Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
okie DOUBLE-TAPPED me!!!

Okie! Don't you dare doubletap Wolfe!
Don't any of you do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
That's the best!!!

I'm so glad she's lightened your life a little
Zonny that cat has done more good than just a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
Because I'm no good with the right words.
You are wrong about that. I heard the reaction to something you posted before.

Quote:
My doc told me the results from my MRI today. Mostly good news, at least as far as my heart is concerned...
Wolfe I have some questions about your test results and can't reach you. Get out from under your water bottle and call me back girl.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 13:53   #1552
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
This is my first siamese RIP: crying:

It took my current two to even try and fill his collar

Hey Baby
He was beautiful. But whatís he doing OUTSIDE?

Quote:
Redoubled.

Because I'm no good with the right words.
Silent_Runner was right. You underestimate yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Ya know, Wolfe, when we get to heaven, I have a feeling we won't have any desire to come back here. My thought is that if it were up to Greg, he wouldn't want to trade places with you. My other thought is that if he was the kind of guy who would go back for a fallen comrade, he would probably be the one who was pulling for you the hardest.

There is also a Scripture that goes something like, " There is now no condemnation (guilt) to those who are in Christ Jesus." That means that once we have Jesus in our hearts and lives, we no longer live have to lug guilt around. Plus, I just think it is unhealthy for you to feel that way about Greg's death. I know that it may take time, but someday I hope you can just appreciate him and not feel guilty when you are happy or things are going well for you. You have to know he wouldn't have wanted that.

Aside from your being a super special girl, it isn't like God decided, "I'm going to have this one die and this one live." We are living in a fallen world, Wolfe and I believe there is God's "perfect will" and His "permissive will." I believe that a lot of time we are living in His permissive will, where things just happen the way they are going to happen. Cause and effect.

There is a story about a missionary who had to travel two days to another village and stay overnight outside alone overnight to get there. Some time later, a man he had helped, told him that he and his gang were going to attack him one night, but he was surrouded by too much protection. The missionary said that he was by himself, and the man told him that he was surrounded by 26 men, protecting him. That same night, back in the states, a member of his congregation felt strongly compelled to pray for the missionary. He called some members of the congregation to meet him at the church. There were exactly 26 men praying. This would be an example of God's "perfect will." I have had things happen in my life that would be examples of God's "perfect will," but they are a little personal, so this will have to suffice.

I know that people have differences in doctrine and how they believe in God, but this makes the most sense to me. God doesn't "cause" child abuse, murder, etc. Now the Old Testament was a different story, but since Jesus died for the sins of the world, God sees us through the forgiveness of His blood sacrifice. Heavy issue, but it seems pertinent to this situation. Wolfe, you are so precious to us and to God, but what happened to Greg just wasn't your fault. Gentle hugs

Glock26Girl, Iíve read your post at least 30 times today and itís still hard to get through with dry eyes. You make some interesting points and like with Brown Hawkís recent post, I need to think about it some. I just canít help but feel like it never should have happened, at least not like it did.

When you said that Greg wouldnít change places with me I really understand that. I lost a husband in a car accident many years ago and for several years I would have given anything to trade places with him. But as time went by I started looking back at how badly it had hurt me and I started thinking that I would never wish that kind of pain on him. I would rather be the one to hurt like I did than have him go through what I did back then. I can see where Greg wouldnít want the guilt I feel today.

back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Okie! Don't you dare doubletap Wolfe!: whip:
Don't any of you do that!: okie:

Wolfe I have some questions about your test results and can't reach you. Get out from under your water bottle and call me back girl.
RottnJP, Glock26Girl, thanks for the heat-pad suggestions. I see a couple that Iíll try, plus one that Silent_Runnerís sending me.
BTW, I was still under that hot-water bottle when I called you.

Night everyone!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 14:32   #1553
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Good night. Peaceful rest, our warrior.

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 17:52   #1554
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Hiya LW!!!

Tell that kitteh not to turn the volume up too high on that ipod... people are losing their hearing to those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
...I know that people have differences in doctrine and how they believe in God, but this makes the most sense to me. God doesn't "cause" child abuse, murder, etc. Now the Old Testament was a different story, but since Jesus died for the sins of the world, God sees us through the forgiveness of His blood sacrifice. Heavy issue, but it seems pertinent to this situation. Wolfe, you are so precious to us and to God, but what happened to Greg just wasn't your fault. Gentle hugs
Awesome stuff...

G26girl,

I've always held your opinions in high esteem and with great regard, but just a quick shout out to say that the one just got higher and the other just got greater with this one from you.

Oh yeah, on a personal note: On the Seventh day G-d rested, but not because He was tired, it was because He was finished. Selah. (I don't know why you needed to hear this now, but G-d does. Jehovah Shalom sister.)
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:52   #1555
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Good night. Peaceful rest, our warrior.
Thank you Scott. I got that, thanks to my doc. In fact right about the time you wrote that is the time I was being knocked out. It just happened they had a bit of trouble again last night and I didnít get the full dose right away. Just like in the past I was treated to a vision of some people standing around like they were there to watch over me in the night. I know my doc claims the stuff they use can cause hallucinations, but Iím convinced itís something different. Itís so comforting I just wish it would happen more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Hiya LW!!!

Tell that kitteh not to turn the volume up too high on that ipod... people are losing their hearing to those things.

Awesome stuff...

G26girl,

I've always held your opinions in high esteem and with great regard, but just a quick shout out to say that the one just got higher and the other just got greater with this one from you.

Oh yeah, on a personal note: On the Seventh day G-d rested, but not because He was tired, it was because He was finished. Selah. (I don't know why you needed to hear this now, but G-d does. Jehovah Shalom sister.)
Peace Warrior, she doesnít listen to a thing I say! Darn critter! But she cuddles good.

Now you see why I consider G26Girl one of many gifts from God here in this thread. Sheís been a real blessing to me. Her and so many of you.

The 7th day comment was directed at me, right? Iím thinking about it and trying to discern the message. BTW, itís really good to see you again.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-05-2009, 08:13   #1556
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Glad you had a better night. And there are plenty of people surrounding you with prayer.

Adam is at BIAP waiting to fly out to Kuwait. He might actually get a chance to watch the whole Alabama - Florida game.

Love prayers and double-tap gentle (have to push SR's buttons a little. )

Hawk
Old 12-05-2009, 08:43   #1557
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Glad you had a restful night. Sorry if us standing around your bed was distracting.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:52   #1558
deadday

Walking pneumonia FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:07   #1559
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Guess what we woke up to here:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2325.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2326.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2327.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2328.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2335.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2329.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2330.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2334.jpg

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=MVI_2331.flv

Last edited by DScottHewitt; 12-05-2009 at 14:41..
Old 12-05-2009, 11:27   #1560
deadday

Okie Memorial Area
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53   #1561
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Glad you had a restful night. Sorry if us standing around your bed was distracting.
You're not sorry and you know it!

You're happy she's feeling the support.

Hawk
Old 12-05-2009, 14:33   #1562
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post

Hawk
..this is the only one that follows mine...
Old 12-05-2009, 14:38   #1563
deadday

you inbox is full darlin...ill work on getting my posts disappearedn ow
Old 12-05-2009, 14:39   #1564
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

OK, thanks. I see Scott's here now so I'll ask a mod to dump the bump...

Hey, I'm a poet and I don't even know it.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-05-2009, 14:40   #1565
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
thanks deadday, I have my pages set to 10 posts. I just can't read the previous page of replies.
I'm sorry. I can change them to links. Wasn't thinking about the FOBNet

Old 12-05-2009, 14:42   #1566
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:

Hawk
Well, yeah. But we'll be more quiet tonight.

Old 12-05-2009, 14:43   #1567
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
OK, thanks. I see Scott's here now so I'll ask a mod to dump the bump...

Hey, I'm a poet and I don't even know it.
Yeah. I changed them. Sorry. Was not thinking. The cold frozed my wittle bwain.

Old 12-05-2009, 14:44   #1568
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm sorry. I can change them to links. Wasn't thinking about the FOBNet
You rock, thanks.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-05-2009, 14:45   #1569
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
You rock, thanks.
No problem. I'm slower than FOBNet today. Just make sure you don't click the LAST link. It's a video.

Old 12-05-2009, 15:23   #1570
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Lady_Wolfe,.........

Expect a package soon. I will be sending the shirt and some "goodies"
out this Monday. Drop me a pm if there is anything you would like or need.

faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 17:17   #1571
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Glad you had a better night. And there are plenty of people surrounding you with prayer.

Adam is at BIAP waiting to fly out to Kuwait. He might actually get a chance to watch the whole Alabama - Florida game. : cool:

Love prayers and double-tap gentle (have to push SR's buttons a little. : rofl)

Hawk
Being knocked out does make for a pretty good night. Now tonight, that's another story. I was talking to my doc about the fact that I just can't sleep at all without pharmaceutical assistance, and the OTC stuff does nothing. He and my shrink agree that it's a lingering effect of the drug-induced psychosis. He also wants to start shortening my sleep time on my knock-out nights to try and force me to sleep normally. I'm hoping I sleep some tonight, as strong as the pain meds I'm on right now are I should...

He said he's not going to just stop suddenly since that would be asking for problems. I got to hand it to my doc, he just gets cooler and cooler. Today as I was waking up I felt something pressed against my chest and realized it was a towel-wrapped hot water bottle, much like Iíve been doing lately. My doc was holding it there and I could tell it had been there for at least a few minutes. Doc said it was cloudy and felt like rain was rolling in, so he thought heíd make waking up a bit better for me.

I was soooo glad he did, this cold damp doesn't get along with me at all. In fact I asked him if next time he knocks me out could he keep me out until April. He thought that was funny.

He knew it was my physical therapy day with the sadist so he told her to work me hard then he told me to come back and see him afterward and he'd give me something for pain. She did, I did, and thankfully he did.

My shrink's been complaining that this had been keeping me from dealing with my emotional issues like the guilt, but I can still feel everything, unfortunately. I just haven't wanted to talk to her about it. I try not to think about it, but can't help the way I feel. It won't just go away.

Oh, and I'd be careful pushing Silent_Runnerís buttons if I were you, she has 85 guns and at least 2 bats!

Quote:
DISTRACTING?!?!?!?! I wish you guys could be there other times besides just when I'm being put under anesthesia slowly!!!

How I'd love to have you here tonight, I'm having no luck sleeping again.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-05-2009, 20:15   #1572
engineer151515

Old 12-05-2009, 20:53   #1573
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Oh, and I'd be careful pushing Silent_Runnerís buttons if I were you, she has 85 guns and at least 2 bats! Beware of a man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it.

I'll keep praying for sleep.

Love, prayers and

Hawk
Old 12-05-2009, 20:55   #1574
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Being knocked out does make for a pretty good night. Now tonight, that's another story. I was talking to my doc about the fact that I just can't sleep at all without pharmaceutical assistance, and the OTC stuff does nothing. He and my shrink agree that it's a lingering effect of the drug-induced psychosis. He also wants to start shortening my sleep time on my knock-out nights to try and force me to sleep normally. I'm hoping I sleep some tonight, as strong as the pain meds I'm on right now are I should...

He said he's not going to just stop suddenly since that would be asking for problems. I got to hand it to my doc, he just gets cooler and cooler. Today as I was waking up I felt something pressed against my chest and realized it was a towel-wrapped hot water bottle, much like Iíve been doing lately. My doc was holding it there and I could tell it had been there for at least a few minutes. Doc said it was cloudy and felt like rain was rolling in, so he thought heíd make waking up a bit better for me.

I was soooo glad he did, this cold damp doesn't get along with me at all. In fact I asked him if next time he knocks me out could he keep me out until April. He thought that was funny.

He knew it was my physical therapy day with the sadist so he told her to work me hard then he told me to come back and see him afterward and he'd give me something for pain. She did, I did, and thankfully he did.

My shrink's been complaining that this had been keeping me from dealing with my emotional issues like the guilt, but I can still feel everything, unfortunately. I just haven't wanted to talk to her about it. I try not to think about it, but can't help the way I feel. It won't just go away.

Oh, and I'd be careful pushing Silent_Runnerís buttons if I were you, she has 85 guns and at least 2 bats!

DISTRACTING?!?!?!?! I wish you guys could be there other times besides just when I'm being put under anesthesia slowly!!!

Wish we COULD be there for you. I could enthrall with stories of my adventures in the SAS. Sometimes I believe me.

Old 12-05-2009, 23:57   #1575
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Wish we COULD be there for you. I could enthrall with stories of my adventures in the SAS. Sometimes I believe me.
Hey, that might help me sleep.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!