Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-22-2010, 20:33   #1
Wash-ar15

Targets:who provides them

Been shooting at an indoor IDPA. Last week there was a request from the organizer for donations to buy targets. not sure why,but I assume the range does not provide them,even though the organizer works for the range.

so is it common for range not to provide the target?
Wash-ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 20:43   #2
DustyDawg48

You'd figure that target acquisition/replacement money would be taken from the IDPA entry fee. How much do they charge per match?
Glock 21 Club member #1109
NRA Life Member
IDPA Member
WSSC of Indiana Member
DustyDawg48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 20:44   #3
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Most IDPA shooting leagues are just hosted at a range. the league organizers generally supply the targets, props etc. Unless the range itself organized the league itself, which in that case they would absorb the target costs in the fees they charge.
What range are you shooting indoor IDPA? Can you send me some info on the schedule via PM please?
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 20:57   #4
Wash-ar15

Cost is 12 bucks plus tax. time is 6 pm to 8 pm.

I, personally would not mind paying a couple of buck more per week if the range would provide the targets.
Old 07-22-2010, 21:39   #5
Jim Watson

At our indoor IDPA, $10 covers range rental, targets, and pasters.
Old 07-22-2010, 21:50   #6
TACC GLOCK
SEMPER FIDELIS

Outdoor IDPA runs $20, with that you get targets, props, rehydration, non alcoholic beverages, 4 or 5 stages.
Old 07-22-2010, 22:02   #7
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

For our weekly club matches....

Our range fee is $8.50 plus $1 for the club (targets, pasters, etc)
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34   #8
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash-ar15 View Post
Cost is 12 bucks plus tax. time is 6 pm to 8 pm.

I, personally would not mind paying a couple of buck more per week if the range would provide the targets.
If you are shooting at an indoor range the $12 may be the amount the range owner charges for your IDPA match to rent the range.

There may be three groups involved in the match.
1) Range Owner
2) Match Organizer
3) Shooters

#2 is asking for some extra help from #3 to keep having the matches. If I was #2 I would build it into the cost to #3 to shoot the match.

Our matches are run at a private outdoor gun club. Costs are $10 for Members of the Club and $15 for Non Members. If you help setup the match you shoot for free. The cost covers the consumables and contribute to the general fund for the action area of the range. Eventually you have to repair steel, replace timers, replace target stands, etc.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:50   #9
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Our matches are run at a private outdoor gun club. Costs are $10 for Members of the Club and $15 for Non Members. If you help setup the match you shoot for free. The cost covers the consumables and contribute to the general fund for the action area of the range. Eventually you have to repair steel, replace timers, replace target stands, etc.
My IDPA organization works exactly like this too.

AS the gun club has a membership waiting list, I have to pay $15 each time I shoot. If you're paying less than that each time... maybe you wouldn't mind making a donation?

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 14:13   #10
DustyDawg48

Ours works similar to Ron and Jon's clubs but no discount for range members. IDPA is a separate entity from the range. Cost is $15 per match, $20 to shoot 2 guns with usually 6 to 8 courses of fire.
Glock 21 Club member #1109
NRA Life Member
IDPA Member
WSSC of Indiana Member
DustyDawg48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 14:19   #11
Wash-ar15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDawg48 View Post
Ours works similar to Ron and Jon's clubs but no discount for range members. IDPA is a separate entity from the range. Cost is $15 per match, $20 to shoot 2 guns with usually 6 to 8 courses of fire.
As i have stated,I don't mind paying more to compensate for targets. Instead of asking for donations,which some will not give unless forced to ,why not just charge more to pay for targets? It more professional this way.
Old 07-23-2010, 15:09   #12
dsmw5142
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash-ar15 View Post
As i have stated,I don't mind paying more to compensate for targets. Instead of asking for donations,which some will not give unless forced to ,why not just charge more to pay for targets? It more professional this way.
It sounds like a pretty piss poor way to run it. They should just tack on $3-5 per shooter and be done with it. Our club is $10. per member, $14 or 15 (can't remember for sure) for non member and the guy that owns the range shoots free.

It would greatly simplify things and that way the slackers wouldn't shoot on the dime of those who 'donated' just to see the matches continue. Talk to the match director and see what he thinks. A couple people may piss and moan at first, but most will be cool if it's done professionally. For instance, "Beginning Nov. 20th, match fees will be increasing from x to y due to increased demand on our supplies, increased prices of supplies...." or whatever.

Ya know, like James Earl Jones said, "it's money these people have, but peace they lack". Most won't give a crap about $3. to keep their match going, trust me.

Rudy Project USA IDPA squad
dsmw5142 is offline   Reply With Quote