Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2011, 20:03   #8061
Zonny

OK. Not sure what that is about or if I even want to know. Good to see you anyway
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 20:24   #8062
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Is ^^^ who I think it is?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 21:27   #8063
BobInTX

No, I don't need the Fentanyl. It doesn't hurt too bad but looks hideous.

I'll post pic Monday from my pc.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 19:58   #8064
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The interwebz is a funny place...

LW I can't imagine that Afghanistan is even an option...I am not beyond kickin' your behind...

At some point you have to decide that you are in charge of your life and begin to ask what you want out of what's left out of it....then act accordingly.

Tomorrow is hopeful at best.
Sometimes the best that you can do is enough.

I hope that truck was made here. I hike around the Ranger Ford plant now and then. LOCKS are so cool and Henry Ford rocks.
The truck will be built at the Twin Cities plant, just like my Mustang and my current Ranger. I hope the end of the Ranger's production doesn't hurt your area's economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Sawgrass!!! Where have you been? Good to see you posting again.
Good to see you around these parts, too!

Quote:
Hi Zonny...it's a story that I'm not even sure is long or not. I decided that I have too much invested and care about LW way too much to allow someone else to strip away.
It seems I don't know the half of what's happening/happened here, but I do know that I got an email from you with no warning that basically said you were done with being my friend, and wished me well.

I'm not going to lie about it, that hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
No, I don't need the Fentanyl. It doesn't hurt too bad but looks hideous.

I'll post pic Monday from my pc.
Glad it doesn't hurt at least. And don't worry about the way it looks, you're a beautiful person from the inside.

So far the upped dose of Fentanyl seems to be working good. We'll see how it does next time I have a flare-up.

My shrink kept after me today with all kinds of questions about how I'm dealing with guilt, fear, pain, nightmares and other effects from what happened. She says I'm joking around too much when I need to be serious lately. I guess she's right, I just don't think I can deal with that crap, plus the fear of what's happening now and in my future. She said we're going to have a long talk about that next.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-09-2011, 20:15   #8065
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
The truck will be built at the Twin Cities plant, just like my Mustang and my current Ranger. I hope the end of the Ranger's production doesn't hurt your area's economy.

Good to see you around these parts, too!

It seems I don't know the half of what's happening/happened here, but I do know that I got an email from you with no warning that basically said you were done with being my friend, and wished me well.

I'm not going to lie about it, that hurt.

Glad it doesn't hurt at least. And don't worry about the way it looks, you're a beautiful person from the inside.

So far the upped dose of Fentanyl seems to be working good. We'll see how it does next time I have a flare-up.

My shrink kept after me today with all kinds of questions about how I'm dealing with guilt, fear, pain, nightmares and other effects from what happened. She says I'm joking around too much when I need to be serious lately. I guess she's right, I just don't think I can deal with that crap, plus the fear of what's happening now and in my future. She said we're going to have a long talk about that next.
To clarify, I'm gonna post pic of the baby, not my hideous head.

You might as well talk about it. Shes your last chance over there. Joke with us, but be serious with her.

Good news on the Fentanyl. I'm sure you'll find out how it works out on the way home.
Old 10-09-2011, 22:26   #8066
sawgrass

LW I'm still not feeling too keen on the internet. I sent you an email this am.
It sure sucked knowing you were here on leave and not talking to you.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 00:49   #8067
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Okay, so I'm totally fargin confused, but in case I'm somewhere out there on the fringes of the confusions(s) :

LW Love you!
Sawgrass, Love you!
Zonny, Love you!!
SilentRunner, Love you!!
23Skidoo & Bob in Tx: Love you too!!

And that's all I have to say about that.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")

Last edited by MB-G26; 10-10-2011 at 00:57..
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:44   #8068
BobInTX

Okie Memorial Area

She's crawling and pulling up on things.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:16   #8069
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Hey, my shrink said that's a good sign, except that I do it when she says I need to get serious. BTW, I found out today that she's cool with you folks helping me too. I kind of expected she might not like it to well, she's kind of 'bu the book' in a lot of ways. Not that it matters, you folks have been around a lot longer than she has.
It's a good thing she approves of us as your previous shrinks have because she would not be able get rid of us. We have been around a lot longer then she has.

Quote:
You didn't happen to wish the shingles on me as payback for writing assignments, did you? Because, yeah, I've got them on my head.

Keep working hard. Keep visualizing dreams.
I promsed you that I did not wish that on you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
My back is worse than it was. I think when they stuck the needle in, they shifted the protrusion because now both legs hurt when I'm on them for very long. Still trying to get on medical here (in the new state), they sure like to take their time

I'm looking for work daily, except when the kid was in the hospital. Now, I've got to try to get her back on her feet...her legs still won't hold her, so she's in the chair...we've only got the chair for 1 week and then it's got to go back. Not sure what to do if she's not walking by then...I guess she'll be bedbound then until we get this worked out.

I'm sorry the terrorist was so hard on you...and I hope it gets easier as time goes by. I look forward to you being stateside, but I worry about you because I know the care isn't expected to be as good here as you get there. I'll be praying extra extra extra hard that someone takes a big interest in your case and keeps up with the level of care you've come accustomed to. You deserve the best, and if you get anything less than that, we may have to form a posse and pay them a visit! I've got a couple extra equalizers if anyone needs to borrow one...we have 2 little slugger bats and several other forms of defense/offense tools : whistling:
Prayers for you and your family will continue. I will be glad to join your posse if Wolfe does not ger decent care here. I can even supply more bats.

Quote:
I've been working on the visualization, I've even spiced it up a little at times. Of course the version I like best isn't GNG-safe. But what Greg does to that one Hajji with his own AK-47 is worth it. :l:

I think the dam is definitely starting to break though, and so does my shrink. I've had more variants on reality in my nightmares, although I still end up getting shot. Like I said before, I'm just getting shot in more creative ways. Unfortunately Greg does too a lot of times.

No word yet on my departure date, except that it's coming up fast. I'm getting a box of stuff that I want to send home packed and ready to go out in the next few days.
I look forward to hearing those spiced up versions in person. I will have to prepare my ears for the singe they are sure to get from you. That sounds like great news with your nightmares and the pain meds. We need 23skidoo to bring that dancing beagle back in here.

So are you all packed up and ready to come home? I look forward to having you back in your home at last.

Quote:
You might as well talk about it. Shes your last chance over there. Joke with us, but be serious with her.
Once again I agree with BobInTX about talking to her but I think you should do more than joke with us too. We also want to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Okay, so I'm totally fargin confused, but in case I'm somewhere out there on the fringes of the confusions(s) :

LW Love you!
Sawgrass, Love you!
Zonny, Love you!!
SilentRunner, Love you!!

Thank you MB-G26. I love you too.

Quote:
Okie Memorial Area

She is just darling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I知 mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53   #8070
BobInTX

^^^ She knows how to work GrandDad too.

The shingles are crusting over, so I won't be contagious this weekend when I seen the grandkids.
Old 10-10-2011, 14:08   #8071
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! Are you back on the 100 mg/hour fentanyl? You're doin' great!

Last edited by 23skidoo; 10-10-2011 at 14:09..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 19:38   #8072
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Good news on the Fentanyl. I'm sure you'll find out how it works out on the way home.
Yeah, that's true. She even wants me to stop joking on here and really talk more. I told her you guys have heard it all and are probably sick of hearing the crap. You guys hear enough about my damn chest hurting. Speaking of that, I spoke a little too soon about the Fentanyl working good. About 15 minutes after I posted last night I started getting nasty bolts of pain coming from the left side to the center of my chest. They got steadily worse until I had to give in and take some Dilaudid, and I still ended up having the worst breathing attack I've had in a while. My doc wasn't real happy to hear about that.

Quote:
LW I'm still not feeling too keen on the internet. I sent you an email this am.It sure sucked knowing you were here on leave and not talking to you.
That was a choice you made.

Quote:

LW Love you!
Sawgrass, Love you!
Zonny, Love you!!
SilentRunner, Love you!!

And you know I love you too, my friend.

Quote:
Okie Memorial Area

I LOVE that pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
It's a good thing she approves of us as your previous shrinks have because she would not be able get rid of us. We have been around a lot longer then she has.
I told her that, she just chuckled and said she figured as much.

I look forward to hearing those spiced up versions in person. I will have to prepare my ears for the singe they are sure to get from you. That sounds like great news with your nightmares and the pain meds. We need 23skidoo to bring that dancing beagle back in here.

So are you all packed up and ready to come home? I look forward to having you back in your home at last.
Better have a few beers in you too, because you're going to get an earful if you get me started talking about this stuff. Better have something with alcohol in it for me, too.

I didn't get anything more done today. The pain flare-up and breathing attack messed up my day pretty bad. I was just able to get my required stuff done, that was all.

Quote:
^^^ She knows how to work GrandDad too.

The shingles are crusting over, so I won't be contagious this weekend when I seen the grandkids. : supergrin:
I'll bet she can do a number on her Grandma too. And I'm glad you'll be able to go see her. Give her a kiss for me, wouldya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
: snoopy: Hi Sweetheart!: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou: Are you back on the 100 mg/hour fentanyl? You're doin' great!
Not 100 mgh, but right now I wish to hell I was.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-10-2011, 20:12   #8073
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! Would you like me to P.M. you two 50 mg/hour patches? It's now 6 A.M. there. I hope your Tuesday goes much better than your Monday. You know these are oh so gentle.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:54   #8074
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful if Fentanyl actually works for you?! I don't want to cast an ill cloud over the hope and possibility that it will - but it didn't do squat for my father. However, he DID have a whole host of medical problems that resulted in the extreme and continual pain which had nothing to do with being SHOT! So, it's unfair and premature to even compare the two situations and respective Fentanyl efficacy.

So, I'm gathering you are USA bound again soon? Longer stay this time, or permanently? (I'm not caught up your thread(s) .

Hey, at least no more Hajji phone and Hajji Net!!
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 14:23   #8075
BobInTX

^^^ Permanently
Old 10-12-2011, 19:21   #8076
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! Would you like me to P.M. you two 50 mg/hour patches? It's now 6 A.M. there. I hope your Tuesday goes much better than your Monday. You know these are oh so gentle.: iloveyou:
Those patches you sent last time didn't work worth a damn, no matter how many of them I put on.

Did you get some better ones?

Quote:
Wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful if Fentanyl actually works for you?! I don't want to cast an ill cloud over the hope and possibility that it will - but it didn't do squat for my father. However, he DID have a whole host of medical problems that resulted in the extreme and continual pain which had nothing to do with being SHOT! So, it's unfair and premature to even compare the two situations and respective Fentanyl efficacy.

So, I'm gathering you are USA bound again soon? Longer stay this time, or permanently? (I'm not caught up your thread(s) .

Hey, at least no more Hajji phone and Hajji Net!!
Actually Fentanyl works quite a bit for me, better than anything else I've had. I'd be flat on my back and crying without it. Trouble is, even the max dose can't take all the pain away. Most of the time it takes it down to where I can feel it, but function. During flare-ups there just isn't anything strong enough to make it stop hurting. Just too much damage still healing, and some that'll never heal.

I'm really sorry to hear that your father went through all that, I hope they found something that worked for him.

Quote:
^^^ Permanently
Not so fast. I知 so pissed at myself right now. And a lot scared too. My employer sent me a message yesterday asking me to call the home office. I waited until they were open and did just that. They might as well have hit me with a 2x4. Not only did they want me to stay one the contract and transfer to Afghanistan, but they had gotten all the needed waivers and the military has agreed to continue my treatment over there. And my doc and shrink signed off! I asked how they managed all that and they said it was one of my military customers that recommended I be kept over here in the first place.

I argued with them, I told them 的知 hurt, I知 tired and I want to go home. Haven稚 I done enough for king and country yet? (Yes, I got that from a Star Trek movie) The bastard manager of the entire contract was in on the conference call and he came back with 展hat you do has saved lives, you致e saved lives. You can continue to save lives if you go. ****. Damn. I couldn稚 say no, I guess they knew that. I知 scared as hell, and a bit relieved at the same time. Weird, I know, but I was really worried about coming home before I was ready, because I got a good doc here. I only hope I get a good one there. I talked to my doc today, and he痴 going to make sure I can put my new doc in contact with him. Say a prayer that I did the right thing, I just don稚 know.

And please don稚 lynch me for this.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-12-2011, 20:03   #8077
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, if you're happy, I hesitate to speak for all of us so I'll only speak for myself. I'm happy.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 10-13-2011 at 04:52..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 23:08   #8078
BobInTX

Quote:
Those patches you sent last time didn't work worth a damn, no matter how many of them I put on.

Did you get some better ones?

Actually Fentanyl works quite a bit for me, better than anything else I've had. I'd be flat on my back and crying without it. Trouble is, even the max dose can't take all the pain away. Most of the time it takes it down to where I can feel it, but function. During flare-ups there just isn't anything strong enough to make it stop hurting. Just too much damage still healing, and some that'll never heal.

I'm really sorry to hear that your father went through all that, I hope they found something that worked for him.

Not so fast. I’m so pissed at myself right now. And a lot scared too. My employer sent me a message yesterday asking me to call the home office. I waited until they were open and did just that. They might as well have hit me with a 2x4. Not only did they want me to stay one the contract and transfer to Afghanistan, but they had gotten all the needed waivers and the military has agreed to continue my treatment over there. And my doc and shrink signed off! I asked how they managed all that and they said it was one of my military customers that recommended I be kept over here in the first place.

I argued with them, I told them “I’m hurt, I’m tired and I want to go home. Haven’t I done enough for king and country yet?” (Yes, I got that from a Star Trek movie) The bastard manager of the entire contract was in on the conference call and he came back with “What you do has saved lives, you’ve saved lives. You can continue to save lives if you go”. ****. Damn. I couldn’t say no, I guess they knew that. I’m scared as hell, and a bit relieved at the same time. Weird, I know, but I was really worried about coming home before I was ready, because I got a good doc here. I only hope I get a good one there. I talked to my doc today, and he’s going to make sure I can put my new doc in contact with him. Say a prayer that I did the right thing, I just don’t know.

And please don’t lynch me for this.
Hmmmm...

You save lives? Where have I heard this before?

I know this isn't what any of us wanted to hear, but maybe this is another thing for which God spared you.

Whatever he has in mind, I pray for his protection over you, and miraculous healing.

And please don't take any convoys.

ETA: OK. If you do this you tell them when you go home you want a full medical evaluation at Walter Reed. You've gone above and beyond and if they can pull all those strings with military they can sure as heck pull that one. You should have gone there in the first place.

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-12-2011 at 23:14..
Old 10-13-2011, 11:24   #8079
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Not so fast. I知 so pissed at myself right now. And a lot scared too. My employer sent me a message yesterday asking me to call the home office. I waited until they were open and did just that. They might as well have hit me with a 2x4. Not only did they want me to stay one the contract and transfer to Afghanistan, but they had gotten all the needed waivers and the military has agreed to continue my treatment over there. And my doc and shrink signed off! I asked how they managed all that and they said it was one of my military customers that recommended I be kept over here in the first place.

I argued with them, I told them 的知 hurt, I知 tired and I want to go home. Haven稚 I done enough for king and country yet? (Yes, I got that from a Star Trek movie) The bastard manager of the entire contract was in on the conference call and he came back with 展hat you do has saved lives, you致e saved lives. You can continue to save lives if you go. ****. Damn. I couldn稚 say no, I guess they knew that. I知 scared as hell, and a bit relieved at the same time. Weird, I know, but I was really worried about coming home before I was ready, because I got a good doc here. I only hope I get a good one there. I talked to my doc today, and he痴 going to make sure I can put my new doc in contact with him. Say a prayer that I did the right thing, I just don稚 know.

And please don稚 lynch me for this.
Wolfe you have done your part for your country and a whole lot more. My first thought when I opened your email was to fly over there and kick your backside back to the US myself. It seems your manager back here knew just what to say to you. I knew you would not be able to resist if you were told something like that. I wish you would reconsider but I understand that you could not say no. Please stay safe and alert over there. I will pray hard for you that you are really able to handle this physically and mentally. I will be worried until you come home for good. Do you think the care you get in Afghanistan will be comparable to what you have received in Iraq?

Quote:
Sweetheart, if you're happy, I hesitate to speak for all of us so I'll only speak for myself. I'm happy.::
23skidoo you definitely are not speaking for me at all. I would not have expected you to be happy about this either.

Quote:
Hmmmm...

You save lives? Where have I heard this before?

I know this isn't what any of us wanted to hear, but maybe this is another thing for which God spared you.

Whatever he has in mind, I pray for his protection over you, and miraculous healing.

And please don't take any convoys.

ETA: OK. If you do this you tell them when you go home you want a full medical evaluation at Walter Reed. You've gone above and beyond and if they can pull all those strings with military they can sure as heck pull that one. You should have gone there in the first place.
I seem to have heard something about her saving a life before too.

Please keep up those prayers until she comes home safely. This is insane that they would take the risk involved with sending her back there but you are right that they owe her at least a full evaluation when she does come home. They owe her more than that.

BobInTX is right about staying off convoys. Getting shot again is not an option!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I知 mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:58   #8080
BobInTX

She ain't happy, she's scared to death.

I'm asking God to send a guy like this with you:

Okie Memorial Area

Let me know if you see him. I've no doubt he was with you the last time.

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-13-2011 at 12:07.. Reason: pic

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!