GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:41   #10126
BobInTX

I lost a good friend this week. He was showing off his new Mustang to me last week at church. It was a beast. Thursday afternoon he was going too fast on the highway they live on, lost control, and was killed instantly. My heart hurts. I know how you feel, LW.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 13:39   #10127
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
It's time for you to write your book.

Well, you've already started the outline. Right here.
Don't forget to add photographs.
The internet also presents the option of personal publishing.
Yep, LW's gonna meet Oprah one of these days.
Gonna be rich too, cause the book is going to be a best seller!

Bob my condolences on the loss of your friend.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 16:53   #10128
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I lost a good friend this week. He was showing off his new Mustang to me last week at church. It was a beast. Thursday afternoon he was going too fast on the highway they live on, lost control, and was killed instantly. My heart hurts. I know how you feel, LW.
So sorry about your friend Bob. I'm glad he did not suffer. I thought I might get killed on my bike some day but those days are gone. Makes me wonder. Hope you can find some peace with your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 17:00   #10129
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post

Bob my condolences on the loss of your friend.
Wait till you read the part in the book where she defends the people in a restaurant from a crazy person armed with only her trusty knife.

I kid Lone_Wolfe, at least I never said anything about a switchblade.
Quote:
Old 03-17-2013, 21:09   #10130
OldLincoln

Hello LW,

It's cool slipping to your last page when I drop in every month or so. It's like a rare visit to someone and see how their kids are grown. If I read you revery day I probably wouldn't notice, but this way I instantly recognize a feistyness I wasn't sure would make it. You have beat so much bad stuff and sound so much stronger. I hope it isn't an illusion and you can function almost normally now.

You're the best, kiddo, See ya in a while.
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 00:30   #10131
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
It's time for you to write your book.

Well, you've already started the outline. Right here.
Don't forget to add photographs.
The internet also presents the option of personal publishing.
Like I asked last time you mentioned this, why would I want to do that? Seriously?

It's hard enough to talk in here at time, what would I gain from rewriting the whole damn last 4+ years? I'm asking. And if I did, what would I do with it? It's not like a whole lot of people are going to read it. There's only a few that still come in here regularly. Bob, sawgrass, LG. Plus a few more like Magnus, CJstudent, MB-G26, Nevermore that come in semi-regularly. Skidoo is dead and Silent_Runner is dying.

Seriously, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I'm so sorry, Bob. If you have any consolation, he went quick and was having fun. I know it still hurts. May he RIP.

Quote:
I doubt they'd air any episode where I met Oprah. I just don't think she and I would get along so well.......

Of course I'd have to invite you along to witness things.... hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Wait till you read the part in the book where she defends the people in a restaurant from a crazy person armed with only her trusty knife.: whistling:

I kid Lone_Wolfe, at least I never said anything about a switchblade.: supergrin:
More like "She brandished a big, illegal knife, then ran like the coward she is out the back door".

Kinda hard to say I defended the folks in the restaurant when all I really did was scared the crap out of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
Hello LW,

It's cool slipping to your last page when I drop in every month or so. It's like a rare visit to someone and see how their kids are grown. If I read you revery day I probably wouldn't notice, but this way I instantly recognize a feistyness I wasn't sure would make it. You have beat so much bad stuff and sound so much stronger. I hope it isn't an illusion and you can function almost normally now.

You're the best, kiddo, See ya in a while.
Good to see your here, OldLincoln.

Feisty? Maybe a little. I really don't feel it, but others say that can see a little. Not like I was before, but I guess even a little is good. My function in day-to-day life isn't very good, but I get by. I'm still home on disability, which is all I can do right now. I'm really trying to build back a little strength that I lost during chemo and from my injury. That's hard to do, because I've been steadily losing upper body strength for over 4 years now. With the chest being so badly damaged, other muscles can't do much either. I'm still finding different ways to do things, taking lessons from the therapists I had in the sandbox. I've seen a couple shrinks and therapists from the VA, but they still won't assign one to see me regularly. Oh well, I'm still alive and kicking, this side of a tombstone.

Please don't be a stranger, my friend.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:15   #10132
engineer151515

Quote:
Like I asked last time you mentioned this, why would I want to do that? Seriously?

It's hard enough to talk in here at time, what would I gain from rewriting the whole damn last 4+ years? I'm asking. And if I did, what would I do with it? It's not like a whole lot of people are going to read it. There's only a few that still come in here regularly. Bob, sawgrass, LG. Plus a few more like Magnus, CJstudent, MB-G26, Nevermore that come in semi-regularly. Skidoo is dead and Silent_Runner is dying.

Seriously, why?

. . . . . .
My apologies, LW.
I always believed your life story has much to teach others about courage under adversity, honor, perseverance and love.
Forgive me. I shall not mention it again.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38   #10133
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Have large bore weapon and willing to sit on porch

Last edited by Dinky; 03-18-2013 at 08:13..
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08   #10134
sawgrass

Quote:
I always believed your life story has much to teach others about courage under adversity, honor, perseverance and love.
I'm in complete agreement with engineer. You have an incredible story that most people would benefit from.
Why do you think we've stuck with this thread? How many times has someone posted here about the strength they gain from you? How many people get shot in the chest with an AK47 and have an ill tempered medic perform the beginning of a miracle? How many people in the sand box have put two and two together and saved someone in W.Va.?

You're getting better and your story should be shared.
There are many many vets who will benefit and many many civilians too.

I just finished reading a book about female soldiers and it was very interesting. The ones who are still alive don't have your story.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15   #10135
cmb19

LW, I still come in here and read everything, I don't post because I don't usually have anything useful to say, but I still think of you and worry.

I know I'm not the only person that reads and runs.

Life ********** sucks. You have had the worst run of luck out of anyone I have ever known, online or off. I tell people about you and how awesome you are and how you can get through anything...no, it wasn't an easy task, but you still made it through and you will continue to get through anything else that is thrown at you. Your story is the kind of story people would like to read....I don't mean, go and write the whole thing out again, I understand why you won't, but I promise there's more of us that care than you realize.

Did I ever tell you about my distant cousin who was blown up in Iraq? She was laying in bed with her chest and stomach propped open for months because there was too much swelling to close her up. She was treated like a fricking queen when she got home. Now, everyone hates her because she lied and stole and used her injuries to get money and ruin the lives of other people. She is an awful, selfish person.

You aren't like that, you care only about other people. You aren't selfish enough. You are amazing.

I hate Oprah, but if you go on her show, I would totally watch. Maybe try Ellen Degeneras' show, she seems like she'd be more fun.
cmb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 18:15   #10136
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb19 View Post
LW, I still come in here and read everything, I don't post because I don't usually have anything useful to say, but I still think of you and worry.

Life ********** sucks. You have had the worst run of luck out of anyone I have ever known, online or off. I tell people about you and how awesome you are and how you can get through anything...no, it wasn't an easy task, but you still made it through and you will continue to get through anything else that is thrown at you. Your story is the kind of story people would like to read....I don't mean, go and write the whole thing out again, I understand why you won't, but I promise there's more of us that care than you realize.

Did I ever tell you about my distant cousin who was blown up in Iraq? She was laying in bed with her chest and stomach propped open for months because there was too much swelling to close her up. She was treated like a fricking queen when she got home. Now, everyone hates her because she lied and stole and used her injuries to get money and ruin the lives of other people. She is an awful, selfish person.

You aren't like that, you care only about other people. You aren't selfish enough. You are amazing.

I hate Oprah, but if you go on her show, I would totally watch. Maybe try Ellen Degeneras' show, she seems like she'd be more fun.
You would think someone would be humbled by that experience.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 18:37   #10137
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:

Very well put, and thank you for saying exactlywhat was thinking about myself - but didn't know how to say.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 20:13   #10138
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I know that you are really down and frustrated right now because of Silent_Runner.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 20:25   #10139
dango

WHY WRITE A BOOK..?
Because you have a top seller here..! Do not be-little yourself
nor what you have seen , done , and survived. It would be an inspiration to the norm that most people live life by. They have not a clue and are consumed by the little nothings that may come their way. "Woe" is me and is so prevalent in their lives !

Show them what the tough do when the going gets tough , a
paradigm , something , someone to look up to ! Give them purpose , give them strength..!

Show them that the difference is with-in us all , you and how someone experiencing the same fear , stands firmly while others run like scared children..! + you got all the emotion of the down to earth , real people , people..! Not the movie fantasy movie "RAMBO" type.! In the flesh , human being , a real person , with real feelings and not chiseled from KRYPTONITE..!

Why should you write a book ? Why should you not..?

Love and kisses , you big ole hunk of hero you..!

Last edited by dango; 03-18-2013 at 20:28..
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 20:41   #10140
dango

YO , Tom Cruse , Eat your heart out..!
I needs the help of , some trusty script writers:

1-TOUS..Where are for art thou..?
2-Dinky , always a go to guy in a pinch..!
3-Bullman , the blue flame thing , talkin about effects..?
4-Shooster of Cowboys , Authoritative in small munitions..!
5-Crafter of arts , sets and design..!
6-Ossi , we all gots to eat , finest of qua-sine..!
7-G33 , stunts and actioms..!
8-Blast , Punch lines..!
9-HerrGlock , Etiquette.......!
10-Chute the mall , Camera mastery....!
11-Jakebrake , Finances....! via "Producers".!
12-dne752 , Animation , CGI , That danged Cat , LOL..!
13Angryfist , anger-management , Play nice with others..!
14-This list goes on and on , The crew awaits your nod of approval..!
Jack Nicholson , Nick Noltey , Robin Williams , ETC..! EPIC..!
About that book...? we await..!

What about me..? Critique..! Who would a thunk..?

Last edited by dango; 03-18-2013 at 21:05..
Old 03-18-2013, 22:36   #10141
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Okie Memorial Area
Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 23:33   #10142
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Run lw - run!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Have large bore weapon and willing to sit on porch
The Dinkster wants to hang out in front of your house, NAKED !!!

I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 23:43   #10143
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
My apologies, LW.
Forgive me. I shall not mention it again.
No need to apologize, and nothing to forgive. I just wanted to know why you thought I should write a book. I still wonder, but won't press you.

Quote:
Have large bore weapon and willing to sit on porch : whistling:
You want to make sure I stay away, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I know that you are really down and frustrated right now because of Silent_Runner.
THAT's the understatement of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
: wow:

: whistling:

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-19-2013, 00:21   #10144
dango

Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth"...!

Williams: "Shaz-bot"...!

Noltey: "Grrrrrr..Ack..Pffft"...!

You can't ignore me , try as you will..!
A BOOK , YES A BOOK............!
Do what you do best , warrior......!
Old 03-19-2013, 00:26   #10145
dango

Tho the path you walk is broken and filled with rubble , you firmly , one foot in front of the other , follow the path with pride , and tenacity because you don't know how to fail..!

Your's most sincerely:

DANGO..........!
Give me a "M"..give me an "O" giv me a "V" giv me an "I" giv me a"E".
WHAT'S THAT SPELL , WHAT'S THAT SPELL , (MOVIE) , got to have the BOOK first though..!

Last edited by dango; 03-19-2013 at 00:29..
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23   #10146
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post

If I did that, I would not a large bore weapon

Last edited by Dinky; 03-21-2013 at 06:56..
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 22:39   #10147
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm in complete agreement with engineer. You have an incredible story that most people would benefit from.
Why do you think we've stuck with this thread? How many times has someone posted here about the strength they gain from you? How many people get shot in the chest with an AK47 and have an ill tempered medic perform the beginning of a miracle? How many people in the sand box have put two and two together and saved someone in W.Va.?

You're getting better and your story should be shared.
There are many many vets who will benefit and many many civilians too.

I just finished reading a book about female soldiers and it was very interesting. The ones who are still alive don't have your story.
You're right about that. Not very many people at all, luckily.

Guess I really don't see how what happened to me does a thing for anyone else. Especially since I'm not half as brave as some of you like to think I am.

Quote:

Not amazing, just average. But I've known several people like your cousin to some degree. I've run into some at the VA who think we owe them everything. They think I'm nuts when I say I just want decent medical care. That, and my disability check is all anyone owes me. Nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Woe" is me and is so prevalent in their lives !

...Love and kisses , you big ole hunk of hero you..! : wave
Trust me, I can get that way myself! I just try not to post when I'm feeling the worst. You folks really wouldn't want to read it them.

Love and kisses back.

Quote:
YO , Tom Cruse , Eat your heart out..!
I needs the help of , some trusty script writers:

1-TOUS..Where are for art thou..?
2-Dinky , always a go to guy in a pinch..!
3-Bullman , the blue flame thing , talkin about effects..?
4-Shooster of Cowboys , Authoritative in small munitions..!
5-Crafter of arts , sets and design..!
6-Ossi , we all gots to eat , finest of qua-sine..!
7-G33 , stunts and actioms..!
8-Blast , Punch lines..!
9-HerrGlock , Etiquette.......!
10-Chute the mall , Camera mastery....!
11-Jakebrake , Finances....! via "Producers".!
12-dne752 , Animation , CGI , That danged Cat , LOL..!
13Angryfist , anger-management , Play nice with others..!
14-This list goes on and on , The crew awaits your nod of approval..!
Jack Nicholson , Nick Noltey , Robin Williams , ETC..! EPIC..!
About that book...? we await..!

What about me..? Critique..! Who would a thunk..?
Hmmmmmmm, we might have a small problem. G33 is on hiatus, hopefully to return soon.

I'm on Chutethemall's ignore list. So he can't talk to me...

But wait! Who'd play me?

Quote:
.....you don't know how to fail............!
Of course I do, and I'm good at it!

Quote:
: faint:If I did that, I would not large bore weapon

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-20-2013, 23:22   #10148
Tow/Repo
CLM Number 225
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

atoy
Tow/Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 00:10   #10149
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
You're right about that. Not very many people at all, luckily.

Guess I really don't see how what happened to me does a thing for anyone else. Especially since I'm not half as brave as some of you like to think I am.

Not amazing, just average. But I've known several people like your cousin to some degree. I've run into some at the VA who think we owe them everything. They think I'm nuts when I say I just want decent medical care. That, and my disability check is all anyone owes me. Nothing else.

Trust me, I can get that way myself! I just try not to post when I'm feeling the worst. You folks really wouldn't want to read it them.

Love and kisses back.

Hmmmmmmm, we might have a small problem. G33 is on hiatus, hopefully to return soon.

I'm on Chutethemall's ignore list. So he can't talk to me...

But wait! Who'd play me?

Of course I do, and I'm good at it!

Can I just hang around eating the snacks and drinking the beer? It's really all I'm good at
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:35   #10150
sawgrass

Whoever plays you has to have attitude. Maybe Jodie Foster, she's about the right age too, plus she's smart. Sandra Bullock would be more fun to watch, but it has to be someone who comes across tough but is kind on the inside.

I'll be with NeverMore. We'll try and save you a beer. LOL

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!