Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:22   #1
sr556m9

New SIG MK25

Hello all! I picked up a brand new SIG MK25 on Friday night. This particular model does not have an anchor logo engraved on the slide. After doing a little research, it appears some MK25's that were produced on 8/20/13 left the factory without the anchor engraved. I will be contacting SIG this week and seeing what they will do for me. At this point, the anchor doesn't mean anything to me (I think it may be kind of cool to have a unique MK25 without an anchor), and this gun shot sweet. I read that SIG will send out a special certificate of authenticity to customers to verify that their guns are in fact an MK25 without the anchor engraved. Maybe see if I can get them to throw in a free mag or something too, considering I paid for the engraving and it was not done. I really don't want to hassle with sending in my brand new gun and being without it for a couple weeks. Maybe down the road I will.

I put about 250 rounds of WWB and Brown Bear through it and it ran great. The gun is accurate as all get out, and the DA trigger on it is the nicest I've used on any DA/SA gun. This was my first time shooting Brown Bear, and I was surprised how hot this ammo was. I could tell it was hotter than the WWB. Of course, IMO, the WWB these days seem like it's been down loaded. Just doesn't seem as hot as it used to be, and I don't think it holds a candle to S&B or Fiocchi these days.

The MK25's come with 3 mags, which is very nice. It has night sights, and the internals are all phosphate coated. You can tell this gun was made to take a beating. This now brings me up to 5 SIGS, 2 of which are American-German hybrids (220 and 229) and the other 3 are all American (226, 239, 1911XO). All of them have been flawless thus far and have made me a die hard SIG fan these days! (Not that I don't like other brands too...)

Last edited by sr556m9; 05-12-2014 at 18:47..
sr556m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:27   #2
M&P15T
Beard One

If the Anchor logo means so much to you, that's it's the first thing you talk about in your post, then why did you buy a Mk25 that didn't have it?

Last edited by M&P15T; 05-05-2014 at 08:54..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33   #3
Pier23

Well, bac could certainly render an authoritative opinion, but I can see that an "errata" Sig could carry some additional value to an investor/Sig collector.

And as the posts on high-end guns has shown, one of the most sought-after is a "No-Name" with no logo markings at all.

I personally wouldn't lose any sleep over a "No Anchor" Sig, but then I can't afford that Sig with or without the anchor, so my opinion is worthless.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52   #4
Fordtough25

I've been jonesing for another P226 bad lately, LGS doesn't have any of course. But I did find a shop 40 minutes away with 4 different models, one of them being the MK25. After reading several pages of threads here I think that's the one I am going to trade for. Congrats OP! I had a standard P226 in 9mm several years back and kick myself quite often for letting it get away. Great shooters.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:55   #5
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier23 View Post
"errata"
I'm stealing that word......it's mine now, all mine.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:05   #6
sr556m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
If the Anchor logo means so much to you, that's it's the first thing you talk about in your post, then why did you buy a Mk25 that didn't have it?
I'll tell you why I brought up the anchor. Because I can see people posting things like, "No anchor...not an MK25" and I don't want the discussion to turn into a debate about whether the gun is a MK25 or not.

Last edited by sr556m9; 05-05-2014 at 09:05..
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07   #7
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr556m9 View Post
I'll tell you why. Because I can see people posting things like, "No anchor...not an MK25" and I don't want the discussion to turn into a debate about whether the gun is a MK25 or not.
Yeah....but.....I mean.....why did you buy it in the first place?

Were I in your position, I would have not bought that particular one, and found one with the proper markings.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:14   #8
nathanours
Texan

I find I can shoot my MK25 one handed really well. It's sort of odd how well it works for single handed shootin.

Black Rifle Club #1989

Last edited by nathanours; 05-05-2014 at 09:14..
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18   #9
Beanie-Bean

Congrats on the new P226

I like mine a lot, and even though the sticker finally fell off, it is still a Mk 25. I had an early run model, and the sticker was on the RH-side of the frame, instead of the other side, like yours.

Two of the "Made in USA" magazines don't work well with one of my other SIG Sauer guns, but they seem to work just fine in the Mk 25. They are not the Italian-made Mec Gar magazines, but are checkmate mags.

Enjoy yours!

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:41   #10
nylaw

Excuse my ignorance but I have never owned or shot a Sig before. I Goggled some pics. Does the slide stop lever have two release tabs?
nylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:45   #11
sr556m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Yeah....but.....I mean.....why did you buy it in the first place?

Were I in your position, I would have not bought that particular one, and found one with the proper markings.
Oh, I see. It was the last one in stock at the shop, there was a sale going on, and the lack of an anchor really didn't matter to me.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46   #12
sr556m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylaw View Post
Excuse my ignorance but I have never owned or shot a Sig before. I Goggled some pics. Does the slide stop lever have two release tabs?
The front lever is a decocker, and the rear one is the slide stop.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:51   #13
nylaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr556m9 View Post
The front lever is a decocker, and the rear one is the slide stop.

Thanks just saw it on it's wiki page.
nylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28   #14
boilergonzo

To each their own (anchor/no anchor). I cannot speak for collector value (it is a mass-produced gun... so probably fairly negligible), but for me, I personally would prefer one without the anchor. I don't need the endorsement, but would value some of the features that model incorporates.

Markings and the value of a given logo or marking is not static. Some markings (think "Blackwater"!) have different value contributions in public perception and/or value over time (and not always pulling the same direction!).

I think something that is differentiated (like a coin with a rare date variation or error that slipped through) sets itself apart in uniqueness and increases the chance someone might seek it at a later date, but who knows?

Enjoy your pistol! I think you got a good one!
boilergonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:45   #15
Sgt127

Lots of Officers carried the P226 around these parts. I carried a P220 for years, but, never owned a P226 until recently. Found a used trade in in decent shape for $399. Really a decent carry gun.

I don't think an anchorless Navy Model will become a collectors item in your lifetime. But, the lack of an anchor will hurt its resale if you decide to sell it. The anchor, or lack therof, will not affect the gun in any way (assuming its truly a Navy model with the parkerized parts and, I think, chrome lined barrel etc)

I think I would have Sig put the anchor on it. You paid for a Navy model, its supposed to be on there.
Sgt127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 14:42   #16
bac1023

Very nice

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 20:26   #17
Glock40man

Congrats!
Old 05-05-2014, 21:02   #18
sr556m9

Just wanted to update you guys. Called SIG and spoke to Kyle (very friendly and knowledgeable) and they are willing to bring in the pistol and engrave it for me. No charge at all. I asked him if I could hold off so I can enjoy my new pistol and he said absolutely. If I decide to do it, let them know and they will ship it in. I am going to hold off for now (will probably never send it in, not that big of a deal IMO).

I also asked him about the special certificates and he said he had not heard of them, and that there was nothing like that available at this time. All MK25's come with a certificate of authenticity and those are the only certificates he is aware of.

This is my first dealing with SIG's customer service, and they were very easy to deal with. They picked up the phone after 3 rings (no wait at all, even though I called during one of their peak calling times). Actually, this is my first time having to call any gun manufacturer about a customer service issue.
Old 05-05-2014, 22:47   #19
steve1911

Congrats!

1911club#410