Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2009, 18:11   #1121
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I was asleep once already. Damn nightmare made sure that didn't last.

Maybe if you put me to sleep I can stay that way....

Zonny, PM sent

For you, anything

Besides, I just got the last of my containers customs sealed, I'm so amped up I can't sleep. Might as well do something worth while with my night.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 18:24   #1122
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
back at ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
For you, anything

Besides, I just got the last of my containers customs sealed, I'm so amped up I can't sleep. Might as well do something worth while with my night.

The question might be, how do you intend to put me to sleep?

Do I need to hide my bat?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 18:33   #1123
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Hahaha, No worries, I'm not going to do anything to get myself in trouble.

I don't want to get shot by the gf, and I most definitely wouldn't want to be the one responsible for getting you shot again!

I guess I could tell you a story about my super exciting deployment here in Kosovo, and all the action we've seen.

You know what with the food fight in the chow hall, and the commander going down with a point blank pie to the face. Cherry filling everywhere, it was awful.

Hope you're doin alright tonight.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 11-03-2009, 18:43   #1124
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

I don't want to get shot by the gf, and I most definitely wouldn't want to be the one responsible for getting you shot again!

I guess I could tell you a story about my super exciting deployment here in Kosovo, and all the action we've seen.

You know what with the food fight in the chow hall, and the commander going down with a point blank pie to the face. Cherry filling everywhere, it was awful.

Hope you're doin alright tonight.
That's a relief, because I really, REALLY never want to get shot again! Unless it just kills me instantly so I don't have to feel it..........

You need to post a video of the food fight on youtube.

I'm doing about as well as I usually do when I can't sleep because of a nightmare. I'll be glad when these damn nags die!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-03-2009, 18:47   #1125
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

I know the feeling.

Whats odd, is I can't remember when mine quit. It was like they were there one day, and the next I was just....not over it, thats the wrong way to say it, but maybe done?

The food fight was good though. I think the TCN's were a bit pissed when they had to clean up.

Lets see what else, oh, we installed a stripper pole in my office at the hanger. That made for good times. Corse I had to show off my exciting skills on it.

Old 11-03-2009, 19:29   #1126
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I know the feeling.

Whats odd, is I can't remember when mine quit. It was like they were there one day, and the next I was just....not over it, thats the wrong way to say it, but maybe done?

The food fight was good though. I think the TCN's were a bit pissed when they had to clean up.

Lets see what else, oh, we installed a stripper pole in my office at the hanger. That made for good times. Corse I had to show off my exciting skills on it.
Well I'll be sooooo glad when mine quit. I just tried to sleep again and went straight into another one. I guess they haven't gotten thier point across yet.

The TCN's were probably pissed that they didn't get to participate, too. The TCN's here would want to join the fight.

You on a stripper pole.... Now I really want the video!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-03-2009, 22:39   #1127
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:

You know..I happen to own one.

-Historian-
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20   #1128
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpadrum View Post
Quote:

Hi bumpadrum, thank you. It always does me good to see you come around.
I'm always around Sister, even if I'm not piping up and posting.

I support the Wounded Warrior Project, the Armed Forces Aid Campaign, and the Military Order of the Purple Heart, and I have made you my personalized manifestation of that support. Whenever I get one of their solicitations I think "this is good for Lone_Wolfe, I'm going to help".

So when the going gets tough and the tears begin to fall just know these organizations, GT, and me are all there for you.

I will do whatever I can, short of cat ownership.

Well I appreciate you my friend, I hope you know that. I look forward to seeing you here. All I ask are your prayers, and cat ownership isn't required. Dog ownership is optional too. Besides cats don't have owners, they have staff.

I haven't had much contact with any outside organizations yet since I'm still in the sand, but they do a lot of good.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24   #1129
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

I SEEEEE you!

How'd it go last night and such?

Are you ~12 hrs. ahead of Kali time, or behind Kali time? I never can keep straight if my afternoon is your "last night" or if my daytime is your "last night" or CURRENT night, and of course, yes, I WOULD lose my head were it not attached
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52   #1130
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53   #1131
okie
GT Mayor

Some hugs also
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:08   #1132
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Well I'll be sooooo glad when mine quit. I just tried to sleep again and went straight into another one. I guess they haven't gotten thier point across yet.

The TCN's were probably pissed that they didn't get to participate, too. The TCN's here would want to join the fight.

PM me an e-mail and I'll send it. I'm sure you'll get plenty of laughs.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:13   #1133
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
: supergrin:

How'd it go last night and such?

Are you ~12 hrs. ahead of Kali time, or behind Kali time? I never can keep straight if my afternoon is your "last night" or if my daytime is your "last night" or CURRENT night, and of course, yes, I WOULD lose my head were it not attached
How did it go? Well, I fell asleep twice and woke up out of a nightmare both times almost as soon as I fell asleep. A third time I tried to go to sleep it started before I was even completely asleep.

I'm 11 hours ahead of you there. It's 5PM Wednedsay here as I write this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Some hugs also
Thank you okie, I needed them. back

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-04-2009, 10:07   #1134
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Hey LW!!! :
Hello Zonny. How is your daughter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMalibu View Post
Lone_Wolfe,

Just read your last post.

Well said and thought out.

Since you can so clearly analyze your own situation I believe that you are clearly on the road to full recovery. Believe this and it will happen. Never underestimate the power of the mind to heal thyself.
Well stated BlueMalibu and so true about our minds. Wolfe you need to start believing in yourself again. You did before and you can again. I believe in you.

Quote:
I'm hanging if fingernails and thread count. I'll be glad when it gets easier. :
You hang in any way you have to. Just stop thinking of doing anything but that!

Quote:
:The question might be, how do you intend to put me to sleep?

Do I need to hide my bat?
AK_Stick is not the one you have to worry about. I have dibs on putting you to sleep using a bat. Do you prefer the Easton or the Louisville Slugger?
I have no doubt he can find another very effective way to knock you out.

Quote:

Some of us would be truly unhappy if you were to cause her to get shot again.

Quote:
That's a relief, because I really, REALLY never want to get shot again! Unless it just kills me instantly so I don't have to feel it..........

I'm doing about as well as I usually do when I can't sleep because of a nightmare. I'll be glad when these damn nags die!
Knock that kind of talk off!
And I will be almost as glad as you when you can finally sleep through a night unaided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:22   #1135
deadday

...this will probably sound really stupid, but have you tried benadryl for sleep? I have been on just about every sleeping medication known to man..most didn't work at all...some worked for a week or two....then one day my doc said, hey, take 2 or 3 benadryl and let me know how that works....well....it knocked me the hell out....it still does, to this day...I try not use it too often because I don't want to build up a tolerance...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:35   #1136
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
...this will probably sound really stupid, but have you tried benadryl for sleep? I have been on just about every sleeping medication known to man..most didn't work at all...some worked for a week or two....then one day my doc said, hey, take 2 or 3 benadryl and let me know how that works....well....it knocked me the hell out....it still does, to this day...I try not use it too often because I don't want to build up a tolerance...
I have used and still sometimes use that, Tylenol PM and other OTC sleep meds. Iím highly sensitive to anything like that which is at least part of why the prescription stuff and anti-depressants messed me up like they did. If I use any of them now they knock me right out like always, but unfortunately the nightmares are bad enough that I wake from them anyway. It just takes a bit longer I think and it can be harder to clear my head enough to stop screaming and or crying. Kind of a damned if I do, damned if I donít situation.

I have to be extra careful now that I donít take anything that reacts with my pain meds. MY doc finally put me back on some stronger stuff (Thank God), but if I have any kind of reaction that even reminds him of before heíll stop giving them to me. Between the internal stuff still healing and the weather changing thereís no way in Hell Iím gonna chance not getting good pain meds, so I always ask if somethingís OK before I take it.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-04-2009, 13:02   #1137
deadday

Quote:
I have used and still sometimes use that, Tylenol PM and other OTC sleep meds. I’m highly sensitive to anything like that which is at least part of why the prescription stuff and anti-depressants messed me up like they did. If I use any of them now they knock me right out like always, but unfortunately the nightmares are bad enough that I wake from them anyway. It just takes a bit longer I think and it can be harder to clear my head enough to stop screaming and or crying. Kind of a damned if I do, damned if I don’t situation.

I have to be extra careful now that I don’t take anything that reacts with my pain meds. MY doc finally put me back on some stronger stuff (Thank God), but if I have any kind of reaction that even reminds him of before he’ll stop giving them to me. Between the internal stuff still healing and the weather changing there’s no way in Hell I’m gonna chance not getting good pain meds, so I always ask if something’s OK before I take it.
..have you tried sleeping with music playing? Some Enya or Loreena McKennitt? That seemed to help me with the nightmares some when they were really bad..
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 14:18   #1138
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I don't sugar coat it,....why should you?
PM me if ya need to.
Hey friend, I didn't mean to blow you off. I just really couldn't bring myself to talk about it. Forgive me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
..have you tried sleeping with music playing? Some Enya or Loreena McKennitt? That seemed to help me with the nightmares some when they were really bad..
Deadday lately I've been putting on noise cancelling headphones and playing stuff from my favorites collection down low as I'm going to sleep. It's kind of nice not hearing the air conditioner and the loudmouths outside, but when I wake up thrashing I'm afraid of breaking the headphones. Once I stop that the music does seem to help me a bit to relax, but not necessarily to get back to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMalibu View Post
Lone_Wolfe,

Just read your last post.

Well said and thought out.

Since you can so clearly analyze your own situation I believe that you are clearly on the road to full recovery. Believe this and it will happen. Never underestimate the power of the mind to heal thyself.
BlueMalibu, I always thought my mind was my strongest part. It's hard to understand that it can be ill just like the rest of me can be. Right now it doesn't feel like I could possibly get better, but might that be part of the sickness? I wonder..

I want to believe, it's hard right now, but I just keep hoping things will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Well stated BlueMalibu and so true about our minds. Wolfe you need to start believing in yourself again. You did before and you can again. I believe in you.

You hang in any way you have to. Just stop thinking of doing anything but that!
Knock that kind of talk off!

AK_Stick is not the one you have to worry about. I have dibs on putting you to sleep using a bat. Do you prefer the Easton or the Louisville Slugger?
I have no doubt he can find another very effective way to knock you out.: supergrin:

Some of us would be truly unhappy if you were to cause her to get shot again.

And I will be almost as glad as you when you can finally sleep through a night unaided.
You knock it off, damnit! I made a promise to everyone in here that I wouldnít do anything stupid no matter how badly I wanted to. Now maybe the things I say are just part of releasing the things inside that are hurting. Do you want me to stop doing that?
So please understand, I can think about it, I can wish for it, but Iím not going to give up and let those Afghani ****stains win.

I'm trying to believe...

The Louisville Slugger please. And I'm less afraid of AK_Stick getting me shot again than I am of you with a bat or a needle in your hand....

Speaking of needles, it's that time again.... Night everyone!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-04-2009, 14:46   #1139
fgutie35

I'm pretty sure it has been advised before just by looking at the amount of replies on your post (1,400), but may I suggest you pray before you go to sleep and then find a christian song and start singing it in your head until you fall asleep? It worked for me one time I had a series of nightmares in one night. I even got to see my own demon in one of them. He revealed itself to me and let me know who he was (I know it sounds crazy). On one of the dreams, I was killed several times by gunfire. Every time I would get killed and blackout, I would hope I would wake up, but no I would just "wake up" to the next scene where I was going to be shot yet again. It was the worse dream ever cause I could feel everything from the hard slap of the bullet's kinetic energy to the burning feeling from the wound, to the warm dripping of my blood running down my body. When I finally woke up to this world, I was sh***ing bricks and was afraid to go back to sleep. The I pray very sincerely to jesus, to help me with this demonic attack and then I remembered a christian song I used to sing in the kid's choir at a church when I was a kid. I slept like a baby after that, and when I woke up, I said a prayer of gratitude to God for helping me out.

P.S. One thing I did not mentioned; I'm not religious nor attend a specific church.
Yeah! It was THAT BAD!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:07   #1140
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgutie35 View Post
I'm pretty sure it has been advised before just by looking at the amount of replies on your post ................
Yeah! It was THAT BAD!
Wow, what a scary night that had to be. Glad you only had it for one night. I would guess that you were able to face your demon. My dreams are pretty similar, except that they recur. In my case Iím pretty sure itís my subconscious trying to get a point across. I donít know a lot of songs from the Christian genre, but I like to pick a song or songs with a positive message and play them while Iím trying to sleep. I donít know if itís having any effect, as Iím still having the nightmares, but it sure canít hurt.

This morning at the hospital I didnít wake up as quickly and calmly as normal. Apparently a medic didnít shut my drip off properly, at least thatís what I was told. I felt pressure on my chest, more than normal, but not enough to be seriously painful. I opened my eyes and realized it was a PA with one hand with his hand on my chest, the heel of it at ground zero and an oxygen mask on my face. He was saying ďEasy there, donít fight itĒ. At first I wondered why his was there instead of on my shoulder like I would normally expect if I was fighting the anesthesia. But I realized what he was doing was trying to get me to breathe slower and stop thrashing around. I felt like I couldnít get enough air. I think I may have started into a bad dream before I woke up, because when I felt the mask and pressure I really thought it was still last year and that I was dying. Luckily it didnít last long and when my head cleared a bit I stopped struggling and just layed still so he would know he could take the mask off and stop holding me down. Strange experience, I was really freaked out during the time I thought I was about to die, much more so than I have been at that thought.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!