Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:41   #1201
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Miller View Post
Right on!

Even something so simple as the sunrise,can be an amazing sight after a close call.The silence can be deafening.

I quoted this from another thread because................

well. just because.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:35   #1202
GlockerMike
God Help Us

Just another picture for you to enjoy.

Okie Memorial Area
GlockerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16   #1203
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Critias that is a wonderful post. I have probably read your story. And I think you never have to worry about Wolfe ever taking another Ambien or Prozac.

Hawk I have known all along that you are a very wise man and you have just given me more proof.

What you are doing for Wolfe is incredible.

Hello everyone. I spoke to Wolfe a little while ago and I think what she said is true. She seems to have finally accepted that she almost died. Of course this would have happened months ago if not for the failed drug therapy but better late than never. She still seems very shaken but now she has hope. Please keep praying but I believe she is finally on the right track.
I agree about Critís post. Iíve probably read it 50 times by now. Thereís several in this thread like that. It really makes a difference when there's a common bond in this case. Thanks again Crit.

Hawk is just one of several people here that I think missed their calling. Iím so lucky that they are doing so much for me.

Are you happy now? I said what you wanted me to say. Yeah, I finally got the message. My nickname doesnít even bother me so much now. Iím still kinda dazed by it, and I got a lot to think about. Prayers are certainly still appreciated and will be for a while I guess.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-09-2009, 23:44   #1204
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:12..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 00:02   #1205
deadday

Okie Memorial Area

'Just popped in to say hai there!'
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:10   #1206
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Okie Memorial Area
Hi LW, just wanted to drop in and give you a pretty flower. I wish that I could post a photo of my seal point himilayan for you. Her name is Reagan (after Ronald) and she is a pretty cat. The photo must not be the right size, because it won't copy and paste. I've tried everything. If anyone has advice, I would like to learn.
Thanks for the PM. It has been nice reading your responses here. It seems as though a cloud has lifted and you might be feeling more optimistic. Remember, sweet pea, that you can always be completely frank here. We all admire your strength, courage and honesty. And, as we go through this, I am learning with you. I've received some curveballs lately, so the advice others give you and the wisdom you share, helps me too.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:41   #1207
wallytoo
FA4AA

May God bless you with a complete recovery and His everlasting peace.

(Sorry, I'm a late arrival to this thread, and haven't read it all, and doubt I will start at 1:30 AM)
wallytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:48   #1208
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Yeah, I finally got the message. My nickname doesnít even bother me so much now. Iím still kinda dazed by it, and I got a lot to think about. Prayers are certainly still appreciated and will be for a while I guess.
Prayers won't stop, nor will the

But you're the one doing the work here when you open up and let us talk, answer and encourage you. Opening up like you have is very hard, and in doing it you have helped yourself and others.

For that matter, tell the doctor that is now working with you that we owe him a beer for straightening out all the drug mess and getting you to where you could heal.

Love, prayers, and gentle

Hawk
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27   #1209
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Are you happy now? I said what you wanted me to say. Yeah, I finally got the message. My nickname doesnít even bother me so much now. Iím still kinda dazed by it, and I got a lot to think about. Prayers are certainly still appreciated and will be for a while I guess.
Of course Iím happy that you finally understand. Hopefully that means I can put the Louisville Slugger away soon. You just think about it and talk about as long as you need to. Then when you are ready you can deal with everything else you still have on your plate. I see you changed your location in your profile, Cat. I like it. Now be glad or where you are. Or else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 14:36   #1210
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Deadday is that your son? He’s adorable! The pup’s a cutie too.
I have a question for you about your nightmares, what were the “colors” ones like? The reason I ask is I had a nightmare again last night, but not like what I’ve been having. I don’t even remember it all, but I woke up from it like I have been. The good thing is I got about 3 hours sleep before I did. What I do remember about it is really vague, like I was watching a battle scene through frosted glass and all I could really see was the colors, but not the shapes. I could hear the sounds, but they seemed muffled.

GlockerMike was that pic really taken in Oklahoma? Wow, it’s beautiful, I need to visit there someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Of course I need a shrink. I'm a software engineer. : rofl:

It's just that you need to realize that some of your feelings and attitudes are the same feelings and attitudes of other people who have gone through things the same or similar to what you are experiencing.

Part of the healing process is realizing that other people have gone through the same array of emotions and problems, and that what you are going through is normal for your abnormal situation. (Say that five times fast! : whistling: )

On the other hand, no one has ever cured a software engineer - because we all know that we are the only sane ones in an insane world. I mean all the computers keep telling us that every day. :s upergrin:

Love, prayers and : hugs:

Hawk
If YOU need a shrink then I’m in trouble! You’re most sane that most people I know, including the different shrinks I’ve dealt with over here. Of course who am I to judge. They’ve already told me I’m crazy….. well, it not so many words. Oh, and the computers I work with seem to think I’m nuts too. They sure don’t want to do what I tell them until I get ready to go psycho on them.

But I do think you're doing me more good than the shrink I have now. That goes for a bunch of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Is this what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallytoo View Post
May God bless you with a complete recovery and His everlasting peace.

(Sorry, I'm a late arrival to this thread, and haven't read it all, and doubt I will start at 1:30 AM)
Thank you for your prayers wallytoo. Heh, I guess it has gotten a bit long for someone just joining. I'm thinking I should put a readers digest version in one of the page 1 posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Of course I’m happy that you finally understand. Hopefully that means I can put the Louisville Slugger away soon. You just think about it and talk about as long as you need to. Then when you are ready you can deal with everything else you still have on your plate. I see you changed your location in your profile, Cat. I like it. Now be glad or where you are. Or else.
Give the bat to Brown Hawk or something… It wouldn’t do much good for me to finally accept almost dying just to have you kill me, now would it. I can’t help think about it right now, even though people say not to. I’m sure that won’t last, but right now I’m just still kinda rocked by it. And yes, I can’t help but wonder why. I just hope it’s to do some real good in the world somehow. I know I have other stuff to face, but I don’t want to just yet. I just kind of want to enjoy this little victory. I’m still on the same side of a tombstone that you are.

And just who are you callin’ “Cat”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hi LW, just wanted to drop in and give you a pretty flower. I wish that I could post a photo of my seal point himilayan for you. Her name is Reagan (after Ronald) and she is a pretty cat. The photo must not be the right size, because it won't copy and paste. I've tried everything. If anyone has advice, I would like to learn.
Thanks for the PM. It has been nice reading your responses here. It seems as though a cloud has lifted and you might be feeling more optimistic. Remember, sweet pea, that you can always be completely frank here. We all admire your strength, courage and honesty. And, as we go through this, I am learning with you. I've received some curveballs lately, so the advice others give you and the wisdom you share, helps me too.
I love it when you "drop by". I wish I could see you kitty, I had a few Himis years ago. That’s a pretty Phal, makes me miss the ones I used to have. I’d like to get a few orchids when I get home. Yes, I’m starting to think the light at the end of the tunnel might not be the train. It’s still a ways off, but I’m starting to feel some hope again. I’m starting to realize I didn’t join the Borrowed Time Club just to give up and let the Afghani bastards win now. I still feel like I want to give up sometimes, but not as much and it’s a bit easier to push those thoughts away today than it was yesterday. It really does me some good to think all this is helping someone besides just me. I know I’m getting so much from all of you that I just feel selfish sometimes. But a friend was telling me recently how helping someone like me makes them feel good and he’s right. When I get the chance to do something for someone else I feel like I’m the one who benefits. He was also talking to me about how people need hope and how I’m the “against all odds survivor” and I give them hope. So maybe I’m really not the only one getting something from all this. I’m so glad that you are too.

Night everyone, time for to go get a good night's sleep.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 11-10-2009 at 14:39..
Old 11-10-2009, 14:40   #1211
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses for ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 14:41   #1212
okie
GT Mayor

Some of theses also
Old 11-10-2009, 14:43   #1213
okie
GT Mayor

And a
Old 11-10-2009, 20:00   #1214
deadday

Quote:
Deadday is that your son? He’s adorable! The pup’s a cutie too.
I have a question for you about your nightmares, what were the “colors” ones like? The reason I ask is I had a nightmare again last night, but not like what I’ve been having. I don’t even remember it all, but I woke up from it like I have been. The good thing is I got about 3 hours sleep before I did. What I do remember about it is really vague, like I was watching a battle scene through frosted glass and all I could really see was the colors, but not the shapes. I could hear the sounds, but they seemed muffled.
..that is the grandchild...adorable isn't he?

..the clors were flashes or different brights, then darks...purples, reds, blacks....ever been to a laser light show? Very similar to that..but terrifying for some reason..
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 20:54   #1215
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Old 11-10-2009, 20:55   #1216
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Old 11-10-2009, 23:26   #1217
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

I agree with BH on your dream, and his words of wisdom. Detached determination is a great way to describe what those combat docs have to manage... I don't how they manage to do it, patient after patient... Hard enough when the damage is done by an accident, let alone when every brutalized patient is a kid that someone deliberately bloodied, maimed, or destroyed... God bless them. It may feel cold and detached, but that's the only way I think they can keep from going totally insane with what man is capable of doing to other people's kids...

And yes, I also agree with BH software people can be odd, and I would add that they can smell funny if they stay in the computer lab too long (which they often do, at least in school.) But they *are* emminently logical, and I think that logic is very helpful in wading through & understanding emotional turmoil sometimes. And then there are those times my wife tells me to quit being a GD fixer and just listen... I don't do the "just listen" thing well- Listen-and-fix, Listen-and-fix: That's what I do. "If you don't need your problem fixed, don't tell me about it, cuz ima fix your GD'ed problem, woman!" ;-) But I digress...

The "Borrowed Time Club" is a funny thing. Two-time member myself. Once after being attacked by 8 ****bags, including having my skull cracked by a 2x4 (which explains some things) and when that didn't work, knifed a couple times. But by then my buddies were becoming aware of what was going on, and wading into the fray... And there's something tremendously empowering about coming through the far side of that. In my case, knowing that I held the field of battle, still standing, while they fled... Well, it's hard for anybody to drag me down in the business world now-a-days, because I've been through worse and I'm still ****ing standing.

Take some of that away- You have been on a ride/journey through the deepest, darkest parts of your soul, and are in the process of coming out the other side. Don't expect to ever be the "same" person- To attempt that would be immensely frustrating. But you may find a sort of peace and inner power and dignity that you can hold onto in your core for the rest of your life.

One of the fears my nightmares surfaced was of powerlessness and victimization. Being unable to act as I was surrounded and knifed over and over, in graphic 1st-person detail, was one of them. Part of getting past that was taking control of that fear- Acknowledging it for what it was, and after an appropriate time to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons, getting trained and armed.

In your case, I'm not sure your dream is calling for as much action on your part, as it is acceptance. Perhaps moving through that illusion of total independence/self-sufficiency and into a greater understanding of our inter-conected-ness and inter-dependence, which is a frightening thing. It sort of sounds like that's where you may, in fact, be going now. But, that's just my take based on the snapshot we see a world away, here...

I pray that you may find that place of inner strength and peace where the troubles of the world, and the noise of life, will have a harder time shaking your core, and your foundations remain secure in the knowledge of who you are, and what you are capable of... Lady_Wolfe, Princess_Wolfe, hold your head high- For you, too, are still standing.
Outpost Member #69.14159

Last edited by RottnJP; 11-10-2009 at 23:29..
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 23:33   #1218
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.

This is absolutely superb...... Thank you.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:23   #1219
GlockerMike
God Help Us

Quote:
GlockerMike was that pic really taken in Oklahoma?
Shoot no LW! We got lots of red dirt and open prairies here, unless you go southeast or northeast. That was just one of many graphics I've saved off the web over the years. The caption read this:

"The Wizard of Awe, Wizard Island, Crater Lake National Park, Oregon"

My view is of things more like this:

Okie Memorial Area

and this:

Okie Memorial Area

GlockerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:28   #1220
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Okie I can't believe you slipped her the Tongue in public like that

I'm a bad boy

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!