SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-09-2009, 15:59   #1626
Zonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
It's usually been taking around two weeks. It may get a little slower with Christmas coming.
Well, I got a box today mailed from Kuwait on 12/03 .

I'm worried the cookies for my 'girls' are going to be hard as rocks
Old 12-09-2009, 17:30   #1627
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Checking in.

: hugs:
Engineer151515 I saw your message before you took out the part about it turning cold where you are. When I started hurting real bad earlier and had to go see doc in a hurry I was convinced it was because of a rough but productive session with my sadistÖ.. err, I mean therapist today. Then I saw what you had written and wondered if I was having sympathy pains for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Well, I got a box today mailed from Kuwait on 12/03 .

I'm worried the cookies for my 'girls' are going to be hard as rocks
NO!!!!!!!!!!

Hey they'll still be better then the ones from the DFAC....

Well, we're finally finished with the installation, now I have a bit of configuration left before I call if a night. Or should I say call it a morning. It's 0330. My E-3 assistant was almost too polite. He must have called me Ma'am half a dozen times. I finally said "Look son, I appreciate the fact that you want to respect your elders, but I work for a living. And besides, my parents were married and both my conception and my birth!" He liked that. He also never said a word about having to put up with Bob Seger and Collective Soul playing for the first couple hours he was here, so I handed him my laptop and told him to pick the next album. Darn if he didn't pick one by Creedence!

It was really something to hear that whole monstrosity fire up for the first time. I was waiting for flight ops to call me wanting to know our approach vector.

I helped him more than I was supposed to and I can feel it, but he did the lion's share of the heavy stuff. He really did keep a good attitude about and I've already sent an email to his NCOIC to that effect. Or course he'll probably talk trash about me to his cohorts, but oh well. My doc knew what I was going to do so he gave me some Goodnight Gungadin pain meds for when I finished. I just took them so if I post anymore tonight it might qualify as drunk posting. Or is that stoned posting.... Good thing they're starting to take effect already.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 17:33   #1628
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Sweet,.......sounds like you will be all warm and cozy for Christmas!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 17:36   #1629
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Engineer151515 I saw your message before you took out the part about it turning cold where you are. When I started hurting real bad earlier and had to go see doc in a hurry I was convinced it was because of a rough but productive session with my sadistÖ.. err, I mean therapist today. Then I saw what you had written and wondered if I was having sympathy pains for you.

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Hey they'll still be better then the ones from the DFAC....

Well, we're finally finished with the installation, now I have a bit of configuration left before I call if a night. Or should I say call it a morning. It's 0330. My E-3 assistant was almost too polite. He must have called me Ma'am half a dozen times. I finally said "Look son, I appreciate the fact that you want to respect your elders, but I work for a living. And besides, my parents were married and both my conception and my birth!" He liked that. He also never said a word about having to put up with Bob Seger and Collective Soul playing for the first couple hours he was here, so I handed him my laptop and told him to pick the next album. Darn if he didn't pick one by Creedence!

It was really something to hear that whole monstrosity fire up for the first time. I was waiting for flight ops to call me wanting to know our approach vector.

I helped him more than I was supposed to and I can feel it, but he did the lion's share of the heavy stuff. He really did keep a good attitude about and I've already sent an email to his NCOIC to that effect. Or course he'll probably talk trash about me to his cohorts, but oh well. My doc knew what I was going to do so he gave me some Goodnight Gungadin pain meds for when I finished. I just took them so if I post anymore tonight it might qualify as drunk posting. Or is that stoned posting.... Good thing they're starting to take effect already.
"I tdancde with gurls. Gurls tdanced with me."

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 17:40   #1630
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
"I tdancde with gurls. Gurls tdanced with me."

CURSE YOU!!!! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME LAUGHT THAT HARD BEFORE THE PAIN MEDS KICKED ALL THE WAY In!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-09-2009, 17:44   #1631
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:

CURSE YOU!!!! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME LAUGHT THAT HARD BEFORE THE PAIN MEDS KICKED ALL THE WAY In!

I'm sorry. It popped right into my head the second I read about you posting stoned.....

Whatever happened to AOD?!?!? Anyone know?!?!? Wasn't it AOD?!?!?

Old 12-09-2009, 17:47   #1632
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm sorry. It popped right into my head the second I read about you posting stoned.....

Whatever happened to AOD?!?!? Anyone know?!?!? Wasn't it AOD?!?!?
But that was drunk posted, not stoned. I'm just getting stoned. I wish I was getting drunk, too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-09-2009, 17:50   #1633
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hi Wolfe, it is absolutely lovely here right now. We have over a foot of snow and blizzard conditions have improved. I've always enjoyed snow days.
Enjoy that Cabana Boy, Wolfe. You are probably lifting things everyday that you shouldn't be.
Take care, precious girl. Prayers continue from all of us...our arms outstretched, continuing to hold you while you sleep.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 17:52   #1634
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
But that was drunk posted, not stoned. I'm just getting stoned. I wish I was getting drunk, too.
But you better let us know if you tdance with gurls.

Old 12-09-2009, 18:09   #1635
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
But you better let us know if you tdance with gurls.
Hell no!. But I might haver danced with my borrowed Cabana Boy if I's taken this stuff before he left.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hi Wolfe, it is absolutely lovely here right now. We have over a foot of snow and blizzard conditions have improved. I've always enjoyed snow days.
Enjoy that Cabana Boy, Wolfe. You are probably lifting things everyday that you shouldn't be.
Take care, precious girl. Prayers continue from all of us...our arms outstretched, continuing to hold you while you sleep.: hugs::
Owwwwwwwwwwww, damn it hurts just to read that!! Come on meds!

I like snow, or at least I did. It's pretty.

Too bad he was just a loaner, he's gone already. Me? Lift stuff I shouldn't? I try not to, I hate pain. I really hate pain! : steamed:

Hey with you doing that maybe I can sleep now.... BTW, I liked your idea about the doc. Too bad.......

all the more

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-09-2009, 19:01   #1636
engineer151515

Quote:
Engineer151515 I saw your message before you took out the part about it turning cold where you are. When I started hurting real bad earlier and had to go see doc in a hurry I was convinced it was because of a rough but productive session with my sadist….. err, I mean therapist today. Then I saw what you had written and wondered if I was having sympathy pains for you.
I'm sorry you started to hurt bad. The reason I wrote a weather post was because I thought temperature swings like that in 24 hours would scare us both about the effects on you. Later, I looked at the post and thought it sounded too left field and off topic. My attempt at editing it out was just to keep your thread on course. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.

Last edited by engineer151515; 12-10-2009 at 12:28..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 19:48   #1637
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Sweet,.......sounds like you will be all warm and cozy for Christmas!
That sounds sooooooo appealing. Right now I feel like I'll never get warm.

Quote:
I'm sorry you started to hurt bad. The reason I wrote a weather post was because I thought temperature swings like that in 24 hours would scare us both about the effects on you. Later, I looked the post and thought it sounded too left field and off topic. My attempt at editing it out was just to keep your thread on course. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.

: embarassed:

Nothing off-topic about that, it fits right in because Iíve had a lot of bad pain from the weather lately, including now. Iím doped up but can still feel it big time. And a weather change like that does scare the hell out of me just for the reason you stated.
No confusion caused.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-09-2009, 21:55   #1638
sawgrass

Quote:
I for one think your JOB is recovery,.......don't ya think?!
I agree, in civilian life, it's called worker's comp.

Wolfe, sounds like you had a little fun with you E3. Glad to hear it!
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 00:42   #1639
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr
I for one think your JOB is recovery,.......don't ya think?!

I agree, in civilian life, it's called worker's comp.

Wolfe, sounds like you had a little fun with you E3. Glad to hear it!
Haha, workman's comp would be nice, but they decided to keep me on the job. Have to wonder what they were thinking.

I couldn't have too much fun , but he was a good kid and he kept me from killing myself trying to lift stuff that I couldn't have lifted before, and sure didn't need to try now.

How ya been, sawgrass?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-10-2009, 04:50   #1640
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Man it's cold here in Indianapolis,cats will be under the covers tonight

15 degrees

And glad I don't have a dog outside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiFMW_kD2A

Last edited by Geeorge; 12-10-2009 at 04:56..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:56   #1641
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Man it's cold here in Indianapolis,cats will be under the covers tonight

15 degrees

And glad I don't have a dog outside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiFMW_kD2A
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that's tooooo cold. Hey, I'd be right under the covers with the kitties. Do they like to snuggle good?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-10-2009, 08:04   #1642
okie
GT Mayor

Hiya LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:05   #1643
okie
GT Mayor

Some hugs also sweetheart
Old 12-10-2009, 08:07   #1644
okie
GT Mayor

And a very special kiss for ya honey
Old 12-10-2009, 09:45   #1645
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I have re-written this message a dozen times . .

When I hear you struggling, I just have a desire to bring relief from the pain.

I am not alone with that thought. I have an army of your friends here with me.

Speaking for the group, we will lock hands and hearts to lift you.

We will pray for the return of your strength of spirit as well as your strength of body.

We desire to hear of your safe return home. Of the opportunity to rebuild your life. Of a light hearted laugh. To see your dreams for the future.

Until that day . . . we will be with you. Every day. In some way.

-Mike
Beautifully stated Mike. You can speak for me and the others here anytime at all.

Quote:
Hey I found an alternative today. My Qosmio laptop runs hot enough to heat my lap good, so I got the bright idea to put a movie playing on mute to keep the processor busy, then sit it on a folded towel on my chest. I wound up positioning a pillow on either side of me to hold up some of the weight, because 11 lbs was way too heavy to be comfortable, but once I did that it worked great. New use for a laptopÖ. Only downside is I have to stay laying down.

You know, what he did doesnít make sense to me for another reason too. He was OK, I wasnít. He could have stayed down, let me die and the Army would have been out one soldier. Instead heís gone and Iím completely worthless as a soldier. He could have finished out his career as a productive mechanic. Instead you, the American taxpayers, may have to support me for the rest of my life, depending on my disability rating when this is over. I hate that part of it and it doesnít seem like a very good deal to meÖ

I had hoped that once I quit having the same repetitive nightmares I would be able to sleep, but that hasnít been the case yet. Sometimes I doze off and I donít think the dreams really get started before I wake up upset and sometimes crying. Itís like Iím afraid of what I might dream about.

My shrink was insistent that coming to terms with almost dying and survivors guilt were two separate issues and I believed her, but some of you in here thought different. Now Iím starting to think you folks were right. Every time I start thinking about being in the Borrowed Time club and start to feel even a little happy about it a wave of guilt comes and knocks me back and overwhelms me. This morning I got a PM from someone on this board that I respect as much as anyone, and while I wonít repeat exactly what was said the idea was that this guilt never goes away, but that it recedes and we learn to live with what remains. It gives me even more to thing about (and I will write back) and right now I canít imagine NOT having guilt over what happened. I think only some kind of awful, uncaring person wouldnít.
Well I'm glad you finally found a good use for that socalled laptop computer. I thought it was big enough to be a boat anchor!

I know you hate the thought of not being able to earn your own way in life but sometimes things like this happen. As one of the taxpayers who will be supporting you I must say that I do it willingly, even gladly. You went to do your part to keep us free and just happened to get shot in the course of your duties. We owe it to you to take care of you and you owe it to us to accept that with grace.

You need to make sure you sleep at least a little while each night so you can have at least one dream even if it's a bad one. You do not need to disassociate with reality again. Now that you are off the meds that caused that problem you need to give your mind every chance to heal from that. Please make yourself go to sleep even if just for a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
The guilt is FALSE, and you need to think of it that way. The hurt is real. And no, the hurt and what ifs will never go away entirely. But as you go on, they will fade. It's a part of getting on with your life.

Replace guilt with hurt in your post, and it might help you cope a little. Not much difference in how down it makes you feel, but it can help you cope. As a wise man once said, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Love, prayers, and gentle

Hawk
Wolfe read what Brown Hawk is saying and take it to heart. It was not your doing that killed your comrade. You need to understand that and find a way to put aside the guilt you feel right now.

Cry for him. Scream about it and grieve for him. But afterwards remember that you had no say in the matter. You were unconscious and on the verge of death when he came to your aid. Your medic told you that you had very little time left so you know that he saved your life as much as the medic and doctors and nurses did. We know that an incredible number of things had to go right in order for you to be alive today.

Until the day when you can truly celebrate and feel it inside I will celebrate for you. When you come home and are ready we will sit down with two drinks apiece. The first one we drink will be in your friendís honor. The second one will be to your membership in the borrowed time club as so many call it. Iíve always known it as the second chance club. I remember a time you told me you thought people in that club have a special destiny. Well now you are member of that club and you share that destiny. Give yourself a chance to heal so you can enjoy and make something of that destiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
okie I think you kiss all the women on this forum don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Hey baby

The cats asked about you
Geeorge if you keep showing Wolfe those gorgeous cats she WILL show up at your house one of these days. She loves Siamese cats and so do I.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48   #1646
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
okie I think you kiss all the women on this forum don't you?
Yes ma'am I do
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53   #1647
sawgrass

LW,
There is a cream that I use when something gets sore.
It's called SOMBRA, WARM THERAPY. It's a natural pain relieving gel.
This am was -6 degrees, and shovelling and blowing snow was a chore.
This stuff will make it all better tonight.

I would be more than happy to send you a jar. Just need address.
SG
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59   #1648
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yes ma'am I do:kiss :
Okie! Say it aint so!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-10-2009, 14:26   #1649
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
back, sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW,
There is a cream that I use when something gets sore.
It's called SOMBRA, WARM THERAPY. It's a natural pain relieving gel.
This am was -6 degrees, and shovelling and blowing snow was a chore.
This stuff will make it all better tonight.

I would be more than happy to send you a jar. Just need address.
SG
-6 degrees?!?! Ugh, that sounds miserable! I'll send you my info tommorow. And thanks for the kind offer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Well I'm glad you finally found a good use for that socalled laptop computer. I thought it was big enough to be a boat anchor!

Wolfe read what Brown Hawk is saying and take it to heart. It was not your doing that killed your comrade. You need to understand that and find a way to put aside the guilt you feel right now.

Cry for him. Scream about it and grieve for him. But afterwards remember that you had no say in the matter. You were unconscious and on the verge of death when he came to your aid. Your medic told you that you had very little time left so you know that he saved your life as much as the medic and doctors and nurses did. We know that an incredible number of things had to go right in order for you to be alive today.

Until the day when you can truly celebrate and feel it inside I will celebrate for you. When you come home and are ready we will sit down with two drinks apiece. The first one we drink will be in your friendís honor. The second one will be to your membership in the borrowed time club as so many call it. Iíve always known it as the second chance club. I remember a time you told me you thought people in that club have a special destiny. Well now you are member of that club and you share that destiny. Give yourself a chance to heal so you can enjoy and make something of that destiny.

Geeorge if you keep showing Wolfe those gorgeous cats she WILL show up at your house one of these days.: supergrin: She loves Siamese cats and so do I.
I can't use that laptop as a boat anchor! It might capsize the boat when I carry it on board!

Today my shrink asked me what was the worst part of what happened to me. I said "That's easy, someone died because of me." She said that she meant what was the worst part that affected me directly. My response was "What? You think that doesn't?" She tried to say that it didn't, at least in the way she meant it, and kept asking me the same thing. I think she wanted to know which was worse the pain or the fear, but I didn't think of that until later. We argued a bit and I just got up and left her office early. I decided to go talk to a priest that I knew was visiting the area and gave him a bit of background then I told him about my conversation with the shrink.

He understood what I said about the guilt I feel being the worst part of it. Of course being a priest he emphasized how Greg's in a better place and all that. Listening to him I could almost envy Greg for a minute there. He went on to ask me if I'd died and was watching the rest of the battle from above how would I have felt if everyone stayed behind cover until it was finally over. I said that's the way I wished it had happened.

Then he asked how I thought Greg might have felt as he watched the medics working on me after determining that he couldn't be saved. I really didn't know what to say to that, but assumed Greg would hope the medic was successful. The priest asked if I thought Greg would think what he had done was in vain since the medic did succeed. I said I didn't think so. Then he asked how I thought Greg would feel if he saw the medic couldn't save me either. I said I thought he feel like he'd made a mistake and died for nothing. The priest disagreed with me. He said that Greg would most likely think that it was still worth having taken chance because if he'd stayed down and the fight dragged on he would have had to hear the medic say something along the lines of "It's too late for her and had to live with that. He pointed out that Greg had it much easier than me, that it's much easier to die, especially in such an honorable way, than it is to live with the pain and guilt of surviving. I sure have to agree with him there, I'd be glad to trade places.

Iíd gladly tip a drink in Gregís honor. Tip one to being glad Iím still alive? Sometimes I think I could, sometimes not. I know I owe it to Greg and the other who played their part in my still being here to find out what the master plan for me is. If this is really my destiny than I have no choice but to live it.

And I hope that's what Geeorge has in mind by showing me those sweet kitties.

Quote:
Well, yeah. But we'll be more quiet tonight.
I'll be knocked out so it don't matter if you make noise. I'm just glad when I have you guys here. Night everyone!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-10-2009, 14:38   #1650
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Okie! Say it aint so!

In my culture it is appropriate to kiss a woman as a greeting LW honey

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!