Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:04   #8001
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Miss S_R, prayers continue for you for a quick, painless and permanent end to your difficulties my friend and thanks for not giving up on me. Miss Lady Glock, may your surgery be an unqualified success and may your journey home be smooth and pain free
Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
OK, I'll talk. Just for you. Last night I had another nasty nightmare, but it had another small variant. The only difference this time was I was a little closer to the rocks when I got shot, and this was one of the ones where the bullet got through the armor so it didn't knock me back. I ended up falling just in front of or alongside the rocks. (I'm not sure which) Greg could tell easily that I was dead, so he stayed down. I was looking at myself and watching him cuss out the Afghani's. If words could kill..........

I told my shrink about it today and he said the levee is definitely breaking (his words), and it was only a matter of time before the psychosis lost it's grip. I asked him if he thought me visualizing the version I do was helping and he said he couldn't tell, but he was sure it wasn't hurting. Guess that means he wants me to keep it up.

Are you kidding, I want good video of you and MB kissing to post on GT!
Wolfe that sounds like great news. It seems now to be only a matter of time until much of this is behind you. Hopefully physical healing will continue also.

If you do post that video please send me a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I should know in a week if this is going to work...though they said the steroid will be in my system for a month, if it doesn't work in a week they want me to see a neuro. I really wanted the surgery...I wanted the bulge to be removed because I didn't have this issue until I damaged this disc, so the fact this surgeon is saying it can't be the reason I hurt really makes me mad. Praying this works, anyone know if this pain tonight is usual? I really am praying I don't need anything more!
I will pray for the same thing. You will be so much better off if you can avoid the surgery and not have constant pain.

Quote:
You didn't get your wish, my chest is screaming. I don't know if it's the steroids or just the fact that it's been fairly calm for a couple days and decided "Break's over!", but it's giving me holy hell right now. I'm about to give in and go to the hospital in a couple minutes, I need some relief.
I hate to hear that your chest pain flared up so bad again. I see you were not on again last night. Were you kept at the hospital? I hope the pain has subsided by now. When does you doctor plan to have you start coming back to the hospital at night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 13:46   #8002
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! How are you feeling today?
Old 09-18-2011, 16:10   #8003
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Feel better soon Babe, I hate to hear your chest is putting up such a fuss.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
That's nothing new, it's been complaining for over 2 1/2 years now. I doubt it's going to do anything different anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe that sounds like great news. It seems now to be only a matter of time until much of this is behind you. Hopefully physical healing will continue also.
I sure as hell hope so!

If you do post that video please send me a link.
For sure!

I will pray for the same thing. You will be so much better off if you can avoid the surgery and not have constant pain.
I just hope they find some way to get her back acting right again.

I hate to hear that your chest pain flared up so bad again. I see you were not on again last night. Were you kept at the hospital? I hope the pain has subsided by now. When does you doctor plan to have you start coming back to the hospital at night?
Yep, I went in hoping for some Dilaudid and they told me to clean up and hop in the bed, they were going to do even better than that. They put me in la-la land, and did I ever need it! It still hurts pretty bad. As for when my doc is going to start making me stay there, it started last night, and I'm about to leave to go in for the night. , I'm glad of that.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! How are you feeling today?: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I feel like someone.................. Oh, never mind! You know what I was going to say.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 17:19   #8004
BobInTX

Sweet no-dreams.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 19:02   #8005
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I'm home. The trip was rough, but my girl did such an awesome job driving, it could have been much worse. The pain is still there, though it takes longer for my body to react to being on my feet. It cramped up really tight today, I didn't think I was going to get it to turn lose! It's been a long week, so I'm going to bed...but before my head hits the pillows, I am going to be saying prayers for all the needs of my friends. Hugs (ever so gently) for all. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 19:38   #8006
23skidoo
Deceased

Welcome home Miss LG!

Miss S_R, it was good to see you posting.

Sleep well Sweetheart.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 09-18-2011 at 19:39..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51   #8007
engineer151515

LW and

and

and

. . . . well, bump and hugs can go on for a while.
Old 09-20-2011, 18:21   #8008
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
: wavey:

Sweet no-dreams.
Yep, that's what I got. But my doc said he can't keep doing that, because not dreaming at all is worse for me than having nightmares. So I guess it's back to dreams in just a few minutes.

^^^ I wrote that part last night, but couldn't post because Hajji-net took a dump right when I needed to go. Last night I was knocked out, but not as soundly and had some nasty nightmares. Guess they're not going to release their hold on me without a fight. Tonight I was supposed to go in, but ended up being having to stay in my room because of some unforseen problems at the hospital. So now I'm trying to fall back to sleep and not having much luck. At least not yet, anyway...

Quote:
I'm home. The trip was rough, but my girl did such an awesome job driving, it could have been much worse. The pain is still there, though it takes longer for my body to react to being on my feet. It cramped up really tight today, I didn't think I was going to get it to turn lose! It's been a long week, so I'm going to bed...but before my head hits the pillows, I am going to be saying prayers for all the needs of my friends. Hugs (ever so gently) for all. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.
Glad you hade it home OK, and I REALLY hope your back keeps getting better. Sending up lots of prayers for that and your job interview. Thanks for all the prayers for us.

Quote:
Welcome home Miss LG!: hugs:

Miss S_R, it was good to see you posting.: hugs:
I agree!

Sleep well Sweetheart.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I think the correct phrase would have been "Get knocked out well".

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
LW and

: bump: and : hugs:

: bump: and : hugs:

. . . . well, bump and hugs can go on for a while.
Ooooh baby, I like the way you think.

Yes, the bump and hugs could go on for a very long time.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-20-2011, 20:03   #8009
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<<<Waves his magic bat and whacks hajjinet and the demons upside of their pointy little heads. I hope you get back to sleep soon Sweetheart and may the demons be nursing raging headaches instead of invading your dreams.
Old 09-20-2011, 20:44   #8010
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

<--- This ole boy takes each time of the day as it comes, but I digress......

Aside from this, hey LW, anyone with a name like Lone-Wolf has within her the self-sustaining capacity to make her own decisions as far as what she is going to become. And please know that this is regardless of what her life's pursuit throws at her, which includes bullets from "nowhere."

Anyway, there are these 'CATS' I know of that grow within their own world of choices laid before them, and you know what else? Their is this one Lone_Wolf that I know of who makes her own decisions within her "own world" of choices. Simply put LW, it is not really too much different, but in reality, it is a whole world apart and not near the same as you've been working on/in!

Hey LW, you go girl! Your going to make it so as to help others make it too, which isn't that what Warriors always do?!?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 21:57   #8011
BobInTX

Hey, girl. Emily started crawling and standing in her crib this week. We are in sooooo much trouble. We get to see her again this weekend.

Praying for some good rest for you.
Old 09-21-2011, 16:06   #8012
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
<<<<<<<Waves his magic bat and whacks hajjinet and the demons upside of their pointy little heads. I hope you get back to sleep soon Sweetheart and may the demons be nursing raging headaches instead of invading your dreams.
Better keep whacking them, cause they're still here. Hajji-net seems OK right now, but Nightmares and Chest Pain are up to their usual crap. My doc did say he's going to up my Fentanyl dose, so that I won't have to keep taking extra pain meds. Hope he does that soon, my chest should feel fairly decent on 'normal' pain days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
<--- This ole boy takes each time of the day as it comes, but I digress......

I'll need some time to digest this post. My pre-sentient lizard brain isn't in top working order today. Poor sleep last night, crazy day today, plus I just got the news that I'm already losing my shrink in a few days. With the drawdown and bases closing people are getting shifted around a lot right now, including my shrink. He's not real happy about it either, he said he doesn't get to see enough progress in his patients for his taste, but that I'm made some even in the short time he's had me.

Quote:
Hey, girl. Emily started crawling and standing in her crib this week. We are in sooooo much trouble. We get to see her again this weekend.

Oh wow. We'll get to see pics, right? Can't wait. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks for the prayers, they're needed and helping.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-21-2011, 16:13   #8013
BobInTX

Quote:
Better keep whacking them, cause they're still here. Hajji-net seems OK right now, but Nightmares and Chest Pain are up to their usual crap. My doc did say he's going to up my Fentanyl dose, so that I won't have to keep taking extra pain meds. Hope he does that soon, my chest should feel fairly decent on 'normal' pain days.

I'll need some time to digest this post. My pre-sentient lizard brain isn't in top working order today. Poor sleep last night, crazy day today, plus I just got the news that I'm already losing my shrink in a few days. With the drawdown and bases closing people are getting shifted around a lot right now, including my shrink. He's not real happy about it either, he said he doesn't get to see enough progress in his patients for his taste, but that I'm made some even in the short time he's had me.

Oh wow. We'll get to see pics, right? Can't wait. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks for the prayers, they're needed and helping.
No shrink at all? Oh no. You have made progress but I was hoping you would have help until you come home.

You're welcome for the prayers, and I also appreciate everyone's.
Old 09-21-2011, 17:12   #8014
23skidoo
Deceased

Old 09-22-2011, 12:33   #8015
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I knew that was coming!
I have wonder why you passed on this opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that I continue to pray for you Wolfe, as you recover...YES!! I'm also praying for SR and Lady Glock's concerns. I'm glad to hear that your FIL has gained weight, Bob. My FIL passed suddenly last week and it was a sad, busy week. At the same time, our lawyer son passed his Bar Exam. God is good. But, I always have to remember to "know in the dark what I knew to be true in the light." God will take care of all of us.
Congratulations to your son and thank you for the prayers.

Quote:
Yep, I went in hoping for some Dilaudid and they told me to clean up and hop in the bed, they were going to do even better than that. They put me in la-la land, and did I ever need it! It still hurts pretty bad. As for when my doc is going to start making me stay there, it started last night, and I'm about to leave to go in for the night. ::, I'm glad of that.

I feel like someone.................. Oh, never mind! You know what I was going to say.
Yes I know what you were going to say and you would have been correct.

I think lalaland is a good place for you at night.

Quote:
Prayers sent for continued improvement.

Quote:
Ooooh baby, I like the way you think.

Yes, the bump and hugs could go on for a very long time.
You are going to get yourself in trouble when engineer151515 reads this.

Quote:

I agree with Wolfe that we need pictures.

Quote:
No shrink at all? Oh no. You have made progress but I was hoping you would have help until you come home.

That worries me also. Wolfe will you have anyone there helping you for the remaining time you are there? Have you heard anything more definite about when you will be leaving there and what you will be doing?
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 09-22-2011, 17:04   #8016
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

There'll be at least one shrink here, but I don't know who yet. I may not even have the same shrink for each appointment, but my current shrink said he's going to try to arrange that. He says there's no way in hell he wants me to go the rest of the time I'm here without some kind of help.

Quote:
: hearts:
Cat got your tongue?

Quote:
I have wonder why you passed on this opening.: rofl:
Hush your mouth! Don't give him no damn ideas!

Yes I know what you were going to say and you would have been correct.
Got a problem with that?

I think lalaland is a good place for you at night.: rofl:
I agree!

Think I scared him off again.

That worries me also. Wolfe will you have anyone there helping you for the remaining time you are there? Have you heard anything more definite about when you will be leaving there and what you will be doing?
My remaining time here can be counted in weeks, it won't be long. As for what I'm doing when I leave, I'm not sure. Probably come home, fight with the VA, then leech off you taxpayers. My employer did send me another email yesterday asking me to transfer to Afghanistan. They claim I'm the best they have at what I do. I kind of doubt that, but it is a niche skill that I use here and I've been doing it a while now. I asked if they remembered that I spent more time seeing docs, shrinks and physical terrorists and that wasn't going to change soon, and that I can't do things like lift, crawl or anything else physical.

Their answer back was that they're trying to get the military to continue treatment over there and to re-approve my medical waiver.

I'm not holding my breath, and the idea of going back to that place scares the hell out of me.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-22-2011, 19:47   #8017
engineer151515

Quote:

I think, if I might be so bold to say, that a little bit of the right kind of "trouble" can go a long way with LW.

Quote:

Think I scared him off again.

I am still the guardian of your webpages and I am never far away.

Last edited by engineer151515; 09-23-2011 at 01:05..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 22:41   #8018
BobInTX

Quote:
There'll be at least one shrink here, but I don't know who yet. I may not even have the same shrink for each appointment, but my current shrink said he's going to try to arrange that. He says there's no way in hell he wants me to go the rest of the time I'm here without some kind of help.

Cat got your tongue?

My remaining time here can be counted in weeks, it won't be long. As for what I'm doing when I leave, I'm not sure. Probably come home, fight with the VA, then leech off you taxpayers. My employer did send me another email yesterday asking me to transfer to Afghanistan. They claim I'm the best they have at what I do. I kind of doubt that, but it is a niche skill that I use here and I've been doing it a while now. I asked if they remembered that I spent more time seeing docs, shrinks and physical terrorists and that wasn't going to change soon, and that I can't do things like lift, crawl or anything else physical.

Their answer back was that they're trying to get the military to continue treatment over there and to re-approve my medical waiver.

I'm not holding my breath, and the idea of going back to that place scares the hell out of me.
That sounds like quite a compliment. Maybe you should ask for a raise.

I'm glad your shrink is trying to look out for you.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:15   #8019
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I'm with Bob, I'm glad your psychiatrist is looking out for you too. No ma'am, that mean cat did not get my tongue, he did, however, get my wrist.:smootchie Afghanistan? A mere no, thank you doesn't suffice; Hell no!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:32   #8020
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Wolfe that is good news to know you will have someone there for you even if we would like your current shrink to stay on. I hope he works you hard as long as he possible can..

I hope you are not seriously considering going back over there! You need to come home and rest. You have a long way to go in your recovery and I think you would do much better if you could stop working and relax. Stop worrying about being a burden on us taxpayers. We can never give you back what you have sacrificed for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I think, if I might be so bold to say, that a little bit of the right kind of "trouble" can go a long way with LW.

I am still the guardian of your webpages and I am never far away.
You seem to understand Wolfe very well. Perhaps a little of her kind of trouble goes a long way with you too?

Quote:
That sounds like quite a compliment. Maybe you should ask for a raise.

I'm glad your shrink is trying to look out for you.
BobInTX do you actually think she should go back there? Do you remember what happened to her last time?

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I'm with Bob, I'm glad your psychiatrist is looking out for you too. No ma'am, that mean cat did not get my tongue, he did, however, get my wrist.:::: Afghanistan? A mere no, thank you doesn't suffice; Hell no!
I totally agree with you. She needs to tell her them that they are barking up the wrong tree this time.
Quote:

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!