Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2009, 00:25   #1576
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Being knocked out does make for a pretty good night. Now tonight, that's another story. I was talking to my doc about the fact that I just can't sleep at all without pharmaceutical assistance, and the OTC stuff does nothing. He and my shrink agree that it's a lingering effect of the drug-induced psychosis. He also wants to start shortening my sleep time on my knock-out nights to try and force me to sleep normally. I'm hoping I sleep some tonight, as strong as the pain meds I'm on right now are I should...

He said he's not going to just stop suddenly since that would be asking for problems. I got to hand it to my doc, he just gets cooler and cooler. Today as I was waking up I felt something pressed against my chest and realized it was a towel-wrapped hot water bottle, much like Iíve been doing lately. My doc was holding it there and I could tell it had been there for at least a few minutes. Doc said it was cloudy and felt like rain was rolling in, so he thought heíd make waking up a bit better for me.

I was soooo glad he did, this cold damp doesn't get along with me at all. In fact I asked him if next time he knocks me out could he keep me out until April. He thought that was funny.

He knew it was my physical therapy day with the sadist so he told her to work me hard then he told me to come back and see him afterward and he'd give me something for pain. She did, I did, and thankfully he did.

My shrink's been complaining that this had been keeping me from dealing with my emotional issues like the guilt, but I can still feel everything, unfortunately. I just haven't wanted to talk to her about it. I try not to think about it, but can't help the way I feel. It won't just go away.

Oh, and I'd be careful pushing Silent_Runnerís buttons if I were you, she has 85 guns and at least 2 bats!

DISTRACTING?!?!?!?! I wish you guys could be there other times besides just when I'm being put under anesthesia slowly!!!

How I'd love to have you here tonight, I'm having no luck sleeping again.
Okay; some new wishes for Miss Lone_. First, foremost, and always, the sleep of the just. Plenty of water bottles and a microwave close by for when it rains. That your primary care physician follows you back to the states to oversee your case when you come home. An unusually early, warm, dry spring but the flowers grow like gangbusters anyway. (Or whatever grows there that you find pretty.) Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, gentle ones my dear.
Old 12-06-2009, 00:29   #1577
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Hey, that might help me sleep.

Cool. Be glad to he-

Wait a minute.....

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:17   #1578
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
Guess what we woke up to here:

< SNOW PICS >
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Okie Memorial Area
^^^ that sums it up well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
Cool. Be glad to he-

Wait a minute.....

You know I love you....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:05   #1579
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Glad you had a better night. And there are plenty of people surrounding you with prayer.

Adam is at BIAP waiting to fly out to Kuwait. He might actually get a chance to watch the whole Alabama - Florida game.

Love prayers and double-tap gentle (have to push SR's buttons a little. )

Hawk
Has Adam made it safely home yet?

And about that doubletap.

Quote:
You're not sorry and you know it!

You're happy she's feeling the support.

Hawk
I certainly am happy she feels the love and support you all offer.And I think Wolfe will drive herself to Ohio just for the chance to meet you and share that dinner you mentioned before. I just hope she doesn't give you a reason to need use guns around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Ya know, Wolfe, when we get to heaven, I have a feeling we won't have any desire to come back here. My thought is that if it were up to Greg, he wouldn't want to trade places with you. My other thought is that if he was the kind of guy who would go back for a fallen comrade, he would probably be the one who was pulling for you the hardest. ...........
Wow this brought a tear to my eye and I'm not even the one in Wolfe's situation. A lot of insight here.

Wolfe I know you don't want to talk about this right now but you need to face this. Don't clam up again. It does you no good.

Quote:

The down side is I have a bunch of damage in the chest cavity, mainly at the front thatís healing slowly, and scar tissue. Those are whatís causing the internal pain that I have 24/7 and gets really bad sometimes.........

I also asked my doc if he had any idea how long it might be before I would have a day when I didnít hurt at all and he said ďMost likely neverĒ. But he did say over the next several months to a year it should start to diminish and after a couple winters even the weather change pain will lessen although never go away. My Brother used to pester me to move to Phoenix and I always told him he was nuts. Now Iím seriously considering the idea, at least for a couple years. The thought of baking in 120 degree heat actually appeals to me now.
Wolfe I know you are hurting more now that anyone should ever have to both emotionally and physically. I know this winter so far has been especially rough. But remember this will get better. I recall a couple weeks ago you had a day when you said you felt the best you had since you were shot. You still had pain but not so bad it as it has been. I know it only lasted a few hours but next time it will last a bit longer and eventually that will become common. I hope you will eventually reach a point where you would consider even that amount of pain a bad day.

You know that I and I believe others here would take this from you if we could to give you a break from it. If several of us could share it among ourselves we could keep it until was gone. You need to lose those thoughts of not being glad you lived. engineer151515 was right when he said you are a gift to us all. Maybe you should think of youself as God's gift to Glocktalk for a while. That should help you feel better.

I have assumed for months that you would probably move back to Arizona for at least a while. As much as I wish you would stay around here I certainly understand why you may not. Maybe after a year of two you wonít need to cook yourself and can come back east so I can have my sister nearby again.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:02   #1580
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Hey baby

The cats asked about you
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:08   #1581
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses for ya honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:09   #1582
okie
GT Mayor

Some hugs also:
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 15:30   #1583
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Hey baby: wavey:

The cats asked about you: cool:
Hey Sweetie! Give them a scratch behind the ears from me, would ya?

Quote:
I'll keep praying for sleep.

Love, prayers and :hugs :

Hawk
Thank you. back

Quote:
You're not sorry and you know it!:cool :: supergrin:

You're happy she's feeling the support.

Hawk
<<<--- is happy to be feeling the support too

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Some hugs also: hugs:
Thank you dear. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Okay; some new wishes for Miss Lone_. First, foremost, and always, the sleep of the just. Plenty of water bottles and a microwave close by for when it rains. That your primary care physician follows you back to the states to oversee your case when you come home. An unusually early, warm, dry spring but the flowers grow like gangbusters anyway. (Or whatever grows there that you find pretty.) Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, gentle ones my dear.
I like those new wishes. I have been keeping a water bottle nuked quite a bit lately. This damp cold is getting to me. When I moved to Arizona in 07 we had that warm dry spring and I was wishing for a bit of rain so more flowers would grow and bloom. I was seriously thinking I didnít want to stay there in the desert. Now Iíd love to be back there, even without the flowers. But I do love my flowers too. Thatís why I may not make a move to Phoenix permanent if I go there. Or Tucson, dunno yetÖ.

As for my doc following me home, I wish he could but that aint happeningÖ Iím looking into another alternative and thatís staying here. Iíve noticed that sometimes civilians are treated at the military hospital here so I asked about it and found out that a few people who were hurt on active duty but still needing treatment have come back here as civilian contractors and are able to get military medical treatment. I had actually lined up a job to come over here as a civilian when I found out I was deploying so the company hired me and flew me over here first. I went to Baghdad for a couple weeks then back to Kuwait to get my military issue gear and deploy to Afghanistan. I recently contacted the company and they are still interested in having me work for them, but itís really a longshot that it can be worked out. They probably wonít want to touch me with a 10 foot pole when they see my medical records.

As for sleep, Iíll get that tonight. Itís time to go in for knock-out night. Night everyone!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-06-2009, 23:43   #1584
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Cats scratched per you're request .

I even went over today and petted my mom's 3 siamese for you

Old 12-06-2009, 23:51   #1585
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

I was painting in the kitchen today and had some extra help

wanted or notOkie Memorial Area
Old 12-07-2009, 06:52   #1586
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
back

Quote:
I cannot believe, under any circumstance, he would want you sad. Ever.
I try to keep reminding myself of this..... not always having much luck.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50   #1587
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Has Adam made it safely home yet? Today, Monday, they are supposed to fly from BIAP to Kuwait for their week of decompression.

And about that doubletap. Tease!

I certainly am happy she feels the love and support you all offer.And I think Wolfe will drive herself to Ohio just for the chance to meet you and share that dinner you mentioned before. I just hope she doesn't give you a reason to need use guns around her. Only to protect her from some [fill in the blank]

That's a LOOOONNNGGGG drive. Ft. Hood to home is 18 hours and I did it the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Hawk
Old 12-07-2009, 09:16   #1588
engineer151515

Quote:
I try to keep reminding myself of this..... not always having much luck.
I have re-written this message a dozen times . .

When I hear you struggling, I just have a desire to bring relief from the pain.

I am not alone with that thought. I have an army of your friends here with me.

Speaking for the group, we will lock hands and hearts to lift you.

We will pray for the return of your strength of spirit as well as your strength of body.

We desire to hear of your safe return home. Of the opportunity to rebuild your life. Of a light hearted laugh. To see your dreams for the future.

Until that day . . . we will be with you. Every day. In some way.

-Mike
Old 12-07-2009, 11:44   #1589
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I have re-written this message a dozen times . .

When I hear you struggling, I just have a desire to bring relief from the pain.

I am not alone with that thought. I have an army of your friends here with me.

Speaking for the group, we will lock hands and hearts to lift you.

We will pray for the return of your strength of spirit as well as your strength of body.

We desire to hear of your safe return home. Of the opportunity to rebuild your life. Of a light hearted laugh. To see your dreams for the future.

Until that day . . . we will be with you. Every day. In some way.

-Mike
You know, I looked at this when you first posted it, and it took me several tries before I could even read the whole thing. Something in my eyes. Every time I feel like giving up, I feel like I just canít go on, or that Iíll never get past these demons in my head or the pain in my body one of you comes in here and says something that just hits me in the heart.

Iím sitting here with tears streaming down my face in awe that you people would do so much for me, when most of you have never met me and know little of me except what I post here. I donít have the words to tell you what this does for me. With friends like you surrounding me I just canít lose. I donít deserve the love youíve given me, but I sure do need it right now.

Thank You and God Bless You

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-07-2009, 15:50   #1590
deadday

Quote:
That's a LOOOONNNGGGG drive. Ft. Hood to home is 18 hours and I did it the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Hawk
...decompression and the begining of 10 days of don't beat your wife briefings...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 16:45   #1591
engineer151515

Quote:

Thank You and God Bless You
Princess,

You are our gift.

Find comfort in the fact that you can never slip further than He can reach.

Last edited by engineer151515; 12-07-2009 at 18:06..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 17:13   #1592
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Princess,

Your are our gift.

At times like this I know it was God that put you in here. I find comfort in that.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-07-2009, 17:20   #1593
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Princess,

Your are our gift.

I, too, find comfort in that.

Old 12-07-2009, 20:16   #1594
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Cats scratched per you're request .

I even went over today and petted my mom's 3 siamese for you: wavey:

Care to scratch again on my behalf?

Quote:
I was painting in the kitchen today and had some extra help

wanted or not[IMG]
Did they help you drink those Mountain Dews?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-08-2009, 04:12   #1595
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Quote:
Care to scratch again on my behalf?

Did they help you drink those Mountain Dews?

DIET Mountain dews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't drink or smoke and that is the only vice I have left
Old 12-08-2009, 04:28   #1596
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

You got me all upset and I forgot these

Old 12-08-2009, 05:11   #1597
engineer151515

A note about the holiday season. It can be stressful times. Especially when you are away.

I compare the calendar and holidays to your car odometer when it is about to roll over to a big number with lots of zeros. When you are driving, the mile before the big rollover is as important as the rollover itself, which is as important as the next mile. That doesn't take away from the fact that the "big rollover" is notable. It just adds perspective.

As such, make every day important, just like the mile you currently travel, be it a holiday or not.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:45   #1598
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Lady_Wolfe,........

Expect a "Care Package" with a bit of "warm Florida sunshine"
Or,.....an electric heating pad.

faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:54   #1599
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
DIET Mountain dews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't drink or smoke and that is the only vice I have left
Quote:
You got me all upset and I forgot these

I didn't mean to upset you, I was only going to drink one of those Mountain Dews.

back

P. S. Could you imagine those kitties with all that caffiene in them?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-08-2009, 09:14   #1600
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
I didn't mean to upset you, I was only going to drink one of those Mountain Dews.

back

P. S. Could you imagine those kitties with all that caffiene in them?
OH dear God. The three here are bad enough without caffeine.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!