Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2011, 16:11   #8161
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Tuxedo Cat just showed up!! He looks okay. He'd been gone a week.
I'm so glad to hear that!! Hug him once for me!!!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 17:26   #8162
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I'm so glad to hear that!! Hug him once for me!!!!
Once for me too! I'm glad he came back.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:12   #8163
BobInTX

I would but he still won't let me touch him
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:32   #8164
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Yeah, I'll be trying to get my phone working once I'm wherever I'm going to be. I'm working on the feeling better part, so is my doc and terrorist. Shrink too, from the mental part of it. My doc went ahead and raised my Fentanyl dose to the max. He'd said he was hoping to avoid that, but didn't like the amount of pain I've been having. (Neither do I!) My terrorist slacked off on his abuse the last couple days, he said he can't really prep me to travel anymore, I just have to be careful and hope I don't aggravate my injury. My shrink, well, she's got her hands full. Give her credit though, she's trying to help with the fear and nihgtmares. She keeps trying to tell me I don't have to do this, but I feel like I do. After all, I said I would.

I heard about the Kabul attack, sad and scary at the same time. If I were to go to Kabul I’d have to convoy between the bases in spite of what my employer said. They’re so close together there aren’t flights between them. I doubt I’ll end up there just because of what they said about me not having to ride convoys. It would look kind of funny if I end up there after that. Not to mention what you folks would do the first time I said I was going to get on one. Besides, I’ve already used up 8 of my 9 lives….

I appreciate the offer of a letter campaign, but sure hope it doesn't come to that. I do agree that they'll need to do something, I can't live the rest of my life with my chest feeling like it does right now. Or my head like this, either.
Wolfe I doubt anyone likes the amount of pain you have been feeling. I wish there was something that could be done for you besides pump you full of narcotics. Your shrink is right in that you do not have to do this and I really think you should reconsider. You probably did not expect your pain and other problems to flare up like they have when you agreed to go back. Perhaps you should explain things to your employer.

BobInTX you can count me in on a letter writing campaign if it is needed. I think they should bring Wolfe home on a first class flight with nothing but the best and take her straight to the best care available anywhere with no concern for the cost. I will happily pay my share for that.

Quote:
Please post a picture of your newly returned cat so we can celebrate. I also thank you all for the prayers.

Quote:
I figured you’d have something to say about all of the first 4 answers, something about not taking that chance…. So now it’s OK to go on a convoy?
I can't help but notice the irony in your sig line now. It used to be that you folks would dogpile me to get me to do something I didn't want to do, now some of you are dogpiling me to get me to NOT do something you don't want me to do and I don’t want to do either.
Wolfe we are still dogpiling you because we want you to come home and recover properly. And you already know it is not OK for you to go on any convoys! Are you traveling or just having troubles where you are? You have not checked in and we are worried about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Wolfe, I don't know what anyone else is saying to you, but I know what I said..."that it might be healing for you to go back to Afghanistan." Honey, this decision is totally up to you. If you want to go and feel strongly about it, then you need to do what you want to do, but if in your heart you know that you don't want to go, then don't do it! We all love you and I bet there isn't a one of us who actually WANTS you to go, but we are trying to be supportive and let you make up your own mind.
Glock26girl you said it very well. None of us actually want her to go there and at least some of us really think she should not have given in to the pressure to go but we all pray she will come home safely. We also pray that her mental health does not suffer from going back there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 16:42   #8165
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
No problem, just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in cyberspace since your pm box was full for a while.
I cleaned a bunch of PM's out. I'll clean a bunch more once I catch up answering some I'm way over due.

Quote:

Quote:
Yay!!!

How are you, Wolfe?
I'll just say that I've been better. Right now I'm wishing I was anywhere but here getting ready to travel to Afghanistan. I'm thinking thoughts I haven't thought much in a little while. A couple demons need a fresh bashing.

Quote:
I would but he still won't let me touch him
But he will let you give him treats and take pics, right? Speaking of pics, you should post the one you just sent me. Last night I was laying in bed wondering why I'm even still here and getting really depressed thinking about leaving the base I've been on for so long, thinking of the things I'll miss, and just wanting to give up and go home when I saw that email. Guess I needed that reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I doubt anyone likes the amount of pain you have been feeling. I wish there was something that could be done for you besides pump you full of narcotics. Your shrink is right in that you do not have to do this and I really think you should reconsider. You probably did not expect your pain and other problems to flare up like they have when you agreed to go back. Perhaps you should explain things to your employer.

Right now even the meds aren't knocking the pain down enough, and they can't give me any more to travel with. No, I didn't expect to be as scared and upset as I am right now, or for my chest to flare up like this before I even get on the first flight. My shrink says it's because I'm tense as hell and thrashing a lot during the nightmares. I'm seriously second-guessing myself and wondering if it's too late to back out now.

BobInTX you can count me in on a letter writing campaign if it is needed. I think they should bring Wolfe home on a first class flight with nothing but the best and take her straight to the best care available anywhere with no concern for the cost. I will happily pay my share for that.

Wolfe we are still dogpiling you because we want you to come home and recover properly. And you already know it is not OK for you to go on any convoys! Are you traveling or just having troubles where you are? You have not checked in and we are worried about you.

You might get your wish. I typed up a long explaination of things happening right now and what's going through my head, but decided to delete it. I just don't know if I can make myself board that plane from Kuwait to Bagram

Glock26girl you said it very well. None of us actually want her to go there and at least some of us really think she should not have given in to the pressure to go but we all pray she will come home safely. We also pray that her mental health does not suffer from going back there.
It feels like it has, and I'm right back where I started from, but my shrink says this will pass. I hope she's right. My doc is saying the same thing, so maybe they're right.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 16:44   #8166
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:

I'll just say that I've been better. Right now I'm wishing I was anywhere but here getting ready to travel to Afghanistan. I'm thinking thoughts I haven't thought much in a little while. A couple demons need a fresh bashing.

Hiding will do you for a spell. But eventually you need to face those demons.

Besides, I don't think any demons really want to mess with you, you're tough.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 17:20   #8167
BobInTX

Quote:
I cleaned a bunch of PM's out. I'll clean a bunch more once I catch up answering some I'm way over due.

But he will let you give him treats and take pics, right? Speaking of pics, you should post the one you just sent me. Last night I was laying in bed wondering why I'm even still here and getting really depressed thinking about leaving the base I've been on for so long, thinking of the things I'll miss, and just wanting to give up and go home when I saw that email. Guess I needed that reminder.

It feels like it has, and I'm right back where I started from, but my shrink says this will pass. I hope she's right. My doc is saying the same thing, so maybe they're right.
My daughter in-law has good timing sending me those pics. Sometimes I don't know why I do the things I do as I'm doing them, but have learned not to argue with the feeling.

You mean a lot to me even though we've never met. I wish you weren't going, but you are so you have to be strong. Just know that God is with you there. It doesn't matter where "there" is because he is there in your heart. I'm praying for your protection, healing and strength.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NIV)
Old 11-06-2011, 19:03   #8168
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I'm wearing my Johnny Bench jersey tonight so those pointy head demons had best pick on someone else tonight! The sleep of the just Sweetheart.

Miss S_R; it was good to see you on here today, still praying for you and Miss LG.
Old 11-07-2011, 00:24   #8169
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:01   #8170
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Right now even the meds aren't knocking the pain down enough, and they can't give me any more to travel with. No, I didn't expect to be as scared and upset as I am right now, or for my chest to flare up like this before I even get on the first flight. My shrink says it's because I'm tense as hell and thrashing a lot during the nightmares. I'm seriously second-guessing myself and wondering if it's too late to back out now. ... I just don't know if I can make myself board that plane from Kuwait to Bagram.
I have a serious question in my mind as to whether, even though hypothetically "they" could be the bestestest greatestest most brilliant medical people on the plant, just HOW exactly it is that "they" will (a) be able to (b) actually give a damn enough to (c) actually bother to - step right into the shoes of the treating people you have NOW and have had.

Just because some quadruple star and cluster and whatever megga doctor/shrink picks up your file and leafs through it, scanning the complicated contents and history doesn't, in my mind, ensure that you are going to get SQUAT for situation-specific medical/psy care.

Would you consider NOT going as NOT a "backing out" but, rather, perhaps, a making a different and better plan?

There's just too many hands in the soup, and I don't trust a one of them. Not.A.One.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((love you))))))))))))))))))))))))
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:11   #8171
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Okie Memorial Area
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:54   #8172
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

http://www.troopsfirstfoundation.org/int_exit.php
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:13   #8173
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Okie Memorial Area
I love it!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19   #8174
BobInTX

Quote:
Speaking of pics, you should post the one you just sent me. Last night I was laying in bed wondering why I'm even still here and getting really depressed thinking about leaving the base I've been on for so long, thinking of the things I'll miss, and just wanting to give up and go home when I saw that email. Guess I needed that reminder.
Here's the pic. It came to me with the caption "Good morning!" Her eyes have changed from brown to grey.

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by BobInTX; 11-07-2011 at 09:25.. Reason: pic size
Old 11-07-2011, 18:24   #8175
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
Here's the pic. It came to me with the caption "Good morning!" Her eyes have changed from brown to grey.

Okie Memorial Area
Bob, she is a beautiful little blessing!!!

Wolfe, how are you doing? We are all still praying. We love you.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 22:19   #8176
engineer151515

Bump for Wolfe.

and

very cute.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 11-08-2011, 14:27   #8177
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Bump for Wolfe.

and

very cute.
What? No grind this time? Darn!

Quote:
Bob, she is a beautiful little blessing!!!
Amen to that! Just wait till she gets older......

Wolfe, how are you doing? We are all still praying. We love you.: hugs:: hugs:
Thank you for that, I love all of you too. I think I need the prayers bad right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
That program was the reason my shrink was willing to sign off on me going back, according to her, although I won't be in it. I'm not going back in a controlled visit like that, I think it would be a hell of a lot less scary if I was. Instead I'm going right back to being in the environment and I hope I can handle it.

Quote:
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
I have a serious question in my mind as to whether, even though hypothetically "they" could be the bestestest greatestest most brilliant medical people on the plant, just HOW exactly it is that "they" will (a) be able to (b) actually give a damn enough to (c) actually bother to - step right into the shoes of the treating people you have NOW and have had.

Just because some quadruple star and cluster and whatever megga doctor/shrink picks up your file and leafs through it, scanning the complicated contents and history doesn't, in my mind, ensure that you are going to get SQUAT for situation-specific medical/psy care.

Would you consider NOT going as NOT a "backing out" but, rather, perhaps, a making a different and better plan?

There's just too many hands in the soup, and I don't trust a one of them. Not.A.One.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((love you))))))))))))))))))))))))
My last conversation with my shrink was interesting. One of the things she said to me was the reason she thinks I'm willing to go back to some place where I know I'll be miserable and scared as hell. She commented that with my chest hurting like it does it keeps me from being able to enjoy doing even things I'd otherwise like doing. So since I'm not going to be happy anyway I go ahead and let myself be led into doing things that I wouldn't be happy doing even if my chest were OK.

With that said, all the stuff you wrote here is going through my mind too. I scared as hell, and not just of getting shot again and the nightmares about it. All the same things about no one being able or willing to do what I need are really working on me right now. It's too late to change my plans now, I'm on my way to Baghdad. I stood there looking at the flight listings earlier tonight and felt such a sense of dread when I saw Bagram listed that I really can't describe it. Yeah, I'd seriously consider backing out if I could right now. But I can't so I got to do like Bob said and be strong. I only wish I was half as strong as he thinks I am.

My internet connection here isn't worth a crap, so I'll have to get back to the rest of what you all wrote later.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 14:28   #8178
engineer151515

Quote:
What? No grind this time? Darn!

Well, there was a child present.

Last edited by engineer151515; 11-08-2011 at 14:29..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 14:34   #8179
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Well, there was a child present.
Old 11-08-2011, 15:03   #8180
BobInTX

Quote:
Yeah, I'd seriously consider backing out if I could right now. But I can't so I got to do like Bob said and be strong. I only wish I was half as strong as he thinks I am.
You're not strong on your own. You have Help and lots of prayers.

I posted the verses below over a year ago. We're still here with you, and God still hears our prayers.

Psalm 6 (NIV)

O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave?

I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Psalm 13 (NIV)

A psalm of David.

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

my enemy will say, “I have overcome [her],”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

And a new one for strength and comfort:

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11 “All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.
12 Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.
13 For I am the LORD your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

Isaiah 41 (NIV)

Last edited by BobInTX; 11-08-2011 at 15:09.. Reason: formatting

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!