performed the dance in the 1920s. The origin of the name is often attributed to Gilda Gray, a Polish emigrant to America. An anecdote says that when she was asked about her dancing style, she answered, in heavy accent, "I'm shaking my chemise". However, in an interview Gilda denied having said this, and earlier usages of the word are recorded. In the late 1910s others were also attributed as being the "inventor" of the shimmy, including Bee Palmer. Mae West, in her autobiography Goodness Had Nothing to Do with It, claimed to have retitled the "Shimmy-Shawobble" as the Shimmy herself, after seeing the moves in some black nightclubs.

The Lighter Side
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:30   #134
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
A shimmy is a dance move in which the body is held still, except for the shoulders, which are alternated back and forth. When the right shoulder goes back, the left one comes forward. It may help to hold the arms out slightly bent at the elbow, and when the shoulders are moved, keep the hands in the same position. In 1917, a dance-song titled "Shim-Me-Sha-Wobble" by Spencer Williams was published, as was "The Jazz Dance, which included the "Shimmy-She", among others. Flappers often performed the dance in the 1920s. The origin of the name is often attributed to Gilda Gray, a Polish emigrant to America. An anecdote says that when she was asked about her dancing style, she answered, in heavy accent, "I'm shaking my chemise". However, in an interview Gilda denied having said this, and earlier usages of the word are recorded. In the late 1910s others were also attributed as being the "inventor" of the shimmy, including Bee Palmer. Mae West, in her autobiography Goodness Had Nothing to Do with It, claimed to have retitled the "Shimmy-Shawobble" as the Shimmy herself, after seeing the moves in some black nightclubs.
Slimmy, born Paulo Fernandes, is a Portuguese rock singer who combines various genres of rock, especially electro rock. He has an irreverent visual style and an addictive musical style. Slimmy has achieved mainstream success after an appearance on the Portuguese soap opera Morangos com Açúcar. He has also appeared in one episode of CSI. His song 'Self Control' featured in a TV show on Sky Sports.


The Lighter Side
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24   #135
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
Slimmy, born Paulo Fernandes, is a Portuguese rock singer who combines various genres of rock, especially electro rock. He has an irreverent visual style and an addictive musical style. Slimmy has achieved mainstream success after an appearance on the Portuguese soap opera Morangos com Açúcar. He has also appeared in one episode of CSI. His song 'Self Control' featured in a TV show on Sky Sports.


The Lighter Side
SLIMEY the Worm (also simply known as Slimey) is a light and dark orange striped worm that is the pet and friend of Oscar the Grouch on Jim Henson's Muppet show Sesame Street. Introduced in Season 13 (1981-1982), he is played by Martin P. Robinson and is the smallest of all characters on Sesame Street, being only 7 cm (2¾in) His small size does not affect his attitude of being one not to wince at the sight of extreme activities. As Lou Berger, head writer for Sesame Street, put it, "Slimey shows viewers that even the smallest creature can be the most heroic, and that's an important thing for kids to see." Slimey has done many extreme things, including winning a gold medal in the Worm Olympics, parachuted from a plane, been shot out of a cannon whilst kissing girlfriend Glo and become the first worm in space. At first Slimey and his family did not talk, communicating by squeaking and wriggling, Slimey would be held up to Oscar's ear to talk to him. He and his family now, however, have digitally enhanced squeaky voices. Slimey's voice is provided by Dick Maitland. His birthday is on February 18.

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08   #136
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
SLIMEY the Worm (also simply known as Slimey) is a light and dark orange striped worm that is the pet and friend of Oscar the Grouch on Jim Henson's Muppet show Sesame Street. Introduced in Season 13 (1981-1982), he is played by Martin P. Robinson and is the smallest of all characters on Sesame Street, being only 7 cm (2¾in) His small size does not affect his attitude of being one not to wince at the sight of extreme activities. As Lou Berger, head writer for Sesame Street, put it, "Slimey shows viewers that even the smallest creature can be the most heroic, and that's an important thing for kids to see." Slimey has done many extreme things, including winning a gold medal in the Worm Olympics, parachuted from a plane, been shot out of a cannon whilst kissing girlfriend Glo and become the first worm in space. At first Slimey and his family did not talk, communicating by squeaking and wriggling, Slimey would be held up to Oscar's ear to talk to him. He and his family now, however, have digitally enhanced squeaky voices. Slimey's voice is provided by Dick Maitland. His birthday is on February 18.
SLIMED
The Lighter Side
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 15:10   #137
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
SLIMED
SLIMES...

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 16:13   #138
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
SLIMES...
The seven climes (from Greek κλίμα, klima, plural klimata, meaning "inclination", referring to the angle between the axis of the celestial sphere and the horizon) was a notion of dividing the Earth into zones in Classical Antiquity. The lists of klimata found in early geographers vary in their extension, but by convention, they numbered seven, counted from south to north. This number was taken up by Ptolemy who in his Geography divided the northern temperate zone into seven zones (klimata).
Aristotle, on the other hand, divided the Earth into five zones, assuming two frigid climes (the arctic and antarctic) around the poles, an uninhabitable torrid clime near the equator, and two temperate climes between the frigid and the torrid ones (Meteorology 2.5,362a32).

The Lighter Side
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 16:35   #139
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlineglock View Post
the seven climes (from greek κλίμα, klima, plural klimata, meaning "inclination", referring to the angle between the axis of the celestial sphere and the horizon) was a notion of dividing the earth into zones in classical antiquity. The lists of klimata found in early geographers vary in their extension, but by convention, they numbered seven, counted from south to north. This number was taken up by ptolemy who in his geography divided the northern temperate zone into seven zones (klimata).
Aristotle, on the other hand, divided the earth into five zones, assuming two frigid climes (the arctic and antarctic) around the poles, an uninhabitable torrid clime near the equator, and two temperate climes between the frigid and the torrid ones (meteorology 2.5,362a32).

The Lighter Side
<TABLE class=includes border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Two Clomes
Quintrell Downs
Newquay
TR8 4PD
Tel: 01637 871163
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 16:47   #140
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mmmofo View Post
<TABLE class=includes border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Two Clomes
Quintrell Downs
Newquay
TR8 4PD
Tel: 01637 871163
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 16:51   #141
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,457
I had to edit. I first used crimes, but it was already used... Dammit!
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 18:13   #142
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Crones and Associates Land Surveying Inc.
James D. Crones PLS (President)

The Lighter Side
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 19:31   #143
pupcuss27
CLM Number 119
Charter Lifetime Member
 
pupcuss27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: INDY, USA
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimlineGlock View Post
Crones and Associates Land Surveying Inc.
James D. Crones PLS (President)

The Lighter Side
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle

The Lighter Side

Drones
__________________
If you shoot any creature on earth in the face, it will tend to leave you alone.
pupcuss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30   #144
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcuss27 View Post
DRONED past participle, past tense of drone
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27   #145
AV1911
Cali Girl
 
AV1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. California
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
DRONED past participle, past tense of drone
IRONED

The Lighter Side
__________________
BELIEVE IT WILL BE DONE
AV1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:54   #146
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1911 View Post
IRONED

The Lighter Side
ironer (ī′ər nər)

noun

one that irons; esp., a mangle
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:34   #147
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
ironer (ī′ər nər)

noun

one that irons; esp., a mangle
I hit the button twice. Sorry. Don't know how to delete this entry!!
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767

Last edited by SlimlineGlock; 09-02-2010 at 16:37..
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 16:35   #148
SlimlineGlock
Senior Member
 
SlimlineGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N40.32° W075.32°
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20703 View Post
ironer (ī′ər nər)

noun

one that irons; esp., a mangle
Ted Croner is best known for his haunting night images of New York taken in the 40s and 50s. He was one of several important photographers who belonged to the New York School.[2] Born in Baltimore in 1922 and raised in North Carolina, Croner developed an interest in photography while still in high school. He honed his skills while serving as an aerial photographer in World War II before settling in New York City in 1947. At the urging of fashion photographer Fernand Fonssagrives, he enrolled in Alexey Brodovitch’s class at the New School where he studied with such notable photographers as Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon and Lisette Model. It was during this period that he produced many of his most memorable images including the iconic “Taxi, New York Night, 1947–48” which appears on the cover of Bob Dylan’s 2006 album, Modern Times. Another one of Croner's photographs appears on the cover of "Penthouse", the second album from the NYC band Luna.

The Lighter Side
__________________
Armored Pest Control
Big Dawg #1275
Flight Deck #767
SlimlineGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 17:18   #149
glockoneninerx1
Member
 
glockoneninerx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: the right side of my mind
Posts: 63
Corner............ as in turn the corner.
glockoneninerx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 19:53   #150
dan20703
Ammo Junkie
 
dan20703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockoneninerx1 View Post
Corner............ as in turn the corner.
Welcome to the game. You can only change one letter though. You changed the position of two letters.

Back to CRONER
__________________
"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"The gun is not the answer to all of your personal protection problems, but when you need a gun, you really need a gun."

Dan
dan20703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,147
347 Members
800 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42