Sarcasm Inc.

Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:06   #1503
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Glad you had such a good time. I'm jealous!

SGT Adam going home??? But who's going to kick my ass to Qatar if I go outside the wire without my IBA on?

I'll be glad to know he's safely back in the States. Yes, I've spent some quality time with a hot water bottle, including right now. Although I'd rather be sleeping.

But I'll put the bottle down to back
You go outside the wire without your IBA, and I will come over and personally kick your ass a lot further than Qatar. To say nothing of SR and a few other people here.

But it ain't gonna happen, and we all know it.

Love, prayers, and gentle

Hawk
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36   #1504
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Hawk[/QUOTE]

Quote:
SGT Adam going home??? But who's going to kick my ass to Qatar if I go outside the wire without my IBA on?

I'll be glad to know he's safely back in the States. Yes, I've spent some quality time with a hot water bottle, including right now. Although I'd rather be sleeping.

But I'll put the bottle down to back
To borrow one of your favorite lines, if you even think of going out without your armor on I will kick you so hard you'll still be gaining altitude when you pass Qatar. I also wonder how many other people in this thread would do the same to you.

Brown Hawk I'm also glad your son will be home soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
I think I would alter Sawgrass's quote to: "False and excessive guilt is not only useless, it's damaging."

And that seems where part of your problem is. You didn't do anything to get Greg killed. You didn't set the ambush, you didn't pull the trigger.

Greg didn't do anything for you he wouldn't have done for another soldier. When Adam got hit by the IED, his first act was to bail out of the turret and check on the driver, to see if the driver was okay or needed a medic. Turned out both needed a medic.

Soldiers take care of each other when the bullets are flying. Sometimes they get killed trying.

Your guilt over Greg is a false guilt, and you need to see it that way. Sadness over his death is appropriate, but not guilt. Your running to the other vehicle was part of a military reaction to an ambush. Could have been two other people.

MASH had an episode once, where Hawkeye is trying to save a man long after everyone else knows there is no chance. The Colonel tells him two rules learned in command school:

Rule #1: In war, young men die.
Rule #2: Doctors can't change rule #1.

Change "Doctors" for commanders, friends, buddies, rule #2 still stands. We don't have to like it, we can fight it as hard as we can, as your medic did for you, but it still happens.

Greg's reaction was Adam's reaction was the reaction of soldiers to that situation. You are part of a family, and the family takes care of its own, regardless of the cost.

Don't let false guilt hide the true facts. Do you hurt for him? Yes. Just recognize it for the hurt of a missing family member, like you do for Florence, closer and more hurting because you were there, and reject the guilt.

Love, prayers, and VERY gentle
Good post. Wolfe I know you have not talked of this in a couple days but please heed what Brown Hawk is saying here.

Did you get the results from your MRI back today or will you have to wait until tommorow? I really hope the news is good.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43   #1505
deadday

Been a while since I checked in here.....what's this talk about not wearing your IBA? You know that is punishable by UCMJ and an ass kicking from everyone that knows you right?

If the IBA is giving you that much trouble, make nice with your supply and ask them to order you some of the lightweight, concealable body armor they give to the CID and MI guys...I'm sure you could come up with one and get a profile from your doc to wear it instead...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:37   #1506
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Hey kiddo, I have just discovered an honest to God miracle drug....Mobic...it doesn't help my back at all, but nothing else hurts...my knees...my ankles...my shoulders....my chest....It's some super mondo time released anti inflamatory....I laid down in bed last night and thought to myself, 'holy ****, nothing hurts right now!!'
Hey there, glad you stopped by. My doc finally tried this stuff on me today. He wanted to wait until I was there so he could watch for reactions, since so many meds don't like. It actually worked pretty good, and doc says he'll be giving it to me more. I was hoping it would since I need a good anti-inflammatory. Too bad it's worn off now....

Quote:
Been a while since I checked in here.....what's this talk about not wearing your IBA? You know that is punishable by UCMJ and an ass kicking from everyone that knows you right?

If the IBA is giving you that much trouble, make nice with your supply and ask them to order you some of the lightweight, concealable body armor they give to the CID and MI guys...I'm sure you could come up with one and get a profile from your doc to wear it instead...
Something tells me you'll be in that ass-kick line.......

That concealable stuff is nice but wouldn't have done it for me last December. Hell the full size plate I was wearing barely did the job, it was split apart. I actually don't wear the stuff anyway, remember I'm a REMF.

I'm not gonna make the mistake of calling myself a fobbit again, in case the Sergeant Major comes through here.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05   #1507
deadday

Quote:
Hey there, glad you stopped by. My doc finally tried this stuff on me today. He wanted to wait until I was there so he could watch for reactions, since so many meds don't like. It actually worked pretty good, and doc says he'll be giving it to me more. I was hoping it would since I need a good anti-inflammatory. Too bad it's worn off now....yeah, they say one pill supposed to last for 24 hours, but I found myself taking one every 12...doc said it was alright..

Something tells me you'll be in that ass-kick line.......
..I'll be wearin my ass-kickin boots too
That concealable stuff is nice but wouldn't have done it for me last December. Hell the full size plate I was wearing barely did the job, it was split apart. I actually don't wear the stuff anyway, remember I'm a REMF.

I'm not gonna make the mistake of calling myself a fobbit again, in case the Sergeant Major comes through here.

...you're somewhere in between the line/REMF/FOBBIT continuum...we're not really sure where you fall...sort of an out-lier....but we love you anyways
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 12-02-2009, 13:13   #1508
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Ok,....what's a REMF and what's a FOBBIT?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 13:43   #1509
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Ok,....what's a REMF and what's a FOBBIT?
REMF= Rear Echelon MotherFrakker
FOBBIT = Someone who never leaves the FOB {Forward Operating Base}

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 13:47   #1510
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Ok,.......

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 12-02-2009 at 14:30..
Old 12-02-2009, 14:45   #1511
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hang in there Girl,.......
I'm hangin' in, my friend. One more day is done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Some hugs also
Some from here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
I agree about the , but that'll be tough from inside of that Vette....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-02-2009, 14:55   #1512
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

engineer151515, I had to look up the Atticus reference. Looks like a good book that I need to read to completely understand the quote.

Quote:
Ok,....what's a REMF and what's a FOBBIT? : dunno:
Hereís a couple things beenwj said to me in other threads to clarify the difference between fobbit and REMF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennwj View Post
Lone Wolf,
I have read your posts. You are NOT a Fobbit. A Fobbit is an ugly vile creature that AVOIDS going outside the wire...not somebody who haas duties that have to be accomplished inside the wire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennwj View Post
You can be a REMF because of duty position or one because of attitude. You are one because of your duty position and you are serving our nation in the capacity that was asked of you. You are one of those great young (?) Americans who chose to join during a time of war, and you and those like you continue to reenlist at an amazing rate.
You caught one in the chest while in the selfless performance of your duties. ....................
But his definition I'm a REMF, but I'd better not call myself a fobbit anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ACUs and combat boots.........................
Ummmmmmmm, were you expecting anything different? :embarrassed:

Quote:
...you're somewhere in between the line/REMF/FOBBIT continuum...we're not really sure where you fall...sort of an out-lier....but we love you anyways : supergrin:
I love you too, even if you are coming after me with your ass-kicking boots onÖ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
You go outside the wire without your IBA, and I will come over and personally kick your ass a lot further than Qatar. To say nothing of SR and a few other people here.

But it ain't gonna happen, and we all know it. : supergrin:

Love, prayers, and gentle

Hawk
I could deal with it as long as you donít kick my chest, OK? So we got three of you lining up to kick my ass if I even look outside the wire without IBA, eh? Youíre right, that IBA saved my bacon onceÖÖ well with a lot of help from a medic, some docsÖÖÖ. And so on. So no worries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Good post. Wolfe I know you have not talked of this in a couple days but please heed what Brown Hawk is saying here.
Did you get the results from your MRI back today or will you have to wait until tommorow? I really hope the news is good.
You stole my lineÖ.
Iíll find out the results tomorrow. Iím glad, Iím a bit worried, although I really think docís right, itís just still-healing damage. I was feeling the cold a bit today, but not like I did on Sunday, thankfully.

Iíll talk about again, you donít have to worry about that. I canít just forget it, but the last few days Iíve pushed things aside again because of this other thing. I just donít multi-task so well anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Trouble free sleep for Miss Lone_ tonight.
Iíll get that tonight, thankfully. Iím heading in now for a good nightís conk. Glad itís time because that way I donít have to take any more pain meds today. Night!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-02-2009, 15:08   #1513
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

So we got three of you lining up to kick my ass if I even look outside the wire without IBA, eh?

Just remember that I'm first in line!

Although I might be willing to trade for two Glock 17s, an M1 Rifle and an M1 Carbine.

Hawk

ETA I can wait for the chastisement, (with the correct incentive), but I ain't tradin' my place in the "Dinner with LW" line for nothin'.

Last edited by Brown Hawk; 12-02-2009 at 15:10..
Brown Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 18:20   #1514
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
...What am I wearing? Ummmmm, this'll bore you....... ACU's, combat boots...... that's about it...... What were you hoping I was wearing?
Since you are an angel, I thought you might have this on ...

Okie Memorial Area

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE

Last edited by itisbruno; 12-02-2009 at 18:22..
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 18:24   #1515
mad.gunsmith
Silver Membership
Life NRA member

You, Sir, are already a hero in my eyes.
mad.gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 19:07   #1516
engineer151515

Quote:
engineer151515, I had to look up the Atticus reference. Looks like a good book that I need to read to completely understand the quote.
All you really need to know is that we will be here when you wake.

The rest is for when you want a good read.
Not a bad movie too.

Old 12-02-2009, 19:11   #1517
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:

Naw. ACUs and combat boots are fine.....

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 19:15   #1518
deadday

Quote:

....Mrs Dead gives ACUs a whole new level of....umm....professional Soldier looking...yeah, that's it...
Old 12-03-2009, 00:07   #1519
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
Since you are an angel, I thought you might have this on ...
<<<--- is no angel

Trust me Bruno, you DON'T want to see my fat old ugly ass in an outfit like that

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-03-2009, 02:13   #1520
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
<<<--- is no angel

Trust me Bruno, you DON'T want to see my fat old ugly ass in an outfit like that
I call BS
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14   #1521
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses sweetheart
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15   #1522
okie
GT Mayor

Some hugs also
Old 12-03-2009, 04:33   #1523
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Quote:

I agree about the , but that'll be tough from inside of that Vette....

You,me and two cats is a group dear
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:27   #1524
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
I call BS
Ahhhh, okie, flattery will get you everywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
You,me and two cats is a group dear
You really are a man after my heart.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-03-2009, 09:09   #1525
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
...., you DON'T want to see my fat old ugly ass in an outfit like that
.... pics of you dressed as Wonder Woman?!

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!