Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:18   #1526
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Ahhhh, okie, flattery will get you everywhere...
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:17   #1527
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
.... pics of you dressed as Wonder Woman?!
Have you forgotten??? I can't possible be Wonder Woman, she had bullerproof bracelets! I sure as hell didn't have them when I needed them!

I got the results of my MRI. I'll post that a bit later when I have time to sit down and write a bit.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32   #1528
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Have you forgotten??? I can't possible be Wonder Woman, she had bullerproof bracelets! I sure as hell didn't have them when I needed them! .......
True,.......but the rest of the outfit is pretty sassy!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 13:39   #1529
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hi my friend. Thank you for explaining the heart issue. Please let us know what the Doc finds from the MRI. He sounds very thorough and extremely thoughtful of you. You really are blessed all around. The people here are some of the nicest I have found on GT and maybe in person. I've known thoughtful, loving men, but these guys are incredible!! They genuinely care about you, LW. As we all do, but I think it is especially special when a man takes the time to explain things to you, pray for you and find applicable quotes from a classic to make you feel safe and comforted. These guys are the best!!
I pray that you have a good day tomorrow, with less pain and some natural sleep without nightmares. Gentle hugs, dear one
My doc told me the results from my MRI today. Mostly good news, at least as far as my heart is concerned. I do have some scarring, almost certainly from broken bones being shoved up against it so many times. I got off real lucky there, Doc said the scarring is fairly minor and not in a location to be causing the trouble Iíve been having. He thinks it wonít be a problem down the road either, but itís on record now in case I do. Thatís some good news that I wanted to hear.

The down side is I have a bunch of damage in the chest cavity, mainly at the front thatís healing slowly, and scar tissue. Those are whatís causing the internal pain that I have 24/7 and gets really bad sometimes. Basically whatís happening is part of the damaged area will tighten up, causing stress on other areas. Then they tighten up too, and so onÖ When enough of my chest has tensed up too much it becomes difficult and very painful to get a breath. To make it worse one lung has partially collapsed a few times and thatís a different additional pain and makes it hard as hell to breathe. The ďattacksĒ Iíve been having can be set off by either cold or my physical therapy. My physical therapy is a catch 22. Right now in order to make any progress Iím having to push hard enough thatís painful and plays a part in inducing these attacks, but ultimately it will stop them after Iíve made enough progress. The way my doc explains it is right now a normal breath is still too close to my maximum capacity so any constriction can cause problems, but after Iíve made more progress Iíll have capacity to ďspareĒ like we normally have. He said at the rate Iíve been progressing since he took over and I started back in the therapy I should have made enough improvement in a few months for these attacks to ease. In the mean time I have to keep pushing in therapy and heís going to keep me on the meds I need to make it more bearable. Plus he gave me some muscle relaxers to use if it gets real bad and I canít get to the hospital. Like late at night when I canít get a ride.

I said ďAhhh, so youíre going to make me get better even if it kills meĒ. Doc got a chuckle and said part of the idea is to push my healing hard enough that by the time I leave here he hopes I donít have these attacks. He said even though theyíre not heart problems or anything like that they could still be dangerous. If I have one so bad I canít get enough air I would be in trouble unless I can get help in time. Thus Iím better having that happen here than if I were at home by myself. He also gave me strict orders to come in whenever I feel a bad one coming on, no trying to hold out like I did the other day.

We also talked about what I could do to try to ease the pain besides taking the meds he gives me. I showed him how I heat up a liter water bottle and wrap it in a towel and use a PT belt to strap it to my chest. He likes that one too, and it fits the sternum nicely so it does good for ďweather changeĒ pain based in the bones, but doesnít do as much for the internal pain. He had the idea of getting some sort of thin insulating material that I could wear under my shirt that would warm my whole chest and take at least a little off of the worst of it. Sort of like a belly band worn higher up. Iíll have to look into that idea.

I also asked my doc if he had any idea how long it might be before I would have a day when I didnít hurt at all and he said ďMost likely neverĒ. But he did say over the next several months to a year it should start to diminish and after a couple winters even the weather change pain will lessen although never go away. My Brother used to pester me to move to Phoenix and I always told him he was nuts. Now Iím seriously considering the idea, at least for a couple years. The thought of baking in 120 degree heat actually appeals to me now.

Now for the sleep. I haven't gotten any at all on my last few "off" nights so I'd better make sure I sleep at least long enough to have a bad dream or nightmare tonight. No fun, but better than the alternative.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-03-2009, 14:09   #1530
okie
GT Mayor

Good luck to ya sweetheart
Old 12-03-2009, 14:09   #1531
okie
GT Mayor

Old 12-03-2009, 14:33   #1532
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Even a shimmering star will have it's moments when it lacks all it's luster.

Old 12-03-2009, 15:38   #1533
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
okie DOUBLE-TAPPED me!!!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-03-2009, 15:40   #1534
Zonny

Quote:
okie DOUBLE-TAPPED me!!!

Whoa baby!!

Let me know when operation cookie is complete
Old 12-03-2009, 16:21   #1535
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Whoa baby!! : supergrin:

Let me know when operation cookie is complete

Hey, as long as the ONLY kind of doubletap he does to me is in this thread ......

Of course I'll tell you when the goodies get here, after I fight a certain "Mandy" off, I'll bet.

Speaking of that loveable critter, Zonny and geofri (and anyone else) click here. There's also another one in Caturday.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-03-2009, 16:24   #1536
Zonny

That's the best!!!

I'm so glad she's lightened your life a little
Old 12-03-2009, 17:30   #1537
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
I canít get to the hospital. Like late at night when I canít get a ride.
Oh. HELL NO. They better be finding someone to take you when you gotta go. Or call us and we will get someone sent over there to do it.

Glad to hear the MRI said things are healing and that the pain will get less. I have talked to people who got broken ribs/sternum from CPR when I worked in the Heart Center at UVa. I understand that the breaking is just the start of the battle. Prayers for a quick repair job by the Man Above. And for the pain to be controlled good when it starts.

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 17:45   #1538
geofri
Lifetime Membership
Poikilothermô

Quote:
Hey, as long as the ONLY kind of doubletap he does to me is in this thread ......

Of course I'll tell you when the goodies get here, after I fight a certain "Mandy" off, I'll bet.

Speaking of that loveable critter, Zonny and geofri (and anyone else) click here. There's also another one in Caturday.

and youve already got it pimped out with a nice case too!

geofri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 19:36   #1539
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
Naw. ACUs and combat boots are fine.....
Glad SOMEONE in here approves of what I actually wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofri View Post
: rofl:

and youve already got it pimped out with a nice case too!
Liked that one, eh? That case is how I hang it on the inside of my T-shirt and have no one notice it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
All you really need to know is that we will be here when you wake.

The rest is for when you want a good read.
Not a bad movie too.

Knowing youíre here for me matters more to me than I would have believed 6 months ago. Strange how Iíve never met almost all of you but I feel such a comforting presence when I come in here and see you people have stopped in and talked to me, or even when I away from my computer just knowing you people give a damn about me for some reason. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Just remember that I'm first in line! : wavey:

Although I might be willing to trade for two Glock 17s, an M1 Rifle and an M1 Carbine. : whistling:

Hawk

ETA I can wait for the chastisement, (with the correct incentive), but I ain't tradin' my place in the "Dinner with LW" line for nothin'.
First in line to kick my ass and first in line to go to dinner with me, eh? Hmmmmmmmmmm, the dinner part definitely appeals to me.

Quote:
Even a shimmering star will have it's moments when it lacks all it's luster.

: supergrin:: hugs:: supergrin:
Is a shimmering star allowed to have moments when it has no luster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
:rofl : That's the best!!!

I'm so glad she's lightened your life a little
Zonny as much as I love having her what makes her really special to me was the spirit in which you sent her. Sometimes I still get a tear in my eye when I look at her and think of that. But I wonít deny thatís sheís special in her own right. You can probably see the matted fur from the many night sheís soaked up my tears and given me some comfort. Thank you once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
Oh. HELL NO. They better be finding someone to take you when you gotta go. Or call us and we will get someone sent over there to do it.

Glad to hear the MRI said things are healing and that the pain will get less. I have talked to people who got broken ribs/sternum from CPR when I worked in the Heart Center at UVa. I understand that the breaking is just the start of the battle. Prayers for a quick repair job by the Man Above. And for the pain to be controlled good when it starts.
Scott, I wish I had that option. But if I could I might call some of you to come sit with me on nights like this when I canít sleep from the nightmares.

I hope the doc was right, I'm looking forward to some pain subsiding too. Iím pretty doped up again tonight and donít want to live my whole life like this. Iíve heard of several instances where CPR caused a sternum or rib fracture. In my case it was just the opposite, the sternum fracture and other damage caused the need for the CPR. Iím just really lucky the medic knew how much pressure to apply to a sternum broken in several places. Too much would have had a bad result for me.

Somehow I donít think quick is an option here. Next week itíll be a year. Iíll settle for slow if itís complete, or even close.

I slept for a little while but woke abruptly from a nightmare starting out. I tried to go back to sleep, but no joy. So for the last little while Iíve been here thinking about this past week and getting a scare like I did only to find out it was exactly what all of us thought it was. Iím feeling a sense of relief, but at the same time confusion. I wonder if I really have the right to feel glad that my heart isnít trying to quit on me. I found myself wondering what Greg would say to me if he was here in the darkened room with me when I woke up crying, but relieved and so much else mixed in. I wonder if he would question his judgment in dying to save someone like me whoís so messed up almost a year later. Just a lot of sleepless, confused thoughts in my head right now. What gives me the right to celebrate any of this?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-03-2009, 19:56   #1540
engineer151515

Quote:
.........I found myself wondering what Greg would say to me if he was here in the darkened room with me when I woke up crying, but relieved and so much else mixed in........
I cannot believe, under any circumstance, he would want you sad. Ever.
Old 12-03-2009, 20:01   #1541
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Glad SOMEONE in here approves of what I actually wear...

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:10   #1542
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Hey beautiful!

Take a gander at these options for heat therapy...

http://www.scriphessco.com/Product/3...-pack/275+0045

http://www.scriphessco.com/Product/3...wraps/275+0051

http://www.massagewarehouse.com/item...tem=275%200005
Outpost Member #69.14159

Last edited by RottnJP; 12-03-2009 at 21:36..
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:38   #1543
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
Iím feeling a sense of relief, but at the same time confusion. I wonder if I really have the right to feel glad that my heart isnít trying to quit on me. I found myself wondering what Greg would say to me if he was here in the darkened room with me when I woke up crying, but relieved and so much else mixed in. I wonder if he would question his judgment in dying to save someone like me whoís so messed up almost a year later. Just a lot of sleepless, confused thoughts in my head right now. What gives me the right to celebrate any of this?
Ya know, Wolfe, when we get to heaven, I have a feeling we won't have any desire to come back here. My thought is that if it were up to Greg, he wouldn't want to trade places with you. My other thought is that if he was the kind of guy who would go back for a fallen comrade, he would probably be the one who was pulling for you the hardest.

There is also a Scripture that goes something like, " There is now no condemnation (guilt) to those who are in Christ Jesus." That means that once we have Jesus in our hearts and lives, we no longer live have to lug guilt around. Plus, I just think it is unhealthy for you to feel that way about Greg's death. I know that it may take time, but someday I hope you can just appreciate him and not feel guilty when you are happy or things are going well for you. You have to know he wouldn't have wanted that.

Aside from your being a super special girl, it isn't like God decided, "I'm going to have this one die and this one live." We are living in a fallen world, Wolfe and I believe there is God's "perfect will" and His "permissive will." I believe that a lot of time we are living in His permissive will, where things just happen the way they are going to happen. Cause and effect.

There is a story about a missionary who had to travel two days to another village and stay overnight outside alone overnight to get there. Some time later, a man he had helped, told him that he and his gang were going to attack him one night, but he was surrouded by too much protection. The missionary said that he was by himself, and the man told him that he was surrounded by 26 men, protecting him. That same night, back in the states, a member of his congregation felt strongly compelled to pray for the missionary. He called some members of the congregation to meet him at the church. There were exactly 26 men praying. This would be an example of God's "perfect will." I have had things happen in my life that would be examples of God's "perfect will," but they are a little personal, so this will have to suffice.

I know that people have differences in doctrine and how they believe in God, but this makes the most sense to me. God doesn't "cause" child abuse, murder, etc. Now the Old Testament was a different story, but since Jesus died for the sins of the world, God sees us through the forgiveness of His blood sacrifice. Heavy issue, but it seems pertinent to this situation. Wolfe, you are so precious to us and to God, but what happened to Greg just wasn't your fault. Gentle hugs

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:41   #1544
deadday

It's going to snow here tomorrow....low 30s and high 20s all day....I can hardly contain my joy....
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:48   #1545
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Here is another heat pain relief possibility. A friend of mine uses these constantly. They are very thin, last for a long time and stick to your skin.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...sku=sku4265872

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:55   #1546
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Ya know, Wolfe, when we get to heaven, I have a feeling we won't have any desire to come back here. My thought is that if it were up to Greg, he wouldn't want to trade places with you. My other thought is that if he was the kind of guy who would go back for a fallen comrade, he would probably be the one who was pulling for you the hardest.

There is also a Scripture that goes something like, " There is now no condemnation (guilt) to those who are in Christ Jesus." That means that once we have Jesus in our hearts and lives, we no longer live have to lug guilt around. Plus, I just think it is unhealthy for you to feel that way about Greg's death. I know that it may take time, but someday I hope you can just appreciate him and not feel guilty when you are happy or things are going well for you. You have to know he wouldn't have wanted that.

Aside from your being a super special girl, it isn't like God decided, "I'm going to have this one die and this one live." We are living in a fallen world, Wolfe and I believe there is God's "perfect will" and His "permissive will." I believe that a lot of time we are living in His permissive will, where things just happen the way they are going to happen. Cause and effect.

There is a story about a missionary who had to travel two days to another village and stay overnight outside alone overnight to get there. Some time later, a man he had helped, told him that he and his gang were going to attack him one night, but he was surrouded by too much protection. The missionary said that he was by himself, and the man told him that he was surrounded by 26 men, protecting him. That same night, back in the states, a member of his congregation felt strongly compelled to pray for the missionary. He called some members of the congregation to meet him at the church. There were exactly 26 men praying. This would be an example of God's "perfect will." I have had things happen in my life that would be examples of God's "perfect will," but they are a little personal, so this will have to suffice.

I know that people have differences in doctrine and how they believe in God, but this makes the most sense to me. God doesn't "cause" child abuse, murder, etc. Now the Old Testament was a different story, but since Jesus died for the sins of the world, God sees us through the forgiveness of His blood sacrifice. Heavy issue, but it seems pertinent to this situation. Wolfe, you are so precious to us and to God, but what happened to Greg just wasn't your fault. Gentle hugs
Redoubled.

Because I'm no good with the right words.

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 00:28   #1547
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
It's going to snow here tomorrow....low 30s and high 20s all day....I can hardly contain my joy....
I'm so thrilled for you........................NOT!

Yuck, hope you have plenty of pills and can stay warm.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-04-2009, 03:54   #1548
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

This is my first siamese RIP

It took my current two to even try and fill his collar

Okie Memorial Area

Hey Baby
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06   #1549
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Glad SOMEONE in here approves of what I actually wear........
<---- Diggs ALL Ladies in uniform......

Quote:
Is a shimmering star allowed to have moments when it has no luster?.....
If a shimmering star is always brilliant, bright and beautiful, would one not
become bored with it's brilliance?

Everyone has their down days, everyone needs a nap.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:14   #1550
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
If a shimmering star is always brilliant, bright and beautiful, would one not
become bored with it's brilliance?

Everyone has their down days, everyone needs a nap.
I dunno about that, I never get tired of bright, shiny stars. I'm just not used to the idea of anyone thinking of me as some kind of shining star yet.

But if that's something I can give back then I'll get used to it.

But today my senses are definately dulled by these meds.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!