Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2010, 15:03   #1
MTHall49

Recommendations please: Large folder

I'm looking for a "serious" folder with a large 3.5-4.0 inch blade. Trying to stay in a street price range of about 90.00 - 150.00. I'm guessing on the price, but it is about what I think I can get for what I am selling.
Looking for probably a liner lock, thumb stud or other very fast opening, plain edge, non coated.
For example: A couple which come to mind are:
BM 710 New or used
ZT (non-coated)?? Used

All recommendations appreciated. Hoping to find something easy to find to buy or trade for without having to look for too many weeks.
Old 03-26-2010, 16:01   #2
Ernest Emerson

Re: Recommendations please: Large folder

Dear MTHall49,

At the risk of sounding self promoting, we make some very serious knives for some very serious folks. We are a little expensive, though there are used Emerson's available.

However, Benchmade makes good knives and ZT are also good. What I would recommend you base your choice on, rather than just cost, is ergonomics and durability. For if you ever have to use the knife in a serious situation, it would be a matter of life and death, whether it is an emergency or a fight. And you would want to have a knife that would not break or fail when you needed it most. I would also always, repeat always, get partial serrations on the blade. Contrary to what other "experts" have to say, serrations in NO way hinder cutting or slashing ability and you will thank the Lord if you ever have to cut someone out of a car wreck. Honestly, do not do it, but just think about dragging a serrated Spyderco blade across your forearm and you will get my point.

Hope I answered your concerns.

Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson
Ernest Emerson is offline   Reply With Quote