Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:00   #1001
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWolf View Post
Threads like this always amaze me how the GT community can care.

Best to ya LW... Great thread of care.
AstroWolf, these people amaze me too. And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugo View Post
Wolfe, I just got surprised by this thread and wanted to throw my good wishes in, for what it's worth. Far as I know, I don't know any folks here personally, but I find something to respect in most of them. These are mostly technical things, though; expertise, tactical experience, know-how, stuff like that.

Clearly, you got some of these, but what is special here is heart. When you put your story out there, as you have done, it reaches different places and wakes up different things. Some of us don't know you, but now, in a small way, we do. Thanks for that...

And thank you, with deepest gratitude, for your service and your sacrifice.

Most of all please know and remember that, by god, you absolutely do have our loftiest prayers, our finest personal hopes, our most intense good wishes, reaching out to you! It is little enough to offer, but know it is there.

Take all the time you need, heal up the best you can imagine in every way, be better at the end of it than you were at the beginning.

Just my .02
Thank you dugo. I can't find better words, just thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
I ain't worried sweetheart. I'm so sorry bout the bad dreams honey
I'm worried about the tea, I don't want to make you sick! And I wish the nightmares would go away too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Thank you for all you do for our girl. Your words of insight and caring are so valuable. I'm sorry for what your son has been through, but feel certain that he knows how blessed he is to have you as his parent.
And I'm blessed to have friends like you two and so many here. I'll make myself talk more later, I swear. Hugs to all of you.

deadday I asked my doc a bit about costochondritis, and I feel your pain.......

literally. Although in my case it was caused by a single blow. Do you still have problems with it? I sure hope you don't! According to my doc it can recur for a long time depending on the cause.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:04   #1002
norm357

I'm still thinking about you.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:03   #1003
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
<---his dumb Cav ass spent this whole time ASSuming that the avatar photo was of you
I deeply resent the words dumb and Cav in the same sentence.

<-------- 1st Cav :proudfatheravatar:

Thanks for all you've done.

Hawk
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08   #1004
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
... I'm sorry for what your son has been through, but feel certain that he knows how blessed he is to have you as his parent.
He found a pretty wonderful lady who helped him through the dreams.

She also makes a very nice daughter.

Of course he appreciates his father. Nobody else sends him e-mails with the stats of the Bengals games.

Hawk

And thank YOU for what you do for LW.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:24   #1005
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Man, (well, 'Lady', or 'Princess-Lady', to be more specific) at what point do they figure out that leaving you over there in the desert to heal up ain't working? I wonder if part of the problem is you're literally still stuck in the middle of it, and getting some distance might not help sort things out... If nothing else, Okie wouldn't have to go so far to deliver those smootches! (And the rest of us could bring you those beers... )

On my end, part of the medical stuff was my Dad's "chronic" congestive heart failure- He was having recurrant episodes while they were trying to get his meds in line, and spent half of a three-month period in the hospital. Several days in, a few days out, lather, rinse, repeat, for 3 mos. Got a little old pretty quick. They'd get fluid off him, then put him into renal failure, or some other damn thing. "Well, that didn't work, let's try something different..." And... Back into CHF. As a professional "problem solver" one of the things I was taught was that "guess and check" is the lowest order problem solving approach... But it seems to be too common in modern western medicine, IMO.

The good news is things seem to have settled down on his current meds, so now he's just in constant pain from something or other infringing on the space his spinal cord likes to call home... On someone younger they'd go in and clean house, but at 91 they say he's not a good risk. Mind you, up until last year or two, he was the spry-est old octogenarian you'd ever meet- people always guessed he was 20 years younger. So personally, I'm not convinced the surgery would be a bad thing for him- It would get him off the couch and out of the "feeble old person" head-space he's put himself in.

@BrownHawk: Yay, engineers! So, we do have social skills, on occasion...

Seriously, glad your boy made it through. I have two young fellers myself, and they are the best thing in my life. I don't know how I could handle one of them being out so close to harm's way, with other people trying to send him back to me in a box... Me, no worries. Them, OMG... You spend 30 years building up armor and protective skills, physical and psychological, only to take your heart and soul and put it into these fragile little creatures that run around doing the goofiest things with no concept of mortality... Yet somehow we have to let them do it so they can grow up to be the men I know they can be... Damn.
Outpost Member #69.14159

Last edited by RottnJP; 10-27-2009 at 04:31..
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:33   #1006
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Of course he appreciates his father. Nobody else sends him e-mails with the stats of the Bengals games.

Bengals?? I just noticed where you are...

I at your wee p u s s y cats! Know that one day, in ages hence, the Browns will again have a team more skilled than your average high school team, and shall wreak their terrible revenge on Kitty!! DOOM! DOOM ON YOU!

[/sports-jack]
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:49   #1007
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
Bengals?? I just noticed where you are...

I at your wee p u s s y cats! Know that one day, in ages hence, the Browns will again have a team more skilled than your average high school team, and shall wreak their terrible revenge on Kitty!! DOOM! DOOM ON YOU!

[/sports-jack]
Oh no! An inhabitant of the dog pound!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still mad at he who shall not be named for moving the Browns out of Cleveland. Still like to see the Ravens beaten for that reason.

And my son is the Bengals fan. I grew up with the Lions and the Black and Blue division . Not much joy there.

Sons (and daughters) grow up. Sometimes they upset you, sometimes they break your heart, and sometimes they make you so proud your heart seems ready to burst. Enjoy them. ETA And ALWAYS love them.

<------ Little girl is one he pulled out after IED killed her mother. Father brought her by to say thanks.

Hawk

Last edited by Brown Hawk; 10-27-2009 at 07:11..
Brown Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14   #1008
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:03..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:55   #1009
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
AstroWolf, these people amaze me too. And thank you.

Thank you dugo. I can't find better words, just thank you.

I'm worried about the tea, I don't want to make you sick! And I wish the nightmares would go away too.

And I'm blessed to have friends like you two and so many here. I'll make myself talk more later, I swear. Hugs to all of you.

literally. Although in my case it was caused by a single blow. Do you still have problems with it? I sure hope you don't! According to my doc it can recur for a long time depending on the cause.
Yup....it flares up every now and then...lot's of fun..
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:58   #1010
deadday

Quote:
I deeply resent the words dumb and Cav in the same sentence.

<-------- 1st Cav :proudfatheravatar:

Thanks for all you've done.

Hawk
..just a lil humor Hawk..

Okie Memorial Area
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:21   #1011
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Wolfe that is so true and I'm glad you realize it. You have been blessed. And you are going to talk here later.

deadday I have seen chronic cases of costochondritis and no one envies you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58   #1012
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Okie Memorial Area
I know. And I hope you didn't think I was serious. Just the proud father thing sneaking in.

Plus my usually weird snese of humor.

Prayers for you also.

Hawk
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02   #1013
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:

I won't get sick sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:05   #1014
deadday

Quote:
I know. And I hope you didn't think I was serious. Just the proud father thing sneaking in.

Plus my usually weird snese of humor.

Prayers for you also.

Hawk
I appreciate them greatly, but hell, I'm posting comfortably from Camp Couch, redirect those where they are needed more
Old 10-27-2009, 13:59   #1015
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
deadday that pic is huge! It's giving me hell loading this page.

And I'm going to pray for you to be cured of your costochondritis whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm357 View Post
I'm still thinking about you.
Thank you norm357. It's good to see you here.

Quote:
I won't get sick sweetheart
No, you might end up on the other side of a tombstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
Man, (well, 'Lady', or 'Princess-Lady', to be more specific) at what point do they figure out that leaving you over there in the desert to heal up ain't working? I wonder if part of the problem is you're literally still stuck in the middle of it, and getting some distance might not help sort things out... If nothing else, Okie wouldn't have to go so far to deliver those smootches! :supergrin : (And the rest of us could bring you those beers... :whistling : )

On my end, part of the medical stuff was my Dad's "chronic" congestive heart failure- He was having recurrant episodes while they were trying to get his meds in line, and spent half of a three-month period in the hospital. Several days in, a few days out, lather, rinse, repeat, for 3 mos. Got a little old pretty quick. They'd get fluid off him, then put him into renal failure, or some other damn thing. "Well, that didn't work, let's try something different..." And... Back into CHF. As a professional "problem solver" one of the things I was taught was that "guess and check" is the lowest order problem solving approach... But it seems to be too common in modern western medicine, IMO.

The good news is things seem to have settled down on his current meds, so now he's just in constant pain from something or other infringing on the space his spinal cord likes to call home... On someone younger they'd go in and clean house, but at 91 they say he's not a good risk. Mind you, up until last year or two, he was the spry-est old octogenarian you'd ever meet- people always guessed he was 20 years younger. So personally, I'm not convinced the surgery would be a bad thing for him- It would get him off the couch and out of the "feeble old person" head-space he's put himself in. : sigh:

@BrownHawk:
Seriously, glad your boy made it through. ...........
RottnJP, my doc decided I was better odd here than in the VA system because apparently they wouldn't commit to inpatient treatment. With the uncontrollable nightmares I have outpatient treatment would be a very bad idea at best.

See post #792 in here if you want the whole scoop.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Hope they can do something to get his head in a better place. I fully understand the way they throws meds at a problem without really knowing what will work. That's a big part of what's happened to me. Back in the spring I had PTSD and nightmares, but not every night. I was put on various pill cocktails that I reacted so badly to that it almost killed me. 91 does seem old, but it really depends on the person. I hope they do the surgery if it will help him.

I'm glad Brown Hawk's son is OK, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe that is so true and I'm glad you realize it. You have been blessed. And you are going to talk here later.

deadday I have seen chronic cases of costochondritis and no one envies you.

Silent_Runner, maybe tommorow. Good night, everyone, it's knock-out night.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 14:06   #1016
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:

No, you might end up on the other side of a tombstone. .
Not from you stickin your finger in my tea to sweeten it up
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 14:29   #1017
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Not from you stickin your finger in my tea to sweeten it up
SheesH!!! Another 500 brownie points!

You're already mayor, you don't need any more votes!

Unless of course, you're afraid that the head of your ATF (LW) is coming after your guns.

Hawk
Old 10-27-2009, 15:57   #1018
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Quote:
. And you are going to talk here later.:.

Silent_Runner, maybe tommorow.
No maybe about it. You already know that clamming up in here does you no good at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 16:21   #1019
deadday

Just think about how much money you could sell your journal to a shrink or researcher for!!! I honestly feel sorry for my Growth and Development prof...we are writing a 'journal' as part of our semester grade...every week or so he gives us the guidelines for that entry....they are questions about various stages of emotional development in our lives, traumatic events, life altering experiences, etc...

I think he is writing a research paper or his thesis on the info he gets from us...he's in for one helluva suprise when he cracks open my folder
Old 10-27-2009, 16:46   #1020
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just tonight and every night for Miss Lone_.

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!