Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2010, 20:16   #1
DManInAZ

AZ Bill in front of Gov. to allow concealed without a permit...

Hi folks.

Yes, I am new here, as I just acquired my first Glock. I am an AZ resident and have had my CCW for over a year.

Here is a link to an article about the new bill in front of the Governor [url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_concealed_weapons_arizona[/url]

I am curious to know the thoughts of the GT universe on this.

Here is my personal take. Do we really want just anyone to be able to carry concealed? I realize that anyone in AZ can open carry, but I'd like to be able to size up the person with the gun on their side when I see them with it, not when they are drawing it with the potential to use it. I think it is going to lead to an increase in shootings. I am kind of surprised that this law made it this far. I'd think the gun shop owners who also provide CCW training would be all over it. They are sure to lose a bit of revenue because of this.

Hope I am wrong on all counts.

- DMan
DManInAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 18:01   #2
phxfa

I hear ya, Im not real happy myself about this change for the same reasons
phxfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 20:23   #3
sonick808

do you guys believe RKBA ? Do you REALLY think that eight hour class puts you that far ahead of the curve ? Hey, i took it too, i have my permit; I'm glad to see our state respecting RKBA as it was intended, however.

Either you're for it or not

Last edited by sonick808; 04-10-2010 at 20:25..
sonick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:07   #4
abedwards1978

i dont agree with the law but whatever!!!
"Americans... still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do."
abedwards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 14:24   #5
Doc Holliday
CLM Number 24
Charter Lifetime Member

'Shall not be infringed'.

Cops won't be able to bust the gangbangers for carrying 'concealed without a license' anymore, but it's the 2nd Amendment and you gotta take the 'bad' along with the good on that one.

I support this new law.

"As for me and my house, we will continue to use the 2nd Gen Glocks"

This invisible text is also brought to you by SKYY Vodka.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 18:59   #6
CU4X4N
5th of November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
'Shall not be infringed'.

I support this new law.
So do I!
Old 04-12-2010, 21:47   #7
N.D.Glock23

"Shall not be infringed"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CU4X4N View Post
So do I!
Me too!

JMHO not tryin to start anything.
RKBA:
It's not a Constitutional right, it's an inalienable God given birth right that was confirmed as such by the Constitution, hence there should be no gun laws period.
but that scares people who start thinking hey wait a minute, then bad people could own guns W/O breaking the law too!

Well whether it's legal or not they do it any way, that being said they also CC any way, so . . . it wont really make much of a difference if any in the violent crime stats, there are still laws against harming others ETC., and those laws will still be enforced just as effectively or ineffectively as they always have and you also have to know that bad & violent people will always CC no matter if the law said instant, on the spot execution for mere illegal possession of a firearm.
we should remember that bad is as bad does and there will always be bad (that is why we CC is it not, because no one is responsible for your safety but you) just as there will always be good . . .

The possession of a permit and having taken a class will not prevent some one from deciding one day to commit a violent act, but having a high quality of character would prevent such a thing, you cant enforce nor ensure that either can you?

Just some food for thought . . .

N.D.
Old 04-16-2010, 17:42   #8
BillR

Governor Brewer signed SB1108 into law today!
I like living in Free America!!
Old 04-19-2010, 16:57   #9
mboylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick808 View Post
do you guys believe RKBA ? Do you REALLY think that eight hour class puts you that far ahead of the curve ? Hey, i took it too, i have my permit; I'm glad to see our state respecting RKBA as it was intended, however.

Either you're for it or not
No. It does give people who are clueless a good idea of how much more they need to learn.
mboylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:38   #10
Funker

delete

Last edited by Funker; 04-20-2010 at 10:41..
Funker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 13:49   #11
miatank

Well I think it is an advantage to have the CCW plastic in my wallet. It makes the purchase of a pistol much easier - no FBI check.

dave - the wild west gets wilder
miatank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 18:37   #12
lostone1413

I live in Arizona also. The only ones I've seen against the bill were the anti gun people and the ones who made money with the permit classes. Be impossible to say your against the bill then say you support the 2nd amendment. If you can then you never read the 2nd amendment
lostone1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26   #13
CU4X4N
5th of November

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatank View Post
Well I think it is an advantage to have the CCW plastic in my wallet. It makes the purchase of a pistol much easier - no FBI check.

dave - the wild west gets wilder
This.

Also taking the classes and getting an actual permit will allow you to carry in other states that recognize AZ permits.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:27   #14
lostone1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU4X4N View Post
This.

Also taking the classes and getting an actual permit will allow you to carry in other states that recognize AZ permits.
Even with the law you can still get the permit. I'm just waiting to see someone tell me in the 2nd amendment were it says you need permission from the government to carry a gun. What few I've seen that are gun owners that object to the bill remind me of the batty bunch. They figure oh well a little gun control is alright. The trouble is the Constitution I learned has nothing like that in the 2nd amendment
lostone1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 17:17   #15
voyager4520
-----

Awesome, waiting for a similar bill here in Colorado. You're either a law abiding citizen who can keep and bear arms or you're not. No "grey area", no "if's, and's, or maybe's", it's "yes or no", "black and white".

Alaska and Vermont seem to fair well with similar laws.

Last edited by voyager4520; 05-25-2010 at 17:21..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 13:07   #16
Thunderbolt56

Given that CCW is a state side decision, I'd prefer if all states would implement some form of issuable permit. There are a couple reasons, but I have relatives (in-laws) that live in Vt. When they come down to visit us each year (sometimes for prolonged periods), they have to leave their guns in the car or leave them home as my state doesn't recognize their right to carry in Vermont. Whereas, if I go to Vermont, I can carry anytime since I have a permit, yet other out-of-staters can't do it legally.

If there isn't any other qualification than being a state resident, they should still issue them to folks that want them in order to fully reciprocate with other states.

My local range
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thunderbolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 14:15   #17
Dean22

This post reminded me of the guy who was CC in Lowe's and shot his boys off. From what I remember it didn't say he was carrying illegally. So obvious any class he took didn't teach him a whole lot. Can't teach stupid. And since the people you're worried about CCing already are anyways with or without a permit what does it really matter. I'm for it, if somebody can't afford to take the class easily shouldn't they be able to protect themselves too?
Old 01-02-2011, 18:08   #18
sonick808

Well, it's been close to a year since the bill was signed into law, and the streets are not running red. In fact, I can't discern any change whatsoever.

I will continue to renew my permit, as I feel it may lend an air of credibility in case of an event; as well as the ability to walk into pistol parlour every couple months and buy something new without waiting around for the NICS people.
sonick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 15:35   #19
Doc Holliday
CLM Number 24
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManInAZ View Post
I think it is going to lead to an increase in shootings.
...still waiting...

Nothing happened, except now maybe the criminals will think twice about jacking someone up in Arizona, since EVERYONE might be carrying...

"As for me and my house, we will continue to use the 2nd Gen Glocks"

This invisible text is also brought to you by SKYY Vodka.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:49   #20
coyotehunter223

Probably less likely to pass now, I would think...
coyotehunter223 is offline   Reply With Quote