Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2009, 16:55   #1021
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Owie!

Quote:
deadday I have seen chronic cases of costochondritis and no one envies you.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cos...dritis/DS00626
Quote:
Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum). It causes sharp pain in the costosternal joint ó where your ribs and breastbone are joined by rubbery cartilage. Pain caused by costochondritis may mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions.

Your doctor might refer to costochondritis by other names, including chest wall pain, costosternal syndrome and costosternal chondrodynia. When the pain of costochondritis is accompanied by swelling, it's referred to as Tietze syndrome.

Most cases of costochondritis have no apparent cause. In these cases, treatment focuses on easing your pain while you wait for costochondritis to resolve on its own.

Symptoms
By Mayo Clinic staff

Costochondritis causes pain and tenderness in the locations where your ribs attach to your breastbone (costosternal joints). Often the pain is sharp, though it can also feel like a dull, gnawing pain. Pain associated with costochondritis occurs most often on the left side of your breastbone, though it can occur on either side of your chest.

Other costochondritis symptoms may include:

* Pain when taking deep breaths
* Pain when coughing
* Difficulty breathing

Costochondritis is the most common cause of chest pain originating in the chest wall. It occurs most often in women and people over age 40. However, costochondritis can affect anyone, including infants and children.

Causes
By Mayo Clinic staff

Doctors don't know what causes most cases of costochondritis. Only some cases of costochondritis have a clear cause. Those causes include:

*Injury. A blow to the chest could cause costochondritis.

*Infection. Infection can develop in the costosternal joint, causing pain.

*Fibromyalgia. Recurring costochondritis could be a symptom of fibromyalgia. People with fibromyalgia often have several tender spots. The upper part of the breastbone is a common tender spot.

*Pain from other areas of your body.

Pain signals can sometimes be misinterpreted by your brain, causing pain in places far away from where the problem occurs. Your doctor might refer to this as "referred pain." Pain in your chest can sometimes be caused by problems with the bones in your spine compressing the nerves.

. . .
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 18:14   #1022
Glock26girl
G26, G19

I read the first couple of sentences and realized that is what my son's girlfriend of 4 years has. A couple of years ago, she had to be on strong pain killers and attend her classes. She was miserable. It happens occasionally to lesser degrees, but it is always a concern.
Deadday, I am with LW, praying for complete healing of this.

Brown Hawk, it is wonderful that your son is married to a good girl. He sounds like a wonderful man. I really like your avatar of him and the little girl.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 18:52   #1023
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
I read the first couple of sentences and realized that is what my son's girlfriend of 4 years has. A couple of years ago, she had to be on strong pain killers and attend her classes. She was miserable. It happens occasionally to lesser degrees, but it is always a concern.

Brown Hawk, it is wonderful that your son is married to a good girl. He sounds like a wonderful man. I really like your avatar of him and the little girl.
Oh yeah, school+pain killers=fuuuuuuuuuun times
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 18:56   #1024
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Agreed

Thanks. The little girl was one of the good memories that eventually helped him past the nightmares.

Hawk
Old 10-27-2009, 22:12   #1025
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hi LW, been thinking about you and wondering how you are feeling. Have you had any sleep without nightmares yet? Other than in the hospital, that is.
Do you do anything that is fun? I know that when I get down, I need things to look forward to. Are there things that you enjoy doing that you haven't done for a while? Can you do any of them there? Also, when I am down, I have to be pushed into doing things that turn out to be fun after I start them. I know you aren't in the U.S., where there are all manner of things to do, but what kinds of things are there? It isn't always about athletics, things like reading, jigsaw puzzles or games, card games can be a good diversion to get your mind off of things for a bit. It is so easy for me to steep myself in negative thoughts and just end up sitting frozen, unable to do anything or think anything positive. That is when I know that I "have" to do something to pull myself out of it. I won't say anything else and will just let you answer. Maybe you have some ideas that could help me, too.
Take care, Sweet Pea, have a lovely day!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 22:22   #1026
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Good Morning, I hope!

It's nearly 9:30pm here, so it should be about waking up time there even with it having been a 'knock out' night?

Gads I hope you got some good, restful and peaceful sleep!

Okie Memorial Area
(not my pic and not my Morning Glory )
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
Old 10-27-2009, 23:21   #1027
trifecta

Long time listener, first time caller to the L_W thread. I'm sure there are many others on here quietly reading this thread on a regular basis, without ever posting. I do far more reading on GT than posting and in this type of situation, many of us don't really know what to say. Many on here work in professions helping people and many of us are GUYS. Most of us would agree, give a guy a problem and we want to find a solution. If I can't find a solution, sometimes all I have to give is a hug and reassurance. The difficulties of the problem/solution/hug interface are compounded when dealing with semi strangers over the .com.

First, thanks to you and all who serve. I have several Reserve/Guard friends who have had recent "opportunities" to go active duty. Fortunately, none have been injured. Regardless, I am still in awe of their ability to go from a normal life to a forward area and back again. I truly believe you will also make that transition back to normal as well. It may take awhile and it will certainly be modified from what normal was before.

Second, thanks L_W for giving GT a good purpose. It's not that I don't enjoy listening to grown adults whine about a pistol coming in a cardboard box, bash anyone who disagrees with their own narrow view of the world or argue calibers till my eyes and their fingers hurt. It's just refreshing to see people checking in on someone to make sure they are ok. And you are ok. Not the ok you want and will have, but the ok you can have for now.

I think it would be awefully cool if we could have a massive GT party when you return to CONUS. I would even be willing to travel to OK for a party at the mayors house. And you know it hurts a TX/Glock guy to admit going anywhere near OK, especially to hang with a 1911 guy.

Stay safe, keep working on you and know that you have many fans, some of whom are silent on here.

Prayers and

Trifecta
Old 10-27-2009, 23:38   #1028
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
It's not that I don't enjoy listening to grown adults whine about a pistol coming in a cardboard box, bash anyone who disagrees with their own narrow view of the world or argue calibers till my eyes and their fingers hurt.
^^^^^
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53   #1029
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
SheesH!!! Another 500 brownie points!

You're already mayor, you don't need any more votes!

Unless of course, you're afraid that the head of your ATF (LW) is coming after your guns.

Hawk
I ain't worried bout her takin my guns for sure Just earnin Brownie points
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53   #1030
okie
GT Mayor

Hiya LW honey I hope you had a good night
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35   #1031
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
[url]Owie!
That article sums it up pretty good as I've been feeling it. Of course my docs just call it cartilage damage, which makes sense to me because it's just one part of a much bigger picture. I never had anything like this until last December. The first blow caused a bunch of damage that has tried to heal, but keeps getting aggravated but things like thrashing around from nightmares and a rather unpleasant fall I took in June. I used to sleep face-down most of the time, but can't anymore because of this. I had hoped that after the broken stuff healed I would be able to, but no joy there.

In my case it's on both sides of and the length of my sternum and is one of a few things that make deep breathing difficult and painful. The other big factor in that is damage to my lungs and internal scar tissue. I haven't noticed to much suceptability to weather, my broken sternum handles that job all too well.

Unfortunately I predict rain again this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Hiya LW honey I hope you had a good night
Sure did. The doc made sure I was out good.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:40   #1032
engineer151515

.... I just knew that cardboard box thread was going to haunt us.

-LW-

Last edited by engineer151515; 10-28-2009 at 12:01..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21   #1033
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
.... I just knew that cardboard box thread was going to haunt us.

-LW-

Cardboard box thread? what ever are you talking about?
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:23   #1034
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
Long time listener, first time caller to the L_W thread..
.Second, thanks L_W for giving GT a good purpose. It's just refreshing to see people checking in on someone to make sure they are ok. And you are ok. Not the ok you want and will have, but the ok you can have for now.

Stay safe, keep working on you and know that you have many fans, some of whom are silent on here.

Prayers and

Trifecta
One comment that Wolfe has made to me several times is how the outpouring of caring on here amazes and truly touches her. Well I'm here to say it amazes me too. You would expect me to care about her because we have been friends for so long. But seeing posts like this truly brings a tear to my eye. I am glad to see all of you here.

Wolfe are you going to talk to us tonight? Maybe some of these folks will drop the crosstalk if you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 10-28-2009 at 09:26..
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14   #1035
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

Wolfe are you going to talk to us tonight? Maybe some of these folks will drop the crosstalk if you do.
Sorry. Having a bad night and got a little frustrated.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 10-28-2009 at 19:02.. Reason: I need to stay out of here when I'm upset
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22   #1036
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Hey LW,......... how goes it today?
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33   #1037
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Are you kidding? Everything I've posted in the last few days has gotten lost in all the chatter.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:35   #1038
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

You must have the effect of making people happy, and people talk a lot when they're happy!

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24   #1039
m2hmghb

Hiya Wolfe hope you're having a good day. Its raining here right now. Take care

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 14:28   #1040
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Are you kidding? Everything I've posted in the last few days has gotten lost in all the chatter.
See what happens when you don't post?

We start talking to each other!

Love, prayers, and

Hawk

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!