GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-17-2009, 20:24   #1
therealtwitch

Moving to Alabama do I have to register my guns?

I am moving from Arizona which is not a gun registry state to Alabama. my question is simply; is Alabama a state that requires you to register your guns?
therealtwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 22:11   #2
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Welcome to AL, where will you be living?
No registration on handguns or long guns.
AL doesn't allow SBRs or SBSGs, other class III stuff subject to regulations.
Old 12-17-2009, 22:35   #3
therealtwitch

thanks for the help. not to sure where I will be living just yet. I will be working on fort rucker. so I am looking for a place in dothan, enterprise, or ozark. I am a bit apprehensive and excited at the same time. I have never set foot in the state of Alabama, but I am told there is much to do.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29   #4
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtwitch View Post
thanks for the help. not to sure where I will be living just yet. I will be working on fort rucker. so I am looking for a place in dothan, enterprise, or ozark. I am a bit apprehensive and excited at the same time. I have never set foot in the state of Alabama, but I am told there is much to do.
Well from Dothan it isn't far to the miracle trip of baby powder white beaches running from the FL panhandle into Alabama so summer gigs are covered. Atlanta is not far from there. Mobile has Mardis Gras (in Feb this year) but is a few hours away.
I live in Mobile, not to familiar with Dothan. Let me know when the move is closer, I will check with friends in Dothan and get the skinny on good neighborhoods, etc...
There might be an IDPA group in the Dothan area.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:38   #5
G22Dude

I'm heading to AL for Christmas, man I wish I was moving there permanently
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:11   #6
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
Well from Dothan it isn't far to the miracle trip of baby powder white beaches running from the FL panhandle into Alabama so summer gigs are covered. Atlanta is not far from there. Mobile has Mardis Gras (in Feb this year) but is a few hours away.
I live in Mobile, not to familiar with Dothan. Let me know when the move is closer, I will check with friends in Dothan and get the skinny on good neighborhoods, etc...
There might be an IDPA group in the Dothan area.
Good synopsis

It is going to be a change from Arizona. Don't know if you're talking from northern Arizona (ie Flagstaff - hilly wooded terrain) or southern Arizona (Phoenix - hot desert), you will most likely find Alabama flat, full of trees, and more humid than you are accustomed to.

I hope you enjoy Alabama. I'm certain you'll enjoy our lower real estate costs relative to the West.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:37   #7
mossy500camo
ammo found

Quote:
I am moving from Arizona which is not a gun registry state to Alabama. my question is simply; is Alabama a state that requires you to register your guns?
Nope! Unless you have full auto. Alabama is a Gun friendly State.
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:39   #8
mossy500camo
ammo found

[QUOTE=therealtwitch;14366411]I will be working on fort rucker. so I am looking for a place in dothan, enterprise, or ozark.QUOTE]

Just remember that far down is WAR EAGLE country!
Old 12-18-2009, 18:51   #9
FM12
I need AMMO!

Humidity is not your friend!! You'll find that out this summer (begins around April, usually)
I have a friend John Mitchell in the car business in that section of the state, sells Nissans, etc.
Old 12-18-2009, 20:15   #10
therealtwitch

I am moving from phoenix. so it was very hot. but with the humidity in Alabama I am glad I carry in horse hide. After looking at houses on craigslist to get a feel for things I am starting to really get excited.

but what is war eagle country?
Old 12-18-2009, 20:27   #11
engineer151515

Quote:
I am moving from phoenix. so it was very hot. but with the humidity in Alabama I am glad I carry in horse hide. After looking at houses on craigslist to get a feel for things I am starting to really get excited.

but what is war eagle country?
The great State of Alabama has a internal football rivalry between Auburn University and the University of Alabama.

"War Eagle" is a reference to the Auburn football team - The Auburn Tigers.
(Tigers ... Eagle ... yeah, they know)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Eagle

"Bama", "Crimson Tide" or just "Tide" would refer to the Alabama football team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Crimson_Tide
Old 12-18-2009, 21:30   #12
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

You can get a jump start and join in on the team that is at top right now if you pull for the University of Alabama Crimson Tide.
Old 12-19-2009, 13:00   #13
therealtwitch

you got to be kidding me I lived in texas for a few years and had to avoid the whole texas vs texas a&m battle. now its the same old war with new teams. now I have to pick one and buy a hat and sweat shirt so I have the appropriate Alabama camouflage.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:14   #14
mossy500camo
ammo found

Quote:
you got to be kidding me I lived in texas for a few years and had to avoid the whole texas vs texas a&m battle. now its the same old war with new teams. now I have to pick one and buy a hat and sweat shirt so I have the appropriate Alabama camouflage.
yup! War Eagle!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:56   #15
therealtwitch

I guess this is true. I have a friend who married a woman from Ozark, and the other day she posted go alabama on her facebook (to be a fair weather fan) and every friend she had turned on her till she took it down. yall (practicing my slang) are ruthless about your football teams
Old 12-20-2009, 09:01   #16
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

welcome to Alabama.

im from Ohio so i dont care who gets beat when Auburn and Alabama play...makes me nuetral i guess.

p.s. we have all the heat of arizona but you'll need gills to breath in the summer time what with all the humidity.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:49   #17
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Quote:
i guess this is true. I have a friend who married a woman from ozark, and the other day she posted go alabama on her facebook (to be a fair weather fan) and every friend she had turned on her till she took it down. Yall (practicing my slang) are ruthless about your football teams
y'all
Old 12-21-2009, 08:50   #18
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Quote:
One benefit to being an Auburn fan I guess....you can always put the hat on the dashboard and park in the handicap zones

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 12-21-2009 at 17:07..
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:03   #19
therealtwitch

sorry Y'ALL. and hey I aint gonna dare wear a long horns hat, or an ASU hat when I get there. this will be the first time I have ever lived in a state with out its own NFL team though.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24   #20
mossy500camo
ammo found

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
One benefit to being an Auburn fan I guess....you can always put the hat on the dashboard and park in teh handicap zones
But the "Nut House" for the mentally Challanged and insane is in Tuscaloosa. =-P

Nuts & Elephants go hand in hand. =-)

Last edited by mossy500camo; 12-23-2009 at 17:04..