Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2009, 13:36   #1
beachpatrol

Unusual G22 I have

I am new to this site but I have some good experience with Glocks as an armorer for my Department. I went as far as to ask the Master Instructor of my last Glock armorer class and he said he had not seen it before. I came across this G22 in a private sale. It's an older G22 with an ABU prefix, but what made me buy it was the lack of serrations on the right side of the slide. Anyone ever seen this before? Any information would be appreciated. I have asked a few times in the Glock forum on AR15.com and was accused of photo shopping the picture. I assure you this is not the case. Thanks. I'll post pictures in a few minutes, I can't figure out how to cut and paste the link on this damn apple computer.

Glock Collector's Club
Glock Collector's Club

Last edited by beachpatrol; 10-28-2009 at 18:45.. Reason: Trying to add pictures.
beachpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 20:09   #2
beachpatrol

What happened to my post?
Old 10-30-2009, 22:32   #3
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC

welcome to GT !!!!!!
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 13:02   #4
birdaug

Post it again.
birdaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 21:07   #5
DriBak
GUNS UP

Waiting for pics also
Old 11-02-2009, 16:10   #6
Singlestack Wonder

Holster wear??
Old 11-03-2009, 03:24   #7
bigj480
CLM Number 36
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachpatrol View Post
What happened to my post?
When the box comes up for you to enter the URL you want to link to, it already has the http portion in place. You pasted the full address with another http:// and it meesed up your link. Here come links to pics of your gun:

PIC 1
PIC 2
PIC 3
PIC 4

Looks like the slide was refinished to me. I don't think it left the factory like that.
bigj480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 16:19   #8
MorpheusGPR

Interesting, its just on the right side?
MorpheusGPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:05   #9
crushproof

wonder if more valuable like that.....like a double headed nickel misprint
Old 11-25-2009, 19:36   #10
beachpatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusGPR View Post
Interesting, its just on the right side?
Yup just on the right side, the left is serrated. Talked to local glock rep said he's never seen anything like it. Now I'm just looking for a first generation G17 to go with it.
Old 12-17-2009, 13:48   #11
SiGlockBoy

Very odd. I seen and sold many and never saw one like that in any model. Id say you got a Friday gun that missed the QC persons eyes. Can't think of any reasons why someone ould request such an odd version either.

Finish is a little lighter than older ones I've seen. I wonder if someone welded and recoated for giggles. Still don't know why they would.
SiGlockBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:52   #12
NCHornet

Very strange indeed, I have seen thousands of Glocks but nothing like that. Did you purchase this gun brand new? Is there a chance it has a aftermarket slide on it? It must be a mistake, why would you want serrations on one side and not the other? Doesn't make sense. May be valuable?? I would at least contact Glock and see what they have to say about it. Keep us updated.

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away!!!
NCHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 18:33   #13
crazyrec12
cornbread

Crazy ! The slide does look redone ...not saying it was you just the color is so light
crazyrec12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 18:30   #14
Marlowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachpatrol View Post
I am new to this site but I have some good experience with Glocks as an armorer for my Department. I went as far as to ask the Master Instructor of my last Glock armorer class and he said he had not seen it before. I came across this G22 in a private sale. It's an older G22 with an ABU prefix, but what made me buy it was the lack of serrations on the right side of the slide. Anyone ever seen this before? Any information would be appreciated. I have asked a few times in the Glock forum on AR15.com and was accused of photo shopping the picture. I assure you this is not the case. Thanks. I'll post pictures in a few minutes, I can't figure out how to cut and paste the link on this damn apple computer.

Glock Collector's Club
Glock Collector's Club
I looked at the pictures...I have certainly never heard or seen of such a thing. The one thing about Glocks is that there isn't much change in the design over the years...the differences between the "Generations" isn't all that much. Significant mechanical change hasn't occurred until the "Gen 4" Glock 22, particularly the new recoil spring.

I doubt it's a special run. And certainly, Glock wouldn't make just one gun that was so radically different from the standard product.

So, unless this is an amazing QC issue that slipped through the factory (which I doubt), my guess would be a previous owner modified the weapon in this way for reasons that totally escape me.

So, all I can do is speculate. The only thing I can think of is that the person who had the serrations removed may have carried the weapon close to the body on the left side, perhaps IWB, and found the serrations irritating. If that's the case, it would have been a lot cheaper to buy a holster designed to shield that part of the gun from the body. The only other thing I can think of is that the serrations were removed on that slide to eradicate some other flaw. Be interesting to see what others come up with here.

Have you found the absence of serrations on that side of the slide make it more difficult to manually cyle the slide?
Old 02-18-2010, 18:38   #15
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

Outstanding, truly a unique Glock.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G19Tony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:42   #16
bayshtyshorty

thats frickin' cool...I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!
~Grandpa Fred~
bayshtyshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:48   #17
itsgottabeapit

Send a message via AIM to itsgottabeapit
Someone could have filled in the serations and had the pistol refinished to try to pass it off as a rare unique collectors item to make a profit. I've seen this kind of thing happen on other forums I've been a member of in the past (I'm not accusing you)

I just can't see it getting past quality control. Even the cut away guns has the rear cocking serations as far as I remember.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26   #18
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Glock Collector's Club

I would keep that Glock.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:49   #19
Goodspeed(TPF)

That's looks like it's been "photoshopped". How about some more (higher resolution) pics from different angles in different light? Or better yet, video.

Last edited by Goodspeed(TPF); 02-20-2010 at 12:57..
Goodspeed(TPF) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 22:44   #20
anyplainjoe
Nobody special.

if they were milled off, we'd see a big difference in depth where the serations meet the logo.