Quote:
Originally Posted by mad.gunsmith View Post
Tank you for your Service!

Come home soon
Thank you mad.gunsmith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
I'd be injured if I tried this with one of my boys
Awwwwwwwwwwww. I used to have a Siamese boy who was a bit like this one. I had him trained not to right himself when I dropped him upside-down onto my couch from 2-3 feet up. He knew if he landed on his back he would get a tummy rub.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 13:56   #1352
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

You know I've come to the conclusion that my Doctor's pretty cool. Besides all the stuff I've told you about previously he does little things like keep me asleep longer if there's a rain front rolling in. Today I went in for my physical therapy which always leaves me hurting afterward, and he ran into me in the hallway. Yesterday was a day off from the therapy and today was dry and a bit warmer than it has been so I was feeling better than I had in a couple weeks at least. Well he walks in with me and tells the medic waiting for me that I could have the day off again. He said it would do me more good just to walk around for a day not holding my chest from constant pain. I found myself agreeing with him. It was nice not to have to be stoned and wearing a hot water bottle after these last several days. Wish we all had docs this cool.

Well, it's about that time. Night folks.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-20-2009, 20:18   #1353
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Okie Memorial Area

I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 20:34   #1354
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
You know I've come to the conclusion that my Doctor's pretty cool. Besides all the stuff I've told you about previously he does little things like keep me asleep longer if there's a rain front rolling in. Today I went in for my physical therapy which always leaves me hurting afterward, and he ran into me in the hallway. Yesterday was a day off from the therapy and today was dry and a bit warmer than it has been so I was feeling better than I had in a couple weeks at least. Well he walks in with me and tells the medic waiting for me that I could have the day off again. He said it would do me more good just to walk around for a day not holding my chest from constant pain. I found myself agreeing with him. It was nice not to have to be stoned and wearing a hot water bottle after these last several days. Wish we all had docs this cool.

for your doc and gentle ones for you.
Old 11-21-2009, 00:41   #1355
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post

That's funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
: thumbsup: for your doc and gentle ones for you.
back to you

I agree, he's gotten to be pretty cool. I just back from being knocked out. this morning he asked me if I was sick of being a pincushion and I said I was but that it was better than when I would be if I weren't getting any sleep. He had to agree with that....

As soon as I woke up I could feel weather changing, but when I walked outside it's clear and sunny. Oh well, guess it won't be later. Or it'll be colder...

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2009, 01:02   #1356
mnglocker
Rope Czar

Send a message via AIM to mnglocker

Morn'n LW.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:24   #1357
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnglocker View Post
Morn'n LW.
Hiya Handsome!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2009, 08:27   #1358
dad2thebone
Hi caliber golf

LW,

Not sure what all you're going through, but this thread mentioned some songs and singing. Here's one I wrote when my life was going great. Maybe it'll lift your spirits and make ya laugh. Hopefully you'll be able to sing it yourself one day soon. It's called the "I ain't got the blues" blues. (Sung to the tune of the traditional old basic blues song).

Woke up this morning...in my kingsize bed.
Slipped into my slippers...kissed my girl on the head.
Strolled into the kitchen...with the sun comin' up...
I had EVERYTHING for breakfast, gourmet coffee in my cup.

Chorus:
I got the 'I ain't got the blues' blues
Every nite and every day.
No work and all play.
Every time I look around me,
I see things are goin' my way

Now I had some troubles...but I forgot what they were.
My girl calls me 'sweetheart'...my boss calls me 'sir'.
Get into my new car...starts up every time.
My head is full of folly and my closet's full of wine.

Chorus:
Every nite and every day.
No work and all play.
Every time I look around me,
I see things are goin' my way.

Come home in the evenin'...with the sun settin' low.
My baby's all dressed up...with no place to go.
I'd ask what she's thinkin...but I already know,
She wants to show me that she love me, just in case I didn't know!

She gimme them I aint got the blues blues,
Every night and every day.
She gimme them I aint got the blues blues,
No work and all play.
Every time I look around me, I see things are goin' my way!

LW, I've had some serious sickness and some deep heartache. I made it through by trusting in the promises of the Bible. There is one thing God can't do; He can't lie. He has promised to see you through anything if you'll trust Him. Hope you're better soon.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:46   #1359
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Wolfe I'm glad your doctor is able to use a little descretion in treating you. I know how badly you need to have at least a little time not feeling the pain you have been. I know any reprieve is temporary right now but eventually you will get better if you deal with your psychological issues so your body can rest and heal itself. Keep talking and working on it.

dad2thebone I think you may have a future in songwriting. I like that.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 13:04   #1360
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2thebone View Post
LW,

Not sure what all you're going through, but this thread mentioned some songs and singing. Here's one I wrote when my life was going great. Maybe it'll lift your spirits and make ya laugh. Hopefully you'll be able to sing it yourself one day soon. It's called the "I ain't got the blues" blues. .......LW, I've had some serious sickness and some deep heartache. I made it through by trusting in the promises of the Bible. There is one thing God can't do; He can't lie. He has promised to see you through anything if you'll trust Him. Hope you're better soon.
Thanks for the song, Dad2thebone, that was nice.
I'm working on the trusting God and I think he's working on me to.... At least I hope he is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I'm glad your doctor is able to use a little descretion in treating you. I know how badly you need to have at least a little time not feeling the pain you have been. I know any reprieve is temporary right now but eventually you will get better if you deal with your psychological issues so your body can rest and heal itself. Keep talking and working on it.

dad2thebone I think you may have a future in songwriting. I like that.
I'm glad he did that too, but the therapist sure made up for it today. As much as it hurts I know that this is the "No pain, No gain" type of pain. I have to go through it in order to get my breathing and all back to normal or anything close. I aggravated my injuries so many times during the time I was reacting to the meds that I pretty much had to start over a lot of this rehab stuff around the first of September because of all the time I lost. I'd like to be able to make up for some lost time, but if I push too hard it seems to do more harm than good. This is a lot of a step forward and a step back, but I've made a little progress in this area. I just need to grow some patience...... and fast!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2009, 13:26   #1361
okie
GT Mayor

More hugs and kisses LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 17:45   #1362
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
More hugs and kisses LW honey

Thank you sweetie. Those hit the spot tonight.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2009, 18:16   #1363
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Thanksgiving is upon us, dear one. Thinking of blessings makes me think of you. You are a blessing to everyone you come in contact with here. Whether it's by way of inspiring someone to experience more in their lives or to love their family better, knowing it can be taken away so easily. Or, showing us all, by example what it is like to come back from a near death experience, living through the trials of the physical and emotional pain, and being brave enough to share it with so many that love you and are pulling for you. You see it as just doing what you have to do. We see it as extraordinary. You have also shown us how God works through your life as you get better and grow closer to Him. He has answered so many prayers said for you. I just want to take this time to praise Him for all of the work He has done in you and through you, for others. I praise God for you, LW and am thankful to be able to call you a friend. Love you sweet pea.
Okie Memorial Area
Heritage Sweet Pea

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 18:25   #1364
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:

Hope you're having a good night.

I think at this rate, you'll be out of the sandbox before I make America........ Delayed again. I don't know if my liver can take more than 18 days in germany......

Take Care.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 19:48   #1365
23skidoo
Deceased

I hope you slept well tonight my dear.
Old 11-21-2009, 20:31   #1366
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I hope you slept well tonight my dear.
Well, that's a nice thought but it didn't happen. It's 0630 and I got about 45 minutes sleep around midnight. Dangit!

back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Hope you're having a good night.

I think at this rate, you'll be out of the sandbox before I make America........ Delayed again. I don't know if my liver can take more than 18 days in germany......

Take Care.
18 days in Germany?!?! I'm so jealous. My liver would be in trouble too...

See you later, my friend.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-22-2009, 01:24   #1367
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Hey Lady
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:43   #1368
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Thanksgiving is upon us, dear one. Thinking of blessings makes me think of you. You are a blessing to everyone you come in contact with here. Whether it's by way of inspiring someone to experience more in their lives or to love their family better, knowing it can be taken away so easily. Or, showing us all, by example what it is like to come back from a near death experience, living through the trials of the physical and emotional pain, and being brave enough to share it with so many that love you and are pulling for you. You see it as just doing what you have to do. We see it as extraordinary. You have also shown us how God works through your life as you get better and grow closer to Him. He has answered so many prayers said for you. I just want to take this time to praise Him for all of the work He has done in you and through you, for others. I praise God for you, LW and am thankful to be able to call you a friend. Love you sweet pea.
Okie Memorial Area
Heritage Sweet Pea

Glock26girl that is beautiful and so are the flowers

Wolfe you are very quiet today. Are you OK? I didn't hear from you and you know I get concerned. Call or email me so I don't have to you.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 13:40   #1369
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Hey Lady
Hi Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Glock26girl that is beautiful and so are the flowers

Wolfe you are very quiet today. Are you OK? I didn't hear from you and you know I get concerned. Call or email me so I don't have to you.
It's been a long tough day for me. One of those get through a minute, an hour, a day kinds. But those bastards didn't win today and they're not going to win tommorow. Not with the friends I have in here they won't.

I did send you an email a bit ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post

Heritage Sweet Pea
Hi, those flowers are so pretty!
I think the blessing in here is when I come in here feeling so down Iím just sitting here crying and then I read something like this. It didnít stop my tears, in fact Iím crying even harder now but at least part of those tears are the good kind. We all see what Iím doing here differently, thatís for sure. I see it as my only real chance to work through this stuff and maybe have a decent life again. But Iím sitting here today wondering why I think I even deserved anything at all when someone else had to die so I could still be here at all. What right do I have to celebrate being alive
All day Iíve been unsuccessfully trying not to think about things. I went to see my shrink today and sheís been trying the last few days to get me to start talking about the stuff still inside of me. Today she said I was showing signs of depression (like thatís new) and she was thinking of putting me on a different anti-depressant. I pointed to the drawer where she keeps her weapon and told her to load it and hand it to me because it would have the same result, but be quicker. I told my doc about what she said afterwards and he just said ďI got news for herÖ..Ē. Besides if she wants me to face this crap and work through it why mask it with pills. That makes no sense to me.

Iím the one who needs to and is thanking God for people like you. Without you I would be less than I am today, and I would have traveled less on this road Iím on. You are such a blessing to me.

Night everyone, time to make up for the lack of sleep last night.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-22-2009, 13:45   #1370
Zonny

I'm baking cookies on Friday!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 15:00   #1371
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
But Iím sitting here today wondering why I think I even deserved anything at all when someone else had to die so I could still be here at all. What right do I have to celebrate being alive
All day Iíve been unsuccessfully trying not to think about things. I went to see my shrink today and sheís been trying the last few days to get me to start talking about the stuff still inside of me. Today she said I was showing signs of depression (like thatís new)
You are feeling survivor's guilt for something that shouldn't, IMO, have happened. I know that I am going to say some things that may be unpopular, but it is part of what happened to you.
The day the soldiers said for you two to run for the third truck, I think they should have been running with you, shielding you, while firing at the Afghani's. It makes better sense to me than to yell for two unarmed assets to take off running an expanse where they could be shot. If you are going to feel responsible for Greg's death, then I am going to place responsibility with whoever wasn't covering you. I don't blame them for not wanting to jump into harm's way, but sending a mechanic and a lady computer person to run without physical cover? You are just not responsible, period.
I know that you are spending a lot of time dwelling on these things right now, honey, and I want you to stop replaying it in your mind that you in some way caused Greg's death. You just didn't.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 15:01   #1372
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Okie Memorial Area

Are you sure that's not harmonica cat??

-Historian-
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 15:12   #1373
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 16:54   #1374
Nicko
GTDS FOR LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Nicko Send a message via Yahoo to Nicko
Okie Memorial Area

<<<<Was "beat in" to join GTDS
"Nicko your ignored too, so if that last message was a insult which I expect nothing less then I cant see it."........Porterhouse83
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 22:48   #1375
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Okie Memorial Area

Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!