Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:56   #1
z4lunch

Latest gun show find 26 Gen 2.5

Steve here...
Picked this one up this morning at a local show. Middle 90's 26 Gen 2.5 in the factory box all numbers matching with paperwork 7 mags, two loaders one is a smooth early and cleaning kit .
Glock Collector's Club

Last edited by z4lunch; 05-20-2015 at 17:48..
z4lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 14:01   #2
Porkchop8u

Hey Steve,
nice g26. with all those extra mags you got a good deal congrats. One question though, it's my understanding that the gen 2.5 has finger grooves but no light rail. However the g26 never had a light rail in any generation so how do you know it's a gen 2.5? does it say it on the box or something? Enjoy your new pistol
Porkchop8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 15:06   #3
z4lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop8u View Post
Hey Steve,
nice g26. with all those extra mags you got a good deal congrats. One question though, it's my understanding that the gen 2.5 has finger grooves but no light rail. However the g26 never had a light rail in any generation so how do you know it's a gen 2.5? does it say it on the box or something? Enjoy your new pistol
Thank you!!
Finger grooves but no checkering in the grooves is called a 2.5. Smooth extractor, no loaded round indicator. Other than that I believe they are the same as the gen 3.

Last edited by z4lunch; 05-20-2015 at 17:48..
Old 04-25-2015, 20:15   #4
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership

How rare are the 26es with the smooth finger grooves (no checkering in-between)? I have one (it's my first and only G26), which I bought new, and if it's rare, I'll put it up and buy a current one to carry...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:31   #5
z4lunch

rare

Rare, I don't think they are... I like the slide finish on the older pistols.
I was lucky enough to find mine at a gun show with all the accessories and the #'s matching box.
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
How rare are the 26es with the smooth finger grooves (no checkering in-between)? I have one (it's my first and only G26), which I bought new, and if it's rare, I'll put it up and buy a current one to carry...
Old 04-26-2015, 07:01   #6
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4lunch View Post
Rare, I don't think they are... I like the slide finish on the older pistols.
I was lucky enough to find mine at a gun show with all the accessories and the #'s matching box.
Steve
Well, the reason I asked was because I posted a pic of mine several years ago, and someone mentioned the smooth finger grooves in a context of exclusivity. Now that could imply rarity, or it could have just been acknowledging an early variation. I guess I should look on the Serial number database thread...

Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:48   #7
cadillacguns

[IMG]Glock Collector's Club[/IMG]

My 2.5 gen G-27 EDC

The Glock (+) bottom part 7151 and insert were made for each other.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 17:53   #8
z4lunch

Gen 2.5 26

Here is a pic of the grip with the smooth grooves and a vintage period smooth Pierce extension
Steve
Glock Collector's Club