Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:50   #1221
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
..that is the grandchild...adorable isn't he?

..the clors were flashes or different brights, then darks...purples, reds, blacks....ever been to a laser light show? Very similar to that..but terrifying for some reason..
Yes, he isÖ
OK, so my dream wasnít the same at all. The colors seems brighter than they should have been, but not flashes or anything like that. Still scary and upsetting although Iím not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Some of theses also: hugs:
Thank you okie. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Hope you is a little better today,can't do it all at once: wavey:

: hugs:
Trust me if I could do it all at once I would and I would be done with the shrinks, doc, and even thinking about it. And thank you, today is a little better. Something about being knocked out good last night....

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.

This is absolutely superb...... Thank you.
Glad you like it. You know I got sig lined over that remark, donít youÖÖ

Hey Brown Hawk, I told my doc what you said about the beer and he laughed. He likes Guiness. Iíll buy him all the beer he ever wants.
You know, I wonít soon forget what he said when he took over my case in August. Iíd ended up back in the hospital and was kept completely knocked out for a couple days. Then on what I think was my third day there I was allowed to wake up but still pretty sedated. He called my shrink and a couple other docs into the room and said ďI want you all to see this and listen to me. If you people want to kill your patient there are quicker, less painful ways than what youíre doing here. We have a patient who has more problems after a few months on anti-depressants and sleep aids than she ever did before. Iím going to get her off this stuff so she at least has a chance to recover and if I have to strap her to this bed to keep her from killing herself in the mean time I will. Youíve been killing her slowly by not checking her tolerance to these things and apparently not even looking at drug interaction charts. Now this is how itís going to be from now on. No one is going to give her even so much as an aspirin without my approval. Nothing. All of her treatment will be approved through me or it wonít happen!Ē

Heís stuck to that too, and even had me strapped to the bed a couple times.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:57   #1222
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Glad you like it. You know I got sig lined over that remark, donít youÖÖ

I agree with her deadday. Your grandson is darling.

My dear friend I want to wish you and every veteran reading this a happy Veteran's Day. I know I probably cursed you decision to go over there at least 1000 times including before you got hurt. But I must remember that even computer nerds like yourself are fighting for our freedom and you made the sacrifice to go over there as willingly as anyone else and we still live in a free country because of all of you who have done so.

GlockerMike do you have a smaller copy of that second picture in your last post? Wolfe told me she can't see it and I can see why. It's huge and she is on a slow connection..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00   #1223
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

I agree with her deadday. Your grandson is darling.
...Mrs Dead and I love the guy to death...unfortunately his parents don't feel the same way...poor guy just got dropped down the wrong chimney...

Okie Memorial Area
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 13:27   #1224
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

My dear friend I want to wish you and every veteran reading this a happy Veteran's Day. I know I probably cursed you decision to go over there at least 1000 times including before you got hurt. ...........
deadday I can't believe some wouldn't love a little like him. But it happens every day, all over the world. Hell, my dad would have jumped at the chance to be rid of me when I was that age.

Thank you Silent_Runner. Yes, I've heard all those times you've cursed my choice, my ears are still singed. What can I say, I did what felt right at the time. Whether not I'll think it was worth it remains to be seen. I know I spent barely a month doing what I was sent here to do, but at least I'm still being somewhat productive.

I'd also like to take this time to thank all of you prior and current Military who stop by here for your service. Without your sacrifices we wouldn't have the freedoms and choices we have today, including my own choice to accept or refuse the assignment that brought me over here

I'll write more later, for some reason todays physical therapy hurt even more than usual and now I'm a bit loopy from the pain meds doc gave me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-11-2009, 13:41   #1225
cphilip

If Grand baby Pictures will add any brightness to your day (and any others) here are some of mine.

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Thank you (and all other veterans) for your service in protecting this little boy...
Old 11-11-2009, 14:58   #1226
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
If Grand baby Pictures will add any brightness to your day (and any others) here are some of mine.

Thank you (and all other veterans) for your service in protecting this little boy...

Awwwwwwww What a little cutie! Thank you cphilip.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-11-2009, 15:02   #1227
engineer151515

Old 11-11-2009, 15:06   #1228
Tow/Repo
CLM Number 225
Charter Lifetime Member

Thank you for your service Lone_Wolfe

Looks like it's getting late over there so good night to you.

ATOY
Tow/Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 15:09   #1229
okie
GT Mayor

Happy Veterans day LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 17:13   #1230
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

Indeed, Happy Veterans Day Sister.

Still praying daily for your complete recovery.
Old 11-11-2009, 17:14   #1231
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Don't be formal. Call me Dusty. Everyone does.
OK. Hiya Dusty! Good to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Yep,.......it will be a long tough journey. But I believe you can make it.
You have the hardest part behind you, now you have to accept what
happened and go on with life.

You can not change what happened. The Fargin Icehole would have
shot someone else if not you. It was just bad timming. However, you
had the will to survive,....and a few people pulling for you.

Like I said before,......you are one of many "shinning stars" in a sky
of uncertainty. You have inspired people, your drive and determination
are very inspiring.

Yes, you have obsticles you must navagate around on the trip to
your "well being" but we don't we all? : dunno:

: hugs:

I was talking to my shrink today and among other things she said that right now Iím still getting used to being in the Borrowed Time club and that right now I'm ďsweeping everything else under the rugĒ. I said I didnít think that was a bad thing because I really needed relief from the pressure cooker of emotional pain Iíve been feeling for months. Much to my surprise she actually agreed with me. She said I really should enjoy this time for as long as it lasted because it wouldnít last long. (I hope sheís wrong) She said it may last an hour, or maybe even a week, but soon all the survivorís guilt and PTSD related stuff in me will come rushing back. That Iíve had to stuff so much of that inside and not deal with it just so I could get past the nightmares that it was festering inside me. Iím really just feeling a sense of relief at having finally made what seems like real progress. I wish it could last but that does seem unrealistic.

I told her what some of you have said to me in here about this and she said that some people that get a second chance really do find a way to use it to help others and she thought I might turn into one of those people. That would be nice. Thereís really no other way I can repay the people who saved me. And I do know it took the medic and some doctors working their tails off. Them having to do CPR on me several times tells me that I gave up several times and they decided I was going to stick around anyway. Whether I liked it or not. Ha-ha And if I find a way to repay all of you for what youíre doing for me I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Every good engineer knows.

A strong foundation starts at rock bottom.

Perhaps, you have finally found yours. And can build from here.

I thought of this again today. As I was leaving the hospital after waking up this morning I felt like I've finally taken a step off the bottom in the last several days and finally that steps feels solid. Over the last several months I think Iíve been just bouncing around on that bottom, sometimes starting to improve and then slipping right back down. I wonder, does having spent that much time on the bottom mean itís even more solid that it would be otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow/Repo View Post
Thank you for your service Lone_Wolfe : patriot:

Looks like it's getting late over there so good night to you.

ATOY
Thank you Tow/Repo.
I just wanted you to know that seeing that prayers in your sig line brings a tear to my eye, and I really think it's starting to work. Im hoping to get some sleep tonight although that hasn't happened yet.

Think I'll try again and hope.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-11-2009, 17:29   #1232
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Sounds good! Sleep well....
Old 11-11-2009, 17:52   #1233
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Nice to hear you from you. My DSL service has been on the fritz.
Seems they may have gotten it fixed,......

Will try and send you a pm tomorrow. Hope you get some peaceful sleep,
if even for a short time.

faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 17:55   #1234
engineer151515

Quote:
........ I wonder, does having spent that much time on the bottom mean itís even more solid that it would be otherwise?
Perhaps.
PM to you

ATOY's prayer is lovely.

Quote:
Short prayer for our friend Lone_Wolfe

Lord please provide a blessing, a miracle, and end to this pain. I pray Jesus that you would provide a pleasant night sleep and rest where there is worry. Jesus help this woman find strength, and peace--calm her heavy heart and mind, and bless her dreams. Amen
Old 11-11-2009, 20:44   #1235
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Sounds good! Sleep well....
Well I slept for 3 hours, that's more than I been getting so I'll take it.

Happy Thursday Morning from Baghdad.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-11-2009, 21:04   #1236
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 23:50   #1237
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Yay, three hours of sleep!!! You are gaining.
Gosh, I admire you, LW. You are pushing right through all of the sludge...do you know how many people just bury their sludge? You are facing it, taking it on and you are winning. You are inspiring me to perhaps do the same. I have been a buryer my whole life. If it bothers or hurts me, I bury it. What you are doing is so much healthier, just getting it out and dealing with it. The thought of that terrifies me. You will always be my hero for showing such determination, integrity and fearlessness (not meaning you aren't afraid, but you are pushing through your fears and facing them.) You are a precious girl. God is sooooooooo answering prayers!!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:27   #1238
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses for ya sweetheart
Old 11-12-2009, 02:27   #1239
okie
GT Mayor

Some hugs also baby doll
Old 11-12-2009, 03:29   #1240
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Well I slept for 3 hours, that's more than I been getting so I'll take it.

Happy Thursday Morning from Baghdad.
Hello my dear; it sounds like you have turned the corner in regards to the nightmares. That makes very many of us on this board so very happy. You are more of an inspiration than you know. Gentle hugs my dear.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!