Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:21   #9901
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Praise GOD Wolfe!!!!! Lord have mercy I am overjoyed so much I am in tears. God Bless you, and I pray you have a very Happy Christmas. Count this as an early Christmas present from God! HE's definitely been good to you this year!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:21   #9902
m2hmghb

I'm glad to hear it Wolfess. I'm sorry I haven't been around as much. Continued prayers for healing for you. You take it easy young lady, don't want you to aggravate anything!!(except the doctors and nurses )

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:35   #9903
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

For once, that's not the announcement after the base I was was on got shelled yet again. That's my biopsy report. Yep, remission. For now, at least, I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor. I'll have to be checked every few months for the next 3 years, then every year at least for the rest of my life. Cured? Maybe, maybe not. I have about a 40% chance of the cancer recurring and spreading within the next 5 years, which is likely a death sentence. But that means there's a 60% chance I've kicked this can to the curb for once and for all.

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:30   #9904
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

Awesome news..........my Christmas wish came true.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33   #9905
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Awesome news..........my Christmas wish came true.
You are such a sweety!

LW he openly wished for this on 1911addicts!

Merry Christmas faawrenchbndr. I hope you are enjoying your family and that the hunting is good.

Wolfe a lot of people love you very much.

Last edited by sawgrass; 12-22-2012 at 12:34..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 13:52   #9906
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Glad the news is good, and hope you have a quick and full recovery!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 13:53   #9907
Zonny

<<<<<<<---------Turning cartwheels
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 14:01   #9908
BobInTX

Yay! Merry Christmas. I know that's a huge load off your mind.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 14:07   #9909
dango

Hey Wolfe ! Sorry that I haven't been in touch but things are
very complicated some times. I new you would beat this and never doubted it.

I just been posting insanity to keep sane . I owe you a hundred
kisses or so and never forgot and always been peaking in to silently check in . A very Happy and Healthy Holiday to all of us!

Keep the faith cause we all need a little help !
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 16:36   #9910
Glock26girl
G26, G19

This is such happy news, Wolfe!!
I wanted to share a photo of our cat, Keats. He sits up like a person when he is tired. He gets this glassy-eyed stare, then falls over backward. But, I can't get it to attach. I will try messaging it to you.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 17:04   #9911
Hicksville Kid

Quote:
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

For once, that's not the announcement after the base I was was on got shelled yet again. That's my biopsy report. Yep, remission. For now, at least, I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor. I'll have to be checked every few months for the next 3 years, then every year at least for the rest of my life. Cured? Maybe, maybe not. I have about a 40% chance of the cancer recurring and spreading within the next 5 years, which is likely a death sentence. But that means there's a 60% chance I've kicked this can to the curb for once and for all.

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!

Thank God. Lone Wolfe you are tougher than a Navy Seal. They got nuttin' on you.
Have a Merry Christmas and raise a glass in celebration if they will let you.
Here is wishing you a Happy New Year and may 2013 be filled with all good things.
Hicksville Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 19:19   #9912
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I hope your feeling better LW!

Your in my prayers as always.

Old 12-22-2012, 20:11   #9913
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!
You kick ass! So glad you got some good news for once.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 20:19   #9914
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

That is awesome! Keep thinking on the positive side.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 21:28   #9915
sawgrass

You couldn't have received a better gift. LW you have suffered too much for this to be the end, and this proves it.

LW if I had a magic wand and you would be here for New Years.

damn i had to type that three times and all I've had are a couple of Obsidian Stouts. nite all...
Old 12-22-2012, 21:32   #9916
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I really, really want video of this.

Thank you all for the prayers and cheers here, it brings a smile to my face. As glad as I am, a part of me is sad too, that Jeff (23Skidoo) couldn't be here to be a part of this. He was my strongest supporter, always had something encouraging to say to me. Right now he'd be whipping out his Snoopys, in celebration. I know he's up there smiling right now.

I got the chance to talk at length today with the doc who did my second surgery. I asked him some questions about my built-up drug tolerance, and we came to the conclustion that I've suspected for quite a while. Fentanyl was having almost no effect on my pain, in spite of being at the maximum allowable dose. Dilaudid still gives me some relief, but I need a high dose because of how long I've been using. Hydracodone and related aren't much better than taking aspirin. I could go on. Morphine is the one med that got me through this past week+, but in doses so high that.......... well, you saw my posts. The long and short is that, since it wasn't doing squat anyway, I'm going to take advantage of having been weaned off Fentanyl during surgery and stay off it. I'm also going to have to revisit what options I do still have for long-term pain control. The pain fro my surgery should be pretty much gone in 4-6 weeks, but my chest injury isn't going to just go away. To some extent I'm going to just have to keep doing what I've been doing for a long time now, just grit my teeth and bear it. I'm hoping my surgeon made a difference with her little tweak. She wouldn't come out and say it, but she implied that some muscle that had been torn loose was reconnected wrong, and might be causing or adding to the spasms I've been having. When she pointed to where she did her bit, it was right near where the pain is the worst.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 21:36   #9917
sawgrass

Damn that would be incredible if what she did helped the previous pain. LW you are incredible. I'm not hunting that smiley but gentle hugs and comfort to you.

Yea, Jeff would have had the snoopies and the i love you's dancing. Who knows, maybe you have a new angel.

Last edited by sawgrass; 12-22-2012 at 21:47..
Old 12-23-2012, 05:37   #9918
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Just because he's in heaven doesn't mean he's not celebrating with you. He's in the hearts of everyone who love him and that means he's celebrating through them. I'm pleased as punch that you come back "clean" of cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and I'm going to be praying that this doc did the right thing and FIXED the issue that was causing you so much pain. Sometimes, it just takes a second set of eyes to see that mistakes were made and need to be corrected. BUT....if they made a mistake that big, maybe you should consider a civil suit.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:44   #9919
deputy tom

Excellent news. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33   #9920
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Wondeful news.
I am so happy for you.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:41   #9921
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
... reconstruction done using fat from my lower belly....
I could get rich being a donor, then.....
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51   #9922
BobInTX

That would be awesome if this fixed your chest pain. I think I told you before I hoped they would see something in there that wasn't right.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 15:49   #9923
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!
You know that this was the easiest one and it will be harder to stay clear for the next few years. But for now enjoy it and keep up the attitude. Cancer is such an awful disease and I love to see anyone beat it. I especially love to see a friend like you beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Hang in there, Lone Wolfe, many care for and are praying for you. We're hoping the C is gone forever.

Mrs. Hummer had the same surgery 4 years ago, a bilateral mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. She came home in a few days and the worst was soon over. She's doing fine now and I love her more than ever. Life goes on, and it's a precious thing to have and share. ::
Your wife will be in my prayers for continued remission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I agree with Wolfe in that I want to see video of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
:: This is such happy news, Wolfe!!
I wanted to share a photo of our cat, Keats. He sits up like a person when he is tired. He gets this glassy-eyed stare, then falls over backward. But, I can't get it to attach. I will try messaging it to you.
Please try again to post a picture of your cat. He sounds darling.

Quote:
Thank you all for the prayers and cheers here, it brings a smile to my face. As glad as I am, a part of me is sad too, that Jeff (23Skidoo) couldn't be here to be a part of this. He was my strongest supporter, always had something encouraging to say to me. Right now he'd be whipping out his Snoopys, in celebration. I know he's up there smiling right now.
You already know that Jeff is happy and is watching over you. He misses you too but is in a better place.

I join the others here in hoping your surgeon was able to reduce your chest pain with her extra curricular activities. I hope you can get pain meds that work for you and give you some relief over the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I could get rich being a donor, then.....
If we could find a way to recycle fat then a lot of people would be wealthier than they are. If net worth was determined my your BMI I think a lot of Americans would rejoice. On the other hand I would be destitute.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 15:54   #9924
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!
Great news!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 14:11   #9925
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!

OUTSTANDING NEWS!!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!