Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-30-2009, 15:36   #1061
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Okie Memorial Area
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 21:30   #1062
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo................
Little Wolfelette...............

{gentle hug}
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:25   #1063
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo................
Little Wolfelette...............

{gentle hug}

Hey all, I'm still hanging in, had the floodgates break open again. As bad as I know I need this now I wish I could stop. I'll write more later.

to you all

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:02   #1064
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:04..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:05   #1065
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:07..
Old 10-31-2009, 09:11   #1066
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Geeorge those are beautiful cats!

Be careful that Wolfe doesn't talk you out of one or more of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:54   #1067
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Hey all, I'm still hanging in, had the floodgates break open again. As bad as I know I need this now I wish I could stop. I'll write more later.

to you all
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:22   #1068
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

More prayers your way!
"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 13:07   #1069
deadday

Hey kiddo, I have just discovered an honest to God miracle drug....Mobic...it doesn't help my back at all, but nothing else hurts...my knees...my ankles...my shoulders....my chest....It's some super mondo time released anti inflamatory....I laid down in bed last night and thought to myself, 'holy ****, nothing hurts right now!!'
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 13:09   #1070
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

MB-G26, I wish I'd gotten your "Mikey-duty" message sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlandry View Post
I hope someday you'll come around my place again. We miss you there. We really do.

I'll be headed back to Iraq in January. I hope to get a chance to come visit if you're still there. If not, you should get some of the Air Cav boys to bring you around my place. They come look at our rigs every day. I'd love to share whisky and beer with 'em.
Thank you CJ. I didn't know that. I do want you to know that I appreciate the way you handled a recent event in your place. Some very kind people there and I need to say thanks to them. I also hope to return when I can.

If the stars align themselves and you can come through BIAP and I can get a ride there that I'd love to meet you and buy you a Green Beans coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow/Repo View Post

just ATOY
Thank you Tow/Repo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Just think about how much money you could sell your journal to a shrink or researcher for!!! I honestly feel sorry for my Growth and Development prof...we are writing a 'journal' as part of our semester grade...every week or so he gives us the guidelines for that entry....they are questions about various stages of emotional development in our lives, traumatic events, life altering experiences, etc...

I think he is writing a research paper or his thesis on the info he gets from us...he's in for one helluva suprise when he cracks open my folder :rofl :
I wouldn't have a clue where to begin doing that, and I won't even show my shrink the stuff I post here. I just don't trust the one I have now even though she seems to really know her stuff. Would you prof be interested in my stuff?
Of course he might be more interested after I see how all this is going to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Only gentle hugs waiting for our, LW!!
Love you precious girl.:wavey :
back, my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Seeing how you're up and going strong. You make all of us happy. I've been thinking a lot about you and I'm praying for you.
Thank you for the prayers. I'm here, but don't really know how strong I'm going these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Gentle ones my dear. Always gentle ones for Miss Lone_.
Oh, thank you my sweet friend. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
My two boys and their sister the week we brought them home last year

Siamses pics[/IMG]

:hugs ::hugs ::hugs :
Those littles are so beautiful. Silent_Runner's right, I want one.... or three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Ok, bring Silent Runner with you .......... and since I believe computer people are magicians
you can give me a few tips. We can sit around a campfire, and I'll serve you both quality beer.

Wolfe, I'm having a Summit Winter Ale right now. I was actually thinking
about you telling me you like real beer. Here's a toast to you girl!!
Hang in there. We are all pulling for you. Wolfe, do you like to fish?
Have you ever been ice fishing? Have you seen Grumpy Old Men? It's
fairly accurate.

SG
If your computer is a laptop then bring it and I'll be happy to take a look at it. Before the beer, that is...
Ice fishing? No, I don't like cold that much. I expecially dislike it now. It's cool and rainy today and I'm so glad my doc is giving me stronger pain meds again not that the other drugs are out of my system.

Yesterday morning I finished up some computer work I had to do and was feeling almost numb so I sat down and started thinking about things, then I went back and read some of the posts in here like the one from Silent_Runner and some conversations I've had. I was thinking about stuff the docs and my medic from the convoy said to me and the floodgates just opened up again. Maybe not quite like before, but they let go. I had thought I was cried out, apparently not. I hope I finish soon, but really hope I get it all out.

I keep thinking of the medic'e remark about me being "this side of a tombstone" and it bothers me. OTOH, if the guy was here on GT I might have made a sig line out of that remark just because.....

I had no nightmares last night, but that was because I didn't go to sleep at all. therefore I'm happy to bid you all a Good Night and take myself in for knock-out night.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-31-2009, 15:50   #1071
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

sleep well
Old 10-31-2009, 15:55   #1072
sawgrass

Quote:
"this side of a tombstone"
Wolfe, that's it. You are this side of a tombstone. You have your life to live. You will find the strength and courage to get through this.

Sending you warm thoughts and positive energy.
SG
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 18:48   #1073
engineer151515

Hugs

Available wherever you are.

Old 10-31-2009, 19:04   #1074
Jefs
CLM Number 147
Charter Lifetime Member

<<< Hopes Lone Wolfe has a good night's rest and has pleasant dreams!

May Hypnos and Morpheus favor you tonight.

You're in my thoughts. Sleep tight!
Jefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 00:40   #1075
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

Still here for you.
Still praying for you.
Still thinking about you.
Cry if you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbsz1Ha7Zo
Old 11-01-2009, 00:54   #1076
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:05..
Old 11-01-2009, 06:27   #1077
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Yesterday morning I finished up some computer work I had to do and was feeling almost numb so I sat down and started thinking about things, then I went back and read some of the posts in here like the one from Silent_Runner and some conversations I've had. I was thinking about stuff the docs and my medic from the convoy said to me and the floodgates just opened up again. Maybe not quite like before, but they let go. I had thought I was cried out, apparently not. I hope I finish soon, but really hope I get it all out.
You'll get it out, but it will take some time. I know it seems to take up all your time these days, but it is slowing down, (going by your posts,) and will continue to do so.

I keep thinking of the medic'e remark about me being "this side of a tombstone" and it bothers me. OTOH, if the guy was here on GT I might have made a sig line out of that remark just because.....
Why does it bother you? You need to figure that out.

I had no nightmares last night, but that was because I didn't go to sleep at all. therefore I'm happy to bid you all a Good Night and take myself in for knock-out night.
You need to sleep on your own, as the drugged sleep after you got to Baghdad is part of what caused you to be where you are. I know the nightmares are terrible (well, I don't know, but I've got a guess,) but you HAVE to have that sleep without the drugs for the nightmares to work themselves out. Your body needs the sleep that the drugs give, but your mind needs to be undrugged to get the rest it needs to finally get the nightmares out. That is why the doctor only does the drugged sleep every other night. And according to your posts, he's already told you that.

Your recent relapse was at least partially because you were avoiding sleep on your non-drugged nights. Nightmares are no fun, but they are still a part of how your body and mind works out of this problem. If I could be there and hold you, I would. I can't be, so I try to pray extra for you on those nights.

Right now, you're so afraid of nightmares that you're back in the "fear of fear" mode. Tears are one method we use to get over bad times, dreams and (non-drug induced) nightmares are another, like it or not.

When you go to sleep, just imagine a few thousand of us cradling you in our arms. And when you wake up, remember, terrifying as the dream was, it wasn't real, and lots of people are STILL cradling you in our arms. (And that IS real, long distance or not.)

Sleep. Remember that the nightmares aren't real, but the love is.

Love, even more prayers, and lots of (gentle)

Hawk

Last edited by Brown Hawk; 11-01-2009 at 06:29..
Brown Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:08   #1078
PIDDLER

Just stopped by to offer more sincere prayers and very best wishes. I dont say much cawz I kant tipe or spel two gud.
PIDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:43   #1079
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
...When you go to sleep, just imagine a few thousand of us cradling you in our arms. ...
There's a nightmare........
Old 11-01-2009, 11:24   #1080
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Hey kiddo, I have just discovered an honest to God miracle drug....Mobic...it doesn't help my back at all, but nothing else hurts...my knees...my ankles...my shoulders....my chest....It's some super mondo time released anti inflamatory....I laid down in bed last night and thought to myself, 'holy ****, nothing hurts right now!!'
It's raining again today and I will definitely ask my doc about that. The name is familiar, I may have taken it before. You know they've tried a lot of meds on you when you don't even know what all you've had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
sleep well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefs View Post
<<< Hopes Lone Wolfe has a good night's rest and has pleasant dreams!

May Hypnos and Morpheus favor you tonight.

You're in my thoughts. Sleep tight!
Sleep yes, dreams, no. No dreams on knock-out night, thankfully. Now tonight's a different story.

Hypnos may be the god of sleep, but in Sparta they always put his picture close to death's picture. I hope you aren't trying to tell me something.....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 11-02-2009 at 14:13..

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!