Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:37   #7981
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
and add to THAT some really sloppy, sluppy, slubberly kisses to Skido!!!!!!!!
Thank you ma'am!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38   #7982
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Ok, so I am a bit catching up here, thread-wise.

SR is having issues, difficulties, troubles, too?

LEMME THE EFF 'AT EM!!!!!!!!!
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:08   #7983
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Even when she's looking for you with bats and needles?

She is?

Thanks, thanks, and more thanks for that. She really does need it.

I'll tell about my visit to my doc later, right now you folks please pray some more for Silent_Runner if you would.
Done.

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:05   #7984
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Yes, I talked to my shrink today about it. He said it was a major breakthough, a sign that the psychosis is breaking. He's convinced (as was my last 2 shrinks) that the psychosis is what made the nightmares different, to include 'locking out' any input from me, such as the visualizations. For one to have happened, even a small change like that, he likened to the small crack in a dam. He said once that dam starts to give way it's just a matter of time.

Then he commented that he wished it had heppened while my previous shrink was here. When I looked surprised he said that he'd worked so hard with me and had mentioned looking something like this in his notes, so my new shrink thought he deserved to know it had finally happened. I thought that was really decent of him to say. The nightmares I've had since then are more of the same, no more breakdancing after being shot like the one. I still like the idea of dodging that damn bullet better!

I know Silent_Runner still insists that I don't post her issues here, and even thought I disagree, I have no choice but to respect her wishes. And she does post elsewhere. But I'm going to risk pissing her off by asking for a lot of prayers for her. Please, a lot.
I was truly hoping that would be your shrink's assessment of the variance in your dream. Now that changes have begun they should start happening faster and more often. Soon you will be stand there giving the finger to the ones trying to shoot you while bullets bounce off you.

That your current shrink wished his predecessor could have seem your breakthrough shows that he is a good man. You are lucky to have him helping you.

I thank you for the prayer requests and for understanding my desire not to bring out the details on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Silent Runner, we love you, too.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
What do I think of what she wrote? Boy howdy! I am ecstatic! See Miss S_R? The mutt doesn't always speak for me.::
:
I was about to give up on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Lone_Wolfe ::

Silent_Runner ::
Thank you and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Prayers, prayers and more prayers for S_R...not sure what the need is, but God knows and that is what is important. I will be praying for her!
Yes he does and I do thank you and keep up my prayers for you.

Quote:
Thanks, thanks, and more thanks for that. She really does need it.

I'll tell about my visit to my doc later, right now you folks please pray some more for Silent_Runner if you would.
Wolfe you know I'm grateful for all the prayer and really need God to listen but you are not going to use my problem as an excuse not to talk about yours. This is your thread on your home forum and we are here to help you.

Quote:
Prayers for Miss S_R, Miss Lady Glock, Bob's FIL, and of course, Miss Lone_::
Thank you.

Is that before of after MB-G26 kisses you?

Quote:
I want to watch! He might really enjoy that.

Quote:

I would love to. I could step back and you could take care of everything.

Quote:
Done.

:
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 13:25   #7985
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Thank you all for your prayers. The procedure is done...I'm angry they wouldn't get rid of the bulge as was expected, but prayful that the shot will take care of it. I'm staying with a precious friend for one or two days to heal and then on the road by Friday early morning to get home. It's a 2 day trip, so that will be really rough.

Prayers continue for all the needs of my friends...God bless and keep you all in his embrace until you get through the issues you are facing. Hugs (always the most gentle) for all!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 15:08   #7986
BobInTX

Yeah, LG, you probably need some gentle hugs yourself.
Old 09-14-2011, 15:19   #7987
23skidoo
Deceased

Miss S_R, prayers continue for you for a quick, painless and permanent end to your difficulties my friend and thanks for not giving up on me. Miss Lady Glock, may your surgery be an unqualified success and may your journey home be smooth and pain free

Babe, may all your days be great! No disrespect to Miss MB-G26, but I want you to deliver those kisses.
Old 09-14-2011, 18:48   #7988
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Prayers for Miss S_R, Miss Lady Glock, Bob's FIL, and of course, Miss Lone_: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Thanks, on behalf of all of us.

Quote:
Oh good! This I want to watch!

Quote:
Thank you ma'am! : hugs:
<<< puts fresh batteries in the videocamera...

Quote:

Yep, she does. I wish you could have at 'em on her behalf. Somehow I think you'd win. I'd also like to let you have at my nightmares. I'll bet they'd run away screaming and never return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I was truly hoping that would be your shrink's assessment of the variance in your dream. Now that changes have begun they should start happening faster and more often. Soon you will be stand there giving the finger to the ones trying to shoot you while bullets bounce off you.
If I could do that I'd just stomp over there instead and shove their AK's up their asses. But I'd settle for just avoiding getting shot somehow. Of course I wish I coulf have done that in RL.

That your current shrink wished his predecessor could have seem your breakthrough shows that he is a good man. You are lucky to have him helping you.
I agree with you on that completely.

I thank you for the prayer requests and for understanding my desire not to bring out the details on this forum.
I really hope you'll change your mind soon.

Wolfe you know I'm grateful for all the prayer and really need God to listen but you are not going to use my problem as an excuse not to talk about yours. This is your thread on your home forum and we are here to help you.

I want to watch!: supergrin: He might really enjoy that.
If he's smart he'll kiss back. Or somebody might have something to say about it......
I intend to keep it up until you get better, too.

OK, I'll talk. Just for you. Last night I had another nasty nightmare, but it had another small variant. The only difference this time was I was a little closer to the rocks when I got shot, and this was one of the ones where the bullet got through the armor so it didn't knock me back. I ended up falling just in front of or alongside the rocks. (I'm not sure which) Greg could tell easily that I was dead, so he stayed down. I was looking at myself and watching him cuss out the Afghani's. If words could kill..........

I told my shrink about it today and he said the levee is definitely breaking (his words), and it was only a matter of time before the psychosis lost it's grip. I asked him if he thought me visualizing the version I do was helping and he said he couldn't tell, but he was sure it wasn't hurting. Guess that means he wants me to keep it up.

My doc think I need more sleep to really beat these nightmares. Duh, like that's news. But he said he's thinking about having me come in at night for a little while for observation and possible stronger meds to make me sleep. He's also thinking about different options for my pain meds, because he doesn't want me to have to take add-ons as often as I do. He didn't say what he's got in mind, though.

Quote:
Thank you all for your prayers. The procedure is done...I'm angry they wouldn't get rid of the bulge as was expected, but prayful that the shot will take care of it. I'm staying with a precious friend for one or two days to heal and then on the road by Friday early morning to get home. It's a 2 day trip, so that will be really rough.

Prayers continue for all the needs of my friends...God bless and keep you all in his embrace until you get through the issues you are facing. Hugs (always the most gentle) for all!
I'm praying that it doesn the trick too. How soon will you know? If it doesn't, will the surgeon work on you then?

Gentle hugs back, my friend. And keep us posted on the trip.

Quote:
Yeah, LG, you probably need some gentle hugs yourself. : hugs:
I'd say she does. How's your FIL?

Quote:
Babe, may all your days be great!: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou: No disrespect to Miss MB-G26, but I want you to deliver those kisses.
Are you kidding, I want good video of you and MB kissing to post on GT!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 18:57   #7989
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Oh good! This I want to watch!

<<< puts fresh batteries in the videocamera...

Are you kidding, I want good video of you and MB kissing to post on GT!
Behave Gorgeous One! The sleep of the just and good for you on the psychosis!
Old 09-14-2011, 19:45   #7990
BobInTX

My FIL is doing okay. He has gained 7 pounds since he has been there. Thats very good. He is all skin and bones. His very short term memory is bad.

You're getting close to the rocks. One of these days you're gonna make it. Just don't start jumping up and down celebrating or you might get shot again.
Old 09-14-2011, 22:26   #7991
Lady Glock

I should know in a week if this is going to work...though they said the steroid will be in my system for a month, if it doesn't work in a week they want me to see a neuro. I really wanted the surgery...I wanted the bulge to be removed because I didn't have this issue until I damaged this disc, so the fact this surgeon is saying it can't be the reason I hurt really makes me mad. Praying this works, anyone know if this pain tonight is usual? I really am praying I don't need anything more!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:49   #7992
BobInTX

Every time my wife or I have had an injection somewhere it hurts for a few days where they injected it.
Old 09-15-2011, 19:03   #7993
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Behave Gorgeous One! The sleep of the just and good for you on the psychosis!: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Me? Misbehave?

Quote:
My FIL is doing okay. He has gained 7 pounds since he has been there. Thats very good. He is all skin and bones. His very short term memory is bad.

You're getting close to the rocks. One of these days you're gonna make it. Just don't start jumping up and down celebrating or you might get shot again.
Glad to hear he's doing better. Hopefully that'll keep up.

Get shot again?!?!? You mean once wasn't enough? The main thing that was different about that one was that it kept going after I got shot. Usually when I have one where the bullet gets through the armor I scream or cry myself awake before anything else happens. Those are also the ones where I roll face-down a lot, and that really hurts. I don't know if the pain from rolling over causes the dreams to be the worst ones, or if the really bad dream causes my to move around enough to end up face-down.

Quote:
I should know in a week if this is going to work...though they said the steroid will be in my system for a month, if it doesn't work in a week they want me to see a neuro. I really wanted the surgery...I wanted the bulge to be removed because I didn't have this issue until I damaged this disc, so the fact this surgeon is saying it can't be the reason I hurt really makes me mad. Praying this works, anyone know if this pain tonight is usual? I really am praying I don't need anything more!
Bob's right, it hurts after steroid injections for a few days. So can you stay there for a week and see him again if the steroids don't do it fo you? I'm just wondering what your options are right now. Praying for you, too.

Quote:
Every time my wife or I have had an injection somewhere it hurts for a few days where they injected it.
Yeah, don't remind me. I had what my doc said in my last series of injections for a while today, and damn, it hurts! I just hope the steroids don't make my chest go crazy like they have in the past. I got a lower dose again, according to my doc, so I shouldn't quit breathing or anything else like that.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-15-2011, 22:51   #7994
Lady Glock

I can't stay a week...we are headed home tomorrow morning. I have a job interview next week...I can't miss it! The pain is less intense than it has been, I was on my feet for several minutes today before it started getting sore. I'm hoping and praying it will just work and I won't need anything more than this. My daughter will be doing most of the driving home, though I hope to be able to drive though the major cities since she is so inexperienced. We will DEFINITELY be stopping somewhere on the way. If we find we don't have the funds for a room, we will sleep in the van, but I am prayful we have the funds for a room.

My prayers continue for all the other needs here. S_R, bob's FIL, Skidoo and Wolfe. I will also pray that any I have forgotten, God knows the needs, and I will pray he meets them all. God Bless all my friends!

Old 09-16-2011, 00:28   #7995
23skidoo
Deceased

Ever so gentle hugs tonight, I hope your chest doesn't make you pay so dearly again for your steroid injections.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:19   #7996
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Just wanted to pop in and say that I continue to pray for you Wolfe, as you recover...YES!! I'm also praying for SR and Lady Glock's concerns. I'm glad to hear that your FIL has gained weight, Bob. My FIL passed suddenly last week and it was a sad, busy week. At the same time, our lawyer son passed his Bar Exam. God is good. But, I always have to remember to "know in the dark what I knew to be true in the light." God will take care of all of us.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:04   #7997
BobInTX

G26, I'm so sorry for your loss. Congrats to your son.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:18   #7998
okie
GT Mayor

Keep your chin up LW sweetheart, love you my dear
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 15:28   #7999
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Keep your chin up LW sweetheart, love you my dear
Love you too, okie

Quote:
I can't stay a week...we are headed home tomorrow morning. I have a job interview next week...I can't miss it! The pain is less intense than it has been, I was on my feet for several minutes today before it started getting sore. I'm hoping and praying it will just work and I won't need anything more than this. My daughter will be doing most of the driving home, though I hope to be able to drive though the major cities since she is so inexperienced. We will DEFINITELY be stopping somewhere on the way. If we find we don't have the funds for a room, we will sleep in the van, but I am prayful we have the funds for a room.

My prayers continue for all the other needs here. S_R, bob's FIL, Skidoo and Wolfe. I will also pray that any I have forgotten, God knows the needs, and I will pray he meets them all. God Bless all my friends!
I hope that interview goes well for you. I'd love to see you post that you got a great job with great medical insurance. Praying for you to make the trip back safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that I continue to pray for you Wolfe, as you recover...YES!! I'm also praying for SR and Lady Glock's concerns. I'm glad to hear that your FIL has gained weight, Bob. My FIL passed suddenly last week and it was a sad, busy week. At the same time, our lawyer son passed his Bar Exam. God is good. But, I always have to remember to "know in the dark what I knew to be true in the light." God will take care of all of us.
Hi, good to see you again! I'm so sorry about your FIL. Congrats to your son! Can we tell lawyer jokes now?

Quote:
Ever so gentle hugs tonight, I hope your chest doesn't make you pay so dearly again for your steroid injections.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
You didn't get your wish, my chest is screaming. I don't know if it's the steroids or just the fact that it's been fairly calm for a couple days and decided "Break's over!", but it's giving me holy hell right now. I'm about to give in and go to the hospital in a couple minutes, I need some relief.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-16-2011, 19:22   #8000
23skidoo
Deceased

Feel better soon Babe, I hate to hear your chest is putting up such a fuss.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!