Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-20-2012, 13:14   #9876
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Can someone call her? This reminds me of when 23Skidoo had his stroke.
I am sorry that I have not been able to keep you people up to date. It does look like Wolfe has tried.

She had surgery on Friday and had an additional surgery today. As you have surmised she is heavily medicated and is in a lot of pain. Hopefully she will not require anymore surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Well, I was waiting for a phone call. Some poor SOB in Uzbekistan prolly answered.
You probably would have found him easier to understand.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 21:34   #9877
sawgrass

LW keep the posts coming, at least we know you are still kicking and hopefully not feeling too much pain.

Are your current Doc's aware of ALL of your medication history?
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 22:09   #9878
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Trucker View Post
I don't know what you said, but I love the way that you said it

Remember, caring is sharing, especially with meds!

Okie Memorial Area
Funhy, funny

Oh mropjine drip, oh morphonbe drio, how beautoifiul your splashes!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 22:11   #9879
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Hiya ma'am, hang in there!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 22:13   #9880
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Funhy, funny

It's nice to share!!!!
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 22:25   #9881
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Funhy, funny

Tis the season!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19   #9882
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Tis the season!
Haha, yep. Unfortunately, they're weaning me off ther high dosage of Morphine today, so the word of the day is Pain.

But I'm still here, and as Silent_Runner said, I ended up having 2 surgeries. the first was over 12 hours long. I'l tell more later. I really appreciate the prayers and suppport.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26   #9883
BobInTX

Quote:
Haha, yep. Unfortunately, they're weaning me off ther high dosage of Morphine today, so the word of the day is Pain.

But I'm still here, and as Silent_Runner said, I ended up having 2 surgeries. the first was over 12 hours long. I'l tell more later. I really appreciate the prayers and suppport.
I wouldn't have expected you to do this the "easy" way.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30   #9884
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I wouldn't have expected you to do this the "easy" way.
And why not?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12   #9885
Ian Moone

Ms. LW ...I know that I don't know ya well, but I wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and many healthy days beyond that.
Ian Moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20   #9886
BobInTX

Quote:
And why not?
Oh, just your previous track record.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-21-2012, 16:24   #9887
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Hi LW,

You have been in our prayers (my wife Kim and I) and we sure are hoping for a speedy recovery and success from the recent surgeries. May you have relief from pain and extra comfort from your many friends, family and of course the one above.

Steve
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 20:41   #9888
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Moone View Post
Ms. LW ...I know that I don't know ya well, but I wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and many healthy days beyond that.
Thank you, Ian. It's much appreciated. Most of you here don't know me, or at least you didn't before you talked to me in here, but your thoughts and prayers mean just as much to me. I've even gotten to meet some of you and have made some great friends.

Quote:
Oh, just your previous track record.

Hope you feel better soon.
Speaking of someone I consider a great friend....

Oh wait, what did you just say about me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsnet View Post
Hi LW,

You have been in our prayers (my wife Kim and I) and we sure are hoping for a speedy recovery and success from the recent surgeries. May you have relief from pain and extra comfort from your many friends, family and of course the one above.

Steve
Thank you both, very much.

I had my main surgery on Friday, the 14th. It went over 12 hours, that's why they had to go in and take out my post as a separate surgery a few days later. As I posted in that link a couple weeks ago, I had a double mastectomy, with reconstruction done using fat from my lower belly. That means I had to be cut from one hipbone to the other, and gutted much like a fish. The surgeon takes a section sseveral inches high, by the width of my abdomen. Then she uses that to make me new breasts, reconnecting blood vessels, even nerves when possible. She even mentioned in my case she was able to 'touch up' some muscle damage from my previous injury.

The 'results' are still painful and very swollen, but I can tell she did a great job creating and shaping them. They're still draining, and will for several more days. Once the sweeling goes down, and I heal up, this should be a 'permanent' installation. Unlike silicone or saline implants. Right now I can't walk, because I can't stand upi straight. That's from the skin and fat taken from my belly. I can only hobble a short distance on a walker, and with someone right behind me for another day or so. That'll improve after I get my stitches out. For now I'm pretty much bedridden, with you folks to keep me company. My friend has been here with me most of the time, too.

Other than the long recovery from this surgery, I'm waiting for the biopsy results. I they're clear, I'm in remission. A survivor, at least until the next check. If they results aren't clear............... Send up a few prayers, wouldya please?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-21-2012, 20:49   #9889
deputy tom

Quote:
Thank you, Ian. It's much appreciated. Most of you here don't know me, or at least you didn't before you talked to me in here, but your thoughts and prayers mean just as much to me. I've even gotten to meet some of you and have made some great friends.

I had my main surgery on Friday, the 14th. It went over 12 hours, that's why they had to go in and take out my post as a separate surgery a few days later. As I posted in that link a couple weeks ago, I had a double mastectomy, with reconstruction done using fat from my lower belly. That means I had to be cut from one hipbone to the other, and gutted much like a fish. The surgeon takes a section sseveral inches high, by the width of my abdomen. Then she uses that to make me new breasts, reconnecting blood vessels, even nerves when possible. She even mentioned in my case she was able to 'touch up' some muscle damage from my previous injury.

The 'results' are still painful and very swollen, but I can tell she did a great job creating and shaping them. They're still draining, and will for several more days. Once the sweeling goes down, and I heal up, this should be a 'permanent' installation. Unlike silicone or saline implants. Right now I can't walk, because I can't stand upi straight. That's from the skin and fat taken from my belly. I can only hobble a short distance on a walker, and with someone right behind me for another day or so. That'll improve after I get my stitches out. For now I'm pretty much bedridden, with you folks to keep me company. My friend has been here with me most of the time, too.

Other than the long recovery from this surgery, I'm waiting for the biopsy results. I they're clear, I'm in remission. A survivor, at least until the next check. If they results aren't clear............... Send up a few prayers, wouldya please?
I'm sending prayers your way,again. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 20:50   #9890
BobInTX

Quote:

Likewise, on the great friend part. I'm glad you're back among us.

Maybe the little touch up on the muscles she did will help your gettin' shot pain a little bit.

I so hope your biopsy is clear. You deserve a break.
Old 12-21-2012, 20:58   #9891
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Hang in there, lady.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 21:01   #9892
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
You continue to be in my prayers. I pray for remission (the forever kind would be great!!).

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 00:49   #9893
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Always praying for you my friend.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29   #9894
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:

More prayers your way, Wolfe. I know I haven't been on here as much as I should have, and I'm sorry, so I'm still trying to catch up on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:30   #9895
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Likewise, on the great friend part. I'm glad you're back among us.

Maybe the little touch up on the muscles she did will help your gettin' shot pain a little bit.

I so hope your biopsy is clear. You deserve a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:09   #9896
Foxterriermom

Many prayers being sent your way, LW!
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:31   #9897
sawgrass

LW thinking and praying for your well being. It hurts my heart that you are in more pain. It's great to see you post.

Also as a continued effort that you started I renewed m2's
NRA membership. Someone sponsored me for a lifetime, so I wanted to pay it forward. I started a pay it forward thread.
Thanks LW.

Last edited by sawgrass; 12-22-2012 at 09:44..
Old 12-22-2012, 10:37   #9898
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!

For once, that's not the announcement after the base I was was on got shelled yet again. That's my biopsy report. Yep, remission. For now, at least, I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor. I'll have to be checked every few months for the next 3 years, then every year at least for the rest of my life. Cured? Maybe, maybe not. I have about a 40% chance of the cancer recurring and spreading within the next 5 years, which is likely a death sentence. But that means there's a 60% chance I've kicked this can to the curb for once and for all.

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-22-2012, 10:44   #9899
sawgrass

Lone_Wolfe that is wonderful news! Many prayers have been answered. Merry Christmas LW.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16   #9900
Hummer
Big Member

Hang in there, Lone Wolfe, many care for and are praying for you. We're hoping the C is gone forever.

Mrs. Hummer had the same surgery 4 years ago, a bilateral mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. She came home in a few days and the worst was soon over. She's doing fine now and I love her more than ever. Life goes on, and it's a precious thing to have and share.

Clint Eastwood
August 30, 2012
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!