SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2010, 21:31   #1
GlennP

9mm bullseye load with 124 JHP

Hello,
Just started reloading for my stock G19 tonight with montana gold 124grn JHPs.

I fired both 4.0 and 4.3 grains of bullseye with no noticable difference but im a terrible shot even off a rest.

I know every gun is different, but anyone load bullseye with 124 grain JHPs? I loaded to 1.075" (XTPs are reccomended 1.06, but I tried a lil longer for safety and they functioned 100%)

Share 'yer bullseye loads!
Thanks!
GlennP
GlennP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:20   #2
TrooperBrian

Send a message via AIM to TrooperBrian Send a message via MSN to TrooperBrian
I used to use Bullseye with 115s, switched to Titegroup.
Black Rifle Club #419
TrooperBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43   #3
srd

I have not used Bullseye in years due to how dirty it is. A lot of other people feel the same way about it. My powder choice is Solo 1000 for jacketed bullets.You will find its cleaner burning and not as snappy in recoil . I am quite sure other people will chime in on their choices of powder also. As far as your accuracy capabilities ? Its called practice, practice and more practice. It also helps when you find an accurate load for the gun you have. That includes powder choice, bullet weight and OAL.
srd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:17   #4
MrVvrroomm

I bought a case of Montana Gold 124gr JHP's (3750 of them). I'm almost to the bottom of the box. The majority of them have been loaded with 4.1 grains of Bullseye with an OAL of 1.120"

This has been a very accurate and consistent load for me. I've used it without a glitch in any of my 9mm pistols. I've sent them through my 26, 19, 17 and 34, my wife's XD9, my Steyr M9-A1, Astra A75, KelTech PF9.

It's my main competition round for USPSA and GSSF.

On a somewhat unrelated note: I'm really diggin' this bullet for .357sig too.

Certified Glock Armorer

Last edited by MrVvrroomm; 05-10-2010 at 08:42..
MrVvrroomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 00:26   #5
TrooperBrian

Send a message via AIM to TrooperBrian Send a message via MSN to TrooperBrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by srd View Post
I have not used Bullseye in years due to how dirty it is. A lot of other people feel the same way about it. My powder choice is Solo 1000 for jacketed bullets.You will find its cleaner burning and not as snappy in recoil . I am quite sure other people will chime in on their choices of powder also. As far as your accuracy capabilities ? Its called practice, practice and more practice. It also helps when you find an accurate load for the gun you have. That includes powder choice, bullet weight and OAL.
That too! Unfortunately I have 5lbs of it to burn up. Maybe after I'm out of Titegroup.
Black Rifle Club #419
TrooperBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 15:04   #6
FLSlim

For the 124 (XTP and Berry's plated), I've used BE, Unique, and #5 (most recently, anyhow). I like #5, but BE has shown decent accuracy loaded at a touch over 4 gr. I run OAL at 1.11. As always, start low and work up!
FLSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23   #7
FM12
I need AMMO!

No experience with the 124 gr but I've loaded and shot a blue million of 115 JHP and FMJ using 5.0 of Bullseye. Its a stout load, a little over max recommended, so start low and work up carefully. FM12
Old 05-30-2010, 21:00   #8
twobyfour

I've loaded around 2000 of the 124 gr JHP with 5.0 gr of Bullseye. THIS IS A HOT LOAD. Worked great in all of my 9mm guns, I got no pressure signs. Then I tried 4.4 gr and I got the same results. So I loaded the next 2000 rounds with that. I'd stick with 4.3 gr myself, less wear and tear on your gun.

-dave
twobyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 13:17   #9
TonyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennP View Post
Hello,
Just started reloading for my stock G19 tonight with montana gold 124grn JHPs.

I fired both 4.0 and 4.3 grains of bullseye with no noticable difference but im a terrible shot even off a rest.

I know every gun is different, but anyone load bullseye with 124 grain JHPs? I loaded to 1.075" (XTPs are reccomended 1.06, but I tried a lil longer for safety and they functioned 100%)

Share 'yer bullseye loads!
Thanks!
GlennP
I have used 4.3 gr. Bullseye with 124 gr. Montana Gold JHP's at ca 1090 fps - a nice soft shooting and accurate load.
TonyT is offline   Reply With Quote