GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:08   #7941
BobInTX

To update everyone, my father in-law is in a nursing home on a secured wing for dementia and alzheimer's patients. He has good days and not so good days. He is really at a higher level than all the other patients. He doesn't remember being in the hospital now, even though he was there almost a month. But he knows everyone. Last time they weighed him, he was 98 pounds. He is 5'10'. My wife's mom is not able to take care of him, because she is not able to get around well herself.

Wolfe, I know you're trying to get as much help in with the time you have remaining there. Keep it up.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47   #7942
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
He was grilling me about Greg and guilt and that sort of stuff today. He was badgering me, pushing and upsetting me. The he asked for the umpteenth time why Greg came out to me while he was under fire. I kept telling him I didn't know, then I finally said "He was still pissed that I'd taken the last cup of coffee and wanted to make damn sure I was dead!"

I found out that my new shrink has a sense of humor....
Wolfe that was hilarious! From what you have said about Greg I can picture him up in Heaven laughing so hard his chest hurts too.

I knew you had not lost your sense of humor and I'm glad. You have an evil mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Yeah. I kept thinking that answer wasn't going to work.
You should have known better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
:
To update everyone, my father in-law is in a nursing home on a secured wing for dementia and alzheimer's patients. He has good days and not so good days. He is really at a higher level than all the other patients. He doesn't remember being in the hospital now, even though he was there almost a month. But he knows everyone. Last time they weighed him, he was 98 pounds. He is 5'10'. My wife's mom is not able to take care of him, because she is not able to get around well herself.

Wolfe, I know you're trying to get as much help in with the time you have remaining there. Keep it up.
I will continue to pray for you and your family. You have been a great help to Wolfe and she told me that again today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:58   #7943
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe that was hilarious! From what you have said about Greg I can picture him up in Heaven laughing so hard his chest hurts too.

I knew you had not lost your sense of humor and I'm glad. You have an evil mind.

You should have known better!

I will continue to pray for you and your family. You have been a great help to Wolfe and she told me that again today.
Thank you for saying that. I really don't feel like I've been much help since she got back. I don't have any more ideas for writing assignments. But she can reread what she wrote and our responses to them. She's over the hump now. Aren't you, Wolfe?

That was a funny line.
Old 09-06-2011, 20:03   #7944
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yeah. I kept thinking that answer wasn't going to work.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

Quote:
:To update everyone, my father in-law is in a nursing home on a secured wing for dementia and alzheimer's patients. He has good days and not so good days. He is really at a higher level than all the other patients. He doesn't remember being in the hospital now, even though he was there almost a month. But he knows everyone. Last time they weighed him, he was 98 pounds. He is 5'10'. My wife's mom is not able to take care of him, because she is not able to get around well herself.
Sounds like we need to keep up the prayers for both of them.

I'm trying. Right now it looks like I've only got a few weeks left and that scares the crap out of me.

Quote:
Wolfe that was hilarious!: rofl:: rofl: From what you have said about Greg I can picture him up in Heaven laughing so hard his chest hurts too.

Me? Evil?

I can picture Greg laughing at that too. And probably nodding his head!

Quote:
Thank you for saying that. I really don't feel like I've been much help since she got back. I don't have any more ideas for writing assignments. But she can reread what she wrote and our responses to them. She's over the hump now. Aren't you, Wolfe?

That was a funny line.
I just had made the comment to her that I missed you in here, but knew your family issues have to take priority

I'm surprised you don't have any more ideas. Even my new shrink made a comment about that a couple weeks ago and wondered what you might pull out of your hat next. He meant it in a good way, he can tell me you were a huge help to me too. And it's much easier now to read old threads, thanks to a certain engineer.

I think I'm past the worst of it, my shrink agrees. He thinks I'm on the right track in dealing with what happened and the aftermath, just way behind. I was talking to him today about being scared of what's going to happen now and he admitted he'd concerned too. He thinks on the psychological side I should be OK, the VA does have shrinks used to dealing with PTSD, and that's a lot of what I still have to deal with. The physical side is going to be harder to deal with, but hopefully I can get physical therapy at home. Otherwise all they'll probably do for me is give me my pain meds every month. They'll have to do that anyway, but I want the chance to keep improving, too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 20:47   #7945
BobInTX

Well, I may just have to think of something. It may be after you get back to the states. It may have to be given in person, though.
Old 09-06-2011, 20:59   #7946
engineer151515

Quote:
.....but I want the chance to keep improving, too.
I like how that sounds.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01   #7947
BobInTX

Cuteness Alert!!

Okie Memorial Area
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24   #7948
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'm trying. Right now it looks like I've only got a few weeks left and that scares the crap out of me.

Me? Evil?

Yes you Wolfe.I have known you were evil for many years and that part of you did not change.

I understand why you are afraid but I hope you are also looking forward to being in your home again to stay. You are missing a lot of your life staying over there in that war.

Quote:
I like how that sounds.
I do too.

Quote:
Cuteness Alert!!
]
She is just darling! If that does not lure Wolfe there to visit then she is really wrong. I just may have to be the one to drive her there.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:45   #7949
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Me? Evil?
Quote:
Yes you Wolfe.I have known you were evil for many years and that part of you did not change.

Hey! My Sweetheart is not evil!
Old 09-07-2011, 14:53   #7950
BobInTX

Quote:

I understand why you are afraid but I hope you are also looking forward to being in your home again to stay. You are missing a lot of your life staying over there in that war.

I do too.

She is just darling! If that does not lure Wolfe there to visit then she is really wrong. I just may have to be the one to drive her there.
Promises, promises.

Yeah, I'd really hate that.
Old 09-07-2011, 18:19   #7951
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I like how that sounds.
I like the offers of footrubs, too.

Quote:
Cuteness Alert!!

Okie Memorial Area
Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Quote:
Yes you Wolfe.I have known you were evil for many years and that part of you did not change.: tongueout:

Maybe, but it's a lot easier being over here. Plus all the reasons I've talked about before. Skidoo think I'm not evil, guess he's misled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hey! My Sweetheart is not evil!
More proof that she knows me better than you do.

Quote:
Well, I may just have to think of something. It may be after you get back to the states. It may have to be given in person, though.
Hmmmmmmm, methinks you're trying to tell me something.....

Quote:
Promises, promises. : whistling:

Yeah, I'd really hate that.
OK, so you'd have Crazy_Wolfe and the nurse with bats and guns at your house at the same time. Maybe I'm not the only one who's nuts.......

Saw my doc, shrink and physical terrorist today, made for a long day. I slept for a while a bit ago and just woke back up. Instead of talking much I'm going to try to go back to sleep. I'll talk more tomorrow.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-07-2011, 18:40   #7952
engineer151515

Quote:

I like the offers of footrubs, too.

Pumping up for foot rub duty.
Old 09-07-2011, 23:32   #7953
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Sounds to me like L_W has come a long way. I'm digging it.
Old 09-07-2011, 23:38   #7954
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Saw my doc, shrink and physical terrorist today, made for a long day. I slept for a while a bit ago and just woke back up. Instead of talking much I'm going to try to go back to sleep. I'll talk more tomorrow.
Sleep well Sweetheart.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:30   #7955
BobInTX

Quote:
Maybe, but it's a lot easier being over here. Plus all the reasons I've talked about before.
It's the medical care plus you're not having to face the fear of "What Now?"

Skidoo think I'm not evil, guess he's misled...
More proof that she knows me better than you do.

Probably not even close.

Hmmmmmmm, methinks you're trying to tell me something.....

Mmmmmm..... could be.

OK, so you'd have Crazy_Wolfe and the nurse with bats and guns at your house at the same time. Maybe I'm not the only one who's nuts.......

Cool. We'll go to the gun range and then the batting cage.

I hope you got a little sleep, anyway. Maybe you can get a nap today, but please, please, please, don't forget the Xanax.
Old 09-08-2011, 19:14   #7956
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
Don't know if you're read back much, but you should have been here a couple years ago. Reading back I can see how hard I tried to only come in here when I could write coherently, but I can still tell. I was . Still am, but not so bad.

Quote:

My Hero!

Quote:
Sleep well Sweetheart.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Nice thought, but that wasn't meant to be.

Quote:
It's the medical care plus you're not having to face the fear of "What Now?"
So true. Over here tha "What now?" is pertty much limited to what my shrink or physical terrorist might do today, and what size rockets are going to be thrown at the base this time

Probably not even close.
Not sure which way you mean it, but she's known me for 20 years and has spent a pretty good bit of time around me, she's got the advantage here.

Mmmmmm..... could be.
Guess I better make plans to get down your way then. That is, after those fires are put out. I sure hope you and your's are nowhere near that.

That would be a good time for me to stay at the house and keep little Emily company. Not that I need an excuse to want to see that little cutie!

I hope you got a little sleep, anyway. Maybe you can get a nap today, but please, please, please, don't forget the Xanax.
Mandy has forbidden me to so much as lay down in the same room with her without a Xanax in me, and she's got the claws to back that up. She gets launched enough even with it. A nap didn't happen today, but I've already slept a couple hours tonight and am going to try again. Wish me luck, I've got a lot on my mind and my chest is making it's usual fuss about everything.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-08-2011, 19:46   #7957
23skidoo
Deceased

Let's try this again Babe, the sleep of the just.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:02   #7958
BobInTX

Quote:
Probably not even close.
Not sure which way you mean it, but she's known me for 20 years and has spent a pretty good bit of time around me, she's got the advantage here.

I meant she knows you a lot more and longer than he does.

Mmmmmm..... could be.
Guess I better make plans to get down your way then. That is, after those fires are put out. I sure hope you and your's are nowhere near that.

No, I'm not near the Bastrop fire, although our preacher's parents' house was destroyed in it. We are having cooler temperatures, but we need rain bad. That Bastrop fire is the worst I have ever heard about as far as losing property. Some people have lost their lives, as well.

Here are some pics of it:

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

In this one you can see our state capitol building in the foreground.

Okie Memorial Area

That would be a good time for me to stay at the house and keep little Emily company. Not that I need an excuse to want to see that little cutie!

She actually lives about 2 1/2 hours from us. We get to see her this weekend, because it's her brother's fifth birthday. We haven't seen her in a month. Too long.

Mandy has forbidden me to so much as lay down in the same room with her without a Xanax in me, and she's got the claws to back that up. She gets launched enough even with it. A nap didn't happen today, but I've already slept a couple hours tonight and am going to try again. Wish me luck, I've got a lot on my mind and my chest is making it's usual fuss about everything.
I hope you were successful getting sleep. Tell your chest I said to quit *****ing and moaning. I'm sure that will help.

Last edited by BobInTX; 09-09-2011 at 11:03..
Old 09-09-2011, 13:29   #7959
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Wolfe told me she plans to keep you busy so you had better get yourself in shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
Yes she has and I dig it as well.

Quote:
Sleep well Sweetheart.::
I second this suggestion.

Quote:
Don't know if you're read back much, but you should have been here a couple years ago. Reading back I can see how hard I tried to only come in here when I could write coherently, but I can still tell. I was . Still am, but not so bad.

Wolfe you are not crazy! You know the difference between psychotic and crazy. You also know I'm the only person here allowed to call you crazy.

You have said very little for a few days. Why are you clamming up?

Quote:
I hope you were successful getting sleep. Tell your chest I said to quit *****ing and moaning. I'm sure that will help.
It never hurts to try. Hopefully one of these days it will listen.

Those pictures of the fire look so awful. I will pray for everyone affected by it. I wish I could send some rain your way.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 12:59   #7960
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Wolfe?

Please check in here and say hello at least. It would be even better if you would talk to us.
Quote:

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!