Old 07-22-2010, 19:37   #1
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Silencerco Osprey 9mm review

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQiqqpPhlmA
Part1 continued
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAAIAhSrpHc

Part2 will be filmed this saturday at a local shooting range. Stay tuned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Facebook Fanpage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Email me for prices on Firearms/Suppressors

Fireman1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:37   #2
DARKSHADOW
CLM Number 205
My Work Hobby

Will we be getting a comparison with any other suppressor's?
NRA Life Member
Thin to win - G36 Club #44
Florida Glockers - #254
DARKSHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 15:19   #3
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Osprey 9mm video review part2 (Shooting range)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc_Wggz2qw

Notes:
1. Sorry about the other shooters, it was extremely busy today. I'll do another video in the future on my uncles land. This however shows a comparision with unsuppressed and suppressed shooting.

2. The Osprey stayed tighter on the USP9SD and I found it would loosen on the glock with LWD threaded barrel. Maybe I was being too delicate with the tightening of the can.

3. Using 10cc's water will give some blowback, I used 5cc's and obtained the same suppression with no blowback.

4. The 158grn had a deeper tone, but I think the 147grn sounded better.

5. Its hard as hell to review a can when people come up to you every 5 seconds wondering what the hell it is. lol

6. This thing is the FIRE, I love it.

Facebook Fanpage:

Last edited by Fireman1291; 07-24-2010 at 15:28..
Old 07-25-2010, 07:39   #4
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Had some fun later that day on the 200meter line. Brought a buddy who had never shot a rifle, and him hitting steel at 200 in 5 shots. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n58uVVWf_78

Facebook Fanpage:

Last edited by Fireman1291; 07-25-2010 at 07:40..
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19   #5
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Wow!

Ok, just got an email from Josh@Silencerco.....He saw my review and the post about the Osprey coming loose on the LWD glock barrel. So he checked the threads on their Osprey pistons and they all measured at Class3a thread. The LWD barrels they had, did not. So they are working with LWD to get the threading tightened up on future barrels....Its proactive stuff like this that bring companies like Silencerco to the top.

Just felt you all should know this, Josh didnt ask me to post this but I couldnt keep this info to myself. -Adam

Facebook Fanpage:

Old 07-28-2010, 13:30   #6
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Osprey in backyard setting with many sound reflecting surfaces.

S&W M&P9spec ops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01loY4NYvKw

Glock19(airsoft,lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xy2C-JA4nc

Facebook Fanpage:

Old 07-31-2010, 09:09   #7
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSHADOW View Post
Will we be getting a comparison with any other suppressor's?
Next time I go Ill try and do a comparison between a whole bunch. We should get urs in on it to. Maybe go do a shoot at woming antelope club.

Facebook Fanpage:

Old 08-15-2010, 16:28   #8
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Indoors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8RFsqyD8Q

New VS OLD

Osprey Vs DTA MK9 MOD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDtndmtBBU

Facebook Fanpage:

Last edited by Fireman1291; 08-15-2010 at 16:29..
Old 10-07-2010, 16:04   #9
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Anyone else buy a 9mm Osprey or TiRant yet? What are your thoughts?

I just bought a TiRant9 as I wanted to own the two best 9mil cans currently made but I havent seen the two go head to head in person yet. Anyone?

Facebook Fanpage: