GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:50   #8021
BobInTX

Nah, I was just joking. She needs to come home.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 16:37   #8022
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I think, if I might be so bold to say, that a little bit of the right kind of "trouble" can go a long way with LW.

Are you saying I'm trouble? Or that I like trouble?

I am still the guardian of your webpages and I am never far away.

Hmmmmmm, wish I'd seen your post before you edited, bet it was innnnnteresting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
That sounds like quite a compliment. Maybe you should ask for a raise.

I'm glad your shrink is trying to look out for you.
It's be a moot point to ask for a raise, since pay rates for these jobs are fixed, but nice thought. This job pays pretty darn good anyway, I'm not complaining one bit about that. That was a pertty good compliment though, and they even sounded sincere. I think they really just don't want to train someone else, but I can't believe they want to keep a liability like me over here. Or over there, I should say.

I'm glad he is too, but I think he enjoyed it a little too much today. Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I'm with Bob, I'm glad your psychiatrist is looking out for you too. No ma'am, that mean cat did not get my tongue, he did, however, get my wrist.: tongueout:: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie : iloveyou:
So what did you do to get Mitch to bite you?

Afghanistan?: scared: A mere no, thank you doesn't suffice; Hell no!: psycho:
OK, so I take it your vote is not to go there? Or are you saying YOU aren't going there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe that is good news to know you will have someone there for you even if we would like your current shrink to stay on. I hope he works you hard as long as he possible can..
Don't worry, he will. He already said he would. My physical terrorist said the same thing, and proved it again today. Owwwww!!!

I hope you are not seriously considering going back over there! You need to come home and rest. You have a long way to go in your recovery and I think you would do much better if you could stop working and relax. Stop worrying about being a burden on us taxpayers. We can never give you back what you have sacrificed for us.
They're not going to be able to get all the pieces in place to get me there in the time they have. It took longer than that to get me cleared to come back here, and I'd already been here on active duty. Besides, I've had enough. I'm just ready to stop hurting, although I'm still worried about getting good care Stateside. That's the one thing that even made me think about it.

BobInTX do you actually think she should go back there? Do you remember what happened to her last time?
I think Bob knows what happened to me over there, or at least I hope he does by now.....

I totally agree with you. She needs to tell her them that they are barking up the wrong tree this time.
That's a tactful way to put it. More tactful than the things that I thought of to say, but didn't. My shrink got wind of it and said we're going to talk aboit it, possibly tomorrow. I have the feeling I'm going to be calling him a bastard yet again.....

Quote:
Nah, I was just joking. She needs to come home.
I kind of figured you folks might dogpile me again. Think if I went there I'd have to stay over there permanently to keep you from hunting me down and shooting me again.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-23-2011 at 23:54..
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 17:07   #8023
BobInTX

"I think Bob knows what happened to me over there, or at least I hope he does by now....."

I think I can tell your story in my sleep from memory.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:43   #8024
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Are you saying I'm trouble? Or that I like trouble?

I'll let you "call the ball" on that one. (Navy reference)

Quote:

Hmmmmmm, wish I'd seen your post before you edited, bet it was innnnnteresting.....
I have a feeling your cohorts might have clued you in.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:51   #8025
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Nope, not a word.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-24-2011, 10:22   #8026
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! My vote is that you decline your employers offer to return to Afghanistan; I don't want to imagine what returning to that place might do to your nightmares or your treament.
Old 09-25-2011, 16:20   #8027
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Nope, no, not a chance in hell...do any of us want you to go to Afghanistan. Do not let them guilt or flatter you into doing it, either. You are super talented at what you do, but it is time for you to strop carrying your bags in airports, over-doing it, etc. Please just come home and keep getting better.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 13:08   #8028
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Now I wish I had seen your post also.

Quote:
Nope, not a word.
I noticed we have not heard a word from you since then either. Are you doing OK over there? You know w worry about you when you are too quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Nope, no, not a chance in hell...do any of us want you to go to Afghanistan. Do not let them guilt or flatter you into doing it, either. You are super talented at what you do, but it is time for you to strop carrying your bags in airports, over-doing it, etc. Please just come home and keep getting better.
You said it very well. Thank you.

Wolfe the Glocktalk jury has rendered a verdict and you are to come home and heal. You need to tell your employer that you will not go back over there and that is your final answer. If they refuse to accept your answer we will form a posse to go to their US office and explain a few things to them. We have bats and guns. I wonder if I could get any volunteers to join up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 17:13   #8029
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
"I think Bob knows what happened to me over there, or at least I hope he does by now....."

I think I can tell your story in my sleep from memory.
I thought I was the only one who had nightmares and relived it all the time.

Quote:

I have no idea how to apply that reference in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! My vote is that you decline your employers offer to return to Afghanistan; I don't want to imagine what returning to that place might do to your nightmares or your treament.
I don't have to imagine the nightmares, I already have them. I doubt they could get much worse.

Quote:
I'm sure it's a moot point anyway. My employer may want me to go, but the military isn't going to want the liability of having me over there. They'd still have to keep me near a doc, shrink, and physical terrorist, plus I'd be re-injured way too easily for them to want to have to deal with me. So they can wish, but I'm not worried about it.

Quote:
I noticed we have not heard a word from you since then either. Are you doing OK over there? You know we worry about you when you are too quiet.
I'm OK. Just had my damn chest flared up over the weekend and didn't feel much like talking. Still hanging in, though, just eating too many pain meds.

You said it very well. Thank you.

Wolfe the Glocktalk jury has rendered a verdict and you are to come home and heal. You need to tell your employer that you will not go back over there and that is your final answer. If they refuse to accept your answer we will form a posse to go to their US office and explain a few things to them. We have bats and guns. I wonder if I could get any volunteers to join up.
I don't know which scares me more, the idea of going back over there or going home right now. I've been trying to get myself to look forward to getting home, but just can't. It's scarier than I like to admit.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-26-2011, 18:21   #8030
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Of course, none of us really understand the fear you have of coming home. But, I just think it is another difficult thing you have to face (you have faced over two years worth already). You are one of the strongest people I have ever read about, except those characters in books who can get shot multiple times, patch themselves up and keep running. In reality, though, you have achieved so much and I think your personality and attitude has helped people to care about you and go the extra mile for you. I totally believe that you will find a higher level of care in the US than you are expecting, if for no other reason but that you bring the best and most concerned part out in Doctors and care providers. They will read your file and see how hard you have worked to come back and they will work harder to help you. I really totally believe this. Please put this all in God's hands. He has brought you this far and I know He will not let you down now. I love you, friend. There will always be many of us who will be here for you, too,
(online and in person).

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 18:57   #8031
engineer151515

Quote:

I have no idea how to apply that reference in this case.

It's not important.

It's more important that you heal.
Old 09-26-2011, 22:11   #8032
BobInTX

Quote:
Of course, none of us really understand the fear you have of coming home. But, I just think it is another difficult thing you have to face (you have faced over two years worth already). You are one of the strongest people I have ever read about, except those characters in books who can get shot multiple times, patch themselves up and keep running. In reality, though, you have achieved so much and I think your personality and attitude has helped people to care about you and go the extra mile for you. I totally believe that you will find a higher level of care in the US than you are expecting, if for no other reason but that you bring the best and most concerned part out in Doctors and care providers. They will read your file and see how hard you have worked to come back and they will work harder to help you. I really totally believe this. Please put this all in God's hands. He has brought you this far and I know He will not let you down now. I love you, friend. There will always be many of us who will be here for you, too,
(online and in person).
What she said.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:54   #8033
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I thought I was the only one who had nightmares and relived it all the time.

I'm sure it's a moot point anyway. My employer may want me to go, but the military isn't going to want the liability of having me over there. They'd still have to keep me near a doc, shrink, and physical terrorist, plus I'd be re-injured way too easily for them to want to have to deal with me. So they can wish, but I'm not worried about it.

I don't know which scares me more, the idea of going back over there or going home right now. I've been trying to get myself to look forward to getting home, but just can't. It's scarier than I like to admit.
This might surprise you but I have had a few bad dreams about what happened to you. I doubt they compare to your nightmares but what happened to you does cause others who care about you pain also.

I would not underestimate what your employer might do to get you over there. They should have never taken you back to Iraq but they did. I just hope you are more afraid of going to Afghanistan than you are of coming home. I know both choices frighten you but you need to come home and heal. Let someone else save the world.

Quote:
(online and in person).
Glock26girl I think you are right about Wolfe inspiring people to help her at the VA as they have done on here. I do hope they have the resources to do what they would want and need to for her.

I hope you are not suggesting Wolfe get shot multiple times!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 18:39   #8034
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
(online and in person).
I get what you're saying about the docs and others at the VA. There are some who care, I'm quite sure, but they really don't have the time or the resources. There's only so much they can do, in spite of what they wish they could.

I'm a little scared to put this all in God's hands, what if he wants me to go back to that place?

Quote:
It's not important.

It's more important that you heal.
Arrrrgh!

Quote:
What she said.
Why do you say? And are you going to share those Emily pics with everyone?

Quote:
This might surprise you but I have had a few bad dreams about what happened to you. I doubt they compare to your nightmares but what happened to you does cause others who care about you pain also.
I didn't know that. Sorry you had them, hope thery weren't that bad.

I would not underestimate what your employer might do to get you over there. They should have never taken you back to Iraq but they did. I just hope you are more afraid of going to Afghanistan than you are of coming home. I know both choices frighten you but you need to come home and heal. Let someone else save the world.

I hope you are not suggesting Wolfe get shot multiple times!: rofl:
Up until today I figured my employer won't try overly hard to flatter or guilt me into staying in the sandbox, but this afternoon I discovered how to fix something that's been annoying us for quite a while. Nothing mission stopping, but a PITA and time consuming to fix. I stumbled on the fix when I remoted into another base's server, with that site's tech's permission of course. He reported the fix and told our lead that I was the one who came up with it, so they're saying nice things to me. I told them I still can't go back to that place. I doubt they'll really make anything of it, because the lead that it was reported to has never wanted me over here. He keeps saying I shouldn't be here in my condition, etc, but he's not the one who decided that.

I sure hope she's not suggesting that, too! Once was plenty!

BTW, I do have a new shrink now. I actually met 2 different ones, but the one said she'd work with me as much as possible and help as much as she could. The other one just asked why in the hell I'm here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-28-2011, 18:49   #8035
engineer151515

Quote:

Arrrrgh!

Looks like I made the "men are rotten" club again.

When do we get to the making up part?

Last edited by engineer151515; 09-29-2011 at 04:51..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:38   #8036
engineer151515

Looking for LW....
Old 09-30-2011, 07:49   #8037
BobInTX

Remember, she said there might be days when she couldn't come in due to wrapping things up.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54   #8038
BobInTX

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11 NIV

I pray that whatever plans God has in store for you, that he gives you strength, hope, and a new purpose. I know he loves you and I know that you love him. Devote yourself to prayer about this. Sometimes part of prayer is just listening.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:01   #8039
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
Just checking in. I hope all is well.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:38   #8040
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
: rofl:

Looks like I made the "men are rotten" club again.

: supergrin:

So did you do it intentionally, just so you'd have to make up with me?

When do we get to the making up part?
Anytime you're ready.

Or do we wait for me to get back there......

Quote:
Looking for LW....
I'm still here, did you miss me?

Oh wait, you weren't aiming at me, were you?

Quote:
Remember, she said there might be days when she couldn't come in due to wrapping things up.
I actually wasn't that busy the last couple of days, I just really didn't feel like talking. Yeah, I know what some of you say about talking anyway, but I did talk to someone from here a little bit privately 2 nights ago. The weather is starting to change and my chest has been making sure I was aware of that, and in detail. Combine that with my terrorist trying to get every bit of torture in that he could.

He's been having me do a lot of things like driving and things that I'm relearning to do differently. A couple days ago the truck I had to drive had a stick shift and it still hurt as bad as ever to drive it. I've come to the conclusion that my Mustang will have to sit when I get home and I'll have to get something with an automatic. Ugh.

Quote:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11 NIV

I pray that whatever plans God has in store for you, that he gives you strength, hope, and a new purpose. I know he loves you and I know that you love him. Devote yourself to prayer about this. Sometimes part of prayer is just listening.
Are you saying you think God might want me to go back to that craphole? If that's the case he better give me a lot of strength, because I'll probably have a panic attack the minute the plane lands.

Are you sure he loves me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,
Just checking in. I hope all is well.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Thanks Gyfgyf, I'm getting there, slowly. How you been?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!