SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-22-2012, 15:27   #601
EmbryRiddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
I have already documented in this thread Jefferson Davis proclamation Jan 5, 1863 stating that as of Feb 22, 1863 ALL FREE blacks within the confines of the confederacy would hold the status of slaves. Them and their posterity forever.

No due process, just strip people of their liberty and freedom at whim.
Natty is worried about the women and children, not people the confederacy considered less than human....
EmbryRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 15:31   #602
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Confederate comments on the internal passport system:

"...I wish to go home, but before I can be permitted to do so I must get some one who can identify me to go along with me to the Provost Marshal's Office to enable me to get a pass. At the Provost's I shall be met at the door by a soldier with a bayonet. After getting the pass, I shall be again met at the cars by other armed men, and be obliged to obtain other passes and undergo other examinations." Senator John Lewis, GA.

"a free citizen was not allowed to go from Richmond to North Carolina without going to the Provost Marshal's office and getting a pass like a free negro." Senator Williamson Oldham, TX.

And a visitor's view:
"A sentry stands at the door of each railway car, who examines the papers of every passenger with great strictness, and even after that inspection the same ceremony is performed by an officer of the provost-marshal's department, who accompanies every train." LTC Arthur Fremantle, British attache, in his diary.

What was the CSA's constitutional authority to encumber their people with such a system of restrictions? It seems that the chains of slavery steadily encroached into the white man's world as well.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Last edited by Sam Spade; 03-22-2012 at 15:37..
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 15:48   #603
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
What was the CSA's constitutional authority to encumber their people with such a system of restrictions? It seems that the chains of slavery steadily encroached into the white man's world as well.
Which is what really fueled anti-slavery sentiment in the north. The belated realization that absolute despotism over blacks led to despotism over whites as well.
Old 03-22-2012, 18:10   #604
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

August 1861 Confederate Congress .

The Alien Enemies Act
provided power for the government to arrest any person living in the Confederacy who did not acknowledge himself as a citizen of the Confederate States of America. This measure enabled the Confederacy to deal with secession opponents and Unionists by forcing them either to leave the country or to acknowledge their loyalty.

the Sequestration Act,

which allowed the government to confiscate any property belonging to non-Confederate citizens.

1861-1862

the Habeas Corpus Commissioners,

a position created by the president in August 1861 and approved by the Confederate Congress in 1862. The commissioner and his associates exercised the powers of a court and could also arrest any Confederate citizen and question his or her loyalty. However, the subject under arrest was not entitled to a lawyer, a jury, or any of the legal protections allowed to a defendant in court. The government designated its opponents as political prisoners and dispatched them to prisons in Richmond or Salisbury. Often the only way to escape prison was to join the Confederate army, an operation that effectively turned the Habeas Corpus Commission into an additional conscription service.

Last edited by Dragoon44; 03-22-2012 at 18:10..
Dragoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:22   #605
Natty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbryRiddle View Post
Natty is worried about the women and children, not people the confederacy considered less than human....
It was US law that made people less than human...

Blame this on the Confederacy if it makes you feel better

You cant fix stupid.
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28   #606
Natty

Quote:
Lincoln was a racist so what?
Well at least you admit it.

History paints Lincoln as the great emancipator.

Many blacks feel that Lincoln is the American hero to blacks.

But you cant fix stupid.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:33   #607
Natty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeeps View Post
Good Gawd!!!! Are we still fighting the freakin Civil War. What next? Reparations???
Reparations have already been paid in Trillions of dollars. And look what you got.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:37   #608
Natty

The Union army did the moral and righteous thing. They waged a war to free the blacks.

Then they immediately turned West and waged a war to exterminate the Indians.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:40   #609
Natty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbryRiddle View Post
interesting, but yet you are ok with slavery....
Why would you say that I am OK with slavery. Thats an outright blatant lie. I never said that.

It was the United States, and the US Supreme Court that was OK with slavery.

You cant fix stupid.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:54   #610
Natty

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

....Abraham Lincoln.

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
Old 03-24-2012, 06:58   #611
Natty

^^Maybe this weekend when Spade and Dragoon are at the Lincoln Memorial shining Lincolns shoes, they can let us all know if this Lincoln quote is posted there.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:26   #612
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
It was US law that made people less than human...
Nope, U.S. ( as in federal law, the constitution) did not make or authorize Slavery. Slavery was a State issue under State law not federal.

On the other hand Confederate law, their constitution did not only authorize slavery but gave it federal protection against any actions by confederate states. And it was Confederate law that stripped free blacks of their freedom and re enslaved them.

Quote:
You cant fix stupid.
Yes we have had ample evidence of that in this and other threads.

Quote:
Well at least you admit it.

History paints Lincoln as the great emancipator.
Lincoln himself admitted it. And he Did issue the emancipation proclamation What do his personal views have to do with it?

Quote:
The Union army did the moral and righteous thing. They waged a war to free the blacks.

Then they immediately turned West and waged a war to exterminate the Indians.
Uh huh, and after the South had been so kind to the Indians, what was it they called the forced removal of Indians from Georgia? After Georgia ignored the supreme court ruling in favor of the Indians, The trail of joy? was that it?

Georgia got away with it because the SOUTHERN slave holding president refused to enforce the Supreme Courts ruling.Commenting, "Well he made his ruling, now lets see him enforce it."

Quote:
“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

....Abraham Lincoln.

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
Here is another Lincoln Quote fromt he Debates.

"Mr Douglas seems to think that if I do not want a black woman for a slave, I must then want her for a wife."
Old 03-24-2012, 07:33   #613
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
^^Maybe this weekend when Spade and Dragoon are at the Lincoln Memorial shining Lincolns shoes, they can let us all know if this Lincoln quote is posted there.
Do any of the Memorials to Jefferson Davis contain the Quote,

Quote:
On and after February 22, 1863, all free negroes within the limits of the Southern Confederacy shall be placed on the slave status, and be deemed to be chattels, they and their issue forever.

It ought not to be considered polemically or politically improper in me to vindicate the position which has been, at an early day of this Southern republic assumed by the Confederacy, namely, that slavery is the corner-stone of a Western Republic.
BTW Natty Selma Alabama wants it's life sized bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest back.

Last edited by Dragoon44; 03-24-2012 at 07:52..
Old 03-24-2012, 07:49   #614
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Sam, I can't remember, is it my weekend to polish lincolns shoes or yours?

Last edited by Dragoon44; 03-24-2012 at 12:14..
Old 03-24-2012, 09:02   #615
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Sam, I can't remember, is it my weekend to polich lincolns shoes or yours?

He's nothing if not predictable.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 03-24-2012, 12:39   #616
Natty

Hey and while you two are at the Lincoln memorial, don't forget to climb up the throne they have him on and remove the rope from around Lincoln's neck that someone left.

Old 03-24-2012, 15:13   #617
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Second verse, same as the first,
Could've got better but it's gonna get worse.....
Old 03-24-2012, 17:10   #618
clancy

I am beginning to think that Natty is just looking for attention.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 18:25   #619
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Natty is like the Energizer bunny...he just keeps going....and going....and.....
Old 03-25-2012, 15:25   #620
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Natty is like the Energizer bunny...he just keeps going....and going....and.....
More like the Bunny's drum. Keeps getting beaten...and beaten.....
Old 03-26-2012, 11:59   #621
Natty

Well lets see what we have here so far.

The Union/Northern states have to have something to be proud of to justify the deaths of 300,000 Union soldiers that got suckered into fighting Lincoln's War.

So the Union was fighting to "free the slaves" despite the fact that they still had slaves.

The Union was fighting against the independence and freedom of the South, despite the fact that our country always fights for freedom and independence of other countries.

The Union was fighting to stop the South from leaving the Union because their Government loved the South's money so much they would send hundreds of thousands of suckers to fight and die to keep the South from leaving.

They totally forgot that our nation was born of secession against England's rule and it was perfectly legal for states to secede at that time.

And the Union was fighting for gay marriage.

Last edited by Natty; 03-26-2012 at 12:00..
Old 03-26-2012, 15:16   #622
RichardB
Silver Membership

It was not "legal" to secede from the England, you notice both sides fought a war to see which side would prevail. Had it been legal King George would have agreed to the disunion.

The only "freedom" that the confederacy wanted was to keep other people as slaves (as written up by the confederate states in their secession documents and speeches).

Has it been posted in this missive how many slaves or % of population the union states had at the outbreak of the war?

All armies have had gay warriors, previously they just lied about it.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 16:39   #623
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
The Union/Northern states have to have something to be proud of to justify the deaths of 300,000 Union soldiers that got suckered into fighting Lincoln's War.
Funny how in the 1864 election Lincoln received 78% of the union soldiers vote. They apparently had different views than yours.

Quote:
So the Union was fighting to "free the slaves" despite the fact that they still had slaves.
Maybe they were just fighting to take them away from your ancestors. And they did.

Quote:
The Union was fighting against the independence and freedom of the South, despite the fact that our country always fights for freedom and independence of other countries.
They won freedom and independence for 4 Milllion southerners.

Quote:
The Union was fighting to stop the South from leaving the Union because their Government loved the South's money so much they would send hundreds of thousands of suckers to fight and die to keep the South from leaving.
You just kinds forgot the part where the seceding states committed acts of war against the Union.

Quote:
They totally forgot that our nation was born of secession against England's rule and it was perfectly legal for states to secede at that time.
The revolutionary war was not secession it was revolution. The colonies had no part of the Government of England. Remember that whole "Taxation without representation" thing?

Quote:
And the Union was fighting for gay marriage.
I'm sorry what is it you are saying here? That a lot of southern males were shacking up in gay relationships and the North went to war to make them get married?
Old 03-26-2012, 16:50   #624
clancy

[QUOTE=Dragoon44;18761427

I'm sorry what is it you are saying here? That a lot of southern males were shacking up in gay relationships and the North went to war to make them get married?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Natty has commitment issues.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 18:25   #625
Natty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post

The only "freedom" that the confederacy wanted was to keep other people as slaves (as written up by the confederate states in their secession documents and speeches).
So tell us all... what was the US position on slavery when the war started in 1861.

Tags
slavery caused civil war