Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-28-2009, 19:07   #1041
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Good Morning, I hope!

It's nearly 9:30pm here, so it should be about waking up time there even with it having been a 'knock out' night?

Gads I hope you got some good, restful and peaceful sleep!

(not my pic and not my Morning Glory )
I did last night, wish I could tonight. that morning glory is pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
Long time listeners, first time caller to the L_W thread. I'm sure there are many others on here quietly reading this thread on a regular basis, without ever posting. I do far more reading on GT than posting and in this type of situation, many of us don't really know what to say. Many on here work in professions helping people and many of us are GUYS. Most of us would agree, give a guy a problem and we want to find a solution. If I can't find a solution, sometimes all I have to give is a hug and reassurance. The difficulties of the problem/solution/hug interface are compounded when dealing with semi strangers over the .com.

First, thanks to you and all who serve. I have several Reserve/Guard friends who have had recent "opportunities" to go active duty. Fortunately, none have been injured. Regardless, I am still in awe of their ability to go from a normal life to a forward area and back again. I truly believe you will also make that transition back to normal as well. It may take awhile and it will certainly be modified from what normal was before.

Second, thanks L_W for giving GT a good purpose. .... It's just refreshing to see people checking in on someone to make sure they are ok. And you are ok. Not the ok you want and will have, but the ok you can have for now.

I think it would be awefully cool if we could have a massive GT party when you return to CONUS. I would even be willing to travel to OK for a party at the mayors house. And you know it hurts a TX/Glock guy to admit going anywhere near OK, especially to hang with a 1911 guy.

Stay safe, keep working on you and know that you have many fans, some of whom are silent on here.

Prayers and

Trifecta
You ďLong time listener, first time callersĒ mean more to me than you realize. I know there are some of you out there who never post in here and I appreciate you too. Trifecta, you claim you donít know what to say, but your post brought tears to my eyes. I know you canít ďsolveĒ my problems over the internet. I think if it were possible there are several here who would have done that for me already. But the truth of it is that your prayers and well-wishes in here really do go a long way toward ďfixingĒ my problems. They give me the strength, moral support, and sometimes the will to go on to fight another day. Especially when I think Iím losing the battle and feel like I canít go on. Then I come in here and see my friends and maybe a new friend pulling for me and I know I canít let you all down.

Iíve been having one of those nights tonight. I fell asleep earlier and went into my usual nightmare, aggravated by the fact that I had somehow rolled face-down. So I was not only dreaming of the pain, I was feeling it even more than what was caused by the weather. I woke up crying, trying not to scream, and once again I turned to GT for some comfort. Now the tears are falling, but they are the tears that Iíve been crying in recent days, that Iíve needed to cry for so long. I think you are so right in that Iíll never go back to what I thought of as normal before. That feels like another life, somebody elseís, now.

Iíve seen for myself the good that GTíers can do, and ever had the privilege of being able to help others on here. But being on the receiving end of all the kindness shown in here still blows my mind and there arenít words enough to thank all of you. I would love to meet so many of you. I donít know where all Iíll have to drive to in order to meet you, but Iíll do it just for the chance to thank you in person and return some of the

Thank you trifecta. back

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 19:16   #1042
Tow/Repo
CLM Number 225
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Long time listener, first time caller to the L_W thread. I'm sure there are many others on here quietly reading this thread on a regular basis, without ever posting. I do far more reading on GT than posting and in this type of situation, many of us don't really know what to say. Many on here work in professions helping people and many of us are GUYS. Most of us would agree, give a guy a problem and we want to find a solution. If I can't find a solution, sometimes all I have to give is a hug and reassurance. The difficulties of the problem/solution/hug interface are compounded when dealing with semi strangers over the .com.

First, thanks to you and all who serve. I have several Reserve/Guard friends who have had recent "opportunities" to go active duty. Fortunately, none have been injured. Regardless, I am still in awe of their ability to go from a normal life to a forward area and back again. I truly believe you will also make that transition back to normal as well. It may take awhile and it will certainly be modified from what normal was before.

Second, thanks L_W for giving GT a good purpose. It's not that I don't enjoy listening to grown adults whine about a pistol coming in a cardboard box, bash anyone who disagrees with their own narrow view of the world or argue calibers till my eyes and their fingers hurt. It's just refreshing to see people checking in on someone to make sure they are ok. And you are ok. Not the ok you want and will have, but the ok you can have for now.

I think it would be awefully cool if we could have a massive GT party when you return to CONUS. I would even be willing to travel to OK for a party at the mayors house. And you know it hurts a TX/Glock guy to admit going anywhere near OK, especially to hang with a 1911 guy.

Stay safe, keep working on you and know that you have many fans, some of whom are silent on here.

Prayers and

Trifecta

Nothing to add or say.

just ATOY
Tow/Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 21:17   #1043
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I did last night, wish I could tonight. that morning glory is pretty.

You ďLong time listener, first time callersĒ mean more to me than you realize. I know there are some of you out there who never post in here and I appreciate you too. Trifecta, you claim you donít know what to say, but your post brought tears to my eyes. I know you canít ďsolveĒ my problems over the internet. I think if it were possible there are several here who would have done that for me already. But the truth of it is that your prayers and well-wishes in here really do go a long way toward ďfixingĒ my problems. They give me the strength, moral support, and sometimes the will to go on to fight another day. Especially when I think Iím losing the battle and feel like I canít go on. Then I come in here and see my friends and maybe a new friend pulling for me and I know I canít let you all down.

Iíve been having one of those nights tonight. I fell asleep earlier and went into my usual nightmare, aggravated by the fact that I had somehow rolled face-down. So I was not only dreaming of the pain, I was feeling it even more than what was caused by the weather. I woke up crying, trying not to scream, and once again I turned to GT for some comfort. Now the tears are falling, but they are the tears that Iíve been crying in recent days, that Iíve needed to cry for so long. I think you are so right in that Iíll never go back to what I thought of as normal before. That feels like another life, somebody elseís, now.

Iíve seen for myself the good that GTíers can do, and ever had the privilege of being able to help others on here. But being on the receiving end of all the kindness shown in here still blows my mind and there arenít words enough to thank all of you. I would love to meet so many of you. I donít know where all Iíll have to drive to in order to meet you, but Iíll do it just for the chance to thank you in person and return some of the

Thank you trifecta. back
You are welcome. And now my allergies are acting up a little. Or maybe my I got something in my eye.
Old 10-28-2009, 21:35   #1044
deadday

My nightmares have slowed down quite a bit....went from nightly to weekly...sometimes it skips a week, which is nice...I have found that if I drink a lot that night, I will be having nightmares...

Have we every discussed nightmares in PM? You have the movie screen going on or the lights/sounds/smells?
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 23:56   #1045
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
My nightmares have slowed down quite a bit....went from nightly to weekly...sometimes it skips a week, which is nice...I have found that if I drink a lot that night, I will be having nightmares...

Have we every discussed nightmares in PM? You have the movie screen going on or the lights/sounds/smells?
I think we talked about them briefly once. I still have them nightly to the point I don't get more than an hour's sleep. I get the movie screen with sounds. Without getting too graphic in here the most common one by far is where I relive the incident with small variants. I was having them, but not every night until I went on anti-depressants and then prescription sleep aids.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 10-29-2009 at 05:41.. Reason: I can't spell...
Old 10-29-2009, 00:15   #1046
Foxfire5

The best to you LW.
Foxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 00:42   #1047
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hi LW, it always makes me happy when I am able to read your posts and know that you are alright. It has been said before, but I see real progress being made. And, this place is has turned into a haven of sorts, where people can just be themselves and say nice things and not fear reprisal. It is simply lovely. If you do ever have a get together of GT'ers, I will be there. But, if not, I still want to meet you and give you a huge hug, our courageous girl.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:49   #1048
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses for ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20   #1049
sawgrass

LW, good to see you posting.

Thinking of you.

SG
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:53   #1050
deadday

Quote:
I think we talked about them briefly once. I still have them nightly to the point I don't get more than an hour's sleep. I get the movie screen with sounds. Without getting too graphic in here the most common one by far is where I relive the incident with small variants. I was having them, but not every night until I went on anti-depressants and then prescription sleep aids.
..in some ways, I think the ones that were about 'something' were not as bad as the light/sounds....at least with the movies, I knew what it was that made me wake up screaming...with the lights and sounds, I seem to have them for hours, and they are absolutely terrifying, but I have no ****ing idea why, then as I start to wake up from them the feeling of suffocation comes with them...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25   #1051
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
..in some ways, I think the ones that were about 'something' were not as bad as the light/sounds....at least with the movies, I knew what it was that made me wake up screaming...with the lights and sounds, I seem to have them for hours, and they are absolutely terrifying, but I have no ****ing idea why, then as I start to wake up from them the feeling of suffocation comes with them...
I remember you telling me that the ones with lights were worse for you. For me even though I know what it is making me wake up screaming it's not any easier. It can be harder because sometimes the nightmare starts before I'm completely asleep and I know what's coming, but can't stop it.

One of the worst nights I had was when I had taken something strong enough that I couldn't wake up to end the dream. I was aware of laying on the ground, the pain, the assumption that I was dying, the sounds of the fight around me, and that time I couldn't scream myself awake. It probably lasted less than a minute just like in reality, but my recollection of it makes it seem hours long.

That one had the feeling of suffocation although in the real incident I was unable nor even trying to breathe. I was on a ventilator for about 5 days.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-29-2009, 09:30   #1052
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hi LW, it always makes me happy when I am able to read your posts and know that you are alright. It has been said before, but I see real progress being made. And, this place is has turned into a haven of sorts, where people can just be themselves and say nice things and not fear reprisal. It is simply lovely. If you do ever have a get together of GT'ers, I will be there. But, if not, I still want to meet you and give you a huge hug, our courageous girl.
Glock26girl I know a lot of you want to meet her and exchange those hugs but keep them gentle please. I don't want to see her injuries aggravated by all the love. And you are far from the only one who is glad to see her writing to us on here especially when she opens up.

Quote:
You are welcome. And now my allergies are acting up a little. Or maybe my I got something in my eye.
I think my allergies are acting up a bit too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 13:47   #1053
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
-LW-

back at ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hey LW,......... how goes it today? : supergrin:
Letís just say Iím glad this one is over and itís knock-out night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
You must have the effect of making people happy, and people talk a lot when they're happy!
Donít know if Iím making folks happy, but I do like seeing you come around, my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
Hiya Wolfe hope you're having a good day. Its raining here right now. Take care
m2mghb, I hope the rain let up where you are. It finally stopped here and a duststorm rolled in so I had to stay inside most on the day. Damn reduced lung capacity anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire5 View Post
The best to you LW.
Thank you FoxFire5, all the best to you also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW, good to see you posting.

Thinking of you.

: hugs: : cool:

SG
Sawgrass, thank you. Itís good to be able to post, sure beats the alternative, donít it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
More kisses for ya sweetheart
Hiya okie! Glad you stopped by. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hi LW, been thinking about you and wondering how you are feeling. Have you had any sleep without nightmares yet? Other than in the hospital, that is.

Do you do anything that is fun? I know that when I get down, I need things to look forward to. Are there things that you enjoy doing that you haven't done for a while? Can you do any of them there? Also, when I am down, I have to be pushed into doing things that turn out to be fun after I start them. I know you aren't in the U.S., where there are all manner of things to do, but what kinds of things are there? It isn't always about athletics, things like reading, jigsaw puzzles or games, card games can be a good diversion to get your mind off of things for a bit. It is so easy for me to steep myself in negative thoughts and just end up sitting frozen, unable to do anything or think anything positive. That is when I know that I "have" to do something to pull myself out of it. I won't say anything else and will just let you answer. Maybe you have some ideas that could help me, too.
Take care, Sweet Pea, have a lovely day!!

LW, it always makes me happy when I am able to read your posts and know that you are alright.:wavey : It has been said before, but I see real progress being made. And, this place is has turned into a haven of sorts, where people can just be themselves and say nice things and not fear reprisal. It is simply lovely. If you do ever have a get together of GT'ers, I will be there. But, if not, I still want to meet you and give you a huge hug, our courageous girl.
Glock26girl, no, I havenít had any sleep without nightmares in months now, other than at the hospital. Ever since I was put on anti-depressants. Then I was put on strong sleeping pills to try to counter than and they got worse. Now the only way I can sleep is under anesthesia.

No, thereís not much I can do for fun. Athletic stuff is out because of my injury. I come in here, but thatís not what I call fun, even though I enjoy talking to you. Itís not about fun here, itís a whole lot more valuable than that to me. My shrink was telling me not to get into ďdiversionsĒ and to ďimmerseĒ myself in what I was feeling so I could finally face my demons. Last week it finally overwhelmed me and I cried for days, and am still crying some out. I had no idea I had this much capacity to have crap stuffed up inside of me. I donít know if she wants me to do any different now, but I just wish there was a way to put this out of my mind for a while. Some days I have enough work to keep me busy for a few hours and I welcome that. Plus it makes me feel like Iím actually being productive over here, not just wasting taxpayerís money. Iíll just say that it wasnít the lovely day we both wish I had, in fact it was long and painful and Iím glad itís almost over.

It seems weird to hear so many of you talk of progress when often I canít see or feel it at all. Right now Iím sitting here feeling like Iíve gone nowhere at all, and have been so down for days I wonder if I ever will get any better. Then another of you comments on my progress and I wonder what it is that you see from there that I canít see from here. I know some things are easier to observer from a distance.

A haven. Yes, Iíve thought of it that way several times and it does me so much good to come in here and talk to you. Itís so good for to be able to talk of things I normally never would and not be told I shouldnít feel that way (I get that here), or criticized for being weak. And Silent_Runner is right, it does me no good when I get to where I can't talk in here, because you folks are doing me so much good to listen to me and answer like you do.

I've said before and I'm not kidding I would love to meet many of you, and may make a trip around part of the country just to do so. But Silent_Runner is right, that huge hug really needs to be done gently. Too much stuff in that area still not healed and I really don't think you want to see me on the floor crying like a little girl. While Iím on the subject of meeting many of you I do want to clarify something just a bit. I donít want anyone to have the impression that Iím going to come around to collect free food, alcohol, or anything from anybody. No one back there owes me a thing and Iím not going to want anything except the aforementioned hugs. You people have already done more for me than I could have ever asked of you, and it's I who owe you. The only thing I ever ask of any of you is your prayers if youíre willing. I treasure your friendships too, more than you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The sleep of the just tonight and every night for Miss Lone_.
Thank you 23skidoo. Iíll sleep real good tonight thanks to my doc. Night all.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-29-2009, 14:08   #1054
Chad Landry
Cajunatorģ

I hope someday you'll come around my place again. We miss you there. We really do.

I'll be headed back to Iraq in January. I hope to get a chance to come visit if you're still there. If not, you should get some of the Air Cav boys to bring you around my place. They come look at our rigs every day. I'd love to share whisky and beer with 'em.
Outpost Mod #69
Chad Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 15:39   #1055
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Only gentle hugs waiting for our, LW!!
Love you precious girl.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 16:18   #1056
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Donít know if Iím making folks happy, but I do like seeing you come around, my friend
Seeing how you're up and going strong. You make all of us happy. I've been thinking a lot about you and I'm praying for you.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 21:02   #1057
sawgrass

Quote:
I don’t want anyone to have the impression that I’m going to come around to collect free food, alcohol, or anything from anybody. No one back there owes me a thing and I’m not going to want anything except the aforementioned hugs.
Ok, bring Silent Runner with you and a few of those pretty colts. I can admire the collection, and since I believe computer people are magicians
you can give me a few tips. We can sit around a campfire, and I'll serve you both quality beer.

Wolfe, I'm having a Summit Winter Ale right now. I was actually thinking
about you telling me you like real beer. Here's a toast to you girl!!
Hang in there. We are all pulling for you. Wolfe, do you like to fish?
Have you ever been ice fishing? Have you seen Grumpy Old Men? It's
fairly accurate.

SG

Last edited by sawgrass; 10-29-2009 at 21:05..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 21:29   #1058
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlandry View Post
I hope someday you'll come around my place again. We miss you there. We really do.

I'll be headed back to Iraq in January. I hope to get a chance to come visit if you're still there. If not, you should get some of the Air Cav boys to bring you around my place. They come look at our rigs every day. I'd love to share whisky and beer with 'em.
Might I could beg an invitation when she does? I'll bring booooze
Old 10-30-2009, 02:28   #1059
okie
GT Mayor

I do hope all is okie dokie LW sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:38   #1060
23skidoo
Deceased

Gentle ones my dear. Always gentle ones for Miss Lone_.

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!