Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2015, 20:45   #1
Christopherloaf

I can't leave well enough alone...

So I personally like to do my due diligence. I won't give up on gear until I just decide that isn't for me with some good heavy use/wear. SO, I did what anybody would do and drank the HSP INCOG Kool-Aide. (great holster, highly recommend it to be honest but everybody is different and I'm looking for perfect...for me. The standard INCOG is not. I own an INCOG Eclipse so that's getting tried out too.)

Decided to look into the wedge thing because I'm a thin guy with a tiny belly and wanted to let the gun ride one hole higher on my K Rounds appendix for a better grip.

What did I do? Took my K Rounds AIWB and put a wedge on it. Just some industrial grade Velcro and a cut up Scotch-Brite grout scrubber:

Carry Issues

This *ish makes my Glock 21 disappear WITH a higher setting on the ride height for a more positive grip. Holy sweet Texas State Fair lemonade.

Regular T-shirt:

Carry Issues

T-Shirt Pulled tight from the front:

Carry Issues

Tight from the side:

Carry Issues

No, I'm not that round. It's just a weird angle the way I'm holding my phone. But dang, that's a sweet idea. There's one company that's charging over $100 for the same idea, just not executed as crudely. Well, look up the cost for my K Rounds AIWB and velcro and scotch brite and it works. For real. Not knocking the more expensive option as far as quality goes, mainly because I haven't personally handled one. Just not a fan of paying $100+ for something I can pretty much do myself.

Those of you working on AIWB and haven't tried it yet, think about including a wedge.
Christopherloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 22:01   #2
Marine Dad

I need to try this, been thinking about it for a week or so. I can carry a 26 aiwb all day with no problems but the 19 gets a little painful by the end of the day.
Marine Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:43   #3
SCmasterblaster

nice rig!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:22   #4
Christopherloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Dad View Post
I need to try this, been thinking about it for a week or so. I can carry a 26 aiwb all day with no problems but the 19 gets a little painful by the end of the day.

You should definitely try it. I've taken all of my appendix holsters and it's made all the difference in concealability AND comfort. The comfort comes with not having such a blunt, hard edge poking me in the leg. Is it crude? Yeah, but oh well. It's covered up!
Christopherloaf is offline   Reply With Quote