Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Hi, SR
Hi yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The Gorgeous One and I are trading emails now.::
I see. Are you too good to talk to the rest of us now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Oh, don't worry, I'll take turns rubbing his feet long enough for him to work the cramps back out of his hands. :

In a way I'm saying "screw it, go ahead and shoot me again, and I don't even have armor on!" But something tells me that's not the kind of 'screw it' you want me to say..... I've seen 2 different combat stress counselors so far, no word yet if one of them is going to be my 'regular'. I like the one I saw today better so far. She came to the hospital and talked to me there, because I hurt my knee last night and can't use crutches, so I stayed there for last night and today. The one I saw a couple days ago seemed pretty good too, he got to see me shortly after a bunch of explosions had me thinking we were taking IDF, but it was our guys practicing.

:
I think he would enjoy the footrubs also.

No that is not what we want you to say!

What did you do to your knee this time? Do you think that may be a sign that you should come home? So has one of the counselors stepped up yet?

Quote:

He's got some nice prizes this time around. Of course the way my luck goes, I'll win a gun. ::
You do not need to win a gun unless you are planning to give it to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
So far, it sounds like you are pretty well set with people who seem to know what they are doing and are concerned about you...Yay!! You have been on my mind so often and I've just had an overwhelming desire to beg you to hop a plane and come back Stateside. The things you wrote today are putting my mind at ease. I pray (and I know everyone else does, too) that you continue to make progress and find people who can help you the most.

God, please give all of those who are there to help Wolfe your wisdom in how to help her most...In Jesus' name, amen.
Thank you for that prayer. I am praying it too.

Quote:
Yep. The guy who's going to be my physical terrorist admitted he didn't want to mess with me, and he thinks he's in over his head, but he said he'd do his best. Today he had me sit with my heating pad across my chest for a while before I started stretching. He said it made a small difference. I'll take any difference at all.

Trust me, I've begged myself to say the hell with what I said I'd do and get on a plane home! At times I don't know why I haven't.

I would rather you have a real therapist but this trainer seems to be conservative in his approach. I hope that continues. As long as he works closely with your PA he should be able to help you. I think the heating pad before therapy will help you.

We have begged you and you have begged yourself. Why are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
<<< is body warm.

Which means, ladies are close in the winter, far away in the summer.

Such is life.
This could get interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:40   #8282
BobInTX

^^^Glad to see you on here, SR. I was just thinking this morning how it's been a while since you posted. Are you doing okay?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:53   #8283
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
No that is not what we want you to say!
I didn't think so. Oh well.........

What did you do to your knee this time? Do you think that may be a sign that you should come home? So has one of the counselors stepped up yet?
Just a bad step, it was OK after a day or so. I've seen the one counselor a couple more times, but she hasn't said if she's going to work with me. She hasn't really tried to get into much except my reactions to Afghani's.

Quote:
<<< is body warm.

Which means, ladies are close in the winter, far away in the summer.

Such is life.
It's not that I don't trust you, but I'm going to have to find this out for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Whether it's 107 degrees or 7 degrees below outside, I sleep on no less than two heating pads simultaneously. Sometimes I have to sammich myself in between the two I'm sleeping ON and a third layers on top of my knees, or hips........
I've only got the one here that faa sent me, but the only place I really need it is on my chest. Now that I'm in my new room where it's warm I don't think my knees will complain too much. Not that I can feel the complaints very much through the Fentanyl and other meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
I use my heating pad nightly on my trigger points. It is invaluable in keeping my pain under control!
No kidding, I'm sure glad to have mine back. I had to ship it with my other stuff out of Iraq, and just got it back a couple days ago when I moved into my room. My chest is glad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Almost pulled my heating pad out of the closet to use on my knee when it got so cold the other night. Seems like the whole closet is full of nothing but back, feet massager's, baths, electric stimulator's, etc. People spend a lot of money on that stuff. Hello LW!: wavey:
Hiya Magnus! Right now I'd love to be able to soak in a hottub all the way up to my nose. I'll bet that would feel good.

Quote:
Quote:
Errrrrrrr, think he might have forgot about the protection part for at least a bit a few years ago............

I can't help you there. People die and get hurt in war. If God protected all of them the army would be invincible, wouldn't it? My uncle went down on a sinking ship in WWII, and I'm sure people were praying for his protection. I don't know how God chooses to protect or not protect, but I know it's not because he doesn't love you. After all, he allowed his Son to die in agony on the cross for the sins of mankind..
True, but I didn’t save anyone’s soul by dying and having to be revived.

Yes, that is right. But you keep saying you see Afghanis behind every rock, truck, etc, so I think you still need God's protection.
Even if I really don't, it doesn't feel that way. I walk around here just sure I'm about to get shot by the next Afghani I see, even though they don't actually have anything to shoot me with. So should we pray for your protection or for you to find peace? Do you feel that way when you are stateside in public places?
How about both? And yes, I do.

But if you take your thought a little farther, we all need that protection. It could be from rockets and mortars, AK-47's, or muggers and drunk drivers. Any of them could injure you or kill you just as dead as an AK could.

That's right. Which is why we should ALL pray for protection. I wonder how many times God has protected us and we didn't even know it?
No telling. I just wish he’d been paying attention 3 years ago. He wouldn’t have even had to tell me, but I think I’d have figured it out.

David wrote this Psalm when he was running away from Saul, who was trying to kill him. He fled to Gath, which was Goliath's hometown. They captured him and he pretended to be crazy. He let saliva run down his beard and acted insane so they wouldn't kill him. He didn't talk to them, but talked to God in this Psalm and did indeed ask for his protection. And God gave it to him. I know God is protecting you also.
The difference is I'm not pretending to be crazy, I just am.

I could see that coming a mile away.
But you forgot to duck.

Do you think he'll keep on protecting me after I've done whatever he kept me here to do?
Til the end of time. Even if you die you'll be with Him.
How can you be SURE I won't go the other direction when I die?

Just don't take that dying thing into your own hands.
If I do are you going to join the posse that’s going to come over here with bats and beat me to death again?
The heating pad thing makes sense. The heat increases the blood flow and makes you more limber. It might not hurt for you to put the heating pad on there at night some too, if you haven't been already. I'm sure the cat wouldn't mind it either.
Mandy loves my heating pad, she tries to use it when I'm not there. I've used it quite a bit at night, but never before therapy before. I sure hope it helps.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 21:11   #8284
engineer151515

Quote:

It's not that I don't trust you, but I'm going to have to find this out for myself.

Foot rubs and body warmth.
If we could only find a way to package it up and ship it.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 21:46   #8285
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Miss S_R!

Hi Sweetheart!
Old 12-08-2011, 15:59   #8286
BobInTX

Quote:
Do you think he'll keep on protecting me after I've done whatever he kept me here to do?
Til the end of time. Even if you die you'll be with Him.
How can you be SURE I won't go the other direction when I die?

Well, you deserve to go the other direction. We all do. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. The only way to get in Heaven is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died and rose again to atone for our sins. You can't be a "good person" and get there, because one sin is enough to keep us out. I think none of us are sinless, now are we? “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life”

Just don't take that dying thing into your own hands.
If I do are you going to join the posse that’s going to come over here with bats and beat me to death again? What do you think?

Mandy loves my heating pad, she tries to use it when I'm not there. I've used it quite a bit at night, but never before therapy before. I sure hope it helps.
Me too. How ya feeling these days? Are you over the pain from your travels?
Old 12-08-2011, 19:21   #8287
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Mandy and Mitch have two things in common. They both love you, and they covet our heating pads. When I was in the floor after the stroke, my feet got cold and I had to wrestle Mitch for my heating pad!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:13   #8288
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
^^^Glad to see you on here, SR. I was just thinking this morning how it's been a while since you posted. Are you doing okay?
Thank you. I am still hanging in here. Wolfe will not get rid of me easily. How are you doing?

Quote:
Just a bad step, it was OK after a day or so. I've seen the one counselor a couple more times, but she hasn't said if she's going to work with me. She hasn't really tried to get into much except my reactions to Afghani's.

I've only got the one here that faa sent me, but the only place I really need it is on my chest. Now that I'm in my new room where it's warm I don't think my knees will complain too much. Not that I can feel the complaints very much through the Fentanyl and other meds.
I hope it was nothing more. Remember that your one shrink in Iraq started slowly with you and still ended doing you a lot of good so this counselor may do the same. Are you using the heating pad now that you have it back? Is it helping your therapy?

Quote:
I think Wolfe has figured out a way.

Quote:
Hi Miss S_R!

Hi Sweetheart!::
Hello 23skidoo. How are you doing?

Quote:
Well, you deserve to go the other direction.
You must know Wolfe!

Quote:
Mandy and Mitch have two things in common. They both love you, and they covet our heating pads.:: When I was in the floor after the stroke, my feet got cold and I had to wrestle Mitch for my heating pad!:::
You should have had the pad under your feet and gotten your cat to sleep on top!
Quote:
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 12-09-2011, 18:05   #8289
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Of course there's a way, have you packed and bought your plane ticket yet?

Quote:
Well, you deserve to go the other direction.
Yep, you know me....

What do you think?
I think you'll probably bring that medic with you to revive me first to make sure I feel it!

Me too. How ya feeling these days? Are you over the pain from your travels?
It's letting off a little, but as you know it'll never really go away since the pain from travelling is really just aggravated pain from getting shot. I'm still at the max dose of Fentanyl and don't think I can come off that anytime soon, but I'm not eating add-ons quite as fast the last couple days. My 'doc' says she hopes I can get back to where I was before I started traveling soon, but won't force me off my meds while the pain is still this bad. BTW, I had the MRI, should have more info in a few days hopefully.

Quote:
Mandy and Mitch have two things in common. They both love you, and they covet our heating pads.: rofl: When I was in the floor after the stroke, my feet got cold and I had to wrestle Mitch for my heating pad!: animlol:: grouphug:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Silent_Runner was right, the pad should have been under your feet with Mitch on top!

Quote:
I hope it was nothing more. Remember that your one shrink in Iraq started slowly with you and still ended doing you a lot of good so this counselor may do the same. Are you using the heating pad now that you have it back? Is it helping your therapy?
Yep, I remember, I'm giving her time. It does seem like she'll be the one I see, although she hasn't said as much. She just keeps making my appointments for when she's open. The heating pad seemed like it helped some today, especially since it was cool in the room and that makes it hurt worse.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-09-2011, 20:49   #8290
engineer151515

Quote:
Of course there's a way, have you packed and bought your plane ticket yet?
But who will feed Marylin?
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 20:51   #8291
Zonny

Quote:
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 13:06   #8292
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Hiya Magnus! Right now I'd love to be able to soak in a hottub all the way up to my nose. I'll bet that would feel good.
I used to love it when my mom and her ex had one of those. I spent a lot of time there just to use the hot tub. However after I got my Rhuematoid arthritis, I did not care for it as much. They are not so good for that but it sure felt great on my back and knee. I wish you could have your own personal one, that would help you a lot. See you should have bargained with them before you said yes. Give me a hot tub and I'll stay??
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 13:11   #8293
Zonny

Wolfe, you have the perfect patio and backdrop at home for a nice hot-tub!
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45   #8294
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
It's letting off a little, but as you know it'll never really go away since the pain from travelling is really just aggravated pain from getting shot. I'm still at the max dose of Fentanyl and don't think I can come off that anytime soon, but I'm not eating add-ons quite as fast the last couple days. My 'doc' says she hopes I can get back to where I was before I started traveling soon, but won't force me off my meds while the pain is still this bad. BTW, I had the MRI, should have more info in a few days hopefully.
I still hope that the results on the MRI cause your doctor to send you home but at the same time I hope you have not done yourself any serious harm in all the traveling.

Being able to cut back on your pain meds even a little bit is a big step in the right direction. I hope that continues.

Quote:
I think you will have no shortage of volunteers to care for that beautiful cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Wolfe I think Zonny is trying to tell you something. Just think how much you could be enjoying your deck and hot tub right now if you were home.
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 17:18   #8295
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
You mean you're not bringing her?

Ahhh well, as long as you bring yourself. Besides, Zonny will spoil her rotten(er).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I used to love it when my mom and her ex had one of those. I spent a lot of time there just to use the hot tub. : supergrin: However after I got my Rhuematoid arthritis, I did not care for it as much. They are not so good for that but it sure felt great on my back and knee. I wish you could have your own personal one, that would help you a lot. See you should have bargained with them before you said yes. Give me a hot tub and I'll stay??
That would have been a great idea if only I had a place to put one. It'd have to be inside, since I can't breathe this cold air for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Sounds like you're trying to tell me something.....

I'm seriously thinking I'll have to enclose and heat part of the back deck so I can have a hut tub and use it year-round. Who all wants to be invited when I do?

Quote:
I still hope that the results on the MRI cause your doctor to send you home but at the same time I hope you have not done yourself any serious harm in all the traveling.

Being able to cut back on your pain meds even a little bit is a big step in the right direction. I hope that continues.
Got the word today on the MRI, and I don't need to have my chest cartilages re-re-re assembled. The doc said everything's still attached and in it's right place, just badly stretched, strained, abused and as one person put it, really 'angry'. So no medevac out of here, and he doesn't want me flying at all if I can help it. I'm not supposed to crawl, run, lift anything heavier than my laptop computer, or stay out in the cold any longer than I have to. He also gave the person doing my physical therapy his marching orders. He's to start off slow, careful stretching and breathing exercises at first, adding in resistance exercises with minimal weights slowly and only when it doesn't cause more pain. Doc told me even though I didn't tear anything loose he thinks I set myself back "substantially" by doing all this travelling and coming here. He also said the nightmares, thrashing, and lack of sleep isn't helping matters any and he wants my counselor to get to work on helping me with that.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-11-2011, 18:02   #8296
Glock26girl
G26, G19

How do you like your doc? How does he rate compared to your long-term doc in Iraq?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:12   #8297
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
I'm seriously thinking I'll have to enclose and heat part of the back deck so I can have a hut tub and use it year-round. Who all wants to be invited when I do?

Quote:
Got the word today on the MRI ...He also said the nightmares, thrashing, and lack of sleep isn't helping matters any and he wants my counselor to get to work on helping me with that.
Well, at least it SOUNDS like you are now/again getting to actually see a Doc who has his shyte together AND gives a damn........ which is a far more generous characterization that I would give to 99% of the morons who have been (supposedly) treating you/"following you" etc.

Now, we just still gotta get you the hell outta there.............

Oh, btw, got new Hajji phone yet, Hon?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17   #8298
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Regarding heating pads:

Simply this: if I could for some reason no longer have on-demand access to a heating pad, absent any real pain control from Rx sources (and a doc that gave a shyte, but that's a different rant) - Very likely I would just apply a 9 mm cure and call it the End.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:05   #8299
Dinky
aka the Dik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Simply this: if I could for some reason no longer have on-demand access to a heating pad, absent any real pain control from Rx sources (and a doc that gave a shyte, but that's a different rant) - Very likely I would just apply a 9 mm cure and call it the End.

Have spent the last several nights with my heating pad, thinking about buying two more so I don't have to move the one to different places.

Don't like the 9mm cure
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:28   #8300
BobInTX

Quote:
Thank you. I am still hanging in here. Wolfe will not get rid of me easily. How are you doing?
I'm doing well. Since I had the shingles a while back I've tried to not let stress get to me so much, and just leave everything in God's hands more.

The family is holding it's own right now. Since my Father in-law has been in the nursing home he has gained 20 pounds, which is a good thing. He had gotten down to 98 pounds in the hospital. He seems to be thriving.

Quote:

Yep, I remember, I'm giving her time. It does seem like she'll be the one I see, although she hasn't said as much. She just keeps making my appointments for when she's open. The heating pad seemed like it helped some today, especially since it was cool in the room and that makes it hurt worse.

Quote:

Sounds like you're trying to tell me something.....

I think that's a great idea.

Got the word today on the MRI, and I don't need to have my chest cartilages re-re-re assembled. The doc said everything's still attached and in it's right place, just badly stretched, strained, abused and as one person put it, really 'angry'. So no medevac out of here, and he doesn't want me flying at all if I can help it. I'm not supposed to crawl, run, lift anything heavier than my laptop computer, or stay out in the cold any longer than I have to. He also gave the person doing my physical therapy his marching orders. He's to start off slow, careful stretching and breathing exercises at first, adding in resistance exercises with minimal weights slowly and only when it doesn't cause more pain. Doc told me even though I didn't tear anything loose he thinks I set myself back "substantially" by doing all this travelling and coming here. He also said the nightmares, thrashing, and lack of sleep isn't helping matters any and he wants my counselor to get to work on helping me with that.
Well, I'm glad everything is still in place. By angry, do they mean inflamed? Can they give you some anti-imflammatories or do they already do that? Is that what the steroid shots do?

I assume your nightmares are as nasty as ever. I'm so sorry you are having to face your fears like this.

I realized I haven't given y'all an Emily fix for a while, so here ya go.

Okie Memorial Area

I wouldn't be surprised if she's not walking by Christmas.

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!