GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 22:18   #1
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy
 
Joshhtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,238


The best grips ever!!

I'm Glad Talon Grips has it's own forum now!!

Best grips and customer service ever!!... Keep up the good work D!

Talon Grips
__________________
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
***CHECK OUT MY EBAY STORE FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED-***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:40   #2
Conrad559
Senior Member
 
Conrad559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 238
u ever carry that G22? does the "grip tape" eat at your hip (from carrying) or your hand (from prolonged shooting)?
Conrad559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:38   #3
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy
 
Joshhtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,238


Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad559 View Post
u ever carry that G22? does the "grip tape" eat at your hip (from carrying) or your hand (from prolonged shooting)?

While it is not my main carry piece, I have carried it MANY times... The Talon Grip tape is much easier on the skin than normal skateboard tape IMO, but still has plenty of grip... Never been rubbed raw like I have with skateboard tape and never a problem with prolonged shooting either.

Great grips at a great price.

Talon Grips
__________________
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
***CHECK OUT MY EBAY STORE FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED-***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:03   #4
Glock940
Senior Member
 
Glock940's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 567
I agree with both of ya's. They are really nice seeing that I have them on two of my Glocks, but you really need to wear an t-shirt or under-shirt under you shirt. They scratched the hell out of my side. To each his own I guess.
__________________
"How soon we forget history...Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. And, like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

- quoted by George Washington
Glock940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 21:24   #5
Conrad559
Senior Member
 
Conrad559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 238
ordered a set
Conrad559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:30   #6
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy
 
Joshhtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,238


Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad559 View Post
ordered a set

You won't be disappointed!
__________________
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
***CHECK OUT MY EBAY STORE FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED-***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:56   #7
olblutrk66
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mtns of Idaho
Posts: 71
Ordered mine this mornin, cant wait to get em!
__________________
When they say the militia no longer exists, Simply stand up and say, " IM STILL HERE"

G23
olblutrk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 14:11   #8
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy
 
Joshhtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,238


Quote:
Originally Posted by olblutrk66 View Post
Ordered mine this mornin, cant wait to get em!

That will make a nice Christmas gift for yourself!!

You'll love em!
__________________
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
***CHECK OUT MY EBAY STORE FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED-***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 21:15   #9
Omikron
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
While it is not my main carry piece, I have carried it MANY times... The Talon Grip tape is much easier on the skin than normal skateboard tape IMO, but still has plenty of grip... Never been rubbed raw like I have with skateboard tape and never a problem with prolonged shooting either.

Great grips at a great price.
It may not feel as abrasive as other skateboard tape you've tried, but it definitely IS skateboard tape.

I just installed mine on my 19 and 26 today and the paper backing has the "Black Widow" logo printed all across it, much like the way "3M" is printed on the back of their sandpapers. You can buy large sheets of the stuff online for $3 to $4 a sheet, but you're not going to get the same precision look as the Talon grips with a pair of scissors.

Is it worth it? I would say that for most people it is. Even though $4 for a large sheet may seem like a fraction of what you're paying from Talon grips, I would say that convenience of having a nicely cut grip specific for your frame has some value. Overall, I'd say $10 shipped is the sweet spot for something like this. Any less, and it would be hard to justify building a business model out of it and making these available to people. Any more, and it's hard to justify the value.

Overall this seems like a good buy.

As a side note, I will say that the grips arrived in a standard letter envelope via First Class mail in reasonable time. Unfortunately, the postal service must have dropped my mail into a snowbank or something because my envelope was soaked through. I let it try and used the heat method when installing them, but I'll have to see how it holds up with exposure to water prior to installation.
__________________
.-=Omikron=-.

Glock Certified Armorer

Last edited by D445547; 12-25-2009 at 21:52..
Omikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 21:55   #10
D445547
GT Sponsor
 
D445547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CO
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
It may not feel as abrasive as other skateboard tape you've tried, but it definitely IS skateboard tape.

I just installed mine on my 19 and 26 today and the paper backing has the "Black Widow" logo printed all across it, much like the way "3M" is printed on the back of their sandpapers. You can buy large sheets of the stuff online for $3 to $4 a sheet, but you're not going to get the same precision look as the Talon grips with a pair of scissors.

Is it worth it? I would say that for most people it is. Even though $4 for a large sheet may seem like a fraction of what you're paying from Talon grips, I would say that convenience of having a nicely cut grip specific for your frame has some value. Overall, I'd say $10 shipped is the sweet spot for something like this. Any less, and it would be hard to justify building a business model out of it and making these available to people. Any more, and it's hard to justify the value.

Overall this seems like a good buy.

As a side note, I will say that the grips arrived in a standard letter envelope via First Class mail in reasonable time. Unfortunately, the postal service must have dropped my mail into a snowbank or something because my envelope was soaked through. I let it try and used the heat method when installing them, but I'll have to see how it holds up with exposure to water prior to installation.
Let me know if there are any problems with these unfortunately "soaked" grips. I will make it right ASAP!

P.S. I did not edit the above post, although it says I did. I meant to reply to it but hit the "edit" button. After typing and posting the reply I realized what I did and had to erase it than post as a reply.

I got to get used to my own forum I guess.
__________________
D
Firearms Instructor/ Glock and Colt Armorer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
D445547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 23:00   #11
Omikron
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by D445547 View Post
Let me know if there are any problems with these unfortunately "soaked" grips. I will make it right ASAP!

P.S. I did not edit the above post, although it says I did. I meant to reply to it but hit the "edit" button. After typing and posting the reply I realized what I did and had to erase it than post as a reply.

I got to get used to my own forum I guess.
Thanks for the support D! It still seemed tacky when I applied it and I'd be surprised if the water affected it too much, but I'll continue monitoring it. Have you had anything like this happen yet?

No worries about the edit. :-)
__________________
.-=Omikron=-.

Glock Certified Armorer
Omikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 00:13   #12
D445547
GT Sponsor
 
D445547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CO
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
Thanks for the support D! It still seemed tacky when I applied it and I'd be surprised if the water affected it too much, but I'll continue monitoring it. Have you had anything like this happen yet?

No worries about the edit. :-)
I have never had anything happen like this that I am aware of. The only thing that came close was when I used to ship the alcohol pad unpackaged. One customer wrote and said the alcohol swab got squished and leaked on the grip but said it was no big deal. Big enough deal for me, I spent the extra money and started packaging the swabs that day, no problems since.
__________________
D
Firearms Instructor/ Glock and Colt Armorer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by D445547; 12-26-2009 at 00:21..
D445547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 17:31   #13
olblutrk66
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mtns of Idaho
Posts: 71
My grips showed up today, very nice fit and great service to boot......Thanx, David
__________________
When they say the militia no longer exists, Simply stand up and say, " IM STILL HERE"

G23
olblutrk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 18:39   #14
D445547
GT Sponsor
 
D445547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CO
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblutrk66 View Post
My grips showed up today, very nice fit and great service to boot......Thanx, David

Thanks David, I appreciate that.
__________________
D
Firearms Instructor/ Glock and Colt Armorer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
D445547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:17   #15
buddah
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 779
Send a message via AIM to buddah Send a message via Yahoo to buddah
Are you going to make these grips for other guns like polymer kahr's or HK-P2000?
buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:00   #16
D445547
GT Sponsor
 
D445547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CO
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
Are you going to make these grips for other guns like polymer kahr's or HK-P2000?
Yes indeed!
__________________
D
Firearms Instructor/ Glock and Colt Armorer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
D445547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 19:09   #17
clfarr72
Member
 
clfarr72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 32
How about where the strips for the front strap meet the side? Anyone had any problems with the tape starting to peel or anything?
__________________
Life is a hella of a thing to happen to a person...

Glock 19 rtf
Glock 26
clfarr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:16   #18
abedwards1978
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chandler Arizona
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
I'm Glad Talon Grips has it's own forum now!!

Best grips and customer service ever!!... Keep up the good work D!

Talon Grips

How did you the white lettering on your glock?
abedwards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:19   #19
abedwards1978
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chandler Arizona
Posts: 19
great grips!!
abedwards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:22   #20
abedwards1978
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chandler Arizona
Posts: 19
i am new to this but how did you get your letters white on your glock?
abedwards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:55.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,568
374 Members
1,194 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42