SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2009, 00:32   #1
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
What Jumpbag do you carry in your POV?!?!?

I got my bag from Galls. Don't see it on their website now. Has 4x4s, roller gauze, band-aids, et cetera.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 21:37   #2
miked36258

gloves and cpr mask only
Old 10-01-2009, 09:42   #3
MedicOni

For use on other people? Nothing. Now my Jeep does have a survival type kit that is pretty well stocked, mainly because I take it out for 2-3 days at a time in the middle of nowhere, but I don't stop for wrecks, and if someone needs help, that's why I carry a cellphone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NR-P, NM EMT-P, TX, EMT-P, FP-C
MedicOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 15:18   #4
D25
The Quick

Gloves and mask only.

"i puke real regular. it's healthy. three or four times a year probably. good to get your innards out and warshmoff...." -mitchshrader
D25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:43   #5
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicOni View Post
For use on other people? Nothing. Now my Jeep does have a survival type kit that is pretty well stocked, mainly because I take it out for 2-3 days at a time in the middle of nowhere, but I don't stop for wrecks, and if someone needs help, that's why I carry a cellphone
Same here. I've got my own survival/blow-out kit for me and anybody else with me but other than that I don't have anything!
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 18:36   #6
Resqu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
I got my bag from Galls. Don't see it on their website now. Has 4x4s, roller gauze, band-aids, et cetera.....
By the time I put my turn out gear bag, SCBA Mask and rope bag in my single cab truck there is just enough room for me to get in it, no room for another bag but it is a good idea though.
Old 10-03-2009, 14:03   #7
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resqu2 View Post
By the time I put my turn out gear bag, SCBA Mask and rope bag in my single cab truck there is just enough room for me to get in it, no room for another bag but it is a good idea though.
Our department all gear stays at the station, except for chief officers. Everyone else goes to the station and responds by apparatus to ALL calls. And yes, I really HAVE had to drive by a worker to get to the station.....

In our EMS Council, we are covered as EMS providers if we stop to help at ANY scene within the region. They set it up that way because our Fire Training Captain and our Training Lieutenant in the County are Medics and our EMS training Captain is an EMTB. They drive County vehicles that are equipped within State guidelines for their level of training. The best solution arrived at by the Council was just to say ANY EMS provider from the Council is covered to provide assistance at a sceene ANYWHERE in the Region. {Six counties and six cities.} The caveat is that a CSEMS Region Agency MUST be dispatched for the call. I would be calling before I left the vehicle, or making sure some bystanders were. The other restriction is that the PROVIDER must be serving with good satanding with a CSEMS Region Agency, too.

Otherwise, in Virginia, we are only able to deliver BLS and Basic First Aid care.

Scott

Old 10-03-2009, 19:38   #8
Resqu2

Quote:
Our department all gear stays at the station, except for chief officers. Everyone else goes to the station and responds by apparatus to ALL calls. And yes, I really HAVE had to drive by a worker to get to the station.....
I know of several dept's. that work this way, our big problem is during the day, I am blessed with a job that allows me to leave work to answer calls but I don't always have the time it takes to go to the station and ride a truck, I would be gone much longer from work and that might get old to them, don't want to push my luck if you know what I mean.

Here lately it seems that only a few members will show up for day calls, all our upper officers have day jobs and day time calls are slim picking when it comes to getting any help.
Old 10-04-2009, 17:14   #9
Frmboybuck
***** medic

StatPack is what I carry. I like it alot
Frmboybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 21:27   #10
Medic3166

I think mine is a Dyna-Med bag, in subdued black. Nice small size, and carries pretty much anything the bigger bags carry, with the exception of an O2 tank.
Medic3166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 00:40   #11
sphillips45

At my dept , I allow all members to carry there turn out gear with them . Some of our guys respond pov . I do not have a jumbbag in my pov cause always roll one of our trucks to any call we have , i live about 2 miles from the station . I leave all my gear at the station, during the day only myself and 2 others answer the calls . Most of our members work out of the area , If it is a working fire we have 2 other depts that will back us up , one is about 8 miles from our station.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom
J-Frame Snubbie Club # 442/The 21 Club # 0024/Sub Club # 226
sphillips45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:13   #12
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphillips45 View Post
At my dept , I allow all members to carry there turn out gear with them . Some of our guys respond pov . I do not have a jumbbag in my pov cause always roll one of our trucks to any call we have , i live about 2 miles from the station . I leave all my gear at the station, during the day only myself and 2 others answer the calls . Most of our members work out of the area , If it is a working fire we have 2 other depts that will back us up , one is about 8 miles from our station.

We've always had it set up for members to respond to the station so we don't end up with an engine rolling out with just a DPO and then getting to the scene and NO ONE is there. Just the way we decided to do it.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:51   #13
sphillips45

We have done it that way for the last 17 yrs and we have never had a problem.
Old 10-11-2009, 19:02   #14
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphillips45 View Post
We have done it that way for the last 17 yrs and we have never had a problem.
Oh, not criticizing your company at all. Every agency has things they do differently from someone else.

Old 10-11-2009, 19:05   #15
sphillips45

Quote:
Oh, not criticizing your company at all. Every agency has things they do differently from someone else.

No problem never thought you were criticizing our dept .
Old 11-02-2009, 08:27   #16
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Mine is kind of the general purpose kit.

Outdoor brand duffel with: flashlight, a few pairs of gloves, CPR mask, basic trauma stuff, scissors, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, duct tape.
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43   #17
dan1leg

Quote:
Ziplock Sandwhich Bag with 1 pair gloves, one band aid, foil blanket, and small milspec field bandage.

Less is more!!!! I need all the rest of my space for my BOB bag and the kids crap.

(Thats after 15 years of EMS,6 yrs on a Helicopter)

DAN
Old 11-08-2009, 09:58   #18
Westicle
Canadian... Eh

Send a message via MSN to Westicle

I have a small one that just carries the basics, pocket mask and gloves and enough supplies to handle a major bleed or airway problem on a single patient... but usually I have a tactical tailor one in there also but it goes with me to work, so always have lots of supplies.
Big Dawg, 10 Ring,Sub-Compact, Niner, Wheelhouse and Rimfire Club #403
I am not Anti-American, I am Pro-Canadian
Westicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 21:08   #19
BrianJ786
Taking cover

Gloves and CPR mask. I keep a small personal first aid kit that's there for myself.
BrianJ786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 00:48   #20
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

I carry a LA Rescue first responder bag fully stocked with basic BLS gear, plus a D cylinder O2.This is standard equipement for our rural VFD.