Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2010, 21:09   #41
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mad Dawg View Post
LMT and Colt are really pretty close to the same I have owned and used both and things like front sight mounted before or after parking never affected the performance. But like stated between the two pick the roll mark you like. If you want to impress ARFCOM get a pony if you want to save a couple hundred buy a LMT.
Both Colt and LMT are top notch but I would go with Bravo Company.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:44   #42
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
Both Colt and LMT are top notch but I would go with Bravo Company.
Pat
I personally have not owned a BCM but am sure they are top quality. I have for a long time put my personal rifles together as a hobby part of the fun is the assembly of parts of my choice. Sadly I am too cheap to buy a Noveske even though they are just down the road from home.

Why so serious

If you donít have any horses you must saddle your dogs - Dr. Saad
Big Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:16   #43
jbremount

Of the two mention ......Colt. This is a good time to buy Colts rifles. In the past, they were selling as high as $1800-$2000 in my neck of the woods. They are selling at bargin prices now. Colt will be a better investment than either BCM nor LMT for sure in the future. Of course this is my opinion. Anyway, Colts historly have always increase in value with time and are a collector's items. Check out Gunbroker or a online sales and see what prices one's gun collection can bring.

Last edited by jbremount; 02-28-2010 at 07:18..
jbremount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:20   #44
Waffen Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbremount View Post
Of the two mention ......Colt. This is a good time to buy Colts rifles. In the past, they were selling as high as $1800-$2000 in my neck of the woods. They are selling at bargin prices now. Colt will be a better investment than either BCM nor LMT for sure in the future. Of course this is my opinion. Anyway, Colts historly have always increase in value with time and are a collector's items. Check out Gunbroker or a online sales and see what prices one's gun collection can bring.
That's a great point
Old 02-28-2010, 12:57   #45
pennlineman

For my top AR I chose this.

Black Rifle Forum

I also agree with those suggesting BCM. But I do think the Colt will hold its value better.
pennlineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 13:06   #46
84S

I have a LMT that I like quite a bit, but if it had been a Colt 6920 that a range member had sold to me, I am sure I would like it as well. I just bought what was in front of me when I was looking for an AR carbine. I knew I wanted either a Colt, LMT, or a BCM model at the time

Last edited by 84S; 02-28-2010 at 13:07..
84S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 18:02   #47
Constructor
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
And Noveske is owned by Chuck Norris. And Trijicon is owned by Jesus.
Do you think Noveske is owned by Chuck Norris?
Constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 19:17   #48
THELimey
Ancient Member

LMT, BCM or Colt are more gun than most people will ever need. Buy the LMT and use the excess cash for Ammo and training.

Keith Richards
THELimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 22:07   #49
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constructor View Post
Do you think Noveske is owned by Chuck Norris?
Do you think Trijicon is owned by Jesus?
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:23   #50
kabob983
"Mostly" Dead

Quote:
And here I was thinking that Judas hung himself, didn't realize that he received a double tap from the Messiah.
Old 03-01-2010, 20:36   #51
Constructor
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Absolutely, the light has to come from somewhere.

Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $4.8 Million Contract
Oct 17, 2006 ... ROCK ISLAND, Ill., Oct. 17 -- The U.S. Army has awarded a contract valued at up to $4.8 million to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for weapons.The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army Tank-Automotive & Armaments Command, Rock Island, Ill. For more ...
<DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl03_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $46,500 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Oct 18, 2007; 302 Words ...Army has awarded a $46,500 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns through 30mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl04_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $33,300 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Jun 1, 2007; 302 Words ...Army has awarded a $33,300 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns through 30mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl05_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $358,500 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Jul 3, 2008; 302 Words ...Army has awarded a $358,500 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns through 30mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl06_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $352,440 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Nov 30, 2007; 294 Words ...Navy has awarded a $352,440 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for grenade launchers. The contract was awarded by the Naval Inventory...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl07_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $48,950 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Jan 21, 2008; 293 Words ...Navy has awarded a $48,950 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for grenade launchers. The contract was awarded by the Naval Inventory...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl08_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $1.15 Million Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Nov 19, 2007; 295 Words ...has awarded a $1.15 million contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for grenade launchers. The contract was awarded by the Naval Inventory...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl09_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $301,368 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Sep 3, 2007; 303 Words ...Army has awarded a $301,368 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns through 30mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl10_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $30,000 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Apr 10, 2008; 303 Words ...Army has awarded a $30,000 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns through 30mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl11_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $1 Million Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Oct 31, 2006; 304 Words ...Army has awarded a $1 million contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns from 30mm to 75mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl12_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $3 Million Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Jan 30, 2007; 298 Words ...S. Army has awarded a contract valued at up to $3 million to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for weapons. The contract was awarded by the U...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl13_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $340,870 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Oct 18, 2007; 294 Words ...Navy has awarded a $340,870 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for grenade launchers. The contract was awarded by the Naval Inventory...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl14_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $309,600 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Feb 12, 2007; 302 Words ...Army has awarded a $309,600 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for pipes and tubes. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl15_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $57,600 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Feb 26, 2007; 302 Words ...Army has awarded a $57,600 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns from 30mm to 75mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl16_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $296,235 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Sep 18, 2007; 303 Words ...Army has awarded a $296,235 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns from 30mm to 75mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl17_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $1.2 Million Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Oct 18, 2007; 304 Words ...has awarded a $1.2 million contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns through 30mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl18_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $283,500 Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Sep 15, 2006; 304 Words ...Army has awarded a $283,500 contract to Lewis Machine & Tool Co., Milan, Ill., for guns from 30mm to 75mm. The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact: Myron... </DD></DL><DL class="clearit logos-on results" id=ctl00_ph_SearchResults1_rptResults_ctl19_dlResults style="DISPLAY: block"><DT class=publogo> <DT class=title>Lewis Machine & Tool Wins $2.1 Million Contract <DD class=description>US Fed News Service, Including US State News; Feb 13, 2007; 298 Words ...S. Army has awarded a contract valued at up to $2.1 million to Lewis Machine & Tool Corp., Milan, Ill., for weapons. The contract was awarded by the U...information about US Fed News contract awards please contact... </DD></DL>

Last edited by Constructor; 03-01-2010 at 20:42..
Old 03-01-2010, 20:50   #52
phxfa

Quote:
And Noveske is owned by Chuck Norris. And Trijicon is owned by Jesus.
And your just 'owned' right?
phxfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54   #53
kabob983
"Mostly" Dead

I know that LMT has gov't contracts but I thought it was for M203's and such, not necessarily rifles. Mayhaps I am wrong.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:30   #54
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxfa View Post
And your just 'owned' right?
Why this, brother?
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 13:12   #55
Constructor
GT Sponsor

The OPs question was Colt or LMT?
IMO both make fine rifles, both has issues from time to time and some rifles need to be dialed in to work for the purchaser with the loads and accessories he plans to use because you never know when the consumer will use light varmint loads or heavy target loads.
Some companies build mainly for Gov contracts, some companies build mainly for commercial sales, some have strict specs that must be met and some have none, some use properly machined and heat treated parts like disconnectors and some use stamped parts that aren't quite hard enough. Most consumers don't have access to several different brands to compare so they read what others say but, some of those talking don't shoot enough to know that cheap disconnector, hammer etc. will wear out faster and fail. There is a good reason groups that train hard use certain brands.
Read post about Pat Rs carbine courses, that will give you a good idea of what brands will last and which will not.

Pat_Rogers

Team Member

Black Rifle Forum , USA

Black Rifle Forum Posts: 697

Black Rifle Forum User Blog

Black Rifle Forum Media Collections

Black Rifle Forum * - Feedback Soon!

<!-- Reply Box -->Posted: 1/27/2008 5:23:37 PM MST

I used to try to keep records, but it was difficult and time consuming for students (and us) to get it all down on paper.
Also, so many mix and match parts that the genesis of any gun is difficult to ascertain.

Appx 70% are Colt with some FN's.
BM
LMT
The rest are a bunch of Noveske, LWRC, Defensive Edge, S&W and others that are mainly single digit articles.

Most guns run well if not past the end of their service life.
The hobby guns will have more problems with extractors, bolts, springs, and small parts breakage.

I don't spend a lot of time looking at guns at class, other then to make sure the students are using them correctly>
I don't care what they bring as long as it is serviceable. Some aren't.

My company uses
Colt
LMT
Noveske
S&W (3 T&E)
Defensive Edge
Laure uppers

Last edited by Constructor; 03-02-2010 at 13:55..
Old 03-02-2010, 16:30   #56
phxfa

Quote:
Why this, brother?
Just havin a little fun,,, The Crown got to me last night,,,
phxfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 16:49   #57
kabob983
"Mostly" Dead

Yeah, I still have this saved from the "What parts break in a carbine course" tread on Arfcom (which I now cannot find). This is when someone asked Pat "What manufacturers do you recommend?"

Quote:
Pat
Colt, LMT, Noveske, Sully, new S&W; also any of those lowers with Larue Uppers or BCM uppers.
Makes sense seeing how he does TONS of field testing for BCM, although I've never actually seen anyone using a Sully rifle (not that I've been to one of his classes but MAN I would love to do so!).

Tags
ar15, colt 6920, colt 6940, lmt