Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:39   #7901
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Do you really think that is going to get you out of trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
OK, my shrink decided to go the other way and start telling me all the reason Greg should have stayed behind cover. All the reason I've said, plus I thin he added a few more. Problem is, he didn't like it too well when I sat there and agreed with him. He was trying to piss me off the point that I started defending what Greg did, but it didn't work. I just ended up sitting there nodding my head and crying a little. It didn't go like he planned at all, and I don't think he was real happy today. Although I wonder if this might have been a set-up for something else. I hope not.
I have no idea what your shrink is trying to accomplish with what he did but I have no doubt he has a plan. Just keep doing what he asks of you and keep talking to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Well, duh, he should have just asked us.

If he really wants to make you mad he should just tell you that you can't drink beer ever again.
Are you trying to cause that poor man to earn his own Purple Heart medal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 08-28-2011 at 11:40..
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 18:07   #7902
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well, duh, he should have just asked us.

If he really wants to make you mad he should just tell you that you can't drink beer ever again.
Asked you what, how to piss me off? Or why Greg should have stayed down?

Now about your suggestion that he tell me I can't have beer......

He told me he read some of this, so don't give him any ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Do you really think that is going to get you out of trouble?
He can dream....

I have no idea what your shrink is trying to accomplish with what he did but I have no doubt he has a plan. Just keep doing what he asks of you and keep talking to us.
I will. I didn't see him today and was glad of it because my chest decided to make up for the better days it's had the past week. I've been having breathing attacks off an on all day and have had to make up for lost time with taking extra pain meds. I spent a while in the phone with a GT friend today, and was glad the attack I was having then didn't get bad until I got to my physical terrorist's office. He had to start off real easy, then cut the session short so I could go see my doc for something to loosen me up and ease the pain. Not a good day for me at all, (except for time spent talking to friends) it's got me really down right now. I know it'll probably pass, but it just feels like a setback right now.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 21:54   #7903
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope your breathing attacks ease up soon. It's a new day there, I hope it's a great one for you.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:47   #7904
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope your breathing attacks ease up soon. It's a new day there, I hope it's a great one for you.
I also hope your chest feels better today.

Quote:
I will. I didn't see him today and was glad of it because my chest decided to make up for the better days it's had the past week. I've been having breathing attacks off an on all day and have had to make up for lost time with taking extra pain meds. I spent a while in the phone with a GT friend today, and was glad the attack I was having then didn't get bad until I got to my physical terrorist's office. He had to start off real easy, then cut the session short so I could go see my doc for something to loosen me up and ease the pain. Not a good day for me at all, (except for time spent talking to friends) it's got me really down right now. I know it'll probably pass, but it just feels like a setback right now.
Who did you talk to? It was not me.

I hate to hear your chest pain flared up like it did but I doubt it was really a setback. As you well know the pain comes and goes during your healing an that is probably what happened again here. I still hope your doctor checks you over good to be sure. Did you see your shrink again today? I wonder where he was going with what he said you during your last visit.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26   #7905
BobInTX

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 13:07   #7906
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Miss S_R!
Old 08-29-2011, 17:51   #7907
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Quote:
I also hope your chest feels better today.
It's better than last night, but still giving me a hard time. Oh well, that's what extra pain meds are for.

Who did you talk to? It was not me.
Nope, wasn't you. He'll spill the beans if he wants to. I'll give one hint.... GTDS

I hate to hear your chest pain flared up like it did but I doubt it was really a setback. As you well know the pain comes and goes during your healing an that is probably what happened again here. I still hope your doctor checks you over good to be sure. Did you see your shrink again today? I wonder where he was going with what he said you during your last visit.
Doc checked me over good and decided I didn't tear up anything or break anything, just that maybe my terrorist overdid it a little. He's been pushing me a bit lately. Maybe a bit too much. Yep, saw my shrink, too. Nice long session.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-29-2011, 20:56   #7908
BobInTX

Quote:

Doc checked me over good and decided I didn't tear up anything or break anything, just that maybe my terrorist overdid it a little. He's been pushing me a bit lately. Maybe a bit too much. Yep, saw my shrink, too. Nice long session.
And??

What's going on with the nightmares? Still visualizing alternate endings when you see the AK's?

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-29-2011 at 20:58..
Old 08-30-2011, 19:16   #7909
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
And??

What's going on with the nightmares? Still visualizing alternate endings when you see the AK's?
I'm still trying to visualize alternate endings, but not having any luck doing that while I'm dreaming.

OK, Iíll spill it about my session yesterday. He started asking me questions about a whole lot of things, like what I hope to do once I get home, how I feel about leaving here, how I feel about having to pretty much start my life over, and of course about Greg and what happened. He asked me things like Was I scared to go home even after all this time? (Yes) Why? (several reasons. Itís not the world I know now, I wonít have a doc and shrink nearby, I may not be able to find work that I can do, etc.) Did my physical disabilities give me reason to worry about being able to take care of myself? (Yes) What would I do if I wasnít able to do something I needed to do to take care of myself? (Try to find another way to get it done, otherwise I donít know) Does the idea of collecting disability still bother me? (In a way, but I donít feel like I donít deserve it) Would I stay overseas if it could be arranged?(Yes) When do I think Iíll want to go home? (I have no idea)

Then he went onto asking me stuff about what happened and about Greg and all that stuff again. Did I still feel like Gregís death was my fault? (In a way, but yes I know he made the choice himself) Do I still wish heíd stayed down? (Of course) If Iíd been capable of making him stay down, would I have? (If Iíd been conscious and able to do that Iíd have able to get my own ass behind the rocks!) Do I still grieve for Greg (Some) What would I say if I ever met his grown kids? (Your father was a good man and he died a hero, and Iím sorry for your loss) Do I want to meet them? (No, not yet anyway) What would you say to Greg if you could? (Damnit, you were supposed to stay down!) Would I thank him? (I canít get myself to say Thank You for doing something that got him killed) Would I have thanked him if heíd lived (I think so, but Iíd probably have cussed him many times when my chest was really hurting) Would I have done the same thing for him? (I sure as hell hope I could have) What would I want him to do if I had and had died like he did? (Heal faster than I have, and donít feel guilty for what I did. Oh, and donít take anti-depressants!) Do I still have nightmares most nights? (Yes) Have they changed recently? (The most common nightmares is still the same, but I've been adding completely different dreams now too) Are all of those dreams bad? (Mostly, but some are kind of neutral)

The questions and answers went on, but I couldnít type them all out, even if I could remember them all. Near the end of the session he said heíd come to the conclusion that Iím finally working through a lot of the crap in my head, but that Iím about 2 years where he might normally expect me to be. Thatís the time I lost because of my reaction to the ADís. He told me that it wouldnít be realistic for me to expect to never feel any guilt about Gregís death, of any sense of loss. He said in the few weeks he has left with me heís going to keep working on that and try to help me with the PTSD. He mentioned that I have a pretty bad case of that, and treating it has been kind of the back burner because of the psychosis. He thinks he can help me with that a little, and that thatís one area the VAís got experience in.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-30-2011, 20:35   #7910
BobInTX

You gave some really good answers. Read back through the thread and youll see there was a long time where your answers were "I don't know". You've come a long way.

I hope he can help you with the PTSD and the nightmares.
Old 08-30-2011, 20:55   #7911
engineer151515

Quote:
You gave some really good answers. Read back through the thread and youll see there was a long time where your answers were "I don't know". You've come a long way.

Yes

and yes.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 22:07   #7912
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! He read your post and saw how far you've come then he got right up and danced!

You're making great progress Babe; good for you.
Old 08-31-2011, 18:19   #7913
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! He read your post and saw how far you've come then he got right up and danced!: snoopy:

You're making great progress Babe; good for you.
That mutt looks like he's going to fall off the edge of the page.

What are you going to do when Mitch sees him dancing and tackles his little ass?

Quote:

I hope he can too, the insomnia and the nightmares are driving me nuts. Oh wait, I'm already nuts.

I'm hoping I can do some reading tonight, there's supposed to be a mail truck coming in tonight. There's still a lot of stuff where my answer is "I don't know", but at least now I can think at least a little bit to try to answer the question. Rememberm if I've really come a long way it's because of certain people showing me the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Yes

and yes.
Those words could get you in trouble.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-31-2011, 18:58   #7914
engineer151515

Quote:

Bring it, Baby.

Old 08-31-2011, 20:04   #7915
BobInTX

Quote:
That mutt looks like he's going to fall off the edge of the page.

What are you going to do when Mitch sees him dancing and tackles his little ass?

I hope he can too, the insomnia and the nightmares are driving me nuts. Oh wait, I'm already nuts.

I'm hoping I can do some reading tonight, there's supposed to be a mail truck coming in tonight. There's still a lot of stuff where my answer is "I don't know", but at least now I can think at least a little bit to try to answer the question. Rememberm if I've really come a long way it's because of certain people showing me the way.

I remember the pic I posted of that long winding road going up the mountain. Look over your shoulder now. Do you think you are further along now than you were then?
Old 09-01-2011, 13:22   #7916
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'm still trying to visualize alternate endings, but not having any luck doing that while I'm dreaming.

OK, Iíll spill it about my session yesterday.....
Wolfe I agree with the others. You have come a very long way in the past two years. You still have a long way to go but I know you can do it and we will be here to help.

Quote:
Bring it, Baby.

Be careful what you dare her to do.

Quote:
I remember the pic I posted of that long winding road going up the mountain. Look over your shoulder now. Do you think you are further along now than you were then?
If she says no I will fly over there and beat her senseless. Will you and 23skidoo and other care to go with me? I will supply the bats.
Quote:
Old 09-01-2011, 13:35   #7917
okie
GT Mayor

Keep your chin up sweetheart, love you
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 19:23   #7918
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Keep your chin up sweetheart, love you: smootchie:: hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Wolfe I agree with the others. You have come a very long way in the past two years. You still have a long way to go but I know you can do it and we will be here to help.
Thank you

Be careful what you dare her to do.: whistling:: supergrin:
Are you trying to say something?

If she says no I will fly over there and beat her senseless. Will you and 23skidoo and other care to go with me? I will supply the bats.: psycho:
<<< starts looking for a flight to Afghanistan. I'm safer there!

Quote:
A trip to the post office got me this,

Okie Memorial Area

and a really nice card from Engineer. I've gotten up to page 11 so far. It's pretty cool to see the avatars and siglines the people were using at the time that this was saved. I'm not sure when that was, I'll be able to tell when I start seeing post counts change. I haven't gotten up to that pic of the road, but I do remember it. I won't say I'm anywhere near the top of that mountain, but I'm farther up that road than I was 2 years ago, that's for sure. I'm far enough up that sliding back down would be really bad, and right now it scares the hell out of me. This job ends in a few weeks and I don't know what's going to happen from here. That's got me really worried right now. My chest was feeling a little better today, but it's making it up to me now. Damn. I slept for a couple hours earlier and must have thrashed really bad.

I meant to post this a couple days ago, but forgot to. I was talking privately to Lady Glock about some issues in her life and she could really use some prayers and good juju sent up on her behalf. Silent_Runner's need is still as much as ever, if not more, so could you add some for her too.

Quote:
Bring it, Baby.

: cool:: supergrin:

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-01-2011, 19:37   #7919
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Yup. L_W you are sounding better. Give yourself a pat on the back. An easy one.
Old 09-01-2011, 19:40   #7920
engineer151515

Quote:

Be careful what you dare her to do.

Yes Ma'am.

Quote:

A trip to the post office got me this . . .

and a really nice card from Engineer.
I should have printed up a nice CD cover.
But I hope the contents are useful to you. 300+ thread pages that you do not have to wait for the slow internet connection to load.
There are a few additional items we can include for the "bonus features" in the next DVD.

Last edited by engineer151515; 09-01-2011 at 19:41..

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!