Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2010, 22:46   #1
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Problems with S&W 325 Night Guard........

Gunsmithing

I'm having problems with my S&W 325 Night Guard that I bought brand new less than 3 weeks ago; Test-Fire date for the gun was 1/12/2010.

I had my first range trip with it today, and fired 50 rounds of .45 ACP without a problem. I got home, cleaned it, and right before I put it up, I dry fired it a few times; as I was pulling the trigger during a dry fire, the gun locked up.......the trigger was stuck in the back position, and the hammer was forward.

I cocked the hammer back, and pulled the trigger, and the hammer fell like it should, but when cocking the hammer back, it wasn't rotating the cylinder. After pulling the hammer back, then pulling the trigger while slowly lowering the hammer by hand, it unlocked itself. I thought it might be the dreaded Hillary Hole causing the problem, but it wasn't not as far as I could see, because I was still able to pull the trigger while it was jammed up.

I bought this as a range toy, and not a CCW, Thank God! Because if I got into a situation where I DID need to use this gun, I might be dead! My confidence in this gun is GONE, with a capital G. Does anyone know what could have caused this, and what recourse to take? I'm definitely E-Mailing S&W, but I can send the gun in until I complete my move. What a time for this **** to happen to my almost $1000 gun.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 02-03-2010 at 22:58..
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:33   #2
MSgt Dotson

It is indeed sad that an N-Frame can't even make it thru a few rounds of dry-firing without malfunctioning, locking up....
MSgt Dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46   #3
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt Dotson View Post
It is indeed sad that an N-Frame can't even make it thru a few rounds of dry-firing without malfunctioning, locking up....
You got that right MSGT. I took it back to the dealer I got it from, and returned it. He gave me a nice minty brand new Rock Island Armory 1911 Tactical, and cash to make up for the loss.......even threw in a few Wilson 47D mags for my new 1911. Never again, will I buy a S&W Scandium-framed revolver.
Old 02-04-2010, 14:54   #4
thomjb

Lock on a revolver is redundant, sadly S&W doesn't know that:(
thomjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 15:03   #5
Glolt20-91

Smith will make it right and they pay shipping both ways, but you chose a different path.

I have a M327 TRR8, scandium N-frame, and a M396 NG, scandium L-frame in .44 Spcl. Zero problems with either one and both have been carried, including the .44 Special today.

Bob

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final - Bill Jordan
Glolt20-91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 15:10   #6
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

I was sad to hear about that!... I love that gun!... When you posted about getting it, that made me want one bad!!... Not so much anymore though.

Sounds like you and your dealer got it squared away though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 17:43   #7
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glolt20-91 View Post
Smith will make it right and they pay shipping both ways, but you chose a different path.

I have a M327 TRR8, scandium N-frame, and a M396 NG, scandium L-frame in .44 Spcl. Zero problems with either one and both have been carried, including the .44 Special today.

Bob
Smith would have definitely made it right, but I could never trust the gun again after that. Complete failure of the gun. I've never had a gun do that to me- ever. I will buy S&W products again, but the Scandium frames need to have the locks taken out. I don't know if it went out of time, or the lock partially engaged; either way, it freaked me out. I mean, if I would have been carrying it, and had to use it in a SD scenario, I'd have not been a happy camper.