Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:09   #8141
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi folks! I heard from The Gorgeous One today! She asked me to relay she's having problems and hopes to be online soon and to stress she is still among the living.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56   #8142
BobInTX

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50   #8143
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi folks! I have a message for y'all from Miss Lone. "Between my damn chest, the nightmares, trying to get ready to travel, and then when I finally have a minute where I can lift a computer and want to talk I can't get online. So now I get online, the connection keeps cutting out, and I can't get a GT page to load." Please keep her in your prayers.
Old 10-30-2011, 17:05   #8144
BobInTX

Always.
Old 10-30-2011, 18:03   #8145
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Wolfe, I don't know what anyone else is saying to you, but I know what I said..."that it might be healing for you to go back to Afghanistan." Honey, this decision is totally up to you. If you want to go and feel strongly about it, then you need to do what you want to do, but if in your heart you know that you don't want to go, then don't do it! We all love you and I bet there isn't a one of us who actually WANTS you to go, but we are trying to be supportive and let you make up your own mind.
I really don't know how I feel about it. Right now I'm still feeling really negative and scared as hell, pretty freaked out that I even said I would. It doesn't help that I've had both the chest pain and nightmare flared up bad since I fould out, and to the point it's kept me offline for the last few days. That, and Hajji-net here didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sweetheart, you have a unique command of the Queens english: tongueout: No ma'am, it is not okay for you to go on a convoy.: scared: The sleep of the just tonight and every night.: hugs:: hearts:: iloveyou:
Rumor has it the Queen has chartered a jet to go over to your house and slap you for saying that.

And yeah, I agree about staying the hell off convoys. My history on them isn't very good, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Thread bump

Grind to follow.

: supergrin:
Oooooh baby!

Luckily I saw the post before your fickle self changed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
: wavey:

Either she don't want to talk, or she's in-transit.
The first part was true at times, at other times I couldn't due to being either too doped up or at the hospital, and hajji-net is getting worse by the day here. Oh well, I won't be here much longer.

So where's that PM you tried to send me? I clean out my Inbox just for you and then, nothing.

Quote:
Hi folks! I heard from The Gorgeous One today! She asked me to relay she's having problems and hopes to be online soon and to stress she is still among the living.
Thanks for passing that on, I figured a couple of you might wonder if I'd decided to try riding on a convoy here in Iraq. Yeah, I'm still among the living, but have spent a lot of time in the last few days wishing I wasn't.

Quote:
: sigh: : worried:
Thought you'd be relieved to hear that I'm still kicking.

Quote:
Hi folks! I have a message for y'all from Miss Lone. "Between my damn chest, the nightmares, trying to get ready to travel, and then when I finally have a minute where I can lift a computer and want to talk I can't get online. So now I get online, the connection keeps cutting out, and I can't get a GT page to load." Please keep her in your prayers.
Folks, you need to thank Skidoo for editing out part of this message before he posted it. Something to do with the Queen's english.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX
Always
Thank you. Much needed right now and over the next several days. I'm really close to travel time. My employer is trying to arrange me a quick flight into Bagram once I get out of Iraq, so I don't have to sit in Kuwait. I hope that works out, that place is nasty and toting my still arould is hell on my chest.

The last few days haven't been fun at all. My nightmares are having their way with me and between my physical terrorist trying to get me ready to travel, thrashing from the nightmares, weather changing, etc, my chest has been saying thing I can't print.... But the demons haven't won their battle, so Batter Up!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 22:33   #8146
BobInTX

Sorry about the PM. I think I pretty much covered it on an email to you. It seems like forever since then.

I heard today about 17 people killed in Khabul in an armored bus by a suicide bomber who rammed it with a vehicle carrying explosives, including US soldiers and civilian contractors. I thought how easily that could have been you. It wasn't , but they were someone's child and/or father or mother. Prayers up for all of them and especially for you. Keep your head down. I meant what I said about your employer pulling strings to get you into a good hospital when you are through. You have definitely gone beyond the call of duty and deserve the very best care. Say the word and I will personally write every Congressman, Senator and the President with your story and petition them on your behalf.

We are a little sad tonight. We haven't seen the tuxedo cat for two days. It was a little cold Friday night, so I'm afraid he went into someone's garage to get warm and got closed in. This is what happened with our last outdoor cat. Just didn't show up one morning.
Old 10-31-2011, 16:30   #8147
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Bob, prayers for tuxedo cat to make it home safely. I am in agreement with you on her employer promising to get her into a good hospital when she is through...and the fact that she has gone beyond the call of duty and deserves the very best care! I'm on board to write letters, too!

How are you doing today, Wolfe?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 20:24   #8148
BobInTX

Thanks. his official owner hasn't seen him either.
Old 10-31-2011, 23:32   #8149
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Ya know sweetie, if'n the whole 'stay there' aspect becomes the full reality, you ARE gonna have to break down and get another Hajji-cell phone, right?

Hope you get to feeling as "better" as "better" gets under the whole of the circumstance!!

::::::::::::::hugs!::::::::::::::::::
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46   #8150
BobInTX

Quote:
I heard today about 17 people killed in Khabul in an armored bus by a suicide bomber who rammed it with a vehicle carrying explosives, including US soldiers and civilian contractors. I thought how easily that could have been you. It wasn't , but they were someone's child and/or father or mother. Prayers up for all of them and especially for you. Keep your head down. I meant what I said about your employer pulling strings to get you into a good hospital when you are through. You have definitely gone beyond the call of duty and deserve the very best care. Say the word and I will personally write every Congressman, Senator and the President with your story and petition them on your behalf.
I just found out that one of the guys killed had ties to my town.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=430157

I'm not quite sure why they said he "died in an accident".

Last edited by BobInTX; 11-01-2011 at 08:49..
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12   #8151
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
Just checking in. I have been away for awhile with no internet access.
All the best in your "journey" and the latest trials and tribulations. As I understand it, we have to postpone our dinner at the Italian restaurant for a little bit. I see that you are changing your travel plans.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25   #8152
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
I have been away for awhile with no internet access.
I see that you have changed your travel plans and we have to change our dinner date.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 16:57   #8153
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I just found out that one of the guys killed had ties to my town.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=430157

I'm not quite sure why they said he "died in an accident".
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers going up for his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,
Just checking in. I have been away for awhile with no internet access.
All the best in your "journey" and the latest trials and tribulations. As I understand it, we have to postpone our dinner at the Italian restaurant for a little bit. I see that you are changing your travel plans.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Yep, big change. I'll damn sure take that rain check on the dinner plans, I'll really want some good Italian food after I get out of there. Thanks for the good wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Ya know sweetie, if'n the whole 'stay there' aspect becomes the full reality, you ARE gonna have to break down and get another Hajji-cell phone, right? : whistling:

Hope you get to feeling as "better" as "better" gets under the whole of the circumstance!!

::::::::::::::hugs!::::::::::::::::::
Yeah, I'll be trying to get my phone working once I'm wherever I'm going to be. I'm working on the feeling better part, so is my doc and terrorist. Shrink too, from the mental part of it. My doc went ahead and raised my Fentanyl dose to the max. He'd said he was hoping to avoid that, but didn't like the amount of pain I've been having. (Neither do I!) My terrorist slacked off on his abuse the last couple days, he said he can't really prep me to travel anymore, I just have to be careful and hope I don't aggravate my injury. My shrink, well, she's got her hands full. Give her credit though, she's trying to help with the fear and nihgtmares. She keeps trying to tell me I don't have to do this, but I feel like I do. After all, I said I would.

Quote:
Sorry about the PM. I think I pretty much covered it on an email to you. It seems like forever since then.
Hunting through emails to see if I can find anything about what we were talking about before. Only thing I can find is mention that my Inbox is full again and the Rangers are ahead in the series. Guess thatís a little out of date, eh?

We are a little sad tonight. We haven't seen the tuxedo cat for two days. It was a little cold Friday night, so I'm afraid he went into someone's garage to get warm and got closed in. This is what happened with our last outdoor cat. Just didn't show up one morning.
I heard about the Kabul attack, sad and scary at the same time. If I were to go to Kabul Iíd have to convoy between the bases in spite of what my employer said. Theyíre so close together there arenít flights between them. I doubt Iíll end up there just because of what they said about me not having to ride convoys. It would look kind of funny if I end up there after that. Not to mention what you folks would do the first time I said I was going to get on one. Besides, Iíve already used up 8 of my 9 livesÖ.

I appreciate the offer of a letter campaign, but sure hope it doesn't come to that. I do agree that they'll need to do something, I can't live the rest of my life with my chest feeling like it does right now. Or my head like this, either.

I sure hope tuxedo kitty shows back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Bob, prayers for tuxedo cat to make it home safely. I am in agreement with you on her employer promising to get her into a good hospital when she is through...and the fact that she has gone beyond the call of duty and deserves the very best care! I'm on board to write letters, too!

How are you doing today, Wolfe?
I'm doing about the same as I have been since I agreed to go back there, seems I'm back to square one in some ways. Last night the nightmares weren't quite as intense as the last several days, but still nasty. Can someone just knock me in the head so I don't dream for a while?

While you're at it, please keep praying for Silent_Runner.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-01-2011, 23:44   #8154
BobInTX

I don't remember either. I'll look at last pm and see if it jogs my memory.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:05   #8155
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Wolfe...did you get a PM from be about Ranger and Blaster? Sent about a week ago.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 16:32   #8156
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I don't remember either. I'll look at last pm and see if it jogs my memory.
Seems I'm not the only one around here with CRS.

At least I have an excuse, all these meds do mess with my memory and fuzzy up my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Wolfe...did you get a PM from be about Ranger and Blaster? Sent about a week ago.
Got it, and answered it twice. Both times the message got 'ate' before I could get it sent. I'll try again soon, just been having a rough time lately and haven't written much of anything to anyone.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-03-2011, 17:42   #8157
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Seems I'm not the only one around here with CRS.

At least I have an excuse, all these meds do mess with my memory and fuzzy up my head.

Got it, and answered it twice. Both times the message got 'ate' before I could get it sent. I'll try again soon, just been having a rough time lately and haven't written much of anything to anyone.
No problem, just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in cyberspace since your pm box was full for a while.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 18:18   #8158
23skidoo
Deceased

Ever so gentle Sweetheart.
Old 11-05-2011, 15:51   #8159
BobInTX

Tuxedo Cat just showed up!! He looks okay. He'd been gone a week.
Old 11-05-2011, 16:03   #8160
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
Tuxedo Cat just showed up!! He looks okay. He'd been gone a week.
Yay!!!

How are you, Wolfe?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!