SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:04   #1
drc767
Navy CSAR

Les Baer TRS?? Thoughts?

I am thinking about trading for a slightly used TRS that looks to be in excellent condition. I have several 1911's ranging from a Springfield GI to a Wilson Professional Supergrade so I am familiar with the platform, however, I have never owned a Baer. Any thoughts on the TRS? This specific pistol has been parkerized and is minus the front cocking serations, which I find to be a plus for this pistol. I generally try to avoid the FCS, but I especially don't care for them on the Baer. Any thoughts on this model pistol would be greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
drc767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:28   #2
bac1023

Great 1911s. I don't own a TRS, but do own a Concept V and SRP.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:37   #3
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

That one is interesting. Also has the flat trigger. Let us know what you think should you purchase it. I definitely want a Baer, but am trying to decide whether I want a TRS or a PII. I'd love a SRP but don't see those often or within range $-wise for me.
btw, S.R.D. = Strategic Response Dog
Officer's Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59   #4
drc767
Navy CSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer's Match View Post
That one is interesting. Also has the flat trigger. Let us know what you think should you purchase it. I definitely want a Baer, but am trying to decide whether I want a TRS or a PII. I'd love a SRP but don't see those often or within range $-wise for me.
I don't know about the flat trigger.....I have never used one, but it is easy enough to change out if I decide I don't like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:37   #5
ajgranda

Quote:
TRS's trigger is solid, not flat. It's a nice full size 1911.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:49   #6
Rinspeed
JAFO

The only thing I might be concerned about is buying a Baer that had been modified by someone other than Baer. The chances are slim but if you ever needed warranty work they might not cover it, just something to consider. Other than that I don't think you'll find a better 1911 in the price range of the TRS.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:15   #7
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgranda View Post
TRS's trigger is solid, not flat. It's a nice full size 1911.
The one DRC is looking at has had one put in, probably a 10-8.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58   #8
den888

You have to try it to believe how good the Les Baer 1911's are.
den888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14   #9
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

I own a TRS and a P2. IMHO they are the best 1911s out there. I can't shoot anywhere near what the TRS is capable of shooting. It's a workhorse for sure. It has fed everything I have given it. It hasn't choked on anything. Even during its break-in period it didn't fail. I bought both the Baers used. The P2 had 50 rounds through it and the TRS had about 100 through it. I am selling my Wilson and sticking with the Baers. Get it! You won't be disappointed.
SIGShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18   #10
Screaming .357G
598ci big block

Send a message via AIM to Screaming .357G
[IMG]1911 Forums[/IMG]I have a TR Special in a blued finish minus the FCS and really like it. In fact I think its the best 1911 I own. No cheap parts, hand fitting where needed,accurate as heck, and feeds/extracts anything I feed it.

They do not have perfect checkering nor do they have the edges smoothed out as much as some others but they have alot of soul and the fitting is very good.

To me nothing looks as good as a well worn blued or parked gun I just dont like the "baked on super paint" that some companys use.[IMG]1911 Forums[/IMG]

Last edited by Screaming .357G; 01-12-2010 at 14:51..
Screaming .357G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25   #11
drc767
Navy CSAR

Quote:
Well, I have reached an agreement and will be doing the trade...Should be interesting. I am hesitant about that 10-8 flat trigger, but that would be simple to fix that if I decide I don't like the trigger. I would just end up replacing it with the correct trigger that came with the pistol when it was new. I will post pics when I get it here.....

Old 01-12-2010, 11:31   #12
Rinspeed
JAFO

I can't stand those damn flat triggers but everyone that has one speaks very highly of them.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01   #13
ajgranda

Quote:
The one DRC is looking at has had one put in, probably a 10-8.
Thanks, I didn't know this, disregard .
Old 01-12-2010, 16:02   #14
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc767 View Post
Well, I have reached an agreement and will be doing the trade...Should be interesting. I am hesitant about that 10-8 flat trigger, but that would be simple to fix that if I decide I don't like the trigger. I would just end up replacing it with the correct trigger that came with the pistol when it was new. I will post pics when I get it here.....
Cool. I'm gonna' pm you later about another pistol I'm looking at.
Old 01-12-2010, 17:01   #15
drc767
Navy CSAR

Here are a couple pics of he Baer TRS I am getting. I hope it is alright to post pics of Adam's TRS.
Attached Thumbnails
1911 Forums - Click for larger version   1911 Forums - Click for larger version  

Old 01-12-2010, 17:14   #16
MADBMW

Looks great. I had a TRS (serial number TRS0098!) and regretably sold it off to fund another project. The TRS is a great 1911 and I am sure you will like it very much. Mine never gave me a problem, other than the bluing wears very fast and is obviously not very rust resistant. I really like the 10-8 flat triggers, and have a number of 10-8 parts on my Springfield Custom.
Old 01-12-2010, 17:37   #17
PlasticGuy

If it's possible for a $1500 pistol to be a bargain, the TRS is it. I love the clean look of the slide, and I like parkerizing. The trigger would have to go, but that's easy. Congratulations.
Old 01-12-2010, 17:52   #18
Quack
Rent this space

Nice!

give the flat trigger a chance, you may end up liking it.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:03   #19
drc767
Navy CSAR

Well, I got the TRS today. I have to say, I am very impressed!! I really like the Parkerizing Job that the Springfield Armory Custom Shop did on it. I detail stripped it and everything looks to be in very nice condition. The pistol is tight, but not overly so. The bushing needs a bushing wrench to get it started, but is not too tight. I played around with the straight trigger and it felt a bit odd. I put a Harrison solid trigger that I had laying around in it. The trigger is nice, clean and crisp. I am very happy with the deal. I will try and get a few rounds through it tomorrow. This is my first Baer, and I am very impressed with this pistol. For a semi-custom that retails under two grand, I would have to say that the fit and feel of the pistol ranks it up there above most of its competitors at that price point. The proof will be when I fire it.......So far, so good. It is a nice solid pistol.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:12   #20
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

Cool. I really want a Baer.