Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:46   #8121
BobInTX

Happy Sunday!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31   #8122
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
What ya hiding from?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 18:10   #8123
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
LW!
: wavey:
G!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you, as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! You're anything but average! I'll get as many of those pointy head demons as I can. The sleep of the just Sweetheart.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I'm a lot more average than you realize, you're just biased.

And I hope you can take out some of these damn demons. Start with Nightmares and Chest Pain tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Hiya Lone! Just stopped by to check on you and give you a hug!

B. : wavey:
B!!!!!! How you been? I've missed you. back, my friend.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 19:49   #8124
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I had to split this into 2 posts because of the 6 smiley limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Okie Memorial Area
I don't dare tell that kitty anything it doesn't want to hear, so I'll say I'm just peachy.

Quote:
There's a lot of different things you might be hiding from in here, was it Blast's kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I just saw a news story where they are taking wounded vets back to Iraq, in uniform, to get some closure. ( Operation Proper Exit )

They interviewed a young troop:
Quote:
"When you were coming over here, for Operation Proper Exit," Pelley asked, "Did you wonder whether you were doing the right thing?"

"Sometimes," Cornford replied. "My wife brought up a good point when I told her I wanted to do it. It's, like, 'What if it makes it worse? What if it brings it all back?' Because for a while I would sleepwalk, and scream in my sleep, and stuff, and I haven't been doin' that a lot lately, but when I found out I was coming back, for about a week before, I started doin' it again, and it really scared her."

Cornford's nightmares are rooted in Easter Sunday 2007, when he was just 18 years old. His platoon assaulted an enemy machine gun nest. He was hit in the left shoulder. His lieutenant, Phillip Neel, sprinted forward to help, but was cut down.

Cornford returned fire and threw two hand grenades into the machine gun nest. Then, he carriet Lt. Neel a mile to a Medevac helicopter than took them both to a field hospital. Neel didn't make it, and Cornford cannot forgive himself.

Cornford said he came back, "To try and let it go. It's something that haunts me every day."

"I see his face every time I close my eyes to go to sleep at night," Cornford said. "I blame myself a lot, because I got hit first, and he was coming to get me. I want to be able to lay it to rest, like he is. 'Cause I know he's in a better place. I just, I know he would want me to."
He and I got one thing in common, my dreams also had started to subside a little, and are back with a vengeance right now. I also see Greg's face when I close my eyes.

Sound familiar?

You are not alone.

Have you tried contacting any vets that are going through similar issues?
Yeah, there's some similarities there, except the fact that I didn't do anything heroic to try to save Greg. In fact I'm glad I wasn't conscious to see him die. I imagine actually watching would have only made it worse. Even the version I see in my mind's eye is bad enough. Of course if my being conscious would have stopped him from coming out then I wish I was.

I've had some contact with others who have been injured and some have PTSD, but none who had experiences like mine because most of them got sent home. I'm the only one I know of that was hurt anywhere near this badly and stayed or came back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Don't answer if you can't, but are you going to be in the same place you were in 2008?

Thanks for the compliment. I was really just sighing about your situation.

I'm working on my deck this weekend. I replaced one set of steps the weekend before I got the shingles. This time I'm working on the steps on the other side. I can't hardly move tonight. After this I'm gonna put down some additional screws. Then I got to strip off old stain and powerwash, then put down new stain. I have to finish by Nov 14 because that's when they are putting our Christmas lights on the deck railings so you can see them across the lake. Between falling leaves and wild kitty cats it should be fun staining.

Speaking of shingles, I think I got lucky with a mild case. They are about gone. They didn't get in my eyes, and I can rub and scratch my head without it hurting. I'm getting a haircut Monday. Pretty scraggly looking, especially for a bald guy that keeps it trimmed close.

Oh yeah. Go Rangers. 1-1 in World Series with Cards.
I'm going to have to see more pics of the finished deck, especially with the lights on. And you're right, you got lucky. I hate to think what could have happened if it had gotten in your eyes.

Gotcha on the sighing, I have a few times myself. At times I'm just mad at myself for falling for it and saying I'd go, other times I'm just scared as hell. Still other times I dare to hope it'll do me some good or at least not hurt me any more.

As for where I'll be, I'm not sure. Most likely I'll be stationed at Bagram, which is where I was in 2008. But I'd gone on a mission to one base and was on my way to a second base when I got shot. My employer swears I won't be going off on missions and definitely no convoys, so I won't end up at a little craphole hoping the choppers fly there.

BTW, game 4 is on at the DFAC now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Hiya Wolf. I read the first page and then this page. I actually thought that this was about the Glock Parts supplier with the same name.

Are you in the military or a contractor? Are you in the USA yet? If not why?

I am glad you survived, I am assuming that you were hit from an AK47. I was lamenting about work and a customer visit this week. You know, how could I have done better and reflecting on the things I said. And then I read this story and realized that it is all insignificant compared to what you are going through. I have no idea who you are what you look like or what your name is, but I wish I could encapsulate you in a protective bubble and float you somewhere where you feel all safe and cozy so you could work on the emotional aspect of the injuries. Take care.
Hi ArcAngel, nope, I'm no gun parts supplier. He didn't buy a vowel for the end of his name like I did.

I'm was active duty when I stopped that AK-47 round, not I'm a contractor. I'm also still in the military, just inactive. Some mistakes were made that caused me to be sent to Iraq instead of Walter Reed, and later I chose to stay because I've gotten more and better care here in the last 2 years than the VA could give me.

Thanks, I'm glad I survived, most of the time at least. You're not alone when you think back to something you said or did and realize you could have handled it better. I do it myself. As for not knowing what I look like, you're not missing much. I'm OK looking, but nothing special. That's such I nice wish you have, I love it. Thank you.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I saw something today on Facebook that made me think of you. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.": hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
You may have a point about having no choice but to be strong, but I haven't done it alone. Or even close to alone. I couldn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
It's a nice dream . . . the kind of dream LW needs.
You mean it's only a dream?!?

But reality says LW has a lot more options with better prospects.

I do have one more item I need to send - when she settles in. Its the item I wrote the poem about - the item I lost and found and said I would give to her.
And why are you saying you aren't a good prospect? Methinks you underestimate yourself. Drastically underestimate yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
What ya hiding from?
Whatever it is, I hope she comes out from behind that couch soon. And how are YOU doing?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-23-2011, 20:04   #8125
BobInTX

Yeah, I meant your main base, not the FOB you left the convoy from.

My dr's nurse said her husband had the shingles on his head recently and they got behind his eyes. He had to be hospitalized. I finally got a haircut today.

If they do ask u to go on a convoy you know what the answer is, don't you?

Game 4 definitely better than game 3. I guess you're not sleeping tonight?

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-23-2011 at 20:06..
Old 10-23-2011, 20:11   #8126
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

You mean it's only a dream?!?
No Sweetheart. It's not a dream.

It is our dance.

And I wouldn't miss it.

Last edited by engineer151515; 10-23-2011 at 20:13..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 22:28   #8127
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
I had to split this into 2 posts because of the 6 smiley limit.

I don't dare tell that kitty anything it doesn't want to hear, so I'll say I'm just peachy.
That's his happy face.
He has a weird sense of humor, but harmless.

All the best to ya.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:10   #8128
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Lw

((((((gentle hugs)))))))))))))))))

Love you, babydoll!
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 20:50   #8129
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
That's his happy face.
He has a weird sense of humor, but harmless.: rofl:

All the best to ya.: wavey:
He does look like he's a lot of fun, but I sure don't want to see his angry face!

And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
((((((gentle hugs)))))))))))))))))

Love you, babydoll!
back to you, and thanks for being gentle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
No Sweetheart. It's not a dream.

It is our dances.

And I wouldn't miss it.

I wouldn't miss it either, but I fixed it a little for you.

Quote:
Yeah, I meant your main base, not the FOB you left the convoy from.

My dr's nurse said her husband had the shingles on his head recently and they got behind his eyes. He had to be hospitalized. I finally got a haircut today.

Game 4 definitely better than game 3. I guess you're not sleeping tonight?
Behind the eyes??? Owwww, damn, that had to hurt.

If they do ask u to go on a convoy you know what the answer is, don't you?

Hmmmm, my answer... let's see. Could it be.....

1. "Let me see if that handsome guardian angel is going to use that shield like it was intended....."

2. "Maybe I'd better call my lead in Bagram and ask, I'm sure they'll say No."

3. "Why not, we already know God's going to keep me around whether I like it or not."

4. "Well, either the Afghanis miss me this time, or some GT'ers will....".

Guess not, eh? Maybe door #5 needs to be "Hell NO, remember what happened last time I tried that crap?!?"

Sleep? What's that? I got a little earlier, but woke up a couple hours ago. Guess who came to visit.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-25-2011, 00:18   #8130
BobInTX

I pick the odd numbers with top pick #5

Keep visualizing those dreams. Maybe they'll crack

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-25-2011 at 12:50.. Reason: wrong top pick. duh!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:49   #8131
23skidoo
Deceased

Ummm, Sweetheart? Your P.M. box is full.

Go with #5 and ditch the word filter. The sleep of the just tonight.
Old 10-25-2011, 13:27   #8132
Lady Glock

Quote:

Whatever it is, I hope she comes out from behind that couch soon. And how are YOU doing?

I was in the ER the other day, they say I am hemoraging. I have been since the 5th, and I am very weak. Finally got a new doctor, insurance and a doctor's appointment for the 7th of November, until then, I deal with it. Ranger (the girl) still isn't walking, she has appointments on the 7th and 8th of November. Blaster (the boy) has an appointment on the 7th also to be tested to see if his issue is JRA or Lymes, or both, or neither. One way or another, we have got to get healthy so I can find a job and get out of debt...my insurance (automatically withdrawn) put my account in the negative and I need to find work to fix it before they come after me legally. I also want to have a job so when you come home the next time, I can take you out for lunch!

Old 10-25-2011, 14:25   #8133
23skidoo
Deceased

Miss LG; these are very gentle, one for you and one for each of your kids, I think y'all can use them.
Old 10-25-2011, 15:15   #8134
Lady Glock

Quote:
Miss LG; these are very gentle, one for you and one for each of your kids, I think y'all can use them.
Thank you Skidoo...they are much appreciated. It's been a rough month...though I understand it's been much worse for L_W, and I pray for her (and you!!!) all the time. One day, it's got to get better...they say God only gives you what you can handle...I think he over-estimates me. I'm at my wits end. Worried about both kids, weak and hurting like crazy myself...and need a job so bad because I can't even buy things I need for the hemoraging. Another chance to cry it out...gonna go find a corner to sit in so the family doesn't see me.

Old 10-25-2011, 16:23   #8135
MrsKitty

Quote:
What ya hiding from?
Myself.
Old 10-25-2011, 20:55   #8136
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Myself. : embarassed:
No need to hide from yourself in here, the Hajjis arenít after you.

Quote:
I was in the ER the other day, they say I am hemoraging. I have been since the 5th, and I am very weak. Finally got a new doctor, insurance and a doctor's appointment for the 7th of November, until then, I deal with it. Ranger (the girl) still isn't walking, she has appointments on the 7th and 8th of November. Blaster (the boy) has an appointment on the 7th also to be tested to see if his issue is JRA or Lymes, or both, or neither. One way or another, we have got to get healthy so I can find a job and get out of debt...my insurance (automatically withdrawn) put my account in the negative and I need to find work to fix it before they come after me legally. I also want to have a job so when you come home the next time, I can take you out for lunch!
Quote:
Thank you Skidoo...they are much appreciated. It's been a rough month...though I understand it's been much worse for L_W, and I pray for her (and you!!!) all the time. One day, it's got to get better...they say God only gives you what you can handle...I think he over-estimates me. I'm at my wits end. Worried about both kids, weak and hurting like crazy myself...and need a job so bad because I can't even buy things I need for the hemoraging. Another chance to cry it out...gonna go find a corner to sit in so the family doesn't see me.
Wow, LG, Iím really praying things turn around for you. I hope the new docs there can do something for you and your kids. I was really hoping Ranger would be back on her feet by now, hopefully soon. I wish I could do something besides pray and be a friend, it seems so much has gone wrong for you lately. Skidoo has the right idea, hereís some for all of you.

And I can sure relate to the feeling that God overestimates us at times, heís damn sure overestimated me.

Quote:
Ummm, Sweetheart? Your P.M. box is full.: wavey:

Go with #5 and ditch the word filter. The sleep of the just tonight.: hugs:: hearts:: iloveyou:
PM box cleaned.

Word filter? Why would I need a swear word filter? I got a couple hours sleep tonight, wish I could get a couple more.

Quote:
I pick the odd numbers with top pick #5

Keep visualizing those dreams. Maybe they'll crack
I been working on the visualization, but no results for the past week or so. Seems me and the guy Dusty posted about have a few things in common where thatís concerned. I talked about it to my shrink and sheís not the least bit surprised. She said sheíll think itíll subside, but it might get even worse for a bit when I first get there. That wasnít what I wanted to hear.

I figured youíd have something to say about all of the first 4 answers, something about not taking that chanceÖ. So now itís OK to go on a convoy?
I can't help but notice the irony in your sig line now. It used to be that you folks would dogpile me to get me to do something I didn't want to do, now some of you are dogpiling me to get me to NOT do something you don't want me to do and I donít want to do either.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-26-2011, 14:49   #8137
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Wolfe, I don't know what anyone else is saying to you, but I know what I said..."that it might be healing for you to go back to Afghanistan." Honey, this decision is totally up to you. If you want to go and feel strongly about it, then you need to do what you want to do, but if in your heart you know that you don't want to go, then don't do it! We all love you and I bet there isn't a one of us who actually WANTS you to go, but we are trying to be supportive and let you make up your own mind.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 17:51   #8138
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Word filter? Why would I need a swear word filter? I got a couple hours sleep tonight, wish I could get a couple more.

Sweetheart, you have a unique command of the Queens english No ma'am, it is not okay for you to go on a convoy. The sleep of the just tonight and every night.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 10-26-2011 at 17:52..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:50   #8139
engineer151515

Thread bump

Last edited by engineer151515; 10-27-2011 at 16:16..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 16:14   #8140
BobInTX

Either she don't want to talk, or she's in-transit.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!