GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-22-2009, 13:21   #21
fredj338

Sticky! Much easier for the newbs that haven't already found these places. BTW, add Widener's to the list for primers & bullets.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:56   #22
bno762

another vote for sticky!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:57   #23
Pook-60

Howdy

[URL]http://www.oncefiredbrass.net/[/URL] has been great for used brass. Comes to you clean and he's "generous" on the actual amount shipped.

Dane
Pook-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14   #24
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Not sure how many of you like plastic ammo boxes, but if you're not fond of MTM for whatever reason, I've used these w/ good results.

http://www.jandjproducts.com/
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:23   #25
squirreld

+1 for the sticky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Part 1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Part 2
squirreld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 19:06   #26
vote Republican
White and nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockSupremacy View Post
I vote for a sticky!
No need to vote

done
Old 08-23-2009, 19:12   #27
thePirho

Thanks for the sticky.
TX CHL, 17c with Houge Slip-On, extended slide release,mag release, glockmeister SS guide rod 22lb spring. Sig P6 with pacymyer grips, Sig 226 with houge grips in 9mm 357 40S&W, Beretta INOX Vertec 9mm, and
thePirho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 19:39   #28
oldelectrician

Natchez and powder valley is where I get most of my supplies. Are you reloading for your Glock? If so, remember to stick with jacketed or plated bullets unless you change to an aftermarket barrel. I loaded a lot of plated bullets before I started using an auto progressive press. On my progressive I had a little trouble with the plated bullets deforming slightly when seating. Jacketed bullets seem to seat without a problem. I like to buy jacketed bullets directly from Montana Gold.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06   #29
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

The links in the first post.. You really need to edit them out.. Quite a few of them just go to Kempf, despite showing they should go elsewhere. Not sure how that happened, but all you need to do is copy/paste the URL in the edit, you don't need to use the URL feature.

The first 3 sections are good... The last 3, there's about 1 or 2, that doesn't go to Kempf.

Do you work for Kempf?..
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 08-26-2009 at 09:09..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 14:55   #30
thePirho

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
The links in the first post.. You really need to edit them out.. Quite a few of them just go to Kempf, despite showing they should go elsewhere. Not sure how that happened, but all you need to do is copy/paste the URL in the edit, you don't need to use the URL feature.

The first 3 sections are good... The last 3, there's about 1 or 2, that doesn't go to Kempf.

Do you work for Kempf?..

I dont use the URL feature it does that on its own. Ill go through and recheck them all.

EDIT

All fixed as far as I know
TX CHL, 17c with Houge Slip-On, extended slide release,mag release, glockmeister SS guide rod 22lb spring. Sig P6 with pacymyer grips, Sig 226 with houge grips in 9mm 357 40S&W, Beretta INOX Vertec 9mm, and

Last edited by thePirho; 08-26-2009 at 14:59..
Old 08-26-2009, 18:18   #31
Colorado4Wheel

Midway USA sells the products in every category. Presses, primers, powders, you name it they sell it.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:56   #32
G36_Me

Ordered my bullets

just bought .45 ACP bullets from Roze Distribution, 1000 rounds. their code: R118-A

i did a bunch of research and they won based upon a site that tallied what competition shooters were using.

Roze says 4-6 week delivery is what I should expect.
Glock Professional Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Last edited by G36_Me; 09-02-2009 at 18:54.. Reason: Added Title
G36_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 19:55   #33
G36_Me

Got my bullets

Got my Zero #118 230 gr LRN from Roze Distribution today. Very nice looking bullets. Unfortunately, I had to change 2 variables tonight when I reloaded: 1) the bullet (to the Zero brand from the Vance brand) and the powder, from Unique to WW231. I'll being going to the range tomorrow to test my new reloads.

A note on the Zero #118 bullet, seemed to have a bit less in diameter than the Vance 230 gr LRN bullet.

A question on the powder: I loaded 4.7 grains of WW231 (range from the Hodgdon Powder Company web site was 4.3 to 5.3). My only concern from searching the web was many people seemed to be loading much higher than 4.7 and above 5.3 grains. I'll see how they shoot and report back. Will be shooting them in my G36.
Old 09-02-2009, 18:53   #34
G36_Me

Shot the bullets

Went to the range. The new bullets and load worked 100%. They loaded, shot and extracted perfectly. The load was lite. Way less kick than factory ball and less than my normal 4.1 gr of Bullseye. I will reload more with the same formula as the accuracy seemed right on.

[original post early Sept. edit done Sept 29.
Just ordered another 1000 of same bullet. For my Glock 36 (.45 Auto) there is no leading. The uniformity and quality of the bullet is excellent. Only change to my load is had to switch to WW231 cause no Bullseye on the shelf.
MY Disclaimer: use only approved information from official sources. FYI, I am currently using 5.0 gr of 231 at this time.)

Last edited by G36_Me; 09-29-2009 at 06:03.. Reason: update information
Old 09-04-2009, 11:38   #35
Maninmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak Reloading

Do you work for Kempf?..
Indy are you sure it wasn't your computer that day. I didn't noticed any problem. I have been down the whole list 2 times.
Maninmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43   #36
Maninmirror

Primers:
www.cabelas.com
www.powdervalleyinc.com/
www.grafs.com/
www.midwayusa.com/
www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

This is incomplete. Did you want to leave it that way?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23   #37
thePirho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maninmirror View Post
Primers:
www.cabelas.com
www.powdervalleyinc.com/
www.grafs.com/
www.midwayusa.com/
www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

This is incomplete. Did you want to leave it that way?
Well who do I need to add, it isn't very helpful if you tell me I did something wrong and don't help it fix it.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36   #38
Maninmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePirho View Post
Well who do I need to add, it isn't very helpful if you tell me I did something wrong and don't help it fix it.
At least

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278
http://www.sinclairintl.com/
http://www.rrarms.com/
http://www.gamaliel.com/

I believe these are all active companies. I know for sure Sinclairs and wideners are.
Old 09-04-2009, 13:03   #39
thePirho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maninmirror View Post
At least

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278
http://www.sinclairintl.com/
http://www.rrarms.com/
http://www.gamaliel.com/

I believe these are all active companies. I know for sure Sinclairs and wideners are.
Cool, thanks for the other links I'll try to add them now from my iPhone if not I'll do it later when I get off work. Do they all sell only
primers or other catgories as well?
Old 09-04-2009, 14:01   #40
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

http://twoalphabullets.com/

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote