Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2010, 18:55   #1
carrollshooter

removing Glock trigger pin

I tried detail stripping my 22C according to the Glock Armorer's manual and could not drive out the trigger pin. I can push it about .010" both ways with a punch but could not get it to move further with stout blows from a 8 oz. mallet. What is the trick. Other pins came out easily.
carrollshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 19:56   #2
paddle007

If it's like my G23 or G27, wiggle the slide locking lever while keeping constant pressure on the pin. I also gave mine a few taps the first time I stripped it. I soon discovered forcing it is not the answer.
Old 02-14-2010, 20:32   #3
ChrisJn

Paddle007 is correct.
Whilst maintaining pressure on the pin from the left hand side of frame(facing forward) wiggle slide locking lever forward and back until pin comes loose. Problem is the spring on the lever sometimes catches in the left hand indentation on the pin.
ChrisJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 20:39   #4
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
Also, try to always remove your pins in the same direction (most do left to right when removing and right to left when installing from the shooters perspective)

Though you shouldn't be detail stripping but when needed for install/replacement of a par, in my opinion.
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:09   #5
vmann
Controller

please leave the hammer out of this operation...

ps, you would want to jiggle on the slide stop lever, not the slide lock lever...

U.S. ARMY

Last edited by vmann; 02-15-2010 at 19:37..
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:09   #6
itsgottabeapit

Send a message via AIM to itsgottabeapit
You shouldn't need a hammer for a glock unless you are drifting sights.

Just wiggle the slide stop lever slowy, up, down, left and right (not in any particular order) the pin will come out easily with a little pressure.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18   #7
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Try a bigger hammer...
Old 02-16-2010, 05:53   #8
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Wait folks! A hammer is considered a glock tool but only for smashing the fingers of those unknowing for messing with your parts while spread out for cleaning on the table.

A hammer is never necessary for working on the Glock that I'm aware of.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03   #9
misunderestimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollshooter View Post
I tried detail stripping my 22C according to the Glock Armorer's manual and could not drive out the trigger pin. I can push it about .010" both ways with a punch but could not get it to move further with stout blows from a 8 oz. mallet. What is the trick. Other pins came out easily.
putting pressure on it with the proper size punch, from the left side toward the right side while wiggeling the slide release its should come out

PS

Why are you stripping it,
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:55   #10
itsgottabeapit

It also helps if you find a roll of tape to put between the glock and the table you are working on. I always center the pin with the hole in the tape roll.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:53   #11
Hackett

Quote:
Originally Posted by misunderestimated View Post

Why are you stripping it,
I am a bit curious too.

I hope it's not just because they can. Not something someone who isn't sure what they are doing should really be doing. And unless there is a problem, or a part replacement occurring, I don't see why they need to.

I am looking at this thread and I notice they have 1 post and likely haven't logged back in. Could this be a troll?
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member

Last edited by Hackett; 02-16-2010 at 08:55..
Old 02-16-2010, 09:19   #12
itsgottabeapit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I am a bit curious too.

I hope it's not just because they can. Not something someone who isn't sure what they are doing should really be doing. And unless there is a problem, or a part replacement occurring, I don't see why they need to.

I am looking at this thread and I notice they have 1 post and likely haven't logged back in. Could this be a troll?
Everybody has to start somewhere, no one was born knowing how to detail strip a gun. Some people love to shoot guns. Some people love to tinker with guns and really learn how they work.

I personally love detail stripping new pistols when I get them, it's a good way to learn about them. But to each his own.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:35   #13
Hackett

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgottabeapit View Post
Everybody has to start somewhere, no one was born knowing how to detail strip a gun. Some people love to shoot guns. Some people love to tinker with guns and really learn how they work.

I personally love detail stripping new pistols when I get them, it's a good way to learn about them. But to each his own.
If not to fix, repair, or replace something. There is no need to detail strip a new glock. IMO. With all the posts about someone not remembering how to put the slide stop back in, do you really think just anyone should be doing this?

I still say the thread originator is a troll.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00   #14
carrollshooter

I made the post asking an honest question because I thought I could get an honest answer. I did get an informative answer from several of you for which I am grateful. I have owned and stripped several Glocks over the years and just happen to have trouble with this one. I do not know what a troll is or what they do but I am sure that it is not a compliment. In my experience people who throw around baseless accusations are just looking for trouble and if they cannot find it they start it. I do not make many posts because I do not have much extra time to spend on my hobbies. I must make a living and that takes a lot more than 40 hours a week anymore. Many thanks to those who gave me an informed answer. When I see a question that I think I have an useful answer for I will post it.
carrollshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:09   #15
ChrisJn

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollshooter View Post
I made the post asking an honest question because I thought I could get an honest answer. I did get an informative answer from several of you for which I am grateful. I have owned and stripped several Glocks over the years and just happen to have trouble with this one. I do not know what a troll is or what they do but I am sure that it is not a compliment. In my experience people who throw around baseless accusations are just looking for trouble and if they cannot find it they start it. I do not make many posts because I do not have much extra time to spend on my hobbies. I must make a living and that takes a lot more than 40 hours a week anymore. Many thanks to those who gave me an informed answer. When I see a question that I think I have an useful answer for I will post it.
Unfortunately there a number of persons on this forum with too much time on their hands. Back in the old days in the police force in London we had an instruction "Idle and silly remarks will be ignored". It was good advice then and still is today.
ChrisJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37   #16
itsgottabeapit

You never know when the knowledge of being able to detail strip your gun might come in handy.

You don't need to wait until you need to fix/ replace a part to learn.

I'm glad people didn't call me a troll when I first started asking questions.

If this forum isn't for asking questions related to glocks what's it for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
If not to fix, repair, or replace something. There is no need to detail strip a new glock. IMO. With all the posts about someone not remembering how to put the slide stop back in, do you really think just anyone should be doing this?

I still say the thread originator is a troll.
Old 02-16-2010, 21:19   #17
JohnKSa

Quote:
I tried detail stripping my 22C according to the Glock Armorer's manual...could not get it to move further with stout blows from a 8 oz. mallet.
The "trick" to removing the trigger pin is described in the Glock Armorer's manual and it does not involve a mallet.

I don't know what you have but it is not a "Glock Armorer's Manual".
Quote:
If this forum isn't for asking questions related to glocks what's it for?
It is for asking questions, however, prudence suggests that one should ask prior to trying to solve the problem with "stout blows" from a mallet.

Last edited by JohnKSa; 02-16-2010 at 22:23..
JohnKSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 21:33   #18
Hackett

Before some of you jump down my throat too much, I offered good advice up front, but if there was a reason for why the he was removing the pin, there is a chance we could give better advice.

A troll is someone who posts something simple to stir things up. Did not mean offence, just being a forum mod on a few other forums, your original post being your only post reminded me of issues in the past. You also gave us very little background of any kind.

I am still curious as to what you are removing it for!

Last edited by Hackett; 02-16-2010 at 21:35..
Old 02-18-2010, 18:15   #19
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
http://v4.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=10zrbsl&s=4
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote