Guess what LW honey, if you guessed more kisses you was right
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:25   #1142
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
You knock it off, damnit! I made a promise to everyone in here that I wouldnít do anything stupid no matter how badly I wanted to. Now maybe the things I say are just part of releasing the things inside that are hurting. Do you want me to stop doing that?
So please understand, I can think about it, I can wish for it, but Iím not going to give up and let those Afghani ****stains win.

I'm trying to believe...

The Louisville Slugger please. And I'm less afraid of AK_Stick getting me shot again than I am of you with a bat or a needle in your hand....

Speaking of needles, it's that time again.... Night everyone!
Yes, saying things like that does help you release it. But SR has been through enough when it was real and not releasing that she can be forgiven for being a little hyper-sensitive.

Yes, use the Louisville Slugger. One should always stick with tradition.

Three times woken by nightmares means three times you went to sleep. We can go back in these posts and find when you couldn't get to sleep, when you couldn't get back to sleep after waking up with a nightmare, and now you're getting to sleep three times.

I know you don't think of it that way, but I see that as progress, and pretty good progress as well.

And Adam officially got his stripes Tuesday. But after the 'pinning' ceremony, he probably would like some of your chest pain meds.

Love prayers and gentle

Hawk
Old 11-05-2009, 09:12   #1143
fgutie35

Quote:
Wow, what a scary night that had to be. Glad you only had it for one night. I would guess that you were able to face your demon. My dreams are pretty similar, except that they recur. In my case I’m pretty sure it’s my subconscious trying to get a point across.
Look, you may think I'm crazy, but that's OK, cause what I'm about to tell you, is not really coming from me, but thru me. You are almost right about the comment that I bolded on your previous statement, but there is more to it. I'm going to be blunt and to the point, because to explain to you where I come from with this, would take more than one post or pages.
You have a battle within yourself and an evil entity is feeding you with negativity mostly when you are asleep. You need to fight this entity that has clinged to you on your weakness and won't let you go. You need help from some one in the spiritual realm, wether is your guardian angel, a saint, Mary, Jesus, God or whoever you consider your God; but you need help beyond this realm. There are forces at play beyond our understanding. There is a war going on as we speak on the spiritual world and is starting to cross over the line. The veil that was given to us by the grace of God, is dissolving; for some faster than others. Sometimes, God speak to us thru other people and we need to be wise and listen carefully to know when. There is a reason why so many people has been drawn to you on this forum, trying to lift your spirit and give you words of consolation. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO GOD, he is trying to talk to you. He loves you soo much that he is moving the earth aound you to get your attention. Something is keeping you from listening and that something is an evil spirit. You need to fight it. I will personally pray for you to be able to gather the strenght and the wisdom to accomplish this.

Last edited by fgutie35; 11-05-2009 at 09:27..
fgutie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:12   #1144
sawgrass

Takes all kinds to make the world go around.

LW, put the negative self talk away. You are a strong woman, you are a smart woman, you used to share a common passion, (GT), and you are a US Soldier. From what I've learned about you,I believe you have the inner strength to overcome this.

SG
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 13:40   #1145
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgutie35 View Post
Look, you may think I'm crazy, but that's OK, cause what I'm about to tell you, is not really coming from me, but thru me...................

Fgutie35, no I donít think youíre crazy, but I donít understand where youíre coming from. Shrinks, doctors and others that deal with me agree that the nightmares are caused by my (so far) inability to accept the idea that I almost died from my injuries. It makes sense to me because whenever it seems to sink in I get too afraid to face it. In recent weeks I think Iím getting close to that point, in fact today Iíve been walking around kind of in a daze thinking about my recently meeting the medic who took care of me, and of what happened this morning (post #1140), and some other things such as some of the posts in here. Iím kinda feeling like I got run over by an MRAP still.

Now to let you know I do pray and I do listen to God and try to understand whatís happened/happening to me. My prayers arenít always coherent because there are times when my mind doesnít function right at all. I stay away from here then because I couldnít write an understandable post if I wanted to. Other times I can pray pretty rationally if I do say so myself.

If I understand what youíre saying these nightmares arenít coming from me at all, but from another source. You disagree with everyone whoís dealt with me. Iím not saying youíre wrong, just that I donít understand. Would you be willing to explain where you come from (and who) in a PM? Maybe then Iíll understand. I thank you and appreciate your prayers.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 15:24   #1146
BlueMalibu
What Limit?

Send a message via AIM to BlueMalibu
Just thought of something else that might help.

I used to have this nightmare over and over when I was younger. Actually pretty trivial compared to your situation but bothered me at the time.

In HS I was a grill cook at a local bar/grill. I worked Friday/Saturday nights which were very busy. I spent several hours each shift barely keeping up with the orders coming in. Not a big deal in the big scheme of life but was prominent in my teenage years.

So I started getting this dream where the orders would come piling in. An then I couldn't keep up and everyone starting complaining. I was a failure.

So this dream would keep coming back. Fortunately, not every night. But enough to bother me.

Well, one time I was having this dream and something new happened. I was in the dream and became aware that I was in the dream while dreaming it. My consciousness recognized it. I did not wake up. Instead, realizing I was in the dream, I took all the order tickets...tore them up....and threw them away. I awoke to relief and never had that dream again!

Since that event many many years ago there have been some other conscious dreams and they have all been very meaningful in some way. One of these dreams I had did involve a very spiritual matter that has changed my life for the better.

I researched this phenomenon and it is not all that uncommon.

So maybe this can help you in some way. Might be worth discussing with your docs.

I will say a prayer for you tonight. And yes I do believe it can make a difference. I am glad to hear you also pray for yourself as your prayer will make a bigger difference, IMO.
And not to know is to know.
*From the Tao-te Ching.
BlueMalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 15:58   #1147
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
How you doing tonight?

Hope the pictures and video at least brightened your day!

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:11   #1148
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
How you doing tonight?

Hope the pictures and video at least brightened your day!
I took a Benadryl and was about to try to sleep when I looked at the news headlines and saw about the shooting. A young man that is unofficially a son to me is stationed there and I'm worried.

I had a long day, walked around feeling like I been run over and still trying to lick these nightmares. Seems like a step forward and two steps back sometimes. It's 2AM and I need to at least try to sleep sometime tonight, at least long enough to have my usual nightmares...

AK_Stick, loved the pics, you have a different perspective on the world in them...

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-05-2009, 17:23   #1149
engineer151515

Old 11-05-2009, 18:03   #1150
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Still praying for those nightmares to leave you alone. You are covered with prayers, dear friend. Take care and write when you can.

Gentle hugs for our girl.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 19:40   #1151
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Thank you . I need them tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Still praying for those nightmares to leave you alone. You are covered with prayers, dear friend. Take care and write when you can. : wavey:

Gentle hugs for our girl.

I'm glad to see you. It brightens my night a bit when you come and say Hi. Unfortunately the nightmares didn't leave me alone yet.
I went to sleep maybe an hour ago and was woke up by a different one. Not my usual. I'll explain it later, I can't see to type through tears right now. Still no word from my boy at Hood either.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-05-2009, 19:48   #1152
Tow/Repo
CLM Number 225
Charter Lifetime Member

I pray for Kyle..... we all are.

Please get some rest

ATOY
Tow/Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 21:05   #1153
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow/Repo View Post
I pray for Kyle..... we all are.

Please get some rest

ATOY
Thanks Tow/Repo. I'm sure he's fine.

That nightmare I had earlier has me too upset to calm back down. I been sitting here crying and a bit of screaming, just trying not to throw this computer. Think I'll grab some breakfast.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-06-2009, 02:18   #1154
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW, put the negative self talk away. You are a strong woman, you are a smart woman, you used to share a common passion, (GT), and you are a US Soldier. From what I've learned about you,I believe you have the inner strength to overcome this.

SG
I'm working at that, it's not easy right now. Either I have the strength or I get the strength I need from you folks in here, but either way I'll find a way to keep those Afghani bastards from winning.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-06-2009, 02:52   #1155
okie
GT Mayor

Hiya LW honey
Old 11-06-2009, 02:52   #1156
okie
GT Mayor

Old 11-06-2009, 03:17   #1157
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:09..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18   #1158
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Been awhile since I said hello. Was hoping you was sleeping better by now. Guess not. I'm not sleeping well either but for different reasons. Hang in there!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25   #1159
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You knock it off, damnit! I made a promise to everyone in here that I wouldn’t do anything stupid no matter how badly I wanted to. Now maybe the things I say are just part of releasing the things inside that are hurting. Do you want me to stop doing that?
So please understand, I can think about it, I can wish for it, but I’m not going to give up and let those Afghani ****stains win.
I will be glad when I can knock it off. I want to be convinced you mean this even when you are crying and screaming or completely incoherent. I worry about you because I care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Yes, saying things like that does help you release it. But SR has been through enough when it was real and not releasing that she can be forgiven for being a little hyper-sensitive.
Yes, use the Louisville Slugger. One should always stick with tradition.
Three times woken by nightmares means three times you went to sleep. We can go back in these posts and find when you couldn't get to sleep, when you couldn't get back to sleep after waking up with a nightmare, and now you're getting to sleep three times.
I know you don't think of it that way, but I see that as progress, and pretty good progress as well. :
And Adam officially got his stripes Tuesday. But after the 'pinning' ceremony, he probably would like some of your chest pain meds.
Love prayers and gentle
Hawk
Brown Hawk if I was as convinced as you are that it's not real anymore I would not mind her venting. When she posts in here she has time to calm down and think rationally. I hear from her when she is upset and can hear it in her voice and things she says that still scare me. She tries to hide it from me. I think she just needs to banish those thoughts altogether.

If I take her Louisville Slugger to her she won't wake up from the nightmare at all that night.

Please give my Congratulations to your son on his promotion. It sounds like they are still pounding the rank insignia when the person gets promoted. With that in mind I hope Wolfe never gets promoted again since she does not need to be hit by anything in that location again.

Quote:
I'm glad to see you. It brightens my night a bit when you come and say Hi. Unfortunately the nightmares didn't leave me alone yet.
I went to sleep maybe an hour ago and was woke up by a different one. Not my usual. I'll explain it later, I can't see to type through tears right now. Still no word from my boy at Hood either. :
Wolfe you be sure your doctor OK you using OTC sleep aids. I know how badly you need the sleep but you have a very bad history with all these meds. I tried to call you but got no answer. Please call me I have some questions about your incident at the hospital yesterday morning. How different was last night's nightmare from your regular ones? I wonder if the change means anything.

Have you heard anything about Kyle yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:45   #1160
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Brown Hawk if I was as convinced as you are that it's not real anymore I would not mind her venting. When she posts in here she has time to calm down and think rationally. I hear from her when she is upset and can hear it in her voice and things she says that still scare me. She tries to hide it from me. I think she just needs to banish those thoughts altogether.I'm not totally convinced yet, but verbalizing can help banish the thoughts. You know her better than I do, and you talk to her, so you're a better judge.

If I take her Louisville Slugger to her she won't wake up from the nightmare at all that night. What ever it takes to get her through the night!!

Please give my Congratulations to your son on his promotion. Thanks, I will.It sounds like they are still pounding the rank insignia when the person gets promoted. At least in the Cav. Used to be the arm until they move the stripes from the arm to the chest.With that in mind I hope Wolfe never gets promoted again since she does not need to be hit by anything in that location again. Just have her wear the plates in the body armor.
All the best,

Hawk

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!