SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2013, 20:10   #10026
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
I don't know where you are psychologically, LW, but if you feel comfortable enough with the 686, get it back and carry the damn thing! Nothin' wrong with a wheel gun, and that one can sure pack a wallup!

I'm toying with the idea of picking up at 325 Nightguard I saw at the LGS the other day myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.

Last edited by CJStudent; 01-25-2013 at 20:11..
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:59   #10027
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb19 View Post

I have anger issues, I'll admit it.

'No worries! You're in GOOD company around here...'

ArtCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 00:08   #10028
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19_AJ View Post
J Frame LW, get one!!!!!
But I don't want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Don't you know we are not suppose to defend ourselves? Just call the police.. Some people.: whistling:
Yep, and when seconds count, they're just minutes away.

Not a slam against cops, BTW, just that they can't be everywhere at once. In fact, in my gun carrying days, the reason I gave if asked was "Because I can't carry a cop!"

Quote:
Oh and I'm proud of you.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCrafter View Post
I hear that.

Problem is, I don't think any of LW's knives came with speed-dial.

: supergrin:
Nope. They don't even come with speed-open, contrary to some people's belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Damn LW. You sure have had **** run of luck!
If you're referring to getting shot, then cancer, yeah. Guess you're right there. This wasn't real bad because it ended fine. OK, scared the crap out of me, but that's better than what could have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb19 View Post
Oh and I have completed exactly one knitted washcloth and a couple, small quilted things. Why? Because something gets screwed up, I start swearing and breaking things. But at least I'm not thinking about what's bother me. : supergrin:
Like I need anymore incentive to swear and break things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Barrel length? Are you willing to ship to an FFL who accepts from a non FFL? But of course I think you should keep it for when you're in a different place. LW you used to love your wheel guns and you had some beauties!
Here's the offending gun.

Okie Memorial Area

If I have to take it back I guess that's an option. On the subject of my old gun collection in general, I'm going to have to make some decisions about them soon, too. Silent_Runner took them 4 years ago, but her health problems are getting worse to the point she moved to Illinois last year to live with her daughter. She left the guns in storage here, which means someone here has to dispose of them. That someone is going to have to be me. I'm taking over paying for their storage, and I thought about just not paying it and loosing them. But another part of me can't make myself loose the value of 100+ guns for the cost of a few months air-conditioned storage. For now I'll just leave them there and pay the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
WOW!
Crappy situation.
Brandishing a switch blade,REALLY: dunno:: faint:
Glad it worked out in the end.

By the way,,,,,,,:wavey :
Hiya back! Yeah, BRANDISHING a SWITCHBLADE!

BTW, here's a 'switchblade' identical to the one I 'brandished' that night. As you can see, it's a MANUAL opening knife.

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
You were acting to defend yourself and the old guy yells to warn the psycho??
WTH??
I really hate people, sometimes.
I'm glad you're ok!
Yep, go figure! I mean, if I wanted to do anything besides defend myself and escape, wouldn't I have cut the nutcase when he got distracted by the ambulance instead or running away with a knife in one hand and a purse in the other?

I'm just glad the cops were so cool about it, in spite of having people trying to get them to arrest me. And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
I don't know where you are psychologically, LW, but if you feel comfortable enough with the 686, get it back and carry the damn thing! Nothin' wrong with a wheel gun, and that one can sure pack a wallup!

I'm toying with the idea of picking up at 325 Nightguard I saw at the LGS the other day myself.
No, I'm not in a good enough place to want a gun around me. I damn sure wouldn't want it ON me. (except maybe when another psycho comes after me) But if I was going to carry one, that'd be my choice.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 00:20   #10029
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

If I didn't have a Hinderer, Seb, and this semester's tuition and books to pay off right now, I'd take that 686 off your hands in a heartbeat.

If you still have it in a few months...
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:45   #10030
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Reason: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Last edited by ArtCrafter; 01-26-2013 at 11:47.. Reason: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35   #10031
sawgrass

Lone_Wolfe don't do anything foolish. Pay the bill like you are doing. If you can wait until Summer maybe we can help you get them on GB, get them consigned or something.

I am so sorry to here of SR's troubles. I didn't have any idea that she is that ill.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41   #10032
Zonny

Now would be a great time to consign. They'd be gone before you know it and any shop would be glad to have them since their shelves are probably bare.
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48   #10033
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Now would be a great time to consign. They'd be gone before you know it and any shop would be glad to have them since their shelves are probably bare.
Zonny is absolutely right. The dealers are hurting for inventory. I sent you an email.

Now I hate that we took our pics down in that old thread.
I would like to look at them.

Zonny, I really like my shotgun. Thanks again for the heads up. I found a Belgiun A5 last week in 20 ga that I bought. I won't shoot it until we at least get back into double digits. It's pretty too in a different way from the Beretta.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58   #10034
Zonny

Sissy 20ga. Lol.

Glad you like it. Rainy day today or I'd be at the Sporting Clay range. I just bought a gun cart and I'm dying to use it.

Last edited by Zonny; 01-26-2013 at 08:58..
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11   #10035
sawgrass

Quote:
Sissy 20ga. Lol.

Glad you like it. Rainy day today or I'd be at the Sporting Clay range. I just bought a gun cart and I'm dying to use it.
OK smarty, I have two Belgiuns in 12 as well, one is a superposed. They aren't as comfortable to shoot as the Beretta. The 20's have all been out of my price range until this one. Nice old guns are popping up. Maybe people are trading for AR's, magazines and ammo...IDK.

I hope your cart works well for you. I was watching a Skeet show the other day on TV and they all had carts.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29   #10036
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Comraden!

~~~> My Own Prison – Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown <~~~

Okie Memorial Area

(Click above to play!)

Last edited by ArtCrafter; 01-26-2013 at 11:37.. Reason: SOP :
Old 01-26-2013, 11:56   #10037
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Old 01-26-2013, 13:34   #10038
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Wish you did not have to get rid of your guns but I understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:41   #10039
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
If I didn't have a Hinderer, Seb, and this semester's tuition and books to pay off right now, I'd take that 686 off your hands in a heartbeat.

If you still have it in a few months...
Thanks. Seems I could sell that one a few times over, from the messages I've gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCrafter View Post
Reason: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
I saw your comment befoore you edited, and I'm not sure I understand. Why wouldn't I have a vote? It's my choice, isn't it? If I can't handle being around guns, that's me. And I was in counseling the whole time I was overseas.

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe don't do anything foolish. Pay the bill like you are doing. If you can wait until Summer maybe we can help you get them on GB, get them consigned or something.

I am so sorry to here of SR's troubles. I didn't have any idea that she is that ill.
She's asked me not to tell even that much on here, as this isn't her 'home' forum. Out of respect for her, I haven't. I'm just going to say that she's sick, she's not going to get better, and she needs prayers. She still comes here sometimes, but spends most of her online time with the friends she made elsewhere. I'm planning a trip to see her again as soon as I can.

Quote:
You have a point there, if what I keep reading is true. I haven't been in a gun store to check, but I'd imagine this area is affected by the craziness, too.

Quote:
Zonny is absolutely right. The dealers are hurting for inventory. I sent you an email.

Now I hate that we took our pics down in that old thread.
I would like to look at them.
Does your friend have an email address? I'd rather that, than try to deal over the phone. I have an old spreadsheet with some info I could show him to get what he'd pay for each gun.

Quote:
Wish you did not have to get rid of your guns but I understand.
Thanks, I'm glad you do.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08   #10040
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Sweetie,........I still have dibs on that one "golden bb"

faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49   #10041
sawgrass

LW I'll ask him Monday am and let you know.
Old 01-27-2013, 13:56   #10042
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I saw your comment befoore you edited, and I'm not sure I understand...
Generally speaking, when people remove their own comments before they're answered, it is to retract them.

I took it down because, upon further reflection, I decided I probably can't help you with the 'gun issue'.

ETA: The songs are just too damn good, so they stay...

Last edited by ArtCrafter; 01-27-2013 at 14:06.. Reason: ETA
Old 01-27-2013, 17:30   #10043
Point Blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
I don't know where you are psychologically, LW, but ......

Uh.......i better keep my comments to myself.I will advise LW to use extreme caution mixing perscription narcotics and booze.

I cannot believe this thread is still active,it should be moved to a private sub-forum.Way too much personal data being slung around,some of it related to the 1st paragraph i made.

God bless you LW.
Point Blanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 19:37   #10044
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

OmG, how 'BiGoTeD' is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blanks View Post

...this thread...should be moved to a private sub-forum. Way too much personal data being slung around...

That's like saying The Jerry Springer Show should only be shown on cable or something.

What would The [Poor] Masses* do then?

* a.k.a., US, as in 'All your...belong to...'

Old 01-27-2013, 20:11   #10045
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:

Uh.......i better keep my comments to myself.I will advise LW to use extreme caution mixing perscription narcotics and booze.

I cannot believe this thread is still active,it should be moved to a private sub-forum.Way too much personal data being slung around,some of it related to the 1st paragraph i made.

God bless you LW.
Glad you're here to tell us these things.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08   #10046
sawgrass

LW there was a time that you didn't even want firearms mentioned in this thread.
Now you are able to talk about them and post a picture. Do you think that you are healing emotionally at least to some degree? I guess I've wondered for a long time if things like that would get better when you got out of the sand box.

Please give my best to SR. She is in my prayers.
Old 01-29-2013, 00:27   #10047
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Sweetie,........I still have dibs on that one "golden bb"

The original isn't here, but I can offer you a choice of replacements.

Quote:
LW I'll ask him Monday am and let you know.
Cool, thanks.

Quote:
: uglylol:

God bless you LW.
I'm glad you did keep it to yourself, and I'm always careful.

As for moving this thread, well, you've never liked me or this thread. I'll repeat my previous suggestion to you, put me on your ignore list. This is the only GNG thread you post in anyway.

I do appreciate any sincere blessing, and hope God blesses you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Glad you're here to tell us these things.

Quote:
LW there was a time that you didn't even want firearms mentioned in this thread.
Now you are able to talk about them and post a picture. Do you think that you are healing emotionally at least to some degree? I guess I've wondered for a long time if things like that would get better when you got out of the sand box.

Please give my best to SR. She is in my prayers.
Don't get me wrong, I still don't like it at all. I wouldn't be if I hadn't found one in my safe, and didn't have to decide what to do with the others. As for posting that pic, it was just easier than trying to describe it. A pic is worth a thousand words......

About the other pics you referred to, I still have some on my computer. I could show them to you, but I won't post them here.

Healing emotionally, I'm not sure. I think so, at the same snail's pace I have been for 4 years. Way too slow.

Thanks for the prayers, I'll be sure to let her know.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-29-2013, 00:32   #10048
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Luff ya!

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38   #10049
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Wolfe, life is not boring around you, for certain.
I am glad things worked out, in your encounter.

You deserve a boring year where nothing goes wrong. Not sure how to arrange that.

That is a beautiful 686. If you decide to let it go, and anything else, it will go fast. Around here, the shelves are empty. I don't even know why they stay open, rather than go on vacation. I have been converting from autos to revolvers for a year, and even those are gone now. It seems some people want "ban proof" guns.

If you don't want them around, and feel uneasy with them around, do what you need to do. You know yourself best.

I would like to offer you words of wisdom, but I have none. Just keep hanging in there...... We are all hoping for you.
Old 01-30-2013, 15:46   #10050
BobInTX

How they hangin?

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!