Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:09   #981
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Last edited by Geeorge; 02-05-2010 at 04:02..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:06   #982
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post

Your friend Brown Hawk is either a therapist, a counselor or a natural. ... Later gator.

Not to fly under false colors, I'm a software engineer, I'm old, and I have a son on his second tour. He gained a Purple Heart and a lot of bad dreams on his first tour, which Patreaus (sp?) said was the worst area of Baghdad. Between that and a lot of reading and other experience, I try to help as best I can.

Hawk
Old 10-26-2009, 09:30   #983
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Please, no bullets, OK? Please?

I second that. No bullets anywhere near her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
BTW LW honey I'm wonderin if you could do me a favor please. After I get home from work I usually fix me a glass of tea, turn up I am outta sugar and I was wonderin if you could slip by and stick your finger in my tea so I could have sweet tea
Oh my it is getting so deep in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Your friend Brown Hawk is either a therapist, a counselor or a natural. What wonderful insite he/she has and such a good person. It has been really cool to be able to read the posts to you by your many friends.
People truly care about you and you have sparked something in them that makes them able to verbalize it. Later gator.
Glock26girl you said it very well. I am the worst person to talk to about this sort of thing and I know that. It warms my heart to see you people reaching out to help my friend in a way that I never could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:10   #984
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Silent_Runner,....... I see you have a Membership upgrade.

Lady_Wolfe,..... hope all is well.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 13:33   #985
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
BTW LW honey I'm wonderin if you could do me a favor please. After I get home from work I usually fix me a glass of tea, turn up I am outta sugar and I was wonderin if you could slip by and stick your finger in my tea so I could have sweet tea
Ummmmmm, okie, sweetheart, darling....... Are you trying to get sick from food poisoning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Thank you sweetie. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
250 brownie points awarded to Okie

: wavey:
Geeorge are you wishing you'd thought of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Silent_Runner,....... I see you have a Membership upgrade.
: welcome: .............:t ongueout:

Lady_Wolfe,..... hope all is well. : hugs:
Yep, and she swears I bought it for her after she told me not to....
But where are you welcoming her to?

I gave my docs a bit of a scare today without meaning to. I’m supposed to report to my doctor if I have any chest pains that don’t feel like the pain I usually have. Wel today the weather pain was letting off a bit but around lunchtime I started getting this pain that felt like someone was reaching inside and squeezing my lungs and heart. So I finish the computer I was working on and head to the hospital. I tell the girl behind the counter what’s wrong and she gets all scared looking and hurries and gets my doc. He takes me to a room and starts listening to my heart, then he hooks wires up to me, then even has me get on the treadmill before he finally says “Well, it’s not a heart attack”. Ummmmmmmmm, that’s good, doc. So then he says it must be from stuff inside still healing. Which is docspeak for he didn’t have a clue what caused it. At least it's easing a little bit tonight.......

It's been a long day for me. I just haven’t felt like talking today, so I stayed out of here. I thought after I cried enough to cause the Tigris to over flow I would start to feel better…………. I thought…………….

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 13:51   #986
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
250 brownie points awarded to Okie

okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 13:54   #987
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Ummmmmm, okie, sweetheart, darling....... Are you trying to get sick from food poisoning?
Nope I sure ain't sweetheart
Old 10-26-2009, 14:11   #988
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Yep, and she swears I bought it for her after she told me not to....
But where are you welcoming her to?.....
Welcome was for upgrading to being a "paid membership" status.
Regardless of WHO paid for it.

Sweet LW,....... tears wash away the blues.....at least for a Girl.
Guys need BEER!

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 10-26-2009 at 16:49..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 14:45   #989
AstroWolf

Threads like this always amaze me how the GT community can care.

Best to ya LW... Great thread of care.
AstroWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 15:38   #990
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
... I thought after I cried enough to cause the Tigris to over flow I would start to feel better…………. I thought…………….
It's the beginning of healing, not the end. And with all you've got going one, it will probably be slow.

But I am seeing you doing better from your postings, even this one. One step at a time.

Love, prayers and

Hawk
Old 10-26-2009, 16:18   #991
deadday

Quote:

I gave my docs a bit of a scare today without meaning to. I’m supposed to report to my doctor if I have any chest pains that don’t feel like the pain I usually have. Wel today the weather pain was letting off a bit but around lunchtime I started getting this pain that felt like someone was reaching inside and squeezing my lungs and heart. So I finish the computer I was working on and head to the hospital. I tell the girl behind the counter what’s wrong and she gets all scared looking and hurries and gets my doc. He takes me to a room and starts listening to my heart, then he hooks wires up to me, then even has me get on the treadmill before he finally says “Well, it’s not a heart attack”. Ummmmmmmmm, that’s good, doc. So then he says it must be from stuff inside still healing. Which is docspeak for he didn’t have a clue what caused it. At least it's easing a little bit tonight.......

It's been a long day for me. I just haven’t felt like talking today, so I stayed out of here. I thought after I cried enough to cause the Tigris to over flow I would start to feel better…………. I thought…………….
I've noticed that Army docs tend to freak the **** out anytime you even hint at having chest pains...I found this out several times during my brief stint...during OSUT I developed (or aggravated pre-existing, but I'm sticking to the developed) Chostiochondritis (spelling is most assuredly wrong)...I never really understood what was going on but it had something to do with the cartiledge on my ribs degenerating...It was agony...I fell out during a ruck march grabbing my chest and was in the TMC before I knew what was happening..
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 16:20   #992
deadday

Quote:
Regardless of WHO pain for it.

Guys need a BEER to cry in and whiskey to make the pain go away..!
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 10-26-2009, 16:21   #993
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
It's the beginning of healing, not the end. And with all you've got going one, it will probably be slow.

But I am seeing you doing better from your postings, even this one. One step at a time.

Love, prayers and

Hawk
Next step: seperating and becoming a jaded, bitter nursing student hell-bent on one day single-handedly un****ing the Army CASEVAC and treatment system
Old 10-26-2009, 16:38   #994
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Just be sure you washed that finger.......
Old 10-26-2009, 18:48   #995
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Nope I sure ain't sweetheart
Then you'd better keep me far away from your tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
I've noticed that Army docs tend to freak the **** out anytime you even hint at having chest pains...I found this out several times during my brief stint...during OSUT I developed (or aggravated pre-existing, but I'm sticking to the developed) Chostiochondritis (spelling is most assuredly wrong)...I never really understood what was going on but it had something to do with the cartiledge on my ribs degenerating...It was agony...I fell out during a ruck march grabbing my chest and was in the TMC before I knew what was happening..
Yeah, I keep some of them guys on edge all the time because I have constant chest pain, sometimes bad, and the injury involved my heart. The docs always asks me if it feels any different and that's what got them today. I guess "I feel like something's squeezing my heart" wasn't the nicest way to describe it. But it was about right..........

The doc said something to me about checking the cartlidge on my ribs today, but he didn't follow up too much. I think he was just relieved I wasn't having a heart attack so soon after he said I had no permanent heart damage.

Quote:
Regardless of WHO paid for it.

Guys need BEER!
Well they aint done it yet, or even close. I'd rather have the beer.

Damn nightmares! )(*&^%$#@!!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 19:27   #996
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Next step: seperating and becoming a jaded, bitter nursing student hell-bent on one day single-handedly un****ing the Army CASEVAC and treatment system
It took years and hundreds of idiots (most of them in congress) to mess it up. You got my vote for congress.

Hawk
Old 10-26-2009, 19:35   #997
dugo

Wolfe, I just got surprised by this thread and wanted to throw my good wishes in, for what it's worth. Far as I know, I don't know any folks here personally, but I find something to respect in most of them. These are mostly technical things, though; expertise, tactical experience, know-how, stuff like that.

Clearly, you got some of these, but what is special here is heart. When you put your story out there, as you have done, it reaches different places and wakes up different things. Some of us don't know you, but now, in a small way, we do. Thanks for that...

And thank you, with deepest gratitude, for your service and your sacrifice.

Most of all please know and remember that, by god, you absolutely do have our loftiest prayers, our finest personal hopes, our most intense good wishes, reaching out to you! It is little enough to offer, but know it is there.

Take all the time you need, heal up the best you can imagine in every way, be better at the end of it than you were at the beginning.

Just my .02
dugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 20:08   #998
deadday

Quote:

Not to fly under false colors, I'm a software engineer, I'm old, and I have a son on his second tour. He gained a Purple Heart and a lot of bad dreams on his first tour, which Patreaus (sp?) said was the worst area of Baghdad. Between that and a lot of reading and other experience, I try to help as best I can.

Hawk
<---his dumb Cav ass spent this whole time ASSuming that the avatar photo was of you
Old 10-26-2009, 22:05   #999
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:

Hawk

Thank you for all you do for our girl. Your words of insight and caring are so valuable. I'm sorry for what your son has been through, but feel certain that he knows how blessed he is to have you as his parent.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42   #1000
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Then you'd better keep me far away from your tea.

I ain't worried sweetheart. I'm so sorry bout the bad dreams honey

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!