Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2012, 22:23   #51
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21/4life View Post
Its the liberal legislature that is killing this State, and now we have Moonbeam who wants yo raise taxes again.

No magazine disconnect no Kali approval! Gen 3 is better anyway.
Thank God I can still buy 1911's without issue..

If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
You'll Always Get What You've Always Got.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 22:29   #52
Glock Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
I agree with you...But even our crazy gun laws aren't as bad as some..Don't even get me started on the cost to live here..Its insane.
I hear you. We sold our house in San Jose in 1976 for $56,000 and now that same house is $800,000.
Glock Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 22:52   #53
High Altitude

Wasn't there a thread just a few days ago that told you how to legally purchase a gen4 in California?

I was born in SoCal and lived most of my life there and don't miss it at all. I really thought I was going to miss the perfect weather, but never happened.

Last edited by High Altitude; 02-09-2012 at 22:57..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 23:14   #54
BillPed

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Wasn't there a thread just a few days ago that told you how to legally purchase a gen4 in California?

I was born in SoCal and lived most of my life there and don't miss it at all. I really thought I was going to miss the perfect weather, but never happened.
I have a Gen4 G19 legally purchased in California.

Purchasing any "off roster" gun is extremely easy. Lots of ways, from buying it face to face from someone who brought it in legally from another state to having what is called Single Shot Exemption (SSE, an oddity that you can search and find out more).

Adds a few dollars, but is really no big deal.

Bill
BillPed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 23:24   #55
bentbiker
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1389349 .
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 00:41   #56
F106 Fan

Quote:
There are a number of 1911's available. But I don't think the Colt Gold Cup is among them.

I just picked up a Sig 1911 and the store had a Colt Combat Government, something from Springfield Armory, a nice Kimber, an S&W and a couple of others. So quality 1911's are available.

I have a fancy Gold Cup with gold leaf on the slide. It's an IPSC commemorative 1 of 200 gun and I just don't want to use it in a holster. I would really like to find a plain Gold Cup.

Richard
Old 02-10-2012, 05:56   #57
Lowjiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
That's just ridiculous.
No...it's California.
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44   #58
SASJen

Send a message via Skype™ to SASJen
I don't think Gen4 Glocks Nor XDMs will be CA Legal

Hi, guys! Sorry to bring bad news . This is why I think they will never make it onto the California Roster: The guns don't have a magazine detach safety. CA currently asks that all guns manufactured after... 2008?? 2009??? Has a safety that will not fire the last round in the chamber, if no magazine is in the magwell. All guns already on the roster are grandfathered in, such as Gen3 and prior. But the new guns will not be allowed.

To change the design of the Gen4, I feel, would be to take away what that gun is. --and the XDMs for that matter. I'm sorry :( California is hell on firearms. I'm glad I left the state!
SASJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 13:19   #59
clarkz71

Quote:
Yea well you can come to South Florida and have the best of both worlds. Great climate and the first state to become a shall issue state!!!
Yes, I've had my CWL since 91 or 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
Off topic but is really that difficult to use the correct letter in those words? You used "s" in several other words so your "s" key obviously works.
Don't you remember that commercial..... "Waz Zup"
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
clarkz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:34   #60
21/4life

EBR works i got a G23Gen4 FDE from here great people!!!
http://www.ebrworks.com/Home_Page.php
21/4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 20:18   #61
Glock2336
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPed View Post
I have a Gen4 G19 legally purchased in California.

Purchasing any "off roster" gun is extremely easy. Lots of ways, from buying it face to face from someone who brought it in legally from another state to having what is called Single Shot Exemption (SSE, an oddity that you can search and find out more).

Adds a few dollars, but is really no big deal.

Bill

Exactly, I bought a Gen 4 G19 and Gen 4 G17 this year via SSE and they are both listed on my CA CCW. For those that do not know, some CA counties limit you to 3 firearms on your CCW here.
Glock2336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 20:40   #62
seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G17 View Post
The best store in the bay area I've been to is Canyon Sports in Martinez. Very friendly staff and impressive inventory. I just bought a Glock from them and be coming back often.
http://www.canyon-sports.com/
Screeech!!!!! Whoa... That store is without a doubt, one of the two worst gun stores I have ever been to... Unless they got rid of that hypocritical thief pot-smoking cellulite packing liar with the SS tattoo on his arm, my assessment stands. I have plenty of my own reasons, but if you must find out for yourself, check Yelp! Last I checked, it was a bit dated, but the negative comments mirrored my own experiences.

Good stores are J&R in Livermore, Reed's in Santa Clara, Valkyrie in Santa Clara (formerly in Milpitas...and they do Single Shot Exemptions), Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountain View, City Arms East in Pleasant Hill, Targetmasters in Milpitas, and some others of which I will remember later.

Canyon used to be good...but that was a long time ago.
seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 20:52   #63
Sand

Quote:
Yea well you can come to South Florida and have the best of both worlds. Great climate and the first state to become a shall issue state!!!
Dude? Are you serious? Comparing the climate of South Flordia to (southern) California? Are you serious. We don't even know what humidity is.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 20:54   #64
SASJen

Glock2366 is absolutely right about that! I forgot about making them single shot. It's just a block in the magwell or a mag that won't squish down. You just have to find a dealer who will do it.

You can also do a private party transfer. Like Glock2366 said, it can be someone who bought the Gen4 out of state. But also be sure that that person has a valid form of ID to show residence in CA. If a guy from NV drives a gun to CA to do a private party transfer, he will have wasted his time, because PPTs are a CA thing, and only for people with CA IDs or CDLs or Military ID with permanent station orders on hand to do it. Private party transfers are also consignment sales.

THere is also one other possibility: if you know a peace officer who is willing to sell you his or her off-roster handgun in a private party transfer, it's good. You just have to find a peace officer who wants to part with one ;-) There's the hard part :-) WHo wants to get rid of their Gen4 ????
Old 11-15-2012, 21:10   #65
Glock2336
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASJen View Post
Glock2366 is absolutely right about that! I forgot about making them single shot. It's just a block in the magwell or a mag that won't squish down. You just have to find a dealer who will do it.

You can also do a private party transfer. Like Glock2366 said, it can be someone who bought the Gen4 out of state. But also be sure that that person has a valid form of ID to show residence in CA. If a guy from NV drives a gun to CA to do a private party transfer, he will have wasted his time, because PPTs are a CA thing, and only for people with CA IDs or CDLs or Military ID with permanent station orders on hand to do it. Private party transfers are also consignment sales.

THere is also one other possibility: if you know a peace officer who is willing to sell you his or her off-roster handgun in a private party transfer, it's good. You just have to find a peace officer who wants to part with one ;-) There's the hard part :-) WHo wants to get rid of their Gen4 ????
I only mentioned my experience with SSE, I never suggested buying from someone who brought it from out of state to sell here.
The Gen 4 G17 I bought last month was from MTG Firearms in Elk Grove, CA and they are set up to SSE Gen 4 Glocks legally.

In SSE form:
General Glocking

Normally:
General Glocking

General Glocking
Old 11-15-2012, 23:05   #66
SASJen

Beautiful!

Hi, Glock2366 I totally agreed with you. You didn't say anything wrong or inaccurate Sometimes, though, I clarify, because some people WOULD end up doing the PPT incorrectly, and it could cause a lot of heartache. I.e., I had a guy bring a gun from out of NV to sell to his friend in CA, and I had to turn him away :( I felt terrible, but I couldn't do it.

That SSE Glock was wild! So, I'm a bit foggy... was it the long barrel that made it okay, and the magazine is normal? Or what was up with that? Looks like it would be fun to try

You guns are lovely
Old 11-16-2012, 06:40   #67
Glock2336
Senor Member

The barrel, blocked magazine that only holds one round and heavily altered mag release that needed a tool.

Last edited by Glock2336; 11-16-2012 at 06:41..
Old 11-16-2012, 06:51   #68
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
They don't. The Gen3 G17/22 are approved because they were tested before the requirement for a magazine safety. If the DOJ doesn't accept Glock's petition to consider the Gen4 the same gun, then it has to meet the new criteria. In that case, the Gen4 couldn't be sold in CA but the Gen3 wouldn't be "unapproved".
Don't count on that. The DOJ approvals have expiration dates. Even if a Gen3 were resubmitted at that point it would fail since it too Would have to meet the then current rules to be recertified. Given them racheting up the requirements and the expiration dates, eventually very few handguns will qualify to be sold in CA, which is the whole idea.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:52   #69
HexHead

Quote:
As they expire off the list, they'll be gone too.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote