SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2010, 23:30   #1
BTGuideRods
GT Sponsor

Introducing BT Guide Rods

BT Guide Rods would like to thank Glocktalk for offering these vendor forums as a way of connecting manufacturers with customers and looks forward to participating in the forum.

BT has been around for many years, quietly making exceptionally high quality guide rods for the Steyr pistol. Many of those satisfied customers requested a rod designed for their Glock pistols.

This led to the Sta-Tite Series. It was the result of a clean sheet design approach, abandoning all preconceptions. A design approach that resolved the issues we identified in existing products. The Sta-Tite series is a two-piece design that stays tight without loc-tite, first time / everytime. Looking good was no accident. Form follows function.

The Sta-Tite guide rod has proven itself 100% dependable. 100% Reliable.

Here's a sample of recent customer comments:

"Been meaning to write back, the guide rod was perfect. The dimensions and color matched the original rod very well, much better than the rod I bought from _________________. I took the gun shooting and I managed much better groups than ever before. Very happy with the product."

"Really top notch parts!!!
Soon I'll order the other 'goodies' from you!"

"I am very happy with these beautiful guide rods that are the best available. Just got done assembling and trying them out. They are rather expensive, but worth it. As a machinist myself, I congratulate you on having thought of such a well designed gun accessory. I expect I'll be buying more of these in the future."

"The toolkit works great! I watched the video on your website and it was super easy to use. I like the idea of having a stainless guide rod."

I often hear, "I keep my Glock stock, except for the BT guide rod."

Currently, Sta-Tite rods are available for the Glock large and medium frame pistols. Details on the site.

The compacts are in development and will be available soon. Check back for details.

In addition, BT will be offering non-captured guide rods in the same 17-4 PH stainless steel.

You can see a review of a 17L, non-captured rod, here.

BT looks forward to bringing you the finest products available, made right here in the USA. Give a call, send an email or post right here to reach us.
BTGuideRods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 23:21   #2
xdtim

G-23 - Best Rod and Spring Combo ?

I am pretty new to Glock's but so far, really like what I see. Anyway, I am a big fan of (solid - non captive) stainless or tungsten guide rods. Did this to all of my XD's with great results.

So myquestion is wheat is the stock spring tension on the G23 ? I found that
on the Springfields, going to a slightly heavier spring lowered the felt recoil dramatically, and kept me closer to target for the second tap.

Thoughts??

Tim
xdtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51   #3
BTGuideRods
GT Sponsor

Hey Tim,

Thanks for being the first to post in my forum.

I've followed the Don's guide rod happenings and I was somewhat surprised that so many XD owners went with and preferred a heavier spring.

It's much more commonplace in Glocking to go to a lighter spring.

The recoil force "is what it is". Varying the spring force only dissipates the energy over different lengths of time. Hence, "perceived" recoil.

Using a heavier spring, the slide will take longer to cycle. Usually this is happening while the muzzle is heading for the sky. The sights come off target and many people feel it's tough to recover.

Using a lighter spring will allow the slide to cycle more quickly. The slide stays flat and the sights stay on target.

To draw an analogy, the heavy spring will push while the light spring will punch. The actual force stays the same.

As to the title of your post, Glock gave us a captive guide rod and there's no reason to give up the convenience. Using a Sta-Tite rod and the toolkit, you can have all the convenience of a captive rod AND enjoy quick and easy spring changes. The rod will not cause any grief, the screw won't fall out and unlike a non-captive rod, no chance of launching any parts into your valuables.

Using ISMI springs lets you pick from a selection of spring weights to start tuning your pistol to your load, type of shooting or recoil preference. Which is handy when you've got a handload you really like.

If you buy ammo in a box, the stock 18 lb. spring will always be the safe, reliable bet.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:22   #4
Confedneck

Just wondering, looks like a great product, and the price is far from overkill, but when can we expect one for a G30?
JCH .22
Rohm .38 just in case
Confedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59   #5
BTGuideRods
GT Sponsor

Done and Done.

Here's the link to the website for information.

http://btguiderods.com/category/glock/g29-30-36/
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46   #6
Thunderbolt56

Glad I just saw this. I am ordering a replacement guide rod/spring assembly for my G27. It's my carry gun, but also gets a good pounding at the local practical range and I not only want, but NEED, the absolute best parts/accessories and these appear to be exactly what I'm after.

Will place an order this week. What is the lead time from order placement to receipt of goods? I'm in Florida.

My local range
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thunderbolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:58   #7
BTGuideRods
GT Sponsor

Three days to Florida via USPS.
Old 06-27-2010, 14:49   #8
Thunderbolt56

Thanks.

Having trouble accessing the site this afternoon (Sunday).

My local range
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thunderbolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 14:45   #9
JCROWNII

Hello,

I am inquiring about a BT guide rod for my Glock 27 and Glock 22. I am not interested in changing spring weight or any of that I just want the NORMAL STOCK GLOCK SPRING on the BT guide rod.

I have my stock guide rod/spring on my G27 right now, if I buy a BT Guide rod for the G27, what do I do? Does it come with a GLOCK G27 STOCK spring? or would I have to get my spring that is in my G27 and put it on the BT guide rod?
Glock 22 .40 S&W, Glock 27 .40 S&W, BCM 14.5" Mid-Length AR15, Nighthawk Custom Remington 870
JCROWNII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34   #10
BTGuideRods
GT Sponsor

BT stocks factory springs in order to ship guide rods ready to drop in. This allows you to keep your original recoil assembly intact.

You can keep it around as a back up, but you won't need it for anything until the springs on your BT rod are worn.
Old 09-05-2010, 16:37   #11
oman2010

Is the bt guide for the g20 the same for g20sf ?
oman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 00:47   #12
ennis

Is the spring replaceable on the Sta-tite guide rod with factory spring, for the G27? Will it require your optional tool to do it? Thanks
ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 17:47   #13
gmar54

do i need the tool kit for the G36 rod assm.?
gmar54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 21:23   #14
BTGuideRods
GT Sponsor

You only need the tool kit if you want to change springs.

The factory springs last a very long time due to the dual spring design.

Some people like to use Wolff springs on these rods.

I can ship a Sta-Tite rod with Wolff springs installed but I don't stock them so email if you're interested.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 09-21-2012, 19:38   #15
alank2

Hi,

I've got a BT guide rod for my G20 that I am very pleased with. It looks to be made very well, matches the look and feel of the original Glock part, allows me to put a different spring rate on, and eliminates the screechy noise that the stock spring had. My G20 just seems so much nicer with it. I couldn't be happier with this product.

Good luck,

Alan

alank2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bt guide rod, glock guide rod, glock recoil assembly, sta-tite guide rod