Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:45   #1301
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

My doc was pretty cool this morning.

When I woke up this morning I noticed it was later than I expected to be woke up. My doc explained that a rain front had rolled in and he thought he'd leave me knocked out until it got here at least.

Thanks doc!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:02   #1302
okie
GT Mayor

Hiya LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:20   #1303
tbhracing

^^^ Okie is in love. Thats cool.
tbhracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:28   #1304
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
You know 23Skidoo, Iím starting to wonder about youÖ.. I mean, any guy who would want anything to do with me right now has GOT to have snakes in his headÖ..

NO!!!

I know youíre right. I need to start talking about this crap inside me again. I can tell thereís still a bunch that needs to come out. I just donít want to. I donít want to think about it, donít want to face it, donít want to feel it. I know itís going to come out before long, and what a bad idea it is to stuff it away and pretend itís not there.

Iíve always been one to think about something until I understand and then I can find the place for it in my mind where it fits. Thatís just my way of making peace with things that happen in my life. To me at least, this is major enough that I need to give myself a little time to sort it all out in my mind. Once I do that Iíll hopefully really accept everything about it, whether I like it or not. These last few days Iíve tried to push it aside a lot to give myself a break, but itís still there waiting and makes sure I know it. This part of me is nothing new, Iíve always had to pick things apart and analyze them. I guess thatís why I went into working on computers.

But I wonít be thinking about it tonight, Iíll be sleeping. Night everyone, Iíve off the see the veterinarian.
You needn't worry about me ma'am; no snakes in the noggin. Gentle ones my dear.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:07   #1305
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Hiya LW honey
Hiya sweetie. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhracing View Post
^^^ Okie is in love. Thats cool.
Nope, just a friend. Now if I looked like SouthernGal he might fall in love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
You needn't worry about me ma'am; no snakes in the noggin. Gentle ones my dear.
You sure about that? And you sure you don't mind the snakes in mine?

Glad those are gentle, it's been a long rainy day here. I knew it was going to be a bad one when my doctor left me asleep for an extra hour and a half because he said his elbow was really barking at him bad this morning.

I would have never known just HOW MUCH MUD a half inch of rain could make....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-17-2009, 14:21   #1306
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Okie Memorial Area
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 14:21   #1307
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 11-17-2009, 14:22   #1308
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 11-17-2009, 14:22   #1309
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Okie Memorial Area

Old 11-17-2009, 14:23   #1310
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeorge View Post
Okie Memorial Area
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 14:50   #1311
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
[/IMG]

Cuuuute! Now do me a favor and hold a Siameeesie upo to the monitor so I can scratch his head.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-17-2009, 14:54   #1312
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Cuuuute! Now do me a favor and hold a Siameeesie upo to the monitor so I can scratch his head.

Okie Memorial Area

Old 11-17-2009, 14:59   #1313
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Where did you find that one? I hope he likes the bridge of his nose rubbed like kitties I've had do.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-17-2009, 17:24   #1314
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hi LW. I tried attaching a photo of my Himilayan, Reagan. I don't know if it will work, but try touching the attachment "paper clip." She is just so dear and I have tried copy and paste without it working.
I hope you are doing as well as you sound. It is very encouraging, dear friend. We are not going to stop praying, though.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell

Last edited by Glock26girl; 02-25-2012 at 01:09..
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 17:38   #1315
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Where did you find that one? I hope he likes the bridge of his nose rubbed like kitties I've had do.
Google. I cheated.

Old 11-17-2009, 18:39   #1316
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Well, as a software engineer, I understand where you're coming from. But we ain't talking 1's and 0's here, we're talking human.

You need to realize that you may never get all the answers you want. So you need to look at some things and acknowledge that and move on. Why you lived through those first hours and days is one of those things. You did. Let the why's and how's go, and move on with what you can solve.

And that is also a part of the analyzing, just not one that sits well in our 1 and 0 digital world.

Hawk
You and Critias are right, I do overthink it a bit. But not because I expect to find answer to impossible questions, but to make enough sense of it that I can accept both the known and unknown. So with that in mind Iíve still been letting that bounce around my head for a few days. Not that I could have pushed it away forever even if I tried.

I know Iíll never really know why Iím still here, not completely anyway. Some combination of me, a medic, and some doctors and nurses not giving up, a lot of luck, and maybe God has something in mind for me. Hell, maybe the devil just isnít ready for me yet! I hope to someday discover the reason I was kept here, hopefully to do something worthwhile. I also hope that Iíll start really being glad I got through those hours and days somehow. Given time I may.

Quote:
Nobody mashes a chest for four hours straight without some kind of a sign that the mashee is responding somehow. In other words, you were fighting then, you just needed a lot of help - which he gave you - as did the doctors and nurses later. While your body might have had problems, you mind was still in the battle, or he'd have quit.

And what makes you such a superwoman that you're not allowed the normal human reactions to what has happened to you? Everybody feels like curling up in a ball and giving up when bad things happen. Some even do for a short time, then get back in the fight.

Winners are not those who never loose. Winners are those who keep getting up after being knocked down. Winners even think to themselves, "If I just lay here, this'll be over." Then they get up.

The negative thoughts and temptations are a normal reaction to what you have gone through. The questions are normal.

You remind me of something that happened with my daughter when she was younger. She wanted a cat, and me, being a dog person, didn't want anything to do with a cat in the house. So I told her she could get a cat if she earned enough money to get it spayed and declawed. That said, dad goes off to work confident that he has solved the problem without saying "no."

So my daughter goes out hunting jobs - raking leaves, whatever, determined to get her cat.

Dad comes home from work a couple of days later and there sits Snowball, declawed, neutered, and making friends with the dogs. A lady my daughter asked for work asked why such a little girl (grown she's 5') was trying to earn money. And gave her a cat that fit the rules dad had laid down. We had her for 13 years.

The point of the story (aside not trying to outthink kids) is that she didn't take the expected route, but she got where she was going anyway. Just the same as you have. You might not have gotten where you are by the "expected" route, but you got there. Accept it, enjoy it and move on from there. As Critias said, you can way overthink the situation.

Hawk

Snowball.
You know, I spent most of the last 11 months thinking the same thing Silent_Runner voiced on this, that I or my body had essentially given up and had to be forced back until the doctors were able to get me stabilized. But you have a point here, I had to respond, even if just for short periods of time to give the medic reason to mash some more the next time my heart quit. When it first hit me that my life had been in the hands of man and machine I just accepted that I had been 100% reliant on both to still be alive. Maybe thatís not quite the case and I was only 95% reliant on them. Not that it really matters, I needed them and that was the realization I needed to come to and it hit me like a huge baseball bat when I did. My Louisville Slugger or Easton couldnít compare. I really think that was the first big hurdle I had to overcome, and so did my shrink. Iím still not sleeping much on my off nights. (Itís 0300 now) But Iím not having the same damn recurring nightmare that was so bad I woke crying or screaming every time.

And I like your version.... it makes me feel just a bit less weak.

Iím still having nightmares, but theyíre different. I have hope that with the help of my shrink and all of you I can figure these out and get past them too. I know Iím still blocking things out, pushing them away. I was feeling really down today but just wouldnít let myself think about why. I know the pain from the injury being aggravated by cold and rain makes that worse, but I just remind myself that this first winter will be the worst. That was the case when I broke my leg years ago, so it had BETTER be the case now.

Well, faawrenchbndr tried to convince me Iím Wonder Woman, so why not? (BTW, faawrenchbndr, Iím still waiting on that PM) Maybe the reason Iím not ďallowingĒ myself these thoughts and feelings is I donít know whatís normal anymore. With most of my thoughts being negative itís hard to know whatís normal and whatís not. It doesnít help that the shrink I had when I first got here kept saying ďYou shouldnít feel that wayĒ. Or ďYou shouldnít be thinking things like that whenever I would tell him how I was feeling, especially when I told him about someone dying trying to get to me. As bad as I feel saying this I felt some relief when he died in May. I know thatís an awful thing to say.

When Iíve had bad things happen before Iíve ďcurled up in a ballĒ and wanted to quit, but never so badly or for so long. If itís really normal to feel this way then maybe that and the temptations will pass. I think a little bit has in the last couple weeks, but I still have a long ways to go. I sure donít feel normal.

I must say that I donít quite understand your analogy with your daughter, at least not yet. It may come to me yet. But she did think it out and think it out well. I really enjoyed reading this and how she worked for what she wanted. And Snowball was a beautiful cat who had a life with someone who really wanted and appreciated him. Please donít take offense but I thought Silent_Runnerís comment about ďshowing youĒ was funny. I think you raised her well.

One thing I get from what she did though is instead of just accepting that you didnít want a cat she ďoverthoughtĒ it and figured out a way.

back

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-17-2009, 18:45   #1317
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

"a bright and shimmering star in a dark, dreary sky"

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 11-17-2009 at 19:10..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 19:08   #1318
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Okie Memorial Area
So, is that a cute seal pup nuzzling Mom?

Or did the pup kill Mom and is getting ready to eat her?

Old 11-17-2009, 22:06   #1319
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
...Winners are not those who never loose. Winners are those who keep getting up after being knocked down. Winners even think to themselves, "If I just lay here, this'll be over." Then they get up.
Well said.

LW, it sounds like the part that scares you the most is the part where someone else could have chosen to quit, and your 5% or 10% wouldn't have been enough to pull you through on your own.

And I don't have a better answer for that then the insane/beautiful thing that is the human experience. Fact is, we depend on other people to do right by us, to some degree, every day. Anyone who has been out under the knife for some complex surgery has had that experience in which their survival depended on someone else doing their job well. Every time we hit the highway our survival depends on a combination of our defensive driving and everyone else's driving skills.

At some point, it would drive us nuts to think of all the things that someone else could do to punch our ticket, though, and you just have to trust that "The universe is unfolding as it should." You do the best you can with the things that are within your "sphere of control" and let the other things take care of themselves.

Probably easier to say that to do, however...
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 22:40   #1320
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  1. Doesn't have snakes in his own head........
  2. Isn't afraid of the snakes in my head..... is even helping me get rid of them..........
  3. Likes cats..........
  4. Seem to remember him proposing to me back in the ago..........

Works for me!
Okie Memorial Area

I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!